Strider Combos

TVTVTVTVTVTV Joined: Posts: 140
Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, looks like nobody started a combo thread yet, so figured I'd start with a couple solo combos.

Nothing exciting (sry), but anyway, I start these off of a HP teleport.

jHK, crLK, ↘️LK, crHK, jLP, jLP, jLP, qcfHK
2459 dmg

jHK, crLK, ↘️LK, crHK, jLP, jLP, jLP, qcfHK, jHP
2880 dmg

jHK, crLK, ↘️LK, crHK, jLP, jLP, jLP, qcfHK, qcfPP
4241 dmg

If anyone has time to experiment, I've also managed to end this air string with a deep qcfLP and been able to continue the combo on the ground.

Comments

• dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    He seems like he has a lot of new stuff, and a lot of his old stuff loops/semi infintes/random links that i showed in my original videos back in UMVC3 seem to be much easier to do and land from a lot of different places. I should have a combo video up in the near future showing a lot of stuff, just a matter of being able to get around to it.. but he seems interesting in his own way.. Although at the same time, he deff has that mashy feel that it seems they gave to every character as well which is pretty disappointing.
  • TVTVTVTVTVTV Joined: Posts: 140
    Cool, looking forward to yer vid. U think the random links were off of counter-hit?

And yeah, auto combos are pretty damn lame.
    no no im talking about all my old combo videos if youve seen them. No counter hits were in them. And its not even auto combos. Its just doing combos period in the game feels like you are mashing. The whole game has a janky budget awkward sorta feel to it.
    Oh, you're saying legitimately random links...that is jenky. I've only played around with the game for an hour or so, but I still think I'll echo the same sentiment.

Vs games have gotten progressively sloppier-feeling after MvC1 imo, which sux cuz landing tricky combos was always my favorite of capcom fighters. But whatever, I'll give the game a legit chance--I suspect some of the features will start to grow on me given time
  • ili2ili2 Joined: Posts: 10
    I've been using what Clockwork showed on his stream:

any string into crHK>fHP, crLPHP(delay)HK(dog hits)xx qcb+ HP > dash HPHKcrHP fsj, (late)jHP, djLKHP(delay)HK, dash HPHKcrHP sjf, jHP, djLKHPxx qcf+HP xx qcf+PP

In the corner after fHP do cr.lp(delay)HP xx qcb+HP instead and it works. You use the OTG, ground bounce and the wall bounce for this which is nice.This combo also seems really consistent across all characters from what I've tried (vs iron-man, hulk, ghost rider, racoon and some others).

I'm not sure what to do if not ending with a super so I've just been doing j.hk xx qcf+lk (doesn't hit) in those cases.
  • Huh?Huh? Joined: Posts: 11
    edited September 22
    Been messing around with mid-screen gram loops

Mid-screen, if you have a Formation B already set up before you start the combo you can do:

c.LK s.HP s.HK qcb.LP qcb.HK qcb.HP qcb.HKx2 qcb.HP qcb.HK x2 qcb.HP qcb.HK x2 qcb.HP qcb.HK x2 22HK s.HP s.HK c.HP j.HP dj j.HP j.qcf.HP qcf.LP+HP

Hits for 5970 damage and builds around 1.5 of bar.

Meanwhile for a confirm off a raw Gram H:

qcb.HP qcb.HK x2 qcb.HP qcb.HK x2 qcb.HP qcb.HK x2 qcb.HP qcb.HK x2 qcb.HP qcb.HK x2 22HK s.HP s.HK c.HP j.HP dj j.HP j.qcf.HP j.qcf LP+HP

6532 damage and 1.33 Bar

Not sure how universal they are at the moment, need to test it. Right now trying to see if there are set ups where you can easily go into the gram H loops early into the combo without having a form B already out.
    Post edited by Huh? on
    Great stuff guys!
  • benjidurdenbenjidurden Joined: Posts: 9
    Do you guys ever try to incorporate Ouroboros into your combos with strider? I've been messing around with using it after a Mind stone grab into a Gram loop, followed by a pick up with CR. HK, CR.HP into J.LP, J.LP, J.LK, J.HP, QCF HK, QCF PP.

I've been trying to find more Strider combos that initially spend a lot of time on the ground, so my Ouroboros can do a lot more damage and won't stop my launchers. Any tips?
  • benjidurdenbenjidurden Joined: Posts: 9
    edited September 24
    Also - are there any great setups involving Stider's Formations? I've rarely used them (aside from Formation B ) so I'm curious what options I should be exploring for the each of them.
  • MGSMGS RTJRecon Joined: Posts: 1,016
    gram, is very important
    Foxhound's own
    <<Grey Fox>>
    "You've been failing for years and call yourselves vets thats bold, motherfucker you're not a vet you're just old"

dude thank you for this awesome combos
    Foxhound's own
    <<Grey Fox>>
    "You've been failing for years and call yourselves vets thats bold, motherfucker you're not a vet you're just old"
  • pr1mepr1me Joined: Posts: 1
    I'd love to see notations for these combos, game is so fast its hard to follow the moves for a new marvel player. Thanks anyway, great video!
    thanks for watching guys, theres deff more he can do and those combos have a lot of mistakes. But hopefully it gives at least a bit of ideas
  • fabriziox1fabriziox1 Joined: Posts: 66
    anywhere we can find notations?
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,093
    fabriziox1 wrote: »
    anywhere we can find notations?

This please
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
    second video

master class strider.

the combos that you use on thor..do they only work on big bodies?
    Foxhound's own
    <<Grey Fox>>
    couldnt tell ya if it works vs every character in the game, havnt played that much. But I just picked thor mostly because I felt the air combo hs, to jump punch is a little easier on him. But I added the dante combo to show its possible on smaller bodies as well. I just picked thor when I was doing a lot of them because I felt it was a little easier. Thats the main reason.

I think only one that is more perhaps specific is when I was in the corner, then put him in the corner, that opening sequence is a little more character specific.
    couldnt tell ya if it works vs every character in the game, havnt played that much. But I just picked thor mostly because I felt the air combo hs, to jump punch is a little easier on him. But I added the dante combo to show its possible on smaller bodies as well. I just picked thor when I was doing a lot of them because I felt it was a little easier. Thats the main reason.

I think only one that is more perhaps specific is when I was in the corner, then put him in the corner, that opening sequence is a little more character specific.

cool thanks man I'll do some testing
    Foxhound's own
    <<Grey Fox>>
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 880
    Wasn't sure where to post this as it's both Strider and Jedah but I figure it's mostly Strider and I believe with some tweaking the Jedah part can be replicated by other characters so should be fine.

Still trying to make the Mind Stone work and with this managed to get to 4.9K and be positive by 1.9 bars. Ouroboros can be activated at the end for that feeling of using 7 bars worth of meter and still being meter positive.
    Any ideas on how to squeeze more damage out of this? Everything I added forced a flip out after Strider's air super.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

this works on all characters?
    The specific combo? No.. the idea of it. Yes.. why wouldnt it? I was just trying to show the idea of it in a very simple way. You combo the guy till the hit stun buffer makes it so nothing combos anymore. WHich means half way through the combo it uncombos and actually crosses up.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I tried it. It works on Nemesis, Dormammu, Haggar, and Thanos but there has to be a variation for characters like Spider-man, RR, etc
    I mean like I said the exact combo it self is not super important I dont think. I merely was just trying to show a easy example of the idea. Id assume vs normal characters you can get something with the hop jumping. Characters like RR that are smaller would take a bit of thinking I guess for a real set up. Im sure you could do some ghetto resets with oroboroous of course if you "cheat" using that to get the threshold faster... Anyway maybe ill look later today. I did have another cool set up to post for it I could do will see...
  • The Comeback KidThe Comeback Kid Half Baked Joined: Posts: 160
    edited October 12
    2 things:

1. Does anybody have any ideas where to go after magic series, cat, wall climb into hard kick when they bounce up real high? I'm trying to complete a decent damage, easy execution bnb. I've seen jumping h punch into jumping hp into quarter circle forward lk and continue but I can't seem to hit the quarter circle lk in the air meaty enough. That or I'm pressin the wrong buttons once I land to continue. Ideas?

And 2. Long shot, but does anybody have any good strider/spiderman tech or combos? I have some decent stuff with spidey into strider but not vice versa.
    Hey, you, get off my cloud
    You don't know me and you don't know my style
    2 things:

1. Does anybody have any ideas where to go after magic series, cat, wall climb into hard kick when they bounce up real high? I'm trying to complete a decent damage, easy execution bnb. I've seen jumping h punch into jumping hp into quarter circle forward lk and continue but I can't seem to hit the quarter circle lk in the air meaty enough. That or I'm pressin the wrong buttons once I land to continue. Ideas?

And 2. Long shot, but does anybody have any good strider/spiderman tech or combos? I have some decent stuff with spidey into strider but not vice versa.

dude there's tons of video and tech above you find what works for your play style and apply it.
    Foxhound's own
    <<Grey Fox>>