"Tremble with terror, YOU ARE FINISHED!" The Sigma general discussion thread

Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCiJoined: Posts: 2,611 mod
Discuss any new info or speculate about Sigma here.

Judging from Ultron Sigma's moveset he will at least have Saber slashes, a counter and teleports.
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
XBL: DiekStiekemSRK

Comments

• CriminalCreedCriminalCreed Joined: Posts: 15
    Now this is a thread I can get behind. I hope Velguarder aka best robo doggo is apart of his kit in some way shape or form. Possibly even the virus as well.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,908
    In case you didn't know, you can already see Sigma's in game model (and likely his idle pose) in the game gallery:
    C6fEvJs.jpg
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,611 mod
    Now this is a thread I can get behind. I hope Velguarder aka best robo doggo is apart of his kit in some way shape or form. Possibly even the virus as well.

I've been carving a crazy Dark Phoenix esque Virus mode ever since MvC3 (Maybe not that broken but still something mindblowning)

Interesting that you brought up of Velguarder, maybe he could function as an install assist hyper to similar to MvC3's Felicia Kitty Helper and Robot helper (since the assist call is already unique to Ultron's drones)
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

• MegaMettaurXMegaMettaurX ~Technika~ Joined: Posts: 184
    In case you didn't know, you can already see Sigma's in game model (and likely his idle pose) in the game gallery:
    C6fEvJs.jpg

looks pretty good imo.
    edited September 28
    Since Ultron Sigma is the fusion between Sigma and Ultron, it's safe to assume that all the moves that don't belong to Ultron - pretty much all the sword moves - will be part of Sigma's moveset.

These are the moves I found out through a mod:

- qcb+LK: grounded command dash. Pressing LK or HK will hit the opponent with the sword for a ground bounce.
    - air qcb+LK: same as above
    - qcb+HK: an ascending command dash that hits once on the way up. Pressing LK or HK will hit the opponent with the sword for a ground bounce.
    - air qcb+HK: same as above but with a descending trajectory
    - d,d+LK: slashes with the sword once. If you press LK or HK it will slash the sword again and launch the opponent in the air.
    - air d,d+LK: a sword slash
    - d,d+HK: slashes with the sword once and launches them up in the air immediately
    - air d,d+HK: a sword slash that launches
    - b,d,b+LK: teleports you in the air in front of the opponent. If you press LK twice it will also hit them with a sword slash. Works in the air.
    - b,d,b+HK: teleports you on the ground on the other side of the opponent. If you press HK twice it will slash them with a sword after the teleport. Works in the air.
    - f,d,f+LK: parry counter with the sword. If they hit you while your sword is out you will slash them once with the sword.
    - f,d,f+HK: parry counter with the sword. If they hit you you will slash them and launch them in the air.
    - d,d+LK+HK: HC that makes meteors rain through the entire screen.
    Post edited by OceanMachine on
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    I think the meteor rain might be an exclusive thing for Ultron Sigma.
    I can't recall Sigma ever doing something like that by himself.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

• GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,630
    "Using his energy sword, Sigma is able to control the battle by opening up dimensional rifts that linger around the screen, hindering his opponent’s movement options."

damn son

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/10/04/black-panther-and-sigma-gameplay-trailer-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite
    It's almost time fellas.
    We don't get to see a whole lot of Sigma in that trailer, but I really like his eye laser and his level 3.
    The dimension rift thing sounds interesting as well, I can't wait to see more!
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

• KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,604
    His supers look nutso
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 255
    We don't get to see a whole lot of Sigma in that trailer, but I really like his eye laser and his level 3.
    The dimension rift thing sounds interesting as well, I can't wait to see more!

This video shows a small sample of the dimension rift

• wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
    I saw Sigma's dimension rifts get smacked away by Black Panther, I hope they aren't that easily removed and it's just Black Panther having a projectile nullifying trait on his moves.
  • HaggarmaniaHaggarmania Joined: Posts: 101
    I love the poo smears that Sigma puts on the screen. I was looking forward to Sigma, so I'm glad his gameplay looks fun.
  • riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,664
    Here's some day -1/1 combos I've come up with for him so far:

CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• digos25digos25 SENZU BEAN! Joined: Posts: 610
    Sigma has any invincible moves or supers?
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 160
    None of his lvl 1 supers do sadly.
  • WarriorBySandWarriorBySand Joined: Posts: 118
    here some combos

• VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,188
    edited October 17
    how do you safely pressure with him or at least safely tag when blocked?

PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,346
    how do you safely pressure with him or at least safely tag when blocked?

The slash seems pretty safe.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,347
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    I agree, Sigma is amazing. I might have finally found my support character. He has massive range, projectiles, a (short) air dash, a counter teleport, a command grab and static hitboxes that fill half the screen. What the fuck do you want more?
    The only thing I was missing was damage, but it seems like you guys here already found 6.5k BNBs.

The real letdown of these DLCs is T'Challa imho.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    Put these on Twitter earlier but yeah, this character be cookin'.

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    And you can't actually pushblock the dimension slashes. Just the sword when it hits. Sigma's got some nutty shit.
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 522
    I did a thing with Sigma, he's pretty fun to play.

Do excuse the poor quality :P
    Rip sig.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod
    Why settle for 6.6k when you can TOD when you use all of your love, your anger, and all of your meter (though I'm sure you can just use easy level 3 for this).
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 522
    Rip sig.
    This will probably be my bnb for the moment

St.lp cr.lk st.hpxxqcf.lp j.lk j.hp ad j.hp j.lk jhpxxqcbhp ad j hk st.hpxxqcb hpxxqcb pp does 5.9k. Jumo will probably do over 6k.

• WarriorBySandWarriorBySand Joined: Posts: 118
    sigma combo part 2

• SlaserXSlaserX Master Joined: Posts: 17

If you think he's a letdown, you're playing him wrong. He's a point char to open someone up and tag in a heavy hitter. His movement is *RIDICULOUS*.

I'm dabbling with Panther/Sigma to learn them now, and it's solid and fun. Sigma is definitely an amazing option ( I love counters) [Hunter feels like a Tekken character, so slow]

SlaserX wrote: »

If you think he's a letdown, you're playing him wrong. He's a point char to open someone up and tag in a heavy hitter. His movement is *RIDICULOUS*.

I'm dabbling with Panther/Sigma to learn them now, and it's solid and fun. Sigma is definitely an amazing option ( I love counters) [Hunter feels like a Tekken character, so slow]

What does he have to open up people though? He has no projectile or command grab, his overhead is only super cancellable, his high/low game relies purely on wall clings and his range is limited compared to basically anyone in the game. Yeah he's fast and has a DP, but I don't see much else. Like why would I play him over Cap Marvel who is equally fast and mobile and can just go through everything with armor?
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    edited October 18

Saw this on twitter and thought it was cool. You can get a 2nd qcb hp to push the damage up to 6k. You can do it aftee the qcf lp. Gonna play around with f.hp for a bit. It seems as though qcf HK can almost always be followed up with qcb hp into full combo. This should make his zoning a lot better considering he has full screen confirms.

Found a mid screen version that's optimized.

Post edited by AlMoStLeGeNdArY on
  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,188
    edited October 18

What does he have to open up people though? He has no projectile or command grab, his overhead is only super cancellable, his high/low game relies purely on wall clings and his range is limited compared to basically anyone in the game. Yeah he's fast and has a DP, but I don't see much else. Like why would I play him over Cap Marvel who is equally fast and mobile and can just go through everything with armor?

Cap Marvel equally fast and mobile? You sure?
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod

Panther lacks dat lockdown that's needed to help him find synergy with other characters.
  • AlkipotAlkipot Speeches are for campaigning... now is the time for action! Joined: Posts: 1,964
    Here’s a quick and easy Time Storm combo, works in most places on screen:

I think you can do one or two more reps before you can’t connect the level 3.
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218

Cap Marvel equally fast and mobile? You sure?

Her dashes are among the fastest in the game, she has 8 way air dashes and flight, her buttons are quick and armored Blitz Blow will punish anything from a half screen away. BP's ground dash is faster but doesn't have an air dash, he can only wall cling behind him and none of his approaches are safe. Idk, I need to see more games of good players, but I'm not feeling his potential right now.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet

The space storm combo looks sick AF
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 393
    I realised while trying to find some easy stuff to convert from arc divider that it scale even worse than lp as a starter.
    (Anyway, from random arc divider since i'm bad at execution anyway i just use HP dash into HP qcf LP qcb LP jHP HP-Dash jHP HP-Dash sword super or lvl 3 it's as the rest a corner carry that work from anywhere. You get around 6,3k from a HP-Dash starter and 5.2k from arc divider catch).
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,873
    Made these yesterday

my bnb is 6.6k anywhere on screen, no far arc dividers to mess up your combo if you are in the corner

also this cause ehh why not