Captain Marvel - Combo/Tech Thread

2»

Comments

• maulkripkemaulkripke Joined: Posts: 13
    maulkripke wrote: »
    A few clips from Fchamp's 24 hour stream a while back. Mostly short gameplay strings into resets or other situations I thought were interesting. Some clips are legit setups, others are basically just solid examples of her pressure game.

Tick Kara Command Grab in corner, followed by slide/blitz/fly lk pressure.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AffluentSplendidRingBibleThump

Slide/blitz pressure into crossup hk. Good example of the right spacing for box dash hk to cross up after a pushblock.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgitatedSincereSaladLitFam

Strike flurry loop combo into a really hard to see tag reset in the corner. One of the better clips, even if just as a proof of concept.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyOptimisticCoffeeBrokeBack

Slide into cgrab beats mashing lights with correct timing. Sneaky way to supplement the standard slidexxblitzxxfly lk/empty low pressure.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BluePhilanthropicFloofTwitchRPG

idk if it's just me, but the links are broken

Sorry about that, fixed.

• TMNTempsTMNTemps brozhear Joined: Posts: 4,202
    edited October 6
    P. Gorath wrote: »
    TMNTemps wrote: »
    I think you've kinda over-complicated all this bruh

here's a combo that works anywhere in the screen, off any starter, on any character.. and I think it does more damage than what you've posted. it definitely does more damage than anything FChamp has found so far

I can't get the dash xx cr. HK to connect to save my life (unless they're close enough to the corner to not need the dash).

you gotta hit em when they are around her waist. you want to use the top of the HK hitbox, then that gives you a lot of time for dash HK.. I've been using that other guy's combo more lately that goes corner to corner or just tagging to my partner when I hit the HK so I can get a bigger extension and set up a mixup
    GGXrd - Sol // SFV - Ken
    SFV Ken Okizeme Lessons
  • dougiie-OVRKLLdougiie-OVRKLL BANG WhoShotchya?! Joined: Posts: 1,034
    ifbpwnstar wrote: »
    I got the highest damage now...6955 on 10Ks

j.HK, land, c.LK, s.HP, s.HK, f.HP xx blitz, j.HP, land, j.HP, j.d+HP xx uf.blitz, j.HP xx flight, j.LP, j.HP, uf.Fly Loop (x3), j.d+HP xx flurry(LP), *fall*, j.HK xx flurry(HP), land, flurry(LP), j.HK xx df.dash, Power Blaster

I can't seem to get more hits in without whiffing the j.HK at the end and I've tried dropping the c.LK to get another HP in somewhere, but to no avail. With the combo system, it seems we need to experiment with how damage impacts stun. I'm noticing using small hits like LP and LK can actually lead to more damage when used at the right places, simply because it avoids the next tier of scaling. I believe for every 10% health lost it adds 5% damage reduction, but I'm not sure in what increments it adds this in (EX: is it every 20...25% it applies this?).

So main difference is you added the c.LK and didn't dash up HP again after the HP following blitz?
    Mahvul:
    Main: Nova/Taskmaster/Spencer
    Secondaries: Taskmaster/Spencer/Dr.Doom, Nova/Spencer/Doom

Youtube: Hardymarkthekid (dont ask >__<)
    XBL tag: dOugiieOVRKLL
  • maulkripkemaulkripke Joined: Posts: 13
    edited October 9
    My BnB from midscreen. Does nearly 6.8k on normal health characters off of j.hk confirm, nets about half a bar. You can easily break 7k dmg and build a full bar with a tag during the super, or go for a setup.

I think this can be optimized a little more, but the j.lp j.hp link after the blitz makes the combo feel really easy to me, so I use this version.

Edit: If you do the hp strike flurry xx lp strike flurry jump a.hk addf xx Power blaster ender from dougiie-OVRKLL's combo you do the same damage as that combo.

^vid with Dougiie's ender.
    Post edited by maulkripke on

• ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Lab Monster Joined: Posts: 1,215
    ifbpwnstar wrote: »
    I got the highest damage now...6955 on 10Ks

j.HK, land, c.LK, s.HP, s.HK, f.HP xx blitz, j.HP, land, j.HP, j.d+HP xx uf.blitz, j.HP xx flight, j.LP, j.HP, uf.Fly Loop (x3), j.d+HP xx flurry(LP), *fall*, j.HK xx flurry(HP), land, flurry(LP), j.HK xx df.dash, Power Blaster

I can't seem to get more hits in without whiffing the j.HK at the end and I've tried dropping the c.LK to get another HP in somewhere, but to no avail. With the combo system, it seems we need to experiment with how damage impacts stun. I'm noticing using small hits like LP and LK can actually lead to more damage when used at the right places, simply because it avoids the next tier of scaling. I believe for every 10% health lost it adds 5% damage reduction, but I'm not sure in what increments it adds this in (EX: is it every 20...25% it applies this?).

So main difference is you added the c.LK and didn't dash up HP again after the HP following blitz?

Not quite. There's that and you get one more Fly Loop as well as a d+HP after it. The d+HP is needed to have enough hit stun to connect the flurry. It's also very easy to mash since it's all uf.Fly Loop and forces the Fly Loop to cancel when you input the d+HP to avoid accidental d.dash.
    MvCi: Gamora/Marvel - Soul
    SF 5: Nash
    UMvC3: Cap (SS) | Vergil (RS) | Strider (vajra)

• Saxobul3Saxobul3 Joined: Posts: 2
    edited October 14
    I was playing around in the lab with her install. The coolest change I noticed was that when active, Blitz Blow becomes a regular air special, and will not let her fall helplessly after a whiffed execution. Additionally, it can also be chained into itself on hit or block!

In theory this does a few things:
    - Gives increased air mobility and dominance (when armored and especially in flight).
    - Gives her better Blitz Blow pressure on block since it can be executed again on block.
    - Potential for new combos like here:

What do you guys think?
  • Mr.Q!Mr.Q! a.k.a. Mr.Q®: The Godfather of OpenBOR Joined: Posts: 211
    Can someone explain to me about Dougiie's ender, he does 1st otg after command grab then he otg's again with super? I still don't understand com otg's work like this, sometimes you can nail 2, sometimes just one?
2»