Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The Current State of the World thread

Comments

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,524
    Turkey is a Muslim country after all...
  • rehreh (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (=‿‿= ✿) Joined: Posts: 1,341
    edited December 2017
    Just wait for Trump's Jerusalem recognition later this day, we're in for a fun time in the Middle East.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42249854
    "The government has not carried out any impact assessments of leaving the EU on the UK economy, Brexit Secretary David Davis has told MPs."
    They're useless anyway, eh? First May gets slammed by the DUP, now this.
    Brexit is the best, luckily we still have more than a year of fun. :coffee:

༼╬ ͡°益°༽╯彡 Dorya!
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,378
    New Year's Eve party in Berlin to have 'safe zone' for women
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42502984

Organisers of Berlin's New Year's Eve celebrations are to set up a "safe zone" for women for the first time.

The new security measures planned for the Brandenburg Gate party come amid concerns about sexual assaults.

A large number of assaults and robberies targeting women at Cologne's New Year's Eve celebrations two years ago horrified Germany.

Hundreds of women reported being attacked by gangs of men with migrant backgrounds.
  • odinodin arch enthusiast Joined: Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Xvideos wrote: »

Organisers of Berlin's New Year's Eve celebrations are to set up a "safe zone" for women for the first time.

The new security measures planned for the Brandenburg Gate party come amid concerns about sexual assaults.

A large number of assaults and robberies targeting women at Cologne's New Year's Eve celebrations two years ago horrified Germany.

Hundreds of women reported being attacked by gangs of men with migrant backgrounds.

I don't believe in karma. But that's self-inflicted karma.
    Poland sends its regards.
  • AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    odin wrote: »

It is the apex of Liberal predation. :coffee:

And I hate Conservatives.

...while conserving the term "hate" for where it is aptly applied.

...like to Conservativism.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So a big women's only party area. Let's see how this goes. Will they even have migrants near this safe zone?
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    odin wrote: »

Now the attackers know where to attack, and you got everyone rounded up for them.
    Germany prepared to be horrified
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,592
    Last week, a ("mentally ill") refugee from Bangladesh mowed down 18-20 people in the middle of Melbourne, citing Muslim mistreatment as part of his motive. The oldest victim just died:

https://www.3aw.com.au/hero-grandfather-dies-following-flinders-st-incident/
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,290
    Maybe there is still hope for Iran to return to how it was before
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,524
    I wish this guy that caused the death of a person (killed by SWAT team) gets at least 10 years in a maximum security prison. Fuck that retard. This causes a stain on the gaming community. It's the same as yelling "fire" in a crowded theater when there is no fire and people get hurt and/or killed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/12/30/why-a-twitter-user-claims-to-have-made-the-swatting-call-that-led-police-to-kill-a-man/?utm_term=.78eb2c1d2f60
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 893
    Well, I guess it does not matter much to me and it is not as relevant as most of the news in this thread, but guess which country is now legally capable of fining social media sites for not censoring what is deemed "hate speech"?

I will give you a hint:
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 893
    This swatting business is dumb. It is like giving a machine gun to a chimpanzee. There has got to be some kind of verification step that prevents it from being as easy as ordering pizza...
    It's a 911 call. If the caller is anonymous, then you can't verify the caller or if they're telling the truth.

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,364
    edited January 1
    Wasted wrote: »
    It's a 911 call. If the caller is anonymous, then you can't verify the caller or if they're telling the truth.

To follow up on this having worked at a 911 center you're obligated(officers as well) to take what's said on the call as fact until proven otherwise. Yeah we can try to get more information or call back if they hang up, but if that doesn't pan out officers can only act on what they've been given.

Hell even with repeat callers that just dial to sling bullshit have to be acted on unless an officer (usually a street supervisor) says otherwise.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
    Well, I guess it does not matter much to me and it is not as relevant as most of the news in this thread, but guess which country is now legally capable of fining social media sites for not censoring what is deemed "hate speech"?

I will give you a hint:

Nothing speaks hatred as fluently as laws designed to silence others.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,364
    edited January 1
    Like even with straight hangups and you don't even speak with someone if it gets a gps blip on the map they have to send an officer. No info, just check that area and anything can be happening or nothing at all.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.

edited January 5

Pfizer gonna lobby to wage war against your Muslim insurgency. :coffee:

I only wish I was kidding.

• MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 5
    On NPR I heard it would take only 10,000 acres of grow all of the pot required by the U.S. market.

Here's a source on how big the U.S. market may be ($10b to $40billion):
    https://www.cnbc.com/id/36179677

Under the best conditions, an acre of weed is 2.6 million dollars:
    At a market value for outdoor cannabis at $1,000 a pound one could grow $60 worth per square foot…43,560 square feet per acre times $60 equals 2.6 million dollars

That would take 7693 acres to produce $20b in crops.

So 10,000 acres seems right with basic napkin math and nothing complicated.

edit:
    Could also use this source, putting it at 1.1 million per acre. Doesn't change that ballpark 10k acres:
    https://newfrontierdata.com/marijuana-insights/comparative-yield-per-acre-for-grains-and-marijuana/
    /end edit

Small time farmers and big companies are going to be growing lots of weed and the price will go down. Easy to start growing more than 10,000 acres in the U.S.

U.S. and Australia will want to ship it globally to sell.

The market will explode, then resize accordingly.

Marijuana is approaching the Grapes of Wrath scenario, where big companies are going to take over and bully out many of the small farmers who are getting by.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

France and Germany ring in the new year with the sound of screaming women and the smell of burning cars.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Infernoman wrote: »

France and Germany ring in the new year with the sound of screaming women and the smell of burning cars.

Tolerance.

edited January 15
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/scissors-attack-on-girl-in-hijab-did-not-happen-police-1.3759910#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=65GdQmk

Ehhh... Why the fuck would you do that? smh

edit: Maybe she lied cause she doesn't wanna wear a hijab now and end up wearing a niqab like her mom.

saima-samad.jpg
    Attention-seeking, mostly

• AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,724
    edited February 4
    Any Canadians here? What is this stuff about changing law and the national anthem to "gender neutral"?

"The law recognizes that everyone has the right to self-identify their gender and that “misgendering” is a form of discrimination." http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/questions-and-answers-about-gender-identity-and-pronouns
    WTF!!!!

Post edited by AriesWarlock on
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,378
    edited February 4
    Current version
    True patriot's love, in all thy sons commands

Proposed new gender neutral pronoun version that's likely to pass
    True patriot's love, in all of us commands

--

I am surprised they didn't take the chance to remove God from the anthem too.
    God keep our land glorious and free

The French version also contains lyrics like this
    "Car ton bras sait porter l'épée, Il sait porter la croix!"
    (For your arm knows how to wield the sword, Your arm knows how to carry the cross;)
    Post edited by Xvideos on
  • NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,567
    Remember Equifax hack last fall?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-equifax-cfpb/exclusive-u-s-consumer-protection-official-puts-equifax-probe-on-ice-sources-idUSKBN1FP0IZ

To make matter worse; CFPB asked for zero dollar for 2018 budget.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-cfpb-mulvaney-funding-20180118-story.html

Does this new CFPB director NOT read/heard the whole Equifax breach? Or this was planned all along to stop the full-scale investigation that the initial director proposed/supported??

giphy.gif

=============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

Poland will always let in rich people, so as long as she has money.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file