MvC:I the 'Sales' topic (financial status of the game)

MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,978
I read the game's bombing on sales.

696479_scr9_a.png

Sales in Japan
Sales figures for Marvel Infinite's first week in Japan are out.
8,234 copies sold on PS4, unknown (almost certainly negligible) number of copies sold on the XBONE.
By comparison Pokken was the highest selling title in Japan this week with 53'295 copies sold.
Ultra Street Fighter 2 sold 16'404 copies in it's opening week.
Additionally the original Marvel vs Capcom 3 sold 80'966 copies at launch across the PS3 and 360.

Sales in UK
Count on Capcom to ensure a game starring Spider-Man, Captain America, and Chris Redfield underperforms. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite launched last week – although you’d be forgiven for forgetting – and entered the UK sales charts in 12th place. It’s a disappointing performance for what is, frankly, a disappointing game.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/09/uk_sales_charts_marvel_vs_capcom_infinite_appears_to_flop

Apparently, in the UK it sold less units than Ultra Street Fighter II.


American PStore sales:
Hecatom wrote: »


My opinion:

The only way to recover is to relaunch the game next year, call it "Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite X", and include around eight X-Men characters this time.
Post edited by Magegg on
«134

Comments

  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    Magegg wrote: »
    I read the game's bombing on sales.


    The only way to recover is to relaunch the game next year, call it "Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite X", and include around eight X-Men characters this time.

    You have strange opinions.

    Marvel games generally only sell in the US any way.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 330
    Some people in the comments said it was mostly due to timing. Pokken also does well because Pokemon sells. People eat it up.
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • ShahenzanShahenzan to burn beasts Joined: Posts: 292
    I'm really baffled by how a lot of people are approaching this sales thing
    MvCI obviously was not a smash hit, but what does that matter on SRK specifically?
    People are here, talking about the game, playing the game, and participating in or at least watching tournaments. For this community, it is doing what it set out to do.
    CFN - Ninebreaker
    PSN - Shahenzan
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    Magegg wrote: »
    I read the game's bombing on sales.


    The only way to recover is to relaunch the game next year, call it "Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite X", and include around eight X-Men characters this time.

    You have strange opinions.

    Marvel games generally only sell in the US any way.

    Japan likes crack apparently. It's 4th in some charts in Japan.
    http://store-tsutaya.tsite.jp/rank/game.html
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,026
    edited September 27
    Shahenzan wrote: »
    People are here, talking about the game, playing the game, and participating in or at least watching tournaments.
    Sir if you keep insulting me I'm gonna have to retaliate. I am not gonna let these false accusation taint my reputation.

    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • Branh0913Branh0913 Keep away king Joined: Posts: 3,642
    I never really expected it to sell that well. The hardcore fans were always going to buy it regardless, because hardcore fans are going to try to break the game down. But obviously the more casual fans really don't have a lot of content and fan service to keep them happy. But this is more of an issue with Disney than Capcom. Disney really wanted to make it like the cinematic universe, and give it less cartoony graphics. The results is that the game really doesn't look that great because of the art style. I'm about 100% that that's due to Disney.

    Disney has really been fucking over Marvel is some major ways. The comic books are terrible now, and clearly the cinematic universe is the only thing that matters when it comes to Marvel. Marvel movies do gross a lot, but keep in mind hardcore comic fans do have deep pockets. And the only reason why the movies are successful is their faithful adaptations. Disney has always tried to undermine comics as a medium. And while they have slumped is sales, it is the baseline for the Marvel universe.
    M.O.D.O.K Avengers - Minister Of Defense
    The Turtle Master, but my name ain't Splinter
    Hitting down/back so fast, you think I was using macros
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,905
    FGC/Marvel heads will buy and play the game, but did they honestly expect casuals to look at this game and be like "WOW, I need to buy it?"

    2 million copies? Not a chance. SFV couldn't hit 2 million either, but for different reasons.
  • jetman81jetman81 Joined: Posts: 188
    Shahenzan wrote: »
    I'm really baffled by how a lot of people are approaching this sales thing
    MvCI obviously was not a smash hit, but what does that matter on SRK specifically?
    People are here, talking about the game, playing the game, and participating in or at least watching tournaments. For this community, it is doing what it set out to do.

    In one sense, it doesn't affect us hardcore folks at all. The FGC is still going to play this game, it will be big at tournaments and there will be tons of hype. But if it doesn't sell to a larger audience, that hurts the chances of future MvC games being produced. And that definitely affects us hardcore folks. It would be an awful thing if this was the last MvC game.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,082
    edited September 27
    Well I think that when a game of this magnitude does so poorly they have a lot of explaining to do to their shareholders regarding how out of touch they might be with their product.

    I mean do you expect nothing to happen to the DLC pipeline in a game that sold 8 thousand copies in Japan in the first week? I'm sure at this rate they can foresee a loss down the road if they don't restructure their model I just couldn't imagine a season 3 being a priority at this point.

    I mean I don't have the answers, but I'm sure this can't be good for Capcom.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,515
    As long as the eSports sponsorships roll in with the CPT around this game and Disney getting involved, Capcom will still make a gain.
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 136
    Well I think that when a game of this magnitude does so poorly they have a lot of explaining to do to their shareholders regarding how out of touch they might be with their product.

    I mean do you expect nothing to happen to the DLC pipeline in a game that sold 8 thousand copies in Japan in the first week? I'm sure at this rate they can foresee a loss down the road if they don't restructure their model I just couldn't imagine a season 3 being a priority at this point.

    I mean I don't have the answers, but I'm sure this can't be good for Capcom.

    Nah, I'm pretty sure with the amount of budget this game had Capcom are already in the green.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,082
    Saandro wrote: »
    Well I think that when a game of this magnitude does so poorly they have a lot of explaining to do to their shareholders regarding how out of touch they might be with their product.

    I mean do you expect nothing to happen to the DLC pipeline in a game that sold 8 thousand copies in Japan in the first week? I'm sure at this rate they can foresee a loss down the road if they don't restructure their model I just couldn't imagine a season 3 being a priority at this point.

    I mean I don't have the answers, but I'm sure this can't be good for Capcom.

    Nah, I'm pretty sure with the amount of budget this game had Capcom are already in the green.
    You mean the red?
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,741
    To be sure capcom should be putting their all into every game they make. But we just don't know how feasible that is.

    There are so many things that I want fighting games to have, none have had everything though some have come close. The problem is that the ones that come close tend not to see any increased revenue from it... so why do it at all?

    It's a pretty big conundrum.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,082
    I think blazblue is pretty successful and has a very robust single player experience while still making the game "off limits" to casuals who think they're going to pick it up and clean house
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 330
    I'm also baffled by this obsession with the sales stuff - it's not going to stop the FGC from playing it. Also, I'm wondering if people really wanted the game to be a lot better or to flop.
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 453
    I'm also baffled by this obsession with the sales stuff - it's not going to stop the FGC from playing it. Also, I'm wondering if people really wanted the game to be a lot better or to flop.

    Sales ultimately determine the future of the MVC series, so if you care about MVC's future then sales should matter to you.

    Everyone was originally hype about MVCI, until we found out that it's pretty much just Capcom & Marvel pulling the same bad business practices again; so now consumers are pushing back. Alot of people purposely boycotted this game due to compounding issues with Capcom (SFV, UMVC3, SFXT, and MVCI itself)

    Yes, MVCI is fun with solid gameplay once you play it. But on the surface, MVCI is very unappealing, and the horrible Story Demo was the general public's only hands-on impression of the game. So you really can't blame ppl for not buying MVCI after all of that and previously being burned by SFV.
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 778
    edited September 28
    MvC:I is a game that is:

    1) Very fun to play
    2) Hideous in terms of UI and graphics (depending on the char/situation), and in some ways a step BACKWARDS from the visuals of the last-gen game.
    3) Made by a company that released SFV in a train-wreck launch that was missing a lot of features and has a tarnished reputation lately
    4) In a genre that is niche to begin with

    Nobody was expecting this game to set the world on fire but with the sales figures I've been seeing online, this game already has one foot in the grave. Of course we here will play it and enjoy it as much as we can but in terms of the big picture this probably means the end of Marvel.

    The fact that the Battle for the Stones trailer went out of their way to say "ONE TIME ONLY" about the tournament means they weren't even considering having a permanent tournament series for it like SF has. Their projections for this game were probably not high to begin with and it seems like it BOMBED. I hope this game lasts ten more years because outside of FGC this game might as well not exist. Don't expect another one, and if sales remain abysmal don't expect further DLC past the originally forecast chars.
    Check out my work!

    MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

    TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,364
    bchan009 wrote: »
    MvC:I is a game that is:

    1) Very fun to play
    2) Hideous in terms of UI and graphics (depending on the char/situation), and in some ways a step BACKWARDS from the visuals of the last-gen game.
    3) Made by a company that released SFV in a train-wreck launch that was missing a lot of features and has a tarnished reputation lately
    4) In a genre that is niche to begin with

    Nobody was expecting this game to set the world on fire but with the sales figures I've been seeing online, this game already has one foot in the grave. Of course we here will play it and enjoy it as much as we can but in terms of the big picture this probably means the end of Marvel.

    The fact that the Battle for the Stones trailer went out of their way to say "ONE TIME ONLY" about the tournament means they weren't even considering having a permanent tournament series for it like SF has. Their projections for this game were probably not high to begin with and it seems like it BOMBED. I hope this game lasts ten more years because outside of FGC this game might as well not exist. Don't expect another one, and if sales remain abysmal don't expect further DLC past the originally forecast chars.

    you can be sure that it gets a full fleshed out pro tour in the next year, there was even a video about it.
    they cant do it for this year because there are not enough month left so they did this special kind of thing.

    no one knows how much they invest and what they hoped to get in term of sales and beside of pc numbers we dont even know
    how much it actually sold. with the season pass for this year and the next for 2018 and possible others to come including other
    costume dlc´s i kinda doubt that capcom will not manage to get theire investment back and earn money with this title.

  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 136
    Saandro wrote: »
    Well I think that when a game of this magnitude does so poorly they have a lot of explaining to do to their shareholders regarding how out of touch they might be with their product.

    I mean do you expect nothing to happen to the DLC pipeline in a game that sold 8 thousand copies in Japan in the first week? I'm sure at this rate they can foresee a loss down the road if they don't restructure their model I just couldn't imagine a season 3 being a priority at this point.

    I mean I don't have the answers, but I'm sure this can't be good for Capcom.

    Nah, I'm pretty sure with the amount of budget this game had Capcom are already in the green.
    You mean the red?

    No I meant the green. It was suppsoed to be a joke, the game had such a low budget no matter the sales Capcom already made a profit -.-
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 778
    Saandro wrote: »

    No I meant the green. It was suppsoed to be a joke, the game had such a low budget no matter the sales Capcom already made a profit -.-

    Ah. I get you. The term is 'in the black' btw.

    Check out my work!

    MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

    TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 819
    What's more confusing is that a Western cinema based fighting game was a hit in Japan, yet the West demanded a more anime and comic book style and it bombed.
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 136
    bchan009 wrote: »
    Saandro wrote: »

    No I meant the green. It was suppsoed to be a joke, the game had such a low budget no matter the sales Capcom already made a profit -.-

    Ah. I get you. The term is 'in the black' btw.

    Ah, I see. English is not my first language, and in the green seemed obvious enough.
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 804
    If only they added xmen. Also the graphics are not as impressive as umvc3. They didnt do what mvc3 did before when revealing characters every month to hype/excite gamers.
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

    Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood


  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    Battle for the Stones like Appomo said is just a temporary mini Pro Tour. The game is said to be the main focus for the Pro Tour for 2018. This sounds like a better SFxT where the game had a lot of generally positive reception among tournament players, but will likely sell and produce well enough to continue content until 2020 or later.

    There's always a long hiatus between Marvel games so the idea of one not coming out for a while or ever is just the same shit. Marvel 3 wan't supposed to come out and Marvel Infinite wasn't supposed to come out. The legal issues alone make it extremely difficult regardless of sales, but they somehow pull through.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,757
    Shahenzan wrote: »
    I'm really baffled by how a lot of people are approaching this sales thing
    MvCI obviously was not a smash hit, but what does that matter on SRK specifically?
    People are here, talking about the game, playing the game, and participating in or at least watching tournaments. For this community, it is doing what it set out to do.

    oh man i remember when i was you

    SRK is more of a stream monster website than anything
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 778
    Shahenzan wrote: »
    I'm really baffled by how a lot of people are approaching this sales thing
    MvCI obviously was not a smash hit, but what does that matter on SRK specifically?
    People are here, talking about the game, playing the game, and participating in or at least watching tournaments. For this community, it is doing what it set out to do.

    FGC doesn't exist in a vacuum. You want new blood? New players? Dev support? Then you want the game to do well.

    If the game doesn't do well, Capcom backs out and leaves us hanging. Yes, we can have a strong scene without them. Yes, we can keep playing and enjoying without them. But it certainly doesn't hurt to have a successful game with a large player base that keeps seeing new content. It'd be nice if the game WASN'T casual kryptonite and a PR trash fire.

    I'd prefer to not be one of those dudes playing Melty in a bathroom because nobody else cares.
    Check out my work!

    MY WIP FIGHTING GAME

    TUMBLR | hk-5.net
    YOUTUBE | youtube.com/user/bchan009
    TWITTER | twitter.com/bchan009

  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 819
    edited September 30
    I just don't understand why Capcom do this to them selves. I don't understand their reasoning, I don't understand their loyalty and relationships with partners, I don't understand their own lack of self respect, it's self harm. They can't be too strapped for cash if they can pluck $100,000 out of thin air and hand it to a player. But imagine how Marvel must feel being in this situation, MvC is the most dominant Marvel video game in the light of decades by miles, but it gets beat financially and successfully by Lego Marvel, meanwhile we continue to play the game in this small dark corner of the interwebz.

    I looked at Injustice 2's story mode today and it makes Capcom look like fools. I still bought the Deluxe Edition and I'm still a Mahvel loyalist, but NRS have done such an amazing job with Injustice 2, I just don't understand where Capcom's head space is at.

    I don't even consider them a developer or publisher anymore, more a corporation making financial strategic decisions instead of making quality video games. They have such a huge back catalogue of games with amazing characters of 90's super hero status, but they're ashamed of 90% of them. Spider-Man has been around since the 60's and he's still going strong, people still love him and Marvel still honour their decisions each time they reinvent the wheel, so why don't Capcom have confidence in their own brands?

    Capcom partner with Udon and other publishers, they've had their own comic line, what about Captain Fucking Commando?! What Marvel fan wouldn't like a badass character like that? How can a company like Marvel survive with a wimpy character who's 50 years old, yet Capcom can't maintain a badass character for more than a decade?

    Ten years down the line if relationships between Marvel and Capcom stay good, I think they'll be bought out by Disney by then, and I think it would be a great idea. Instead of Capcom making games, Marvel would gain a huge catalogue of characters they can bring back to life. Because every hero, every villain, every demon or demon hunter is interesting, and it's just a waste of IP that's going down the drain that could potentially be making money. I mean, what if Marvel made Capcom movies instead of the shit we get? What if the roles reversed?

    They've made a game for the very first time where the two worlds of Marvel and Capcom literally fuse together, but in reality they couldn't be farther apart. It's the work of a potato and a lemon. They should have done what FFXV did and made a movie and brought in the extra cash that way, but opportunity lost.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shahenzan wrote: »
    I'm really baffled by how a lot of people are approaching this sales thing
    MvCI obviously was not a smash hit, but what does that matter on SRK specifically?
    People are here, talking about the game, playing the game, and participating in or at least watching tournaments. For this community, it is doing what it set out to do.

    You must be brand-fucking new.

    Ever since sales were trackable, we've cared. This is especially important to the people who promote tournaments (just like SRK) because it can be used as a measurement of how many people would likely attend a tournament.
    This is offensive.
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 819
    Also it determines the likelihood of future investment and content down the line.
  • ShahenzanShahenzan to burn beasts Joined: Posts: 292
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You must be brand-fucking new.

    Ever since sales were trackable, we've cared. This is especially important to the people who promote tournaments (just like SRK) because it can be used as a measurement of how many people would likely attend a tournament.

    I'm aware of that, the reason I said what I said is that I don't think anyone here has their head in the sand about the state of MvCI. Anyone with eyes knows its ugly, everyone with ears has heard it sold badly. I just thought that whether the game sells good or like shit, the people who want to promote it are gonna promote it anyway. Low sales = low attendees sounds like common sense, but I think that means less than it would normally because it's a Capcom game and thats the bread and butter of tourneys.

    Then again, what do I know, that one infinity stone tourney in europe has like what, 8 entrants?
    Guess sales matter more than I thought
    CFN - Ninebreaker
    PSN - Shahenzan
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 330
    flicky wrote: »
    I just don't understand why Capcom do this to them selves. I don't understand their reasoning, I don't understand their loyalty and relationships with partners, I don't understand their own lack of self respect, it's self harm. They can't be too strapped for cash if they can pluck $100,000 out of thin air and hand it to a player. But imagine how Marvel must feel being in this situation, MvC is the most dominant Marvel video game in the light of decades by miles, but it gets beat financially and successfully by Lego Marvel, meanwhile we continue to play the game in this small dark corner of the interwebz.

    I looked at Injustice 2's story mode today and it makes Capcom look like fools. I still bought the Deluxe Edition and I'm still a Mahvel loyalist, but NRS have done such an amazing job with Injustice 2, I just don't understand where Capcom's head space is at.

    I don't even consider them a developer or publisher anymore, more a corporation making financial strategic decisions instead of making quality video games. They have such a huge back catalogue of games with amazing characters of 90's super hero status, but they're ashamed of 90% of them. Spider-Man has been around since the 60's and he's still going strong, people still love him and Marvel still honour their decisions each time they reinvent the wheel, so why don't Capcom have confidence in their own brands?

    Capcom partner with Udon and other publishers, they've had their own comic line, what about Captain Fucking Commando?! What Marvel fan wouldn't like a badass character like that? How can a company like Marvel survive with a wimpy character who's 50 years old, yet Capcom can't maintain a badass character for more than a decade?

    Ten years down the line if relationships between Marvel and Capcom stay good, I think they'll be bought out by Disney by then, and I think it would be a great idea. Instead of Capcom making games, Marvel would gain a huge catalogue of characters they can bring back to life. Because every hero, every villain, every demon or demon hunter is interesting, and it's just a waste of IP that's going down the drain that could potentially be making money. I mean, what if Marvel made Capcom movies instead of the shit we get? What if the roles reversed?

    They've made a game for the very first time where the two worlds of Marvel and Capcom literally fuse together, but in reality they couldn't be farther apart. It's the work of a potato and a lemon. They should have done what FFXV did and made a movie and brought in the extra cash that way, but opportunity lost.

    Spider-Man isn't a wimp. What are you talking about?
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • DaemosDaemos Queen Bitch of the Universe Joined: Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Too soon to call it.

    Given Capcom's track record and the DLC era we live in, many people don't buy the game when it's first out anymore but wait until the deal gets sweeter.

    Personally speaking, this is the first Capcom fighter in forever that I will NOT purchase or support from the get-go until I see them actually make an effort with the characters.

    The S1 DLC roster don't interest me one bit.

    Give me Doom, Mags, and Bison you bitches!
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 819
    edited October 1
    flicky wrote: »
    I just don't understand why Capcom do this to them selves. I don't understand their reasoning, I don't understand their loyalty and relationships with partners, I don't understand their own lack of self respect, it's self harm. They can't be too strapped for cash if they can pluck $100,000 out of thin air and hand it to a player. But imagine how Marvel must feel being in this situation, MvC is the most dominant Marvel video game in the light of decades by miles, but it gets beat financially and successfully by Lego Marvel, meanwhile we continue to play the game in this small dark corner of the interwebz.

    I looked at Injustice 2's story mode today and it makes Capcom look like fools. I still bought the Deluxe Edition and I'm still a Mahvel loyalist, but NRS have done such an amazing job with Injustice 2, I just don't understand where Capcom's head space is at.

    I don't even consider them a developer or publisher anymore, more a corporation making financial strategic decisions instead of making quality video games. They have such a huge back catalogue of games with amazing characters of 90's super hero status, but they're ashamed of 90% of them. Spider-Man has been around since the 60's and he's still going strong, people still love him and Marvel still honour their decisions each time they reinvent the wheel, so why don't Capcom have confidence in their own brands?

    Capcom partner with Udon and other publishers, they've had their own comic line, what about Captain Fucking Commando?! What Marvel fan wouldn't like a badass character like that? How can a company like Marvel survive with a wimpy character who's 50 years old, yet Capcom can't maintain a badass character for more than a decade?

    Ten years down the line if relationships between Marvel and Capcom stay good, I think they'll be bought out by Disney by then, and I think it would be a great idea. Instead of Capcom making games, Marvel would gain a huge catalogue of characters they can bring back to life. Because every hero, every villain, every demon or demon hunter is interesting, and it's just a waste of IP that's going down the drain that could potentially be making money. I mean, what if Marvel made Capcom movies instead of the shit we get? What if the roles reversed?

    They've made a game for the very first time where the two worlds of Marvel and Capcom literally fuse together, but in reality they couldn't be farther apart. It's the work of a potato and a lemon. They should have done what FFXV did and made a movie and brought in the extra cash that way, but opportunity lost.

    Spider-Man isn't a wimp. What are you talking about?

    I didn't say he was a wimp, I said he was wimpy as in young or small, because he's just a school boy. The correct word would have been wimpish to describe him as a wimp.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Infinite has been in the works since the very least early 2016. All the marvel heads know this. That it still came out this way caught us all by surprise.
    This is offensive.
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,737
    Didn't realize this thread was a thing, gonna crosspost the details on Japanese sales I mentioned on the Video Game General thread.
    Sales figures for Marvel Infinite's first week in Japan are out.
    8,234 copies sold on PS4, unknown (almost certainly negligible) number of copies sold on the XBONE.
    By comparison Pokken was the highest selling title in Japan this week with 53'295 copies sold.
    Ultra Street Fighter 2 sold 16'404 copies in it's opening week.
    Additionally the original Marvel vs Capcom 3 sold 80'966 copies at launch across the PS3 and 360.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 804
    Just looks like MvC:I didn't get the budget/development time it truly deserved. They hired second rate 3d artists and rushed the game out the door with limited content. It's pretty evident that a lot of care went into the combat systems but the rest of the game doesn't have that same level of care. If Capcom/Marvel wants sales they've got to stop cutting corners.

    That can be fixed through updates and dlcs
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

    Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood


«134
Sign In or Register to comment.