Can someone explain the chronology/timeline of the franchise (Fatal Fury, AoF, KoF)?

PurpleCladGamerPurpleCladGamer Avid Nintendo & Capcom FanaticJoined: Posts: 3
I'm just curious about all of this, like the placement of all the Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, and King of Fighters games, as well as Garou: Mark of the Wolves (or is it not canon?). Could anyone explain it for me? I'm having a hard time following.
"Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Now, you put water into a cup... it becomes the cup. If you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. That water can flow, or it can crash.
Be water, my friend."
-Bruce Lee

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,320
    Timeline goes like this

Art of Fighting > Fatal Fury > Mark of the Wolves/Buriki One > Kizuna Encounter. Art of fighting happens ten years before Fatal Fury. Mark of the Wolves is ten years after Real Bout Special. Kizuna Encounter is in "the first half of the 21st century".

KoF is an alternate timeline from the one above. All the events from Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury save for two major differences. There isn't a time gap between AoF and FF and Geese doesn't die in the first Real Bout.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 292
    edited September 27
    8R3vjXC.png

Text is small, you may want to zoom in.
    KOFXIV: Iori/Ryo/Kim
    Characters on the side: Kyo, K', Yuri Kensou, Shun'ei, Maxima, Mature, Whip.
    NGBC: Mr Karate/Iori
    KOFXI: Ryo/Iori/K'
    SSVS: Genjuro, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Mizuki, Rera, Yoshitora.
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.
  • PurpleCladGamerPurpleCladGamer Avid Nintendo & Capcom Fanatic Joined: Posts: 3
    Thank you very much!
    "Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Now, you put water into a cup... it becomes the cup. If you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. That water can flow, or it can crash.
    Be water, my friend."
    -Bruce Lee
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 414
    If you can fit Athena and Last Blade in there, you might as well put Samurai Shodown and Ikari Warriors.

Anyway @PurpleCladGamer : http://meh.brpxqzme.net/timeline.html
    KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
  • BootyWarriorBootyWarrior One of the few people to play KOF on this site. Joined: Posts: 292
    Samurai Shodown is in a completely different dimension. XIV outright confirms it.
    KOFXIV: Iori/Ryo/Kim
    Characters on the side: Kyo, K', Yuri Kensou, Shun'ei, Maxima, Mature, Whip.
    NGBC: Mr Karate/Iori
    KOFXI: Ryo/Iori/K'
    SSVS: Genjuro, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Mizuki, Rera, Yoshitora.
    Alarm wrote: »
    I also listen to the 2001 OST daily.