10/01/2017 Las Vegas Strip Shooting

Comments

• StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,640
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I want to know how in the fuck this guy was able to obtain such a powerful weapon and not set off anyone's watch lists or other protocols that are supposed to go in effect...

he's white. old. had some amount of money. and looks like an average typical midwestener.
    not trying to be racist but...
    if this guy came into a gun shop looking like this...

rw_crazy-002.gif

he wouldve raised a few eyebrows maybe.

also, LOL at ISIS claiming responsibilty for the shooting.
    so ISIS outsourcing terrorism now?
    Raz0r wrote: »
    What do you mean? Hotels don't have metal detectors. Although I'm sure when I go to Mandalay Bay next year I'm gonna have to go through a battery of security checkpoints.

enjoy next year's EVO.
    great. now you have intrusive strip searches on top of the smelly smash community to contend with.

edited October 2
    Darksakul wrote: »
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Yet there will be no legislation on automatic weapons. America!

The weapon that the terrorist used was estimated to cost 65k and is extremely hard to get a hold of, but apparently not hard enough.
    Yet there will be no legislation on automatic weapons. America!

Criminals are NOT going to observe Gun laws. The way the underground gun market is, its only a question do you have enough cash for one.

You know why the automatic Minigun is still legal, it cost thousands of dollars in Ammo to shoot one for a few minutes, only the super rich can even afford one.
    There also only 11 ever made for civilian use.

You know who has the strictest gun laws in the western Hemisphere, Mexico. Only legal sellers, buyers and traders of arms and ammunition is the Mexican Federal government, and it's handled by their military.
    How much gun crime Mexico still sees? Mexico makes our Vegas Shooting looks like a slow tuesday.

mexicans get their guns from america obviously.
    the sell south american drugs to americans, to get american currency from americans, to buy american guns from americans...

but americans wanna state that americans are innocent of the mexican crime problems.
    BUILD THAT WALL AND DONT LET THEM FILTHY CRIMEY GREASY WETBACKS ON OUR VIRGIN SOIL!

oh...kayyyy.

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There was security each year it was there. This year they also checked to make sure you didn't bring in your own food and beer lololol.

Fuck paying $11 a cup of shitty Bud. I went to the store a bit down the strip and brought a good amount of beer to the venue with no problem in 2016. We stay poverty, son!
    This is offensive.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,311
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    A co-worker of my wife was there, and shot 3 times. Apparently shes in a medically induced coma, was shot in her jaw and her liver. She works at one of the local high schools as ASB director, I've met her plenty of times doing school events. Hoping she pulls through.

My condolences man. No one deserves what happened to those people.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,311
    It's worth noting the guy was felling people from 400+ yards out. Like... Even shooting from elevation how does a civilian have a gun with that kind of firerate, range and ammo capacity. It just defies belief honestly.
    Make bullets cost $5,000 each. Seriously, Rock was on to something.
    This is offensive.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,382
    Mexican criminals buy guns from Americans lol.

So stop.

PS - Those are each individual links. Have fun reading.

Reading individual links? Fuck that shit, who has the time.
    And fuck you for thinking anyone going to sit down and read all that shit.

Also Mexican criminals buy guns from Americans
    Criminals don't respect laws duh. They will find their guns despite the legal restrictions.
    Became money talks.

You are being willfully obtuse. Keep it up and back to ignore you go.

You used a tired and constantly debunked idea that stricter laws don't mean better gun control. Those laws would work IF your neighbor didn't provide a steady supply of firearms with little government oversight.

Let's even put this in context within the US. Those cities conservatives hate so much because of tight gun control? They are always brought into the spotlight when it comes to gun crime, but they never mention where those guns come from. Here's a hint: they don't actually come from the city. It's the neighboring states, with lax to no gun control laws, who sell it to someone and get them brought over.

I've brought this up maybe 15 times in the last year, but apparently no one wants to listen if it goes against everything they understand of the world.

And you are being fucking Obtuse to think any amount of legislation is going to do shit. You are no fucking better than white old church ladies that scream "think of the children".
    Half the Gun laws now in this country, going from state to state aren't even enforced.

I am from Maryland, a blue state, with the only places more democratic than Maryland being California and Vermont.
    Yet most of the guns laws on the books is for fucking show. They are meaningless because they aren't enforced or enforced well.
    And it not just in good old blue states, but everywhere.

Also the United states have how many fucking undocumented guns, more than the Government will ever admit. On top of the the grandfather clause no amount of legislation is going to magically clean up all the guns.
    What needs to change is a fundamental idea and culture of guns in our society, and I for one do not see that happening in my lifetime.

You can scream legislation all you want, but in the end you are just as worthless as those old church ladies who are just as out of touch with the world.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,367

So stop.

Criminals don't respect laws duh. They will find their guns despite the legal restrictions.
    Became money talks.

You used a tired and constantly debunked idea that stricter laws don't mean better gun control. Those laws would work IF your neighbor didn't provide a steady supply of firearms with little government oversight.

Let's even put this in context within the US. Those cities conservatives hate so much because of tight gun control? They are always brought into the spotlight when it comes to gun crime, but they never mention where those guns come from. Here's a hint: they don't actually come from the city. It's the neighboring states, with lax to no gun control laws, who sell it to someone and get them brought over.

I've brought this up maybe 15 times in the last year, but apparently no one wants to listen if it goes against everything they understand of the world.

And you are being fucking Obtuse to think any amount of legislation is going to do shit. You are no fucking better than white old church ladies that scream "think of the children".
    Half the Gun laws now in this country, going from state to state aren't even enforced.

I am from Maryland, a blue state, with the only places more democratic than Maryland being California and Vermont.
    Yet most of the guns laws on the books is for fucking show. They are meaningless because they aren't enforced or enforced well.

Also the United states have how many fucking undocumented guns, more than the Government will ever admit. On top of the the grandfather clause no amount of legislation is going to magically clean up all the guns.
    What needs to change is a fundamental idea and culture of guns in our society, and I for one do not see that happening in my lifetime.

You can scream legislation all you want, but in the end you are just as worthless as those old church ladies who are just as out of touch with the world.

Gotta do something tho. Cant just let people get shot up every 6 months and just roll with it. Like you said we arent changing the culture in any way we will feel in our lifetime, but what we can do is start to change the laws
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,382
    HNIC Mike wrote: »

So stop.

Became money talks.

Gotta do something tho. Cant just let people get shot up every 6 months and just roll with it. Like you said we arent changing the culture in any way we will feel in our lifetime, but what we can do is start to change the laws

How bout we start actually enforcing the Laws we have on the books now instead of writing new laws that just get equally ignored.
    New legislation means shit if the enforcement how is laughable.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Make bullets cost $5,000 each. Seriously, Rock was on to something.

Gun laws were made when guns were not as capable as they are now. I think it's worth updating them. Old guns couldn't do what that guys gun did.

Good point shit was cool when it was muskets. Its irresponsible to just let people have what we have now. May as well say people have the right to own bombs and shit.
    HNIC Mike wrote: »

So stop.

Became money talks.

How bout we start actually enforcing the Laws we have on the books now instead of writing new laws that just get equally ignored.
    New legislation means shit if the enforcement how is laughable.

The thing is that they're written so that they are hard to enforce. Things have to change all the way around.

So stop.

Became money talks.

You mean state laws? Because that's what the US has on guns. There are very few FEDERAL laws on the books for them because of intense lobbying. States vary WILDLY in the laws they have, so enforcing such a swiss cheese blanket of laws is going to be damn near impossible unless we are all on the same page. You can't have one state restricting all gun ownership to those who go through a strict process next to a state where all you need to buy a gun is the cash and expect the guns not to trickle over. That's some silly bullshit and obviously not even thought out at the kindergarten level.

Buybacks rarely work. For example, Australia only managed to buy 600,000 of its guns back after that massacre they had. But it's a start.

The next step is to ban the sale of any automatic weapon like this and others in the future and a buyback program for those already in existence. Don't want to give it up? Okay, but once you die you can't pass that gun on to anyone else and it must be legally gotten back. At that point it's already an illegal gun so if we find it you get tossed in jail. Boom.

(I'd let you guys keep bolt-action rifles and shotguns. The rifle is especially useful when hunting deer, elk, etc.)

Further, charge a fuckton more for bullets. Guns ain't shit without the ammo they need to be used. This is the easiest and most effective measure in gun control. I'd also regulate the ingredients necessary to make gun powder in case we have any would-be scientists out in their backyards putting together ammunition. I'd actually love to see that as gunpowder is hella unstable and prone to blowing the fuck up unless the environment is controlled.

There ya go. I just gave you a pretty damn solid gun reform plan.
    This is offensive.
    This is why I hate debating with Dark Sakul and why I had him on ignore for the longest: he just repeats tired, exasperated talking points.

They only exist to stall the conversation. There's no actual merit to them. Your position is pretty much to stand back and do nothing.

Nah, fuck that.
    This is offensive.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,778
    The weapon used looks like it was already illegal to have

personal purchases are not regulated because people know what they sell are dangerous. Full automatic or semi with hi cap mags/possible drums

Dude was going to kill people

The shit about it being political? We won't know

Guns are already heavily regulated, but this guy had obtained such dangerous gear

Lots of people dead. Makes your skin crawl thinking what if i was there

Wondering if hysterical lady was in on the plot or she was oblivious until day of
    As apparently she ran into the venue yelling that everybody was going to die

But didn't get security or police to stop him
    dab00g wrote: »

Guns are already heavily regulated, but this guy had obtained such dangerous gear

This is not true on a federal level and varies a lot in the state level.

C'mon, son.
    This is offensive.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 9,763
    Wasn't there a federal ban on automatic rifles already that was never really enforced because manufacturers just made slight modifications to their guns so that they would fit the law?
    I honestly believe it will take generations of educational work and some radical changes in the structure of US society for real gun laws to be enforced. Nobody enforces laws they don't believe into.
    [SFV] Laura, Vega [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Cap Marvel/Thanos (Time)
    Pretty much getting that gun in nevada, arizona, colorado, or utah does not surprise me

Plus living in a highly regulated state like california we still have so many deaths via guns even after regulation of the firearms

I really think that pricing out ammo to ridiculous costs would be great in curbing shit

But this guy had extremely expensive weaponry
    I mean crazy ass determined evil dudes are going to find a way. But we gotta make it harder. Cant just let it rock.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,020 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Not surprising. Always happens when gun control talk happens because people think they'll lose their right to purchase guns.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,020 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dark Souls did nothing wrong.
    See now that white guy needs to play william tell and try to parry a bullet
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 182
    dab00g wrote: »
    See now that white guy needs to play william tell and try to parry a bullet

or this character

cuphead-buttonjpg-b68a2e_160h.jpg
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,425
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooter/index.html

Picture of terrorist

If I can find the unblurred photo you can see what looks like some asian prostitue. Dude looks like he was getting shit faced in thailand or some shit.

I saw on the news that they are still looking for an Asian female that was his roommate/accomplice.

she is no longer a person of interest bro. It's right there in the link I shared.

White folks from my hometown already making excuses about mental health reform for this cracker.

Yeah but what else IS there? We're at a point where gun control, the way it's been, is pointless and doesn't do anything to help the situation, and the NRA just makes things worse. @Raz0r's idea of making bullets super expensive and regulating materials used to make gunpowder are steps in the right direction, but it'll take conscientious politicians who are willing to say no to the gun lobby to make that happen.

This isn't even talking about the fact that once 3d printing becomes a consumer level thing, the gun debate is pretty much over. Anyone who wants a gun will be able to print one out. What will they do? Make the internet and 3d printers illegal? Good luck.

Gun control doesn't get to the root of the problem which is fucked up people who want to shoot people. Keeping people from getting to that point is a better move and will work better than all the gun control laws that could ever be written.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    I think people who want to hurt others is the thing we cant change. Laws and enforcement are things we can do. They could change that shit today.

I mean surely there is some correlation between having terrible gun control and copious amounts of mass gun violence. Only place in the world where this just happens on the regular
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 2
    People like to bring up switzerland having all these guns but forget that they also have like the best education system in the world. Also 20% of their suicides are gun related so...yeah

But every other place that has good gun laws or really strict gun laws are like the most peaceful places on urth.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • rbuniaorbuniao Joined: Posts: 182

The shooter loves country music, gambling, and eating burritos
    I love country music and burritos, too.

Can't stan for gambling, tho. That shit is rigged.
    This is offensive.
    edited October 2
    rbuniao wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watchv=_S6-OCjaQYk

The shooter loves country music, gambling, and eating burritos

this just in, Trump declares a bad burrito caused the temporary insanity.

BUILD THE WALL!
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,034
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    It's worth noting the guy was felling people from 400+ yards out. Like... Even shooting from elevation how does a civilian have a gun with that kind of firerate, range and ammo capacity. It just defies belief honestly.

Range and ammo are easy. Hunting and sporting rifles can easily cover that range.

Firerate is the concern. As I understand, its illegal to make new fully auto weapons for civilian use - these weapons are part of a small market available basically to the rich, which are all registered and have to be transferred across owners, etc.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shoot accurately from 400 yards out isn't easy at ground level, much less 200-300 feet in the air froma window.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY