Two women escape from prison, to be apprehended by police...in an escape room

Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy.Joined: Posts: 13,872
https://globalnews.ca/news/3786086/women-who-escaped-edmonton-prison-arrested-at-escape-room/
You can’t make this stuff up.

Two women who were wanted by police after escaping a west Edmonton prison on Monday night were arrested at a local escape room.

“It sort of was funny to think that they weren’t going to escape from an escape room. Definitely not as challenging here as, I assume, escaping from jail would be,” said Rebecca Liaw, who owns SideQuests Adventures escape room in downtown Edmonton with her husband, Jonathan Liaw.

Rebecca said two women who claimed to be from out of town came into their business shortly before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday to inquire about escape rooms. Jonathan said the women told him they had never experienced an escape room before and asked for a tour.

“That’s not out of the ordinary,” he explained. “We get a lot of walk-ins. People are curious, they’ve never done an escape room before.”

Not having seen the news of the escaped prisoners, Rebecca took the women around the corner and down the hall to view one of the rooms. Jonathan stayed at the front reception desk.

“They continued the stream of typical questions,” Rebecca said. “They were extremely cool about it. They kept up a regular conversation, asking completely typical questions that we do get on a daily basis. Nothing out of the ordinary.

“They weren’t in any way threatening,” she said.

While the women were on the tour, a police officer came down the stairs into the business and asked Jonathan if two women had come in without an appointment.

“I was like, ‘Yes, actually, they have,'” he said. “He just called for backup right away. He just said, ‘They’re here.'”

Within seconds, Jonathan said four more police officers came into the building.

“I was getting a little concerned at that point. I was like, ‘Who are we dealing with?'”

Meanwhile, around the corner, Rebecca had been with the women for only about 30 seconds when she looked up and saw the officers.

“I look up behind them to see the hallway full of police officers. They were very, very quickly handcuffed after that and led straight out,” Rebecca explained.

Surveillance video from inside Sidequest Adventures shows the ordeal. The time from when the women enter the business to when they’re arrested lasts only about three minutes.

“It was all very quiet, very peaceful,” Jonathan said.

Police began their search for the women Monday night after prison officials reported two inmates had jumped the east fence of the Edmonton Institution for Women and escaped the facility.

Officers searched the area but were unable to locate Kelsie Laine Marie Mast, 23, and Samantha Faye Toope, 20. Both have a history of weapons offences and police said they are violent offenders.

At around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, police were led to the area of 104 Street and 102 Avenue after a tip from a citizen who recognized the women.

Jonathan and Rebecca said they had no idea who they were dealing with and were able to find some amusement in the situation.

“Ironic. Somewhat funny. Seeing as they escaped an escape room – technically jail – that wasn’t supposed to be escaped,” Jonathan said.

“Although typically, I don’t think jails put puzzles in the way and they’re not supposed to be escaped so it might be a little different.”

Police said the escapees will be returned to the custody of the Correctional Service of Canada.

Yeah...
XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk

Comments

• MylziletoMylzileto Joined: Posts: 30
    You know those old escape the room flash games? or perhaps, are you familiar with the zero escape series? Same idea, only real.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,246
    Mylzileto wrote: »
    You know those old escape the room flash games? or perhaps, are you familiar with the zero escape series? Same idea, only real.

Or in other words it is like a Live action roleplaying SAW, but with none of the dismemberment and life endangerment
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 441
    Those bitches ran out of Prison just to do a 360 turn to head back.....
    Sounds like a success to me.
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 8
    Those bitches ran out of Prison just to do a 360 turn to head back.....

Presumably moonwalking.
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,165
    what the hell is an escape room?

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,876
    what the hell is an escape room?

still waiting for an understandable answer to this question
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,622
    If you've never done one an escape room is amazing. I'm a bit of an addict, got two rooms lined up in the next two months.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,412
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Got you beat dawg

http://nypost.com/2017/09/21/inmates-sneak-back-into-jail-after-breaking-out/
    A group of Mississippi inmates busted out of jail this week, burglarized a bargain store — and then broke back in and returned to their cells, according to a report.

The jailbirds, identified as Levontaye Ellington, Travis Baker, Maurice Robertson and Jacquiez Williams broke out of the Holmes-Humphreys County Correctional Facility in Lexington Tuesdayby hopping a fence, Mississippi News Now reported.

Once in the clear, the men walked less than a mile to a Dollar General chain store after closing and swiped anything they could grab.

“They stole cigarettes, cigarette lighters, phones and just items they felt they could sell in jail,” Lexington Police Chief Robert Kirklin said according to the report.

But rather than extend their newfound freedom, the foursome inexplicably snuck back into the jail, undetected, baffling police.

“You’re already in jail, but you want to break out and break back in?” the chief said. “That is just something. I heard it all.”

The inmates denied their involvement in the scheme, even though they were caught on store surveillance footage, according to the report.

“Just looking at the type of clothing they had on and just one of the bags they had put some of the merchandise in,” police were able to pin the inmates to the crime, Kirklin said.

The inmates were charged with commercial burglary.

In a sort of hair brained way I can see the logic behind that.

Prison sucks but so would life on the run if they broke out and escaped.

So they must have seen the chance and figured it would be better in the long run to serve their sentances and be truely free at the end of it.

But prison still sucks and they got the chance staring them right in the face so they did the next best thing, go out and get a bunch of shit that will either directly or indirectly through selling it make their stay more comfortable.

I mean they got caught on cctv so tough shit but if they had been smart enough to not nick the stuff and just use a payphone to get a relative or mate to give them some shit to smuggle back in it could have been a good plan, or at least a better one than straight up escaping.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,124 mod
    Should've starting making out in the escape room.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,872
    Reiraku wrote: »
    Basically, you get locked in a room and you have to solve the puzzles in the room to get out. There are various clues within the room that you have to put together in order to solve it. A lot of places will use different themes to shake things up, (Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, etc)

Worst one I've ever been in was a Death Note Themed room. You could actually solve it within 10 minutes if you had seen the series before (I hadn't). That should never happen in a well-designed escape room.

Then I watched the series and wished I hadn't. Fucking Misa.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 884
    I'd have spent my time in the room taking notes and over-dramatically eating potato chips.
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,401
    latest?cb=20140626182735
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,970
    I recently heard about those escape rooms but when I looked it up it's $45 for 1 hour. Gtfo
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • odinodin crystal clear Joined: Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 582
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Got you beat dawg

http://nypost.com/2017/09/21/inmates-sneak-back-into-jail-after-breaking-out/
    A group of Mississippi inmates busted out of jail this week, burglarized a bargain store — and then broke back in and returned to their cells, according to a report.

The jailbirds, identified as Levontaye Ellington, Travis Baker, Maurice Robertson and Jacquiez Williams broke out of the Holmes-Humphreys County Correctional Facility in Lexington Tuesdayby hopping a fence, Mississippi News Now reported.

Once in the clear, the men walked less than a mile to a Dollar General chain store after closing and swiped anything they could grab.

“They stole cigarettes, cigarette lighters, phones and just items they felt they could sell in jail,” Lexington Police Chief Robert Kirklin said according to the report.

But rather than extend their newfound freedom, the foursome inexplicably snuck back into the jail, undetected, baffling police.

“You’re already in jail, but you want to break out and break back in?” the chief said. “That is just something. I heard it all.”

The inmates denied their involvement in the scheme, even though they were caught on store surveillance footage, according to the report.

“Just looking at the type of clothing they had on and just one of the bags they had put some of the merchandise in,” police were able to pin the inmates to the crime, Kirklin said.

The inmates were charged with commercial burglary.

Mad Max Fury Road plot
  • AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando Goten More Years Joined: Posts: 3,149
    Police say they were headed to the Monopoly room, hoping to find a Get Out Of Jail Free Card.
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "AlphaCommando > RadicalFuzz" - Augustus

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file