Ryu V-Trigger 2

CestusCestus Sorry for my english :DJoined: Posts: 6,745
V201.jpg

Hopes? =)

I think we get basically SF4 Focus Attack
I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
"@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1

Comments

• Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep Everything you do is a balloon. Joined: Posts: 1,745
    Whatever it is, it does quite a bit of damage.
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,897
    It does look like a focus attack. If it's nothing more then a focus attack then it might actually be pretty good. We don't have to worry about armor breaking reversals and moves in SFV like we did in SF4. Plus we already have a character that has a V Trigger like this in the form of Abigail's V Trigger. So yeah, it could be pretty useful.

Unfortunately it would just be a better version of his current V Trigger. We can already play chicken with our opponents by charging up Denjin and daring them to jump out of it or guard crush them via a set up. His first V Trigger needs some major changes to actually make us want to use it over this. And I have a hard time seeing how this will actually be worse than his current V Trigger unless it gets a major buff.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,745
    edited October 2017
    Probably it (VT2) will come with the annual patch too, that i think it will bring some buffs to Ryu* as normally annual patch bring balancement changes/buff/nerfs, and Ryu as now is in a situation that make him an obvious candidate for mostly/only buffs

So i guess until we know the buffs is more about if we like more the idea of denjin hados (and some better frames) or focus attack... but yeah, some of the buff/changes may also be VT1-specific to keep both option more or less equal

Btw since VT1 does'nt give just charged hados but buff frames/stun/hado/SRK/CA too, for i will like to see some extra stuff for VT2 aside the "FA" punch.
    Maybe extra damage on all normals, i will like it as imho Ryu work best as heavy hitter char
    Maybe also make it work in combination with his V-skill/Parry, like they did in SF4 Omega mode (at 0:57):

Fun thing SFV Ryu got a lot in common with Omega version... ORyu also got back his SF3 parry, and got MP>HP>HK combo, will be so cool if get Tesshin/Isshin too =)

*i think they will improve some of his tools and -as usual- make rain nerfs everywhere on his damage. Peoples will be happy, i will be sad lol
    They will also pretend some shit that benefit 68% of the cast is a "Ryu buff" to justify the lack of multiple buffs lol

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • KolbeKolbe Joined: Posts: 184
    I'm moderately excited about AE and giving Ryu mostly buffs would be a no brainer (though Capcom balancing team seems to be lacking in the brains department lately), however, I'm still skeptical about it. I don't want it to favor a rushdown-only type of playstyle. I want the game to let me try to adapt to a new style on the fly. Sometimes I think that is why Daigo is not as good in this game as before: he can't keep his opponents guessing on how slow or fast he is going in or if he is going in at all.

Anyways, I want buffs, but like I've said before, Ryu's regultar V-system is okay. That's how most V-triggers should be. They should give you a CHANCE, not just be a jail-free card. And Ryu's denjin is cool, if everyone else's V-System were on par, but since SFV just went and tried to kill fireballs, there's not much use for it.

Anyways. We'll see how this turns out. I won't download the game again until I see players being able to "express themselves", as cliché as it sounds.
    PSN: KolbeSgf

T7: Feng, Jin, maybe someone else
    GG Rev2: Ky
    SFV: Ryu
  • fischbsfischbs stop that Joined: Posts: 1,175
    That's his stand fierce mirrored, isn't it?

I just hope they buff his VT1.
    You can use BBCode in your post. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,853
    edited October 2017

I like Ryu's A3 Metsu Shoryuken and his Gem Fighters iteration than the rest.

VSkill would be Joudan Sokutogeri.

VTrigger would crumples the opponent either Denjin Hadouken like SF3 or Kaze no Kobushi.

I used to think about that and Fist of the wind is destined to be part of SFV instead of a CA.

Since @bakfromon translate the V-Trigger II as "確固不抜 (Kakkofubatsu), that means "determined or steadfast".

It probably more into a RED Focus that can take multiple hits than a ordinary focus that already appeared in some characters.

ultra-street-fighter-iv-red-focus-attack.jpg?w=547

It can be probably used multiple times and each activation can drain your V-Gauge

Or it's similar to Red Focus but rather drains your V-gauge instead rather than your life gauge

I don't expect it to be better than Denjin Mode. Let see.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    edited October 2017
    fischbs wrote: »
    That's his stand fierce mirrored, isn't it?

Fierce is still a right punch, but got opposite leg as lead
    This one remind me SNK's Ryo big punch =)
    V201.jpg
    kofxiv-1.jpg

• The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,853
    RYO does stun and knocks the opponent down across the other side of the screen but the Ryu in that image does different to Bison is still standing. It looks like a guard break or something.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    24.) Bojack

SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
    I swear to Crom, if Ryu's HP Shoryu and MP Shoryu still do the same amount of damage and stun, I will get a physical AE disc only to break it!

edited October 2017
    Kolbe wrote: »
    I swear to Crom, if Ryu's HP Shoryu and MP Shoryu still do the same amount of damage and stun, I will get a physical AE disc only to break it!

give HP SRK it's before-patch damage,before this shit happened

H Shoryuken (Normal/V-Trigger):
     Decreased damage of normal version from 140 to 120
     Decreased damage during V-Trigger from 160 to 130

• RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 336
    Whatever it is won't make a difference unless it makes DP or at least normal AAs work properly. Is it just Ryu or is this entire game wholly opposed to letting you have a fair chance whilst on the defensive? So boring and frustrating.
    Whatever it is won't make a difference unless it makes DP or at least normal AAs work properly. Is it just Ryu or is this entire game wholly opposed to letting you have a fair chance whilst on the defensive? So boring and frustrating.
    at 0:20

15111372642984550.gif?1511137281

• HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,297
    edited November 2017
    Going to need a better example. You can already Parry Uriens knee drop and do st.mp Cr.fierce xx DP xx Super....?

Hoping for other properties.
    Going to need a better example. You can already Parry Uriens knee drop and do st.mp Cr.fierce xx DP xx Super....?

Hoping for other properties.

I think one major difference is that Ryu's VT2 stun the opponent with the first parry, so you can likely interrupt even a multiple hit attack with just one successful parry (and i guess the window is more wide) and punish with a big punch probably also quick strikes you can't normally punish with Vskill

Here it show it well in slow motion
    https://www.eventhubs.com/images/2017/nov/19/v-triggers-02/

A good question is what can you link after the punch (wich does nice dmg btw)

Will have been awesome can SPS after it, but i really doubt... but even just cr.HP>HPsrk>Super will be nice

Looks like more combo oriented trash, Ryu needs defensive and zoning tools, not new ways to combo. Fuck this.
  • M8in8M8in8 Joined: Posts: 27
    it will not help ryu , he need more than this :

A: This is if you think ryu must be a zoning caracter.

1.FB Recovery
    2.invisible DP
    3.Longer hurt box from his st lk as it was in S1
    4. More longer Hurtbox for his st lp.

B: If you think ryu must be a close body caracter as capcom seems to think it must be now ,then

1.More faster Start Up for his normal .
    2.No blok after throw (So lol lol lol to saw that when u heard what capcom said about ryu)
    3.More + on block for his hits.
    4. Crouch Counter Must be more efficient.

Actually he is nothing , no zoning , no body , he is just a waiter of mistake , that s it.... And this VT 2 will not help him.

I love Ryu but there is now no sence to play him.
    It will suck. And I will still main him.

In fact, I expect more nerfs. I don't care.

M8in8 wrote: »

1.FB Recovery
    2.invisible DP

B: If you think ryu must be a close body caracter as capcom seems to think it must be now ,then

2.No blok after throw (So lol lol lol to saw that when u heard what capcom said about ryu)

Actually he is nothing , no zoning , no body , he is just a waiter of mistake , that s it.... And this VT 2 will not help him.

Tbh i will like B Ryu, a char that can combo/fight close but still with big emphasys on single heavy strikes compared to the blond bitch =)

A bit OT but personally i will like

-make stHP force standing the opponent
    -make stHP special cancellable ever
    -switch his stHP and stHK Crush Counter effects
    -crHP in Crush Counter to cause vertical launch like Ken's

-give me back SRK dmg, Ryu just deserve it damnit =)
    -give me back pre patch combo SPS>bHK>LK>SRK

-faster MP, MK, crHP, SPS

I'm not an high level player, but in my ignorance i will really like something like that =)

Also, bring his old cr.HP animation back. Thanks.

edited November 2017
    Kolbe wrote: »
    Also, bring his old cr.HP animation back. Thanks.

@Kolbe
    tbh i like both, old one was badass af, but the new one being with left arm work much much better (both visually and as legibility) when you do crHP>SRK or SPS>crHP because he switch hand

I will like to get the old one as new command normal... launcher like Akuma's bHP maybe?

• NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,580
    edited November 2017
    Cestus wrote: »

1.FB Recovery
    2.invisible DP

If st.hp could always cancel we'd just poke with only that :punch:

I don't see why st.mk can't be a frame faster than st.hp though :pensive:

I'm not too excited about this new v-trigger, I can just already see it being baited and shit... Or losing to something that still had invulnerability frames while Ryu tries hitting them :lol: That's how Gouken's counter worked in SF4 at least, but maybe they fixed this problem this time around..
    Post edited by NG1313 on
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
    edited November 2017
    NG1313 wrote: »

1.FB Recovery
    2.invisible DP

1- If st.hp could always cancel we'd just poke with only that :punch:

2- I'm not too excited about this new v-trigger, I can just already see it being baited and shit... Or losing to something that still had invulnerability frames while Ryu tries hitting them :lol:

1- Tbh i will accept it with longer recovery in case of whiff as trade-off if needed, makin it more risk reward =)

2- i don't think they can reply with anything (invulnerability or not) if he "stun" them with the parry, again watch it
    https://gfycat.com/ifr/DemandingSkeletalAmazondolphin?speed=0.2

it seem like Urien is locked in that passive animation by the parry, the punch may be just designed to be guaranteed hit if the counter is successful

• NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,580
    NG1313 wrote: »

1.FB Recovery
    2.invisible DP

1- If st.hp could always cancel we'd just poke with only that :punch:

2- I'm not too excited about this new v-trigger, I can just already see it being baited and shit... Or losing to something that still had invulnerability frames while Ryu tries hitting them :lol:

1- Tbh i will accept it with longer recovery in case of whiff as trade-off if needed, makin it more risk reward =)

2- i don't think they can reply with anything (invulnerability or not) if he "stun" them with the parry, again watch it
    https://gfycat.com/ifr/DemandingSkeletalAmazondolphin?speed=0.2

it seem like Urien is locked in that passive animation by the parry, the punch may be just designed to be guaranteed hit if the counter is successful

Maybe... I still have some horrible memories with special move counters from SF4..
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,297
    edited November 2017
    delete
    Maybe it can give Ryu some kind of armor property during certain moves, specifically spin kick EX. I'm tired of it getting beat by all kinds words of normals from all positions.
    edited November 2017
    It should have something like a Red Focus abilities as an armour and invinsibility... not just crumple

Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

15.) Rose with Zamasu
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

24.) Bojack

CAPCOM- New Characters

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

Necro

New Characters

1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

It should have something like a Red Focus abilities as an armour and invinsibility... not just crumple

It’ll probably not matter, if the opponents hit box hits the Parry it’ll probably crumple regardless of hits. Otherwise..... it’s just the same as his v-skill.
    Watched the stream, he can use it more than once
    Dmg seem decent too

It looks like you can use it a max of 3 times. As for damage, I measured it at 160 damage going by the picture(from AE) of Ryu punching Bison. I still think it can be decent option, but it has to be active on frame 1. You have to be able to scare people, not give them assurance that they have nothing to fear as long as they only leave a 1-2f gap open.
    This isn't exactly the thread to post this but whatever. It looks like they buffed Ryu's forward throw. During that AE stream when Ryu threw Birdie, Birdie was a lot closer to Ryu compared to how he is in S2.

AE
    DQQVTKAUEAAuMbi.jpg:large

S2
    DQbHwxVUIAAknmW.jpg:small

And for comparison sake, S2 throw in the corner
    DQbH0WMUIAAI7Qe.jpg:small

He's actually much closer to his S2 corner throw spacing than his S2 mid screen throw spacing. Basically mid screen meaty's are back for Ryu. If people have a reason to actually tech Ryu's throws than his up close game will be scarier. He definitely needs more than this. But it's a step in the right direction.
  • Rockman85Rockman85 Joined: Posts: 405
    Ryu got a new move and the donkey kick is back
    PC AE ID: opticknads
    Who know, VT2 Counter -> EX Donkey -> EX SRK sound cool =)

• makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Won't be surprised if joudan doesn't hit crouching opponents and can be crush countered on block just to please the casual ryu haters out there.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
    edited December 2017
    Here you see his New Kick :

I m sceptical until i could test it properly.

And OCF his throw is always stuck(even if it s more close than S2) while many other caracters can throw loop.

i also watched the stream wich was so bad , but i can see in it that his fire ball got a lot of recovery.
    Ex version is 2 hits , but i dont know the player is tryin St Mp Cr Mk Donkey.....it seems to not combo or mb the exe is very strict
    Ex version is 2 hits , but i dont know the player is tryin St Mp Cr Mk Donkey.....it seems to not combo or mb the exe is very strict

None of these people are Ryu players. I guess the old myth that everybody knows how to play Ryu is a lie because even a measly gold Ryu player could have given us all the answers we were looking for if he were there to test stuff out.
    edited December 2017
    Yes Rice Eater you have right...

And i would say more , we are at this point with ryu only coz the haters...very sad.

Now it begin to say that his donkey kick is a bad animation. Mb the best is to wait to see if it could help ...it s not a huge thing to modify the anim of this move.

Anyway i wait for the frame data detail. Only this could inform us of the good work done for Ryu.
    Problem is they don't care about the quality of the product
    Watch my avatar, i'm not a Ryu hater lol, and the animation IS absolute crap

It's not huge thing modify it if they care, but knowing them we risk to get that shit as we see it