Gaming Chair opinions

genigeni Joined: Posts: 341
so I know making V.S. is not a good idea so Ill form my question around what are you opinions and experiences with gaming chairs. currently I have a Computer chair that retailed for 200 and i was able to get it for $100. it does it job and it nice. but ive been hearing a lot of hype around gaming chairs and i was looking at some decent ones for roughly 100 as well. im almost considering buying it but wonder if ill notice a huge difference

Comments

• VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 551
    You're better off getting a seat cushion that will lower pressure on your tailbone/spine. I bought this one from Amazon.com and I love it. It completely takes away the pain I was starting to feel in long sitting sessions. Check it out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ8IVP4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,402
    You can go to various stores and try out their floor models.
    Read up on some reviews, do some research. Not all chairs are built the same.

I have a cheap ass, sub $100 Computer chair that been pieced together from other cheap-ass computer chairs. Works for me just fine.

po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 266
    Yeah, go try out chairs before you buy them. Your ass is different from other asses out there. It's still weird to me that gaming chairs are modeled after bucket seats...
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,186
    edited October 11
    LLeg3nd wrote: »
    It's still weird to me that gaming chairs are modeled after bucket seats...

...with huge flank and thigh bolsters. Who the hell needs that crap?! I’m stationary!

Post edited by jopamo on
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    • Long sitting sessions: Anything that would give me butt, arm and lumbar support would work for long sitting sessions.

• Short sitting sessions, adjustable stools.. Def try before you buy if you can.

• I prefer hybrid standing options myself for fight man, shooter games and work.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204