Harness Your Quan! Zeku General Discussion Thread

Comments

• SPECTERLIGHTSPECTERLIGHT METRO CITY NINJUTSU Joined: Posts: 769
    edited October 2017
    mykka wrote: »
    Dammit the 24th is taking too long to arrive
    You're telling me. Many things we need to test. I'm finding the rest of the cast boring to use since we know Zeku has copious moves.
    Going to be more lab time than a mad scientist.
    Wish we had at least the frame data to utilize while we wait.
    Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
    “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

RIN-PYOU-TOU-SHA-KAI-JIN-RETSU-ZAI-ZEN
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,751
    One of the 1st things i'm going to test are Young Zeku his anti-airs, unless i'm missing something obvious. Against crossups i suppose he can use cr.hk to slide away kind of similar to Dhalsim.
    DBFZ: A18/Trunks/Yamcha
    GGXrdR2:
     Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 1,194
    Did Maki crack Zeku from behind while he was fighting Guy? Zeku seems to have Akuma levels of skill. I know Guy is strong, Bison seemed to respect his power in the SFA series, but Zeku seems to be on another level.

In a long line of masters, there's going to be a hierchary in terms of skill. Couple that with the fact he is an aging warrior and he's easily in the league with Gouken and Gen. I still think it's far too early to make any comparison to Akuma though.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
    With all the armor moves in this iteration I hope we at least get armor on ex run. It'll be mad frustrating if not.
    Disciplines: Bushin-Ryu-Ninpo, Street Fighting, Demonology, IGA Ninjitsu, Bushido, Alchemy, English Boxing, Wing Chun, Shaolin Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Igyo Tenshin-no-Jutsu, SFCQC, Swordplay, Garou Ryū MMA, Kusanagi Ryū Kobujutsu, Yagami M.Arts, Gun Kata...
    “There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.” 武神

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,534 admin
    Moved to the shiny new Zeku forum. :tup:

i film things

• GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,406
    Hello all fello zeku players.
    USF4:Mains /Rose/Poison/Akuma/Sakura
    SFV AE:/Kolin/Falke/Akuma
    UNIST: /Enkidu/Phonon
    DBFZ: /18/Vegeta/Cell

Preppy wrote: »
    Moved to the shiny new Zeku forum. :tup:

Thank You Preppy! Much Appreciated!

• Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 458
    With all the armor moves in this iteration I hope we at least get armor on ex run. It'll be mad frustrating if not.

Already been confirmed by WSO stream no Ex armor moves for zeku.

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The King of Wakanda Joined: Posts: 10,032
    Did Maki crack Zeku from behind while he was fighting Guy? Zeku seems to have Akuma levels of skill. I know Guy is strong, Bison seemed to respect his power in the SFA series, but Zeku seems to be on another level.

In a long line of masters, there's going to be a hierchary in terms of skill. Couple that with the fact he is an aging warrior and he's easily in the league with Gouken and Gen. I still think it's far too early to make any comparison to Akuma though.

I was humorous remark based on his spider chart. He's one of only three characters in SFV with a total of 20 attribute points.
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 943
    I am still wondering on how to use his demon flip grab. Akuma at least has his palm to make people block standing
  • HeavensCloudHeavensCloud Joined: Posts: 936
    edited October 2017
    Los wrote: »
    I am still wondering on how to use his demon flip grab. Akuma at least has his palm to make people block standing

It seems to me it's like Karin's flip grab which would make it a gimmick to throw in once in awhile at best.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,269
    Karin also has an overhead though
    edited October 2017
    Los wrote: »

Exactly. I'm wondering the same thing. Hopefully we may use it on reaction.

Off to watch Ninja movies, rest and prepare the dojo for The Master...
    May the Bushin be with You...

• otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,269
    IIRC Guy's elbow didn't hit overhead either. You could use the flip grab for uncrouchable grab setups so maybe the same works in this game after a CC sweep maybe. Although with the buffer system I'm not sure how useful it would be.

A good comparison could be Cammy's hooligan, which also can't threaten a high attack. While hooligan's trajectory and speed are faster than Zeku's, sometimes you grab people as they try to antiair or stand block to reduce the frame advantage afterwards.
  • NickTwinsNickTwins Joined: Posts: 1
    Zeku is the 38 master of the Bushin Ryu martial arts and is a master of hand to hand combat. V-Reversal is a standard "strike" maneuver that helps Zeku escape pressure by hitting his opponent away.Zeku uses various punches and kicks combat.Zeku is the new and superb addition in street fighter 5.
    Notes thus far:
    (If I'm wrong about any of these please feel free to critique.)

Aged (fine wine reference. I dislike the word old, he's not a senior citizen right?)
    In aged form Bushin Flip & P is only a cross-up but it can be used for other purposes:
    Bushin Flip & P can change jump arc and may be used to bait out DPs and other moves by hitting punch near opponent. (Still testing range)

The kick extension from Bushin Flip has decent range though you will only get 1 out of the two hits if it connects. While it can be blocked or avoided crouching, it may have priority if an opponent throws out an errant poke.

Combo from LK to CA.
    The form/stance you are in when CA is activated is the form you will be in when CA ends.

You can link from st.MK to st.MP & from st.HK to st.LK(then CA).

Be careful when inputting commands for command run when you have full meter. Imprecise inputs might execute CA.

While some characters' V Skills are not very useful, Zeku's is critical to his game so you may utilize his full mix-up potential. Raw stance changes can leave you open and give your opponent time to get in range (and screw up your spacing).

Youth
    Correctly timed Hozanto can go under certain projectiles.

crHK can be used a poke (meaty?) if you time it to hit on its last active frame(s).

V-Trigger
    When connecting with VT dash cancel, you must hit the low-to-high inputs almost immediately. It seems to work like an auto combo where you hit the buttons early and it performs the moves in order of your presses. Might also be some slight hesitation between LP LK & MP MK & HP HK. Still working with timings.

Patiently awaiting his frame data at the time of this post.

• JMcQJMcQ Joined: Posts: 11
    It would be really nice if there was a way to start off young, old Zeku has decent damage but I dislike that he can't open anyone up.
    edited October 2017
    Old zeku does tons of damage. If you do forward throw you can meaty with st hp and confirm the crush counter with back mk schyte, forward hk schyte. That's 400 damage and 620 stun...

Edit, other random things:

Young
    St mp is amazing for stagger pressure. I feel you can confirm that into his target combo but it takes practice.
    Cr mp xx mp palm catches people mashing 3 frame jabs and is safe on block
    Palm in general is a good special because it moves your hurtbox backward (I think). I'm using it like laura's projectile atm
    Struggling with his anti air. Stance switch recovers pretty fast though. Maybe stance, ex dp is viable, but my reaction sucks

Old
    St mk x 2 loses to 3 frame jabs, but if you wait a split second you're going to whiff punish their attempt to press a button. Way better than Laura's in this aspect (her st mk is still retarded though)
    His scythe can negate a projectile and still hit the opponent. Very good against guile even though it's slow

His vtrigger is not as bad as I thought. You can definitely activate it twice a round and every time you hit a random poke you deal 300+ damage

• JMcQJMcQ Joined: Posts: 11
    It seems as though old Zeku would be best when dealing with grapplers and rushdown glass cannons.
    Young Zeku is just Guy with out a hurricane kick. I'm trying to find out ways to do transitions mid combo but I'm not sure if there's even a practical use for such a thing.
    About his vtrigger. I think it's better to do a combo with the activation and keep the meter for another one with the dash, instead of a big and heavily scaled combo with activation+dash
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,644
    His 50/50 corner game is quite impressive...
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
    Feels like your learning two different characters at the same time... trying to create a rhythm between the two forms is fun and challenging.

(Old Zeku) The max close 1bar CC damage I’ve gotten is 380.

• riburibu A Return to Form Joined: Posts: 2,764
    Didn't see it written here, but young Zeku has an additional 5f of recovery on his wake-up
    CFN-Unlimited_RiBu. MvCI-Hunter/Dante
    Ed_SFV Discord: https://discord.gg/w6naQPC

• Deimos002Deimos002 Metro Citizen Joined: Posts: 389
    edited October 2017
    Useless tech which might be useful later.

Young Zeku's slide has a different CC state at max range (spinning CC instead of knockdown)
    After HP Hozanto, cr.LP x st.LP for the frame kill, then slide and you'll get the spinning CC where you can combo afterwards. (3-frame reversal)

Only works on normal wakeup, but maybe there's a setup for both knockdowns somewhere.
    It'll never be safe, but maybe a good gamble when you've got V-trigger.

Edit:

Okay, you can manual time the setup pretty effectively for backrolls, might not be as bad all things considered.
    Post edited by Deimos002 on
    edited October 2017
    Old Zeku : (close to opponent)

S.HK CC > walk up cr.HP > m.teki > m.koku

Convert that into CA as well but it’s does 329 damage and 540 stun no bars.
    Post edited by Flacko_ali on
  • ManofSteelIIManofSteelII Joined: Posts: 35
    Is there a decent blockstring for Young Zeku that doesn't need a 1 hit confirm? The only thing I found was Cr.lk, Cr.lp( counter hit), Cr.Mp x run slide, but it only does 142dmg/270stun
    Like somebody said earlier on splitting up the Vtrigger usage. I think that’s a key strat here.. VTC for a reg combo and save the dash for a finisher.
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 821
    Man I suck at learning new characters. I'm having to stick with old man Zeku only for a few days.

Solid neutral, decent oki and great damage.

Does he have a decent AA that anyone has found other that DP?

AA jab has spoiled me.
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 821
    Old man stuff

Young man stuff

• NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Makoto, Capcom plz Joined: Posts: 4,042
    I'm in here,waiting for the weekend to fully labbing with Zeku. A question, when it's the best moment to switch into young Zeku? Only after V-Skill? I don't see around combos with the transformation included.
  • CadenzaOGCadenzaOG Joined: Posts: 3
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    I'm in here,waiting for the weekend to fully labbing with Zeku. A question, when it's the best moment to switch into young Zeku? Only after V-Skill? I don't see around combos with the transformation included.

It's quite fast so you can can probably get away with it in the neutral if you aren't right next to the opponent. You could do it after you've scored a knockdown with something other than V-skill. You can also transform into young zeku on block if you cancel ST.HP into transform, if you space it correctly you are + frames and can land a counter hit cr.jab.

edited October 2017
    All of his win quotes are Haikus. I've checked syllables in all. Freaking Kool.

I'm struggling with applying pressure and how to train myself on it in training room. I'm also working on landing VT in a match. How do you ALL train with applying pressure?

It's bullshit that Urien has armor on his ex dash but we don't have armor on ex run.
    Post edited by SPECTERLIGHT on

• ProtoInoProtoIno Joined: Posts: 288
    All of his win quotes are Haikus. I've checked syllables in all. Freaking Kool.

I'm struggling with applying pressure and how to train myself on it in training room. I'm also working on landing VT in a match. How do you ALL train with applying pressure?

It's bullshit that Urien has armor on his ex dash but we don't have armor on ex run.

No he doesn't??
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »

The two stances are perfectly functional by themselves so you don't need to switch back and forth like gen for example.
    Young zeku's pressure in the corner is very strong, while old zeku is better mid screen
    Any live Zeku discord??

- Young Zeku air medium punch can juggle.. good aa

Playing mostly mirrors matches last night was cool but the odd time I run into a Karin,Rashid,Ibuki,Necalli I got hard bodied.. more lab work.
    Old zeku can set up a meaty lk back scythe in the corner to cover both quick and back rise. You can crush counter 3 frame moves with cr hp after that.
    The set up works after lk (need to test other strenghts) back/forward scythe combo, sweep, and, if you are in young form, afer mp shoulder > vskill