Poll results: What should Capcom do in SFV after season 2(AE, S3 and beyond)?

YurinkaYurinka Joined: Posts: 1
A few days ago I did this poll and posted it in Neogaf, Capcom-Unity, Reddit and other places. Sadly I could login here with my old account, but at least I can post the results now. 737 people voted:
GPNkz2P.png

Comments

• CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,409
    edited October 20
    Color Edit reaching 3rd place

w6yRN.gif

On bad side, peoples voting for Rival Schools should get life removed from the body though
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    People's priorities are fucked.

Shin Gouki actually registering on this poll is just tragic.

Also premium content should not be unlockable with money, it's called PREMIUM you idiots. It has zero impact on gameplay, therefore you should pay for your vanities and compulsions.
  • Super SonicSuper Sonic Joined: Posts: 1,542
    edited October 22
    What's the first item in "What are the main issues you'd like to fix or improve?" @Yurinka ?
    Fighting with Conviction Leads to Victory!
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,230
    I miss world tour...
    Also, man, Sakura is popular for some reason.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 946
    I wonder after SFV age, how popular Karin, Mika, Alex and Urien will be.
    Bring Rose back, Capcom!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse ALL HAIL THE HOLY PHARAOH Joined: Posts: 8,145
    Good: Ingrid and Decapre polling low
    Not good: 19 characters polling above Eagle
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,264 mod
    Keep making Ibuki better and making more costumes for Ibuki.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 414
    Good: Ingrid and Decapre polling low
    Not good: 19 characters polling above Eagle

Decapre polling low is not good.
    She was a great character.
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,230
    edited October 23
    Raccon wrote: »

Urien will still be popular, he was already, Alex was popular and has been destroyed by SFV, Karin might disappear into Oblivion. Mika hopefully disappears into oblivion but she is actually very popular* among fans as far as I can tell.

*it means there's a lot of Mika related fap material
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • PampattitudePampattitude Joined: Posts: 29
    It's interesting to see that a lot of singleplayer modes are highly voted on in your survey. World Tour, Story Mode 2, beat 'em up mode are all higher than Tournament and League, even a Tutorial more fitting to newbies.

I wish Capcom had worked a bit more on both: provide adapted tournament modes for tournaments (with a specific UI and all), and a bit more randomized singleplayer content (World Tour, even without Dramatic Battles and all, just random battles with random / ramping perks for opponents). I'm pretty sure most singleplayer players would be happy with random stuff to spice things up (like the Arcade and World Tour modes).
    edited October 23

Alex will fall off a bit. So will Akuma possibly.

I think Urien, Karin, Vega, Mika, Birdie, Sim, Guile, Nash, Gief, and Bison are among the characters that will surely enjoy a healthy surge in popularity (referring here to Capcom's official character polls). Mainly because none of these characters have had excellent depictions in recent memory. I mean Bison hasn't been this badass (in all respects) since CvS2 and arguably even before that - like a whole new generation of players get to experience his awesomeness akin to what my generation experienced in SF2 and the SF2 Animated Movie back in the day.

Look at Dhalsim's portrayal, how can you not love this guy after SF5.

Capcom did right with the SF2 characters on so many levels. I am so proud them for this one thing at the very least.

Urien was one of the those very hype and desired SF3 characters who did not disappoint in their transition to 3D, and in many ways lived up to his hype. I think he will become even more popular after this cycle.
  • mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,367
    edited October 24
    I'm not sure if Karin will still be as huge as she was 4 years ago when the Capcom poll was made. Not only is she already in the game so people may not feel the need to vote for her, but a lot of people were put off by her SFV incarnation. Including myself. I mean I dont criticize her like a lot of people here do, but she was by far my favorite Alpha 3 character (and one of my favs overall) and I'm just not that into her SFV version, from her constricted moveset to her huge personality change.
    R Mika could go either way, depends if her S1 hate is still lingering.
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu
    mykka wrote: »
    I'm not sure if Karin will still be as huge as she was 4 years ago when the Capcom poll was made. Not only is she already in the game so people may not feel the need to vote for her, but a lot of people were put off by her SFV incarnation. Including myself. I mean I dont criticize her like a lot of people here do, but she was by far my favorite Alpha 3 character (and one of my favs overall) and I'm just not that into her SFV version, from her constricted moveset to her huge personality change.

The fact that some characters are in the game and some are not in the new poll will distort poll results unfortunately. People will use it as an opportunity to vote for characters they want in (e.g. Rose, Sagat, Viper, etc.) rather than vote for who they really really love the most (Bison obviously).
  • RacconRaccon Tears of joy Joined: Posts: 946
    Daemos wrote: »

The fact that some characters are in the game and some are not in the new poll will distort poll results unfortunately. People will use it as an opportunity to vote for characters they want in (e.g. Rose, Sagat, Viper, etc.) rather than vote for who they really really love the most (Bison obviously).

That's why I don't go wild for polls. Viper was relatively low in the last one; now I'm sure this bitch gonna be top 10. Other than that, some fans favorite that wasn't in SF4 are back (Urien, Mika, Alex, Karin). I'm pretty convinced that plebes are aware about it this time and will focus on whoever isn't in the roster yet.
    Bring Rose back, Capcom!
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,861

That's why I don't go wild for polls. Viper was relatively low in the last one; now I'm sure this bitch gonna be top 10. Other than that, some fans favorite that wasn't in SF4 are back (Urien, Mika, Alex, Karin). I'm pretty convinced that plebes are aware about it this time and will focus on whoever isn't in the roster yet.

And then will this repeat AGAIN with SFVI.
    I just want a second Doll god damn it, we will soon have 5 shotos, but a Doll is way to much, lets add even more shotos to keep it fair!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Tekken: When's Jun? , Asuka
    Guilty Gear: Ramlethal, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
    Daemos wrote: »

Yeah I'm guilty of this, my vote went towards Karin last time.
    Cipher wrote: »

I just want a second Doll god damn it, we will soon have 5 shotos, but a Doll is way to much, lets add even more shotos to keep it fair!

It seems that Satsuki might have a chance of eventually making it in
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,736
    Nice to see the love for world tour & storymode vol 2, more game modes, and love of Q. Sometimes there is a reason to have hope in humanity.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    edited November 6
    Cipher wrote: »

What about stop spam same shit and go for a total new design type, neither doll or shoto?

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,079
    Interesting to see Q so high in the character list. I wonder if that's from Maximilian's 3S videos? He might look interesting, but he's really not a very fun character to use in 3S. He's the character you use against someone new to the game just to make things more interesting. Hell, more people seriously play Sean on FC than Q.

If Q does make a return then he needs his self destruct super. Or even better, make it his v-trigger.
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,233
    A poll about guest characters that doesn't include SNK as an option?

I'll let it pass this time.

Was it a multiple option poll or something? The percentages don't make sense otherwise, many of the questions surpass 100 %. I suppose "I don't want guest characters" should be mutually exclusive with any other choice but the rest don't add 65 %. Other questions has this issue as well.
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,625
    A color edit option would be nice, but an option to not see those colors in online matches would be useful too

We all remember SFxT and those hideous glowing characters...
    atirador wrote: »

1- A color edit option would be nice, but an option to not see those colors in online matches would be useful too

2- We all remember SFxT and those hideous glowing characters...

1- As person that will absolutely LOVE color edit, that's given, i will pretend the option to don't see them online... it's only fair to both sides

But if i get it it will be an incredible improvement for SFV on my TV.
    So many good costumes, so many of these without ONE good option.
    The color selection is so terrible in SFV imho lol, specially outside colors #1 #2 wich usually have a bit of design behind it, then from #3 often is a lot of saturated crap with colors that feel random af.

2- You don't even need SFxTK glow options
    Peoples tastes are just that bad... as much i want to fix colors in my game, i want the option to not see (see above) peoples hyper saturated crap, try hard evil black-red scheme version of everyone, or trolling fluo pink with green hair lol

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,881
    I'm probably the minority, but really I just like the idea of guest characters because I would lose my shit if we got Akira and Batsu in the game, lol.
  • jblairjblair Joined: Posts: 1,447
    I wonder how un-fun they could make viper, I returned to this game for like 1 day to check on akuma
  • derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,816
    cody is up on the want list.

latest?cb=20140201010250
  • Midnight_IguanaMidnight_Iguana I play 3d fighters & mkxl. Joined: Posts: 147
    I think capcom can do whatever they want, I will not be putting any further $ into this.
    I think capcom can do whatever they want, I will not be putting any further $ into this.

Bye betch.