The Street Fighter V Lounge: Capcom Saved Street Fighter

Comments

• HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,691
    So what time does LCQ start tomorrow?
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 425
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    Hmmm EX Layer has my attention now :pensive:
    s4ndb29tyf201.jpg

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on in this picture. Then I noticed you could grate cheese on her back muscles.

Also DD looks so sad.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep I'm your Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb Joined: Posts: 1,621
    edited December 7
    stronzolo wrote: »
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    AceKombat wrote: »
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    Random question:

Is there another FG character with a mechanic similar to Miss Fortune's detachable head from Skullgirls?

Alisa has a detachable head, but as for the reliance of it as a separate tool for spacing/zoning, it doesn't function that way.

...at least Alisa gives head to everyone in Tekken.

The playstyle doesn't have to be a literal interpretation of using thier head. I want to say Miss Fortune is similar to a puppet character but she doesn't play like Carl or Venom.

Zappa from GGXX maybe? With Venom do you actually mean Zato/Eddie?

Yeah, I meant Zato.

Edit:

2 days left 'till mild disappointment and apathy.
    edited December 7
    s4ndb29tyf201.jpg

Oh my god, you can fold laundry on those muscles.

EDIT:

Did they buff Alex's fwd dash in AE? It looks like it recovers faster.
    Post edited by Heat_Sleep on
  • amrraedamrraed THICC- LI Joined: Posts: 4,846
    s4ndb29tyf201.jpg

Her costume is way too over designed. The shoulder and arm armor are really unnecessary. Doesn't fit a brawler character imo
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,717
    @Rice_Eater is that the only buff you noticed for ryu? i hope thats not the only thing he received cause ryu,chun,nash,alex need dictionary page worth of buffs
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • amrraedamrraed THICC- LI Joined: Posts: 4,846
    I knew someone would point out she's not naked enough.

I meant they should have used elbow and shoulder pads. I imagine her as a MMA type character.

Don't really see how the armor would compliment that style.

Also some percentage of a visual butt cheeks wouldn't hurt.
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,999 mod
    edited December 7
    "Overdesigned" characters tends to be a more common thing now among fighting games. Particularly indie developed games. Seems like a style that's adopted from western art where they like to load up the characters with shit to make them loud or stand out. Like Killer Instinct went from an old arcade game with somewhat loud designs, to just full on sci fi FPS game shit attached to all of the characters. Like Jago, even his knee pads are golden tiger mouths that open and close as he moves around. Just crazy shit like that just for the sake of standing out. Glacius used to be just Ice Spawn with stretchy arms and now he's District 9 alien with cryo exoskeleton and Halo Covenant neon design running through his body.

MKX is another game where it's obvious they took characters that have generally had pretty simple designs and then just let loose with the Murrican AAA game style heavy designs on the characters. SFV probably is the most complicated characters have looked in a SF game, but it's not quite as pronounced as those games.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,516
    edited December 7
    Nobus3r1 wrote: »
    LordWilliam1234 , am I blind or is your SFV Frame Data [2.070] (WIP) document missing Fang?

I haven't worked on frame data in a while since Capcom started updating their site with it.

Doesn't help that Frame Trapped keeps breaking with every update which prevents me from getting some of the stuff I need (active frames and invincibility).
    Makes sense. I guess I was a bit surprised that of all the characters to be missing it would be launch characters. Either way, as someone who doesn't have a smartphone your work on this is appreciated.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
    The other sites/apps tend to have misinformed data any way. Plus, nobody plays Fang

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,048
    s4ndb29tyf201.jpg

Where the shape on her booty though?
  • delete_medelete_me Joined: Posts: 351
    s4ndb29tyf201.jpg

If the front can keep up with that backside I'm all in. Figuratively.

It's also kind of baffling how a team that came out of nowhere manages to model better characters than Capcom in SFV.

edited December 7
    Helps that it's a centralized team most likely and not outsourced like V which tends to create varying qualities in characters. Like the designer for Ibuki I think only signed on to design her.

Most likely going to be a lot less clipping also. Like the clipping in Tekken 7 mostly makes sense. Like if King's cape is clipping through his tail, that makes sense because it's almost impossible to have two flowing materials like that not clip. Ken's hair clipping at the select screen is just, yeah.

• TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 10,125
    YorKeY wrote: »
    he'd try gamora, then find her technical for whatever reason, then stop playing her.

He'd play easy mode captain marvel and waifu hunter.

You assume I’m smart enough to play anyone in Marvel.

Also guys..... can we please stop the blond meme? You know this game is filled with blonds. How is that my fault :(
    SFV: KOLIN/CAMMY
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,516
    The other sites/apps tend to have misinformed data any way. Plus, nobody plays Fang
    Fang came to mind because I was watching Brian_F play a really good Fang player and I had a few questions about why certain things were working against Balrog.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
    Cap Marvel is too technical for Twinblades. Blitzblow spam only so good and requires absorber power up to make it more oppressive.

Gamora is probably the easiest female character, but she's still generally harder to use/maximzie than the unga bunga males. All of the other female characters require too much work to optimize and there's only 6 girls in Marvel any way. It's a manly man game.

Sigma/Gamora would be a good unga bunga Twinblades team if he has to use a girl. Haggar/Sigma for full unga. Sigma/Monster Hunter for unga while still having a girl in there.

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,300
    He should play MH. She's basically a divekick character
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,626
    MH is bae, everyone should be enlightened by such greatness
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,600
    edited December 7
    MKX and I2, once again, consecutively, top monthly PSN downloads

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/07/playstation-store-novembers-top-downloads-2/

capcom's gotta hold that L

amrraed wrote: »
    s4ndb29tyf201.jpg

Her costume is way too over designed. The shoulder and arm armor are really unnecessary. Doesn't fit a brawler character imo

They must be Fate/Zero fans.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    So what time does LCQ start tomorrow?

11 AM PST

• ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,384
    Ultron had the Kolin j.HK of Marvel but Capcom removed it
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
    edited December 7
    Luckily I had characters with decent AA options vs his j.HP already. Now it's gonna be easy mode.

Damn, it costs 40 fucking dollars to enter the on site registration for LCQ. These online warriors that can't beat Twinblades paying big dollars to get slaughtered. Good experience, nontheless

On site registration also puts you in a death pool where you're guaranteed to have an unfair bracket even if you would be a seeded player. Hopefully another Season 1 SCR Marn comes out of the pool and dark horses everyone.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/07/playstation-store-novembers-top-downloads-2/

Glad to see Siege so high up, even if it's on an inferior system. Although it might count free weekend downloads too.
    Can't wait to get my corrected glasses and be finally able to see enemies on screen again.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 10,125
    So who's gonna be on the EX Beta?

EX Beta SRK list:

1. Twinbraids
    edited December 7
    I'm in, whenever the beta is. I always play Capcom function games if I like them.

• AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,600

Glad to see Siege so high up, even if it's on an inferior system. Although it might count free weekend downloads too.
    Can't wait to get my corrected glasses and be finally able to see enemies on screen again.

If you can look for it in your city, I recommend infrared therapy eye treatment. I know of people, family included, whose vision has gotten better and have had to change their reading glasses recipe because they see much better now.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • QuixoticNeutralQuixoticNeutral Joined: Posts: 1,339
    How do you access the EX beta?
    I'm in, whenever the beta is. I always play Capcom function games if I like them.

LordJin

EX Beta SRK list:

1. Twinbraids
    2. DevilGen

@QuixoticNeutral The Beta is gonna be right after PSX..... which is also when the MonHun beta comes out....... and the new MVCI Versus beta Ver.2............

Oh no WHAT DO I PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 425
    edited December 7
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

LordJin

EX Beta SRK list:

1. Twinbraids
    2. DevilGen

@QuixoticNeutral The Beta is gonna be right after PSX..... which is also when the MonHun beta comes out....... and the new MVCI Versus beta Ver.2............

Oh no WHAT DO I PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To expand on that a bit, you need to have PS+ and be in one of the countries mentioned in this post:

http://shoryuken.com/2017/11/18/fighting-ex-layers-online-beta-will-be-available-to-playstation-plus-members/

Free games are an easy sell. I'll fire up the beta and give gougi a shot.
    CFN: GetTheTables

If you can look for it in your city, I recommend infrared therapy eye treatment. I know of people, family included, whose vision has gotten better and have had to change their reading glasses recipe because they see much better now.

I don't need any infrared therapy. I just need my optician to not fuck up the alignment of my lenses next time.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    I'll give Layer a try.

How does Garuda and D. Dark play?
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,834
    I wish I could give Layer a try
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,824
    When does the layer beta start? 3d or 2d gameplay?

If 2d I Just gotta find a zoning or character with strong buttons.

If 3d I'll be right at home anyway and I'll figure it out on my own.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve