The Street Fighter V Lounge: Capcom Saved Street Fighter

Comments

• GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 414
    For anyone with a gougi boner, d3v posted up move lists and gougi descriptions that ARIKA put out in the dedicated thread over yonder:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11512636/#Comment_11512636

Worth taking a look at pre-beta.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • delete_medelete_me Joined: Posts: 347
    Yeah and I wanted to reply with a Major Kusanagi gif but they're all have evil nipples in them.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,411 mod
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

Kaz is gonna drown :(

Cammy getting nerfed. :sad:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 788
    Lol I know that movie with the guy with the wonky eye.

Russ Meyer movies fucking rock!
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep I'm your Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb Joined: Posts: 1,605
    Fetish? That's a bit too strong a word.
  • NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 4,248
    One more day of work, then Capcom Cup Yay!
  • YorKeYYorKeY Apparently gameplay alone isn't enough to save a game anymore, patiently waiting for a real MvC4. Joined: Posts: 7,818
    edited December 7
    amrraed wrote: »
    YorKeY wrote: »
    he'd try gamora, then find her technical for whatever reason, then stop playing her.

He'd play easy mode captain marvel and waifu hunter.

Gamora is technical lul

eh, she ain't that hard, might be cause i'm an execution player who spends more time in training mode and trials doing combos than actually playing. Did like 90% of the KoF13 trials.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles & Yugi-Oh! Duel Links!
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,615
    edited December 7
    Aries be glad I'm not a mod, I'd be swinging the ban hammer for that one.

Saggy hammers don't ban anything though
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Capcom cheated on me Joined: Posts: 3,490
    Daemos wrote: »
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Daemos wrote: »
    Man I miss playing Bison

but only real bison, the ultra fast, amazing poking buttons bison

not sf5 version :sad:

He still has good buttons, and can traverse the stage surprisingly fast when needed. It was difficult at first to transition as the walk speed really was a put off more than I was willing to admit, but now that I'm adjusted this design suits him real well. I'd love me some more and faster teledashes though but I don't want to tempt the lynch mob.

No, being slower than a snail and with a crazy dash doesn't fit him,at all, those are Makoto traits. Because of that he's almost forced to turtle until he's in range to press his +on block buttons like a madman or use his infamous EX DR. Yeah, great design.

Makoto is not like this, she's just a B-list little girl trying to make it on her own in the patriarchy of Japan. Don't put the two in the same sentence again.

You're right, I can't put them in the same sentence, Makoto is above.

There's a little different between the movements of the two, Dicta still need charge so he can't really stay 24/7 in your face. His normals are like that just to buy time for charge, meanwhile none of 'em including his Scissors are in line with SFV Capcom goal about commitment. I prefer Bison original form, where his walkspeed was fantastic and the ability of dodging fireballs seperates kids from real men. SFV Dicta reminds me his Alpha version and I didn't main him there for similar reasons.
  • YorKeYYorKeY Apparently gameplay alone isn't enough to save a game anymore, patiently waiting for a real MvC4. Joined: Posts: 7,818
    Capcom Cup is where all the low level players gather, mean while Tekken World Cup is where all the high level players gathered.
    Dota 2 player.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,023
    edited December 7
    Good news, everyone - it seems we might start getting news about S3 balance changes as soon as tomorrow, since the AE build of the game will be available not just at PSX but at the LCQ's venue as well

@Windalfr @Phantom_Miria do you mind to report whatever new stuff you can find?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Fuck sfv

Removing throw loops off ken to cater to the bitchers and moaners who have no idea wtf they're talking about once again, i'm done

If that could make you less salty I think no one will have throw loops in S3.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,682
    Fuck sfv

Removing throw loops off ken to cater to the bitchers and moaners who have no idea wtf they're talking about once again, i'm done

Its for the best. Just keep hope that he gets buffed elsewhere or that top tier isn't so strong that you need throw loops to keep up.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,866
    edited December 7
    I wanted more throw loops. Not less lol. I never complained about them because it's such a common situation in other fighters that it's actually off-putting to me that everyone doesn't essentially have one in this game.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
    edited December 7
    Speaking of loops.

Remember when Capcom let the community " balance " USF4, so they took suggestions from us at Capcom Unity forums? lmao

I remember this one guy said:

" I think Sakura's LK tatsu loops should be -1 or maybe even minus -2 on block because she can basically do long Marvel combos in Street Fighter 4, something other characters can't do. It's unfair and the combos being one frame isn't enough justification as to why they are they way they are. People like Chris G can do these combos with ease proving that they don't take much effort to do once you learn them. My idea is balanced because if she doesn't mess up her combo she's rewarded with a full marvel combo, if she does mess up she can be punished for her mistakes. Thanks for reading combofiend. "

The douche had a Ryu avatar of course.
    Dota 2 player.

Fuck sfv

awesome

please suffer more ken players

SUFFER

I think he's going to be buffed to compensate the loop lost.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,682
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Fuck sfv

awesome

please suffer more ken players

SUFFER

I think he's going to be buffed to compensate the loop lost.

Thats how im looking at it. Ken was mid tier so either he got some amazing buffs to where he would be too strong with a throw loop also or they just took them out for everyone
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,833
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    @Rice_Eater is that the only buff you noticed for ryu? i hope thats not the only thing he received cause ryu,chun,nash,alex need dictionary page worth of buffs

I mean look at the two guys Capcom trotted out to show off Arcade mode? There really wasn't much to find. Hopefully the people trying to find stuff this weekend will be quick to to let the rest of us know on Twitter or whatever platform they use.
  • Killer_JigglypuffKiller_Jigglypuff Trying really hard Joined: Posts: 7,883
    YorKeY wrote: »
    Speaking of loops.

Remember when Capcom let the community " balance " USF4, so they took suggestions from us at Capcom Unity forums? lmao

I remember this one guy said:

" I think Sakura's LK tatsu loops should be -1 or maybe even minus -2 on block because she can basically do long Marvel combos in Street Fighter 4, something other characters can't do. It's unfair and the combos being one frame isn't enough justification as to why they are they way they are. People like Chris G can do these combos with ease proving that they don't take much effort to do once you learn them. My idea is balanced because if she doesn't mess up her combo she's rewarded with a full marvel combo, if she does mess up she can be punished for her mistakes. Thanks for reading combofiend. "

The douche had a Ryu avatar of course.

I'm reminded of this every time I see all of the anti fireball horseshit in this game. I spent days arguing against Honda getting fireball invuln on EX headbutt. I won the battle but lost the war.
    CFN: SpitefulBanette
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,962 mod
    Fuck sfv

I thought a cleaner, more honest SF without overpowered things would excite you

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 414
    TWINBLADES wrote: »

Saw that pic earlier today in the discord. Awesome art.

C'mon Season 3 Mika buffs!
    CFN: GetTheTables