The Street Fighter V General: Crouching Geezer, Hidden Husbando

Comments

• YorKeYYorKeY Suffer like G did... Joined: Posts: 7,439
    In my house hold you still get tons of gifts for Xmas, even if were adults now (besides one of my sisters, she's 17 still) got asked what I wanted, there's nothing in this world I want, no good games either, dragon ball z fighters comes out next year. -.-
    Dota 2 player.
    SFV: Karin/Kolin (Yun in the future)
    MvC Infinite: Captain MarvelxGamora/Captain AmericaxMegaman
    Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles and MvCi
    " Shill of Shills. " - DevilJin
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 8,919
    Ed Boon only promises death to his enemies.

Please everyone knows if you shave Boon's eyebrows he loses all of his power. He's no match for Dollar Save Club tech.
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep R.I.P. Prince Joined: Posts: 1,324
    edited November 11
    He's better now than he was in 3S. Oro and Makato could fit SFV if done correctly (I played those two the most so maybe I'm a bit biased) because both havr something that would shake up the SFV formula. Oro has a double jump he can control as well as juggles and his supers had an emphasis on setups rather than an auxiliary combo extender or damage boost. Makoto would probably be very powerful with her toolset.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,785
    Ed Boon only promises death to his enemies.

Please everyone knows if you shave Boon's eyebrows he loses all of his power. He's no match for Dollar Save Club tech.

So you are saying Lord Boon is no less than a modern day Samson. This is agreeable.
  • mowrmowr VROOM VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,745
    Next announcement likely to be when?
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=RQ68z3v1Ls0

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,697
    edited November 11
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    He's better now than he was in 3S. Oro and Makato could fit SFV if done correctly (I played those two the most so maybe I'm a bit biased) because both havr something that would shake up the SFV formula. Oro has a double jump he can control as well as juggles and his supers had an emphasis on setups rather than an auxiliary combo extender or damage boost. Makoto would probably be very powerful with her toolset.

Why wouldn't Necro fit in 5, I think he'd be pretty cool in it.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce In Makoto I Trust Joined: Posts: 3,250
    You wrote: »
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Honest question: Do people actually want Necro in SFV? He wasn't good in 3rd Strike and unless Capcom gives Necro a complete overhaul, I think he'll suffer the same fate that's happening to Alex.

Same for Q. People who wants him, Necro and Oro gonna be the biggest group of complainers known in the SF history. Some characters are strong by design (Akuma? Yun?), others aren't and Capcom doesn't seems to be interested in make the latter top 5 or such. I recall just Kuroda being a beast with Q, then PinoAB7 and Sugiyama with Necro,but Kuroda was in a league on his own. We all know how it's gonna end, characters like Q and Necro are dead from start.

The flaw in your argument is that you're assuming "because this character sucked in the previous game, he'll be weak here, too, and nobody will play him."

Bull
    fucking
    shit

Mika was terrible in Alpha 3 and won Capcom Cup in SFV.

It can work backwards, too, as I'm sure Makoto mains realized when she was ported into SSF4.

You still didn't realized how Capcom works? Really? You answered yourself, the Mika overkill just bring her back to the mediocrity. You know why Makoto was almost trash in Super 4? Because Capcom was scared about making her too close to her original form, she was fixed because they tamed the character too much. Alex was the SF3 posterboy and he was trash in all SF3 iterations, same Necro and Oro. Kuroda was the only one able to make Q respectable. Capcom could revert that? Sure, they could make even FANG broken if they want, but that never going to happen. After 27 years of SF I've learned the lesson.

Oro could work if they make his Tengu Stone fundamental like Aegis works for Urien. With that then we don't have to complain with the effectiveness of the latter. Necro could be good, would be interesting in the SFV engine.
    Makoto, Oro, and Poison. Gimme those three in SFV and I will legit be happy. The characters I main now just do not cut it for me.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,335
    Yeah, I would love to see Poison return. Playing her in SF4 was so fun.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Poison was best as a spacing/footsies char

so I don't know what home sf5 has for her :sad:
    Would be a bit strange seeing Poison without Hugo around..but we saw Roxy in Abi story..
    Roxy >Poison
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 1,934
    YorKeY wrote: »
    In my house hold you still get tons of gifts for Xmas, even if were adults now (besides one of my sisters, she's 17 still) got asked what I wanted, there's nothing in this world I want, no good games either, dragon ball z fighters comes out next year. -.-

Ask for the DBFZ pre-order.

And I'm really disappointed at myself right now. I missed the first page. I'll never get the OG Stars under my title. I feel like I dropped a CA combo and got killed by a jab.
    Shit.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    A10metal wrote: »
    Roxy >Poison

roxy is a girl though girls are gross

poison just one of the guys you know you can pal around
  • NupoChromineNupoChromine Art By: Matthew Griffin Joined: Posts: 4,847
    Hugo(Nobody is above him)>>>>>>>>>>>>>Poison>Roxy
    What is like $2500 a month?
    Makoto would be a menace in the SFV engine.

... I want her.
    If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
    edited November 11
    I can envision Poison having a lot of command normals involving her whip. It'd be easier for Capcom to take her whip normals in USFIV, tweak them and give them better properties, and turning those into useful and situational command normals e.g. Her far st. MP:
    B3mRjCT.jpg

This can easily be an anti-air button (B+MP or whatever). Poison fills that void of strong zoning character with good footsies while also having solid rushdown and tricky movement.
    Hugo had his time to shine but Lord Abigail has out huge'd him and taken away from Hugo the only thing he ever had.

Now Hugo cries eating potatoes in the dark, while Abigail is the source of all of poisons and roxy's affections.
    Roxy beating the shit out of people with a bat would be neat.

"Devour-our-"*CRACK*
    Volt wrote: »

... I want her.

Honestly I don't think she will be in S3,sadly. Considering Sakura locked in the staff girl coming from Ed team could be a strong option if Capcom want to stay with the 4 guys+ 2 girls format per season. Makoto, Rose and Viper, who of those can't make at least for Season 4?

Damn Capcom.
  • MarLonLonMilkMarLonLonMilk Kid Canada. Joined: Posts: 2,604
    The title may have changed but don't forget that Menat is the best thing about SFV S2. Zeku ain't shit!
    PSN & CFN: marlonlonmilk_
    NNID: MarLonLonMilk

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaKeJSqQXVDwZCmU7av5CA
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 839
    Roxy >Poison

Doubt that's the case. As much material suggests otherwise though others suggest the opposite and i find it interesting they cast an actual transgender actress to do her part in SFV,
    edited November 11
    @A10metal

I'm not saying Necro wouldn't fit, I'm saying he'd need to be reworked. To be honest, I think it would be cool to have him in SFV but I'd want to have him come in at later date so more character styles get introduced.

For the rework explanation, rather than do slight frame data and hit/hurtbox changes to fit Necro in, he'd have to have some sort of makeover so the tools and abilities he has can fit in the SFV engine. Look at how out of place T. Hawk was in SFIV when playing against someone like Ibuki or Dudley. Hawk was obviously better in SFII but instead of trying to mix the formula up, Capcom sort of crtl+v'd him into SFIV. Alex is in the same predicament where he just falls apart when playing against the high tiers.
  • iAntiqueiAntique Joined: Posts: 222
    Roxy >Poison

So if you find Poison attractive. Does that make one 10% homosexual and 90% straight? :i_dunno:
    RAW_Guts wrote: »
    Roxy >Poison

Doubt that's the case. As much material suggests otherwise though others suggest the opposite and i find it interesting they cast an actual transgender actress to do her part in SFV,

That swimsuit special from the other year is capcom official licensed and poison rockin the bulge so I say its no longer up for debate.
    iAntique wrote: »
    Roxy >Poison

So if you find Poison attractive. Does that make one 10% homosexual and 90% straight? :i_dunno:

it means you have achieved the next level, like super saiyan to ascended saiyan.
    C'mon, guys. It's 2017, it's okay to be gay.

... I want her.

Honestly I don't think she will be in S3,sadly. Considering Sakura locked in the staff girl coming from Ed team could be a strong option if Capcom want to stay with the 4 guys+ 2 girls format per season. Makoto, Rose and Viper, who of those can't make at least for Season 4?

Damn Capcom.

Females make them more money in the long run. I might be too hopeful though, considering that's almost a lock that 2 OG SF characters are joining (SF Arcade has 4 fights, and we know Arcade Mode avoids Mirror Matches like the plague.)

I'm guessing that after the glorious return of the king, we're getting Eagle or Gen (Just to see him die for good, perhaps.)

As interesting as Staff Girl would be, especially in a game that doesn't really has a lot of footsie characters, I'm not sure if she'll get in this Season.

Sakura is all but confirmed too.

So basically, we're looking at: Sagat, Sakura, Eagle/Gen, +3 Characters. I don't see why Makoto can't be one of those.
    Roxy >Poison

• LosLos Joined: Posts: 818
    C'mon, guys. It's 2017, it's okay to be gay.

Being gay is gay though
    Its ok to be gay for hot chicks though so it all works out
  • iAntiqueiAntique Joined: Posts: 222
    Roxy >Poison

He seems like a well adjusted human being.

... I want her.

Damn Capcom.

Females make them more money in the long run. I might be too hopeful though, considering that's almost a lock that 2 OG SF characters are joining (SF Arcade has 4 fights, and we know Arcade Mode avoids Mirror Matches like the plague.)

I'm guessing that after the glorious return of the king, we're getting Eagle or Gen (Just to see him die for good, perhaps.)

As interesting as Staff Girl would be, especially in a game that doesn't really has a lot of footsie characters, I'm not sure if she'll get in this Season.

Sakura is all but confirmed too.

So basically, we're looking at: Sagat, Sakura, Eagle/Gen, +3 Characters. I don't see why Makoto can't be one of those.

Because I don't want to be disappointed again. It's Capcom we're talking about.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,579
    "Come be a part of TEKKEN history this weekend as 16 players compete to be crowned
    "Best of the Best" and walk away with $50,000 dollars.

Join us LIVE on Twitch this Sunday at 12:30pm PST and prepare to witness an epic showdown.

:coffee: