The Street Fighter V General: Crouching Geezer, Hidden Husbando

Comments

• Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep I'm your Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb Joined: Posts: 1,410
    I appreciate @bigtochiro's dedication for the three years they've been here. Keep lurking you magnificent bastard.

@A10metal much better. She looks really good actually. It must take a lot of work to get a body like that.

Not someone I would date but I wouldn't mind drinking some beers with her.
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 2,718
    edited November 15
    Y'all should watch the pro bodybuilding competition

• FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,173
    edited November 15
    I never understood bodybuilding. Why does one bodybuild in the first place (other then to be healthy obviously)?
    edited November 15
    Because bodybuilding feels great. Why would you keep drawing over and over or put work towards any goal in the first place?
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,169 mod
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    I actually like SFV. The game is going through it's preliminary stages of "shit at first but good later on". SFIV was no different when it was released.

Eh...SSF4 was a better game than S2 SF5.

Vanilla SF4 vs Season 1 SF5 is a toss up though.

Vanilla SF4 did give us Iron Fist.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited November 15
    I never understood bodybuilding. Why does one bodybuild in the first place (other then to be healthy obviously)?

Too look good, why wouldn't you want to officially be the best looking guy in the world?

Lifting is so much fun. Working out is hella fun actually. If you enjoy working out then adjusting your routine for aesthetics isn't too hard; similarly you can adjust to build up functional strenght. you won't look like Zyzz but you'll be able to flip your opponents after you lose a match.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

• FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,173
    edited November 15
    A10metal wrote: »

Too look good, why wouldn't you want to officially be the best looking guy in the world?

I wouldn't want to be that jacked. Not very practical either. Athletic tone is more my style.
  • VhoziteVhozite Free Meek Mill Joined: Posts: 3,548
    You guys enjoy working out? Don't get me wrong the results are great but to me lifting is the most boring thing on earth.
  • JeromJerom Joined: Posts: 1,148
    @TWINBLADES ah shirt thats not who i wanted to pick
    CFN: Jeromy
    gief abby
    Vhozite wrote: »
    You guys enjoy working out? Don't get me wrong the results are great but to me lifting is the most boring thing on earth.

What I enjoyed the most was the focus on the motion. Its about doing things the right way as well as you can. There's an interest meditative quality to emptying your mind and just thinking about your body's movement.

Not for everybody, but it's definitely something I get out of it that isn't present in anything else I do.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

@TWINBLADES I thought you were taking a break from SFV, you chode.
  • AlkipotAlkipot Speeches are for campaigning... now is the time for action! Joined: Posts: 1,965
    Working out is great, actually. Boosts your confidence, strength as well as making you look good to whatever gender you're into.

I'm tall as fuck already so getting cut, especially in summer when you can wear more form-fitting shirts can catch many an eye ;)
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
    I just wanna get as wide as a barnyard door
    Alkipot wrote: »
    Working out is great, actually. Boosts your confidence, strength as well as making you look good to whatever gender you're into.

I'm tall as fuck already so getting cut, especially in summer when you can wear more form-fitting shirts can catch many an eye ;)

Strength is nice. But I'd rather be agile and quick. Light on the feet. But still hit hard enough to cause dents. Of course....rather just be a machine and be done with it. :)
    I want CT Fletcher to be in SFV.
  • MarLonLonMilkMarLonLonMilk Kid Canada. Joined: Posts: 2,639
    Working out is great because there's days where you really feel this:
    Pertho wrote: »
    Vhozite wrote: »

What I enjoyed the most was the focus on the motion. Its about doing things the right way as well as you can. There's an interest meditative quality to emptying your mind and just thinking about your body's movement.

Not for everybody, but it's definitely something I get out of it that isn't present in anything else I do.

And then there's just those days where you're just in love with whatever workout you're doing combined with whatever song is giving you energy.

Above all else, nothing beats finally seeing results.
    PSN & CFN: marlonlonmilk_
    NNID: MarLonLonMilk

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaKeJSqQXVDwZCmU7av5CA
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,253
    edited November 15
    Three times out of the week, before taking a shower/bath after work I will do 60 push ups and 100 crunches. I would go to the gym but I get off work too late in the day for that to be considered an option. The idea of getting out of shape frightens me... and I am not getting any younger either.

... I may need to stop drinking so much damn coffee in the day as well.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Benimaru, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Xiaoyu, Geese, Jin, Lars, Lee, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV ???
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• JeromJerom Joined: Posts: 1,148
    edited November 15
    @Beekmeer I think my stick might finally be reaching its end. Those neutral jumps I kept doing were me trying to jump forward. Anyways im done for now so GGs to you and @TWINBLADES :smiley:
    CFN: Jeromy
    gief abby
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Yup. Holiday functions got fucked too Joined: Posts: 3,253
    Taking very hot showers/baths may actually help after workouts as well.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

Why is PUBG getting nominated for GOTY awards, it's not even done.
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,281
    A10metal wrote: »
    The lighting doesn't do any justice to that picture. Her face and body look gaunt.

Better?
    Heidi-Vuorela-911.jpg

Worst, I thought her ass would look better, I am now disappointed.
    On the bodybuilding part, I really don't like Bodybuilder bodies most of the time, and I can't do workouts. When I was young I used to do weights once a week for a couple hours (it was part of the training in my Volleyball team) and I kind of enjoyed it because it felt like resting as opposed to the other 4 days of training, but I'd find it awfully boring as a solo thing.
    I need team sports to exercise, I hate doing anything that is solo. I still play basketball 3 hours twice a week so I don't become and unlookable swine (and I'd probably play more if I didn't have adult responsibilities) but that's it.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • BeekmeerBeekmeer Joined: Posts: 446
    Jerom wrote: »
    Beekmeer I think my stick might finally be reaching its end. Those neutral jumps I kept doing were me trying to jump forward. Anyways im done for now so GGs to you and TWINBLADES :smiley:

I had the same thing happen to my old stick last year. It was a pretty cheap stick anyway, so I didn't mind having an excuse to pick up a new one.

GGs @Jerom and @TWINBLADES, though sometimes it still feels like the only way I win a match is by thinking of the stupidest thing I can possibly do, then immediately doing that thing.
    CFN: Beekmeer
    @Highlandfireball Suplexes one of Bison's satellite's into the volcano as Heihachi used to kill Kazuya with in Tekken (and the other way around on Tekken 7) and stomps his into EVO2018 like a boss.
    KOFXIV

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7

BBCF

SFV ???

• TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,802
    The Williams one got me dead as fuck
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,917

and even if it was

its nowhere near game of the year

edited November 15

These awards are biased as fuck, "Best ongoing game". PUBG is in early access and they added a couple of guns and loot boxes, fuck that. Destiny 2 just came out and has done nothing. Overwatch and Gta online get a massive Lol. The only games that I think deserve to be there are Warframe and Rb6, Siege is constantly doing balance and adding more maps and operators, Warframe just had one of their biggest updates and is adding content constantly.
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    If SRK forum was the gym

Twinblades - has potential, but spends all his time doing bicep curls when he should be doing deadlifts. Reminds us of gains that don't matter constantly, like how much ass fat he's lost.

Yorkey - Hangs about the front desk, nobody's actually seen him in the gym but keeps telling us other gyms are better

King crimson - been smashing the gym all year but the poor bastard still has legs like KFC wicked wings. Will get there.

Daemos - Only hangs about the bent over hamstring strengthener giving out tips to blokes.

Froztey - Smashed the gyms personal best on the bench press on a bank holiday Monday when nobody else was in the gym but says it was legit. Also keeps changing work out plans and is now on Yoga.

Dime - Comes to the gym, spends 35 minutes talking about the science behind ab crunches, does 5 minutes on the runner then leaves.

Lordwilliam- Has one arm like Hulk Hogan and one arm like Miley Cyrus.

Deviljin - Been there that long nobody knows if he owns the gym or just doesn't have a house

Windalfr - Trains only with Ves on really obscure equipment that nodody is sure really works. Like the butt blaster. Seems to make gains though.

Mocha latte - comes in , smashes 150 on the bench press, calls everyone a cunt then leaves.

I was decent when I was mid teens. Could bench 90 when I was 15, I was pretty happy with that.

I'd probably die on 60 now though, I miss having strength. Need more cardio though cause I'm tubby now.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,281
    The amount of fame PUBG gets is fucking retarded.
    Props to them for finding a genre that was unexplored but the game is literally made with assets from the engine store. Is the closest thing to an asset flip I've ever seen not being considered one.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • MarLonLonMilkMarLonLonMilk Kid Canada. Joined: Posts: 2,639
    Not quite the same, but I can relate with benching less. I used to do 5 reps of 225, 3 sets, no spot. Between work and bouncing between my place and my girlfriend's place in the past year and a half, I can barely do 185 WITH a spot.
    PSN & CFN: marlonlonmilk_
    NNID: MarLonLonMilk

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaKeJSqQXVDwZCmU7av5CA
  • TWINBLADESTWINBLADES OFFICIALLY THE WORST PLAYER ON SRK LEAGUE: BRONZE LP: 200 Joined: Posts: 9,802
    All that cuck pay to win free to play googoogaga like PUBG is for weak men.

I’m @Jerom cuz I know he play dat shit.
    SFV: Cammy/Kolin (3 NEW OUTFITS THANK YOU ONO!!! SUCK IT A10METAL)/Karin
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,734 mod
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    All that cuck pay to win free to play googoogaga like PUBG is for weak men.

I’m @Jerom cuz I know he play dat shit.

It's neither of those things
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri, Menat
    YouTube
    Twitch