The Street Fighter V Lounge: Lounge Discord Link! https://discord.gg/nBE28KE

1494495496497498500»

Comments

• amrraedamrraed THICC- LI Joined: Posts: 4,959
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    They need to put some damn whiff recovery on ibuki stand roundhouse.

If she just whiffs it point blank its pretty much a frame trap

Is 16 frames of recovery too fast for a heavy normal?

Actually, yes. When we are talking about 6+ frames of input lag, yes.
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,861
    There's a ton of crouching buttons that beat s.HK because the hit box is only up high. You can just duck under it any way. It's only really good to beat things you know are coming like a fireball done too close or the opponent abusing a poke at the same range regularly. On wake up it's good to catch backdashes, but if they sit and press a crouching button it's probably your ass. Any character with a good c.MK to damage/knockdown confirm doesn't really give a shit about it.

It's situationally good and like Solar Plexus has big reward on a CC (or regular hit for solar), but yeah you're not winning matches heavily relying on that move.

It's mainly just her go damage/far jump anti air due to CC property. The other stuff it can be used for on the ground is not something you're going to be winning lots of matches on.

Of course stuff beats it. Still recovers too fast.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,823 mod
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    As far as archetypes go, I've always felt more fighters should have storage characters, i.e Juri, Jam, and Menat could be included too I suppose. They make for some interesting gameplay designs that would be broken if they didn't have store mechanics, which allows them to have more unique traits/properties to their moves overall.

Yeah they're fun. Just difficult to optimize so they tend to rule certain players out from using them. Like James Chen doesn't actually do much with Menat other than throw s.MP. Just some people don't like that stuff.

Xrd Jam is similar to V Juri in that although she's probably better in that game than Juri is in this game, there's similar complaints about how she has to gain stuff to get started when other characters don't. It's a mechanic that when done well makes the character diverse, but when not done so well gets the majority of the player base complaining about them and locks out certain players from using them.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,380
    See y'all next thread.
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Makoto, Capcom plz Joined: Posts: 3,828
    Ryu being used by Tokido and Daigo didn't stop Capcom from making him the SFV Dan. Agreed they don't gonna do the same mistake again, but I don't see Ibuki,Rashid and Akuma sailing almost untouched into S3.
    Well I don't think @Froztey is here and we do need to close up the thread.

What's good name for new thread?
    Froztey can change if he doesn't approve, but might as well get is started. Maybe the patch notes will actually unlock with the new thread.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,878
    amrraed wrote: »
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    They need to put some damn whiff recovery on ibuki stand roundhouse.

If she just whiffs it point blank its pretty much a frame trap

Is 16 frames of recovery too fast for a heavy normal?

Actually, yes. When we are talking about 6+ frames of input lag, yes.

Even without it's still fast.
    There's a ton of crouching buttons that beat s.HK because the hit box is only up high. You can just duck under it any way. It's only really good to beat things you know are coming like a fireball done too close or the opponent abusing a poke at the same range regularly. On wake up it's good to catch backdashes, but if they sit and press a crouching button it's probably your ass. Any character with a good c.MK to damage/knockdown confirm doesn't really give a shit about it.

It's situationally good and like Solar Plexus has big reward on a CC (or regular hit for solar), but yeah you're not winning matches heavily relying on that move.

It's mainly just her go damage/far jump anti air due to CC property. The other stuff it can be used for on the ground is not something you're going to be winning lots of matches on.

Of course stuff beats it. Still recovers too fast.

I mean at best fixing it would just nerf something that not many people actually have a problem with at least in tournament. If you play neutral well she can't use it that well in neutral. Just not something you wanna play around with in neutral with all day when it only hits high hurt box attacks. It's mainly just for AA with very situational ground/wake up use.

• NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Makoto, Capcom plz Joined: Posts: 3,828
    I'm more annoyed by her f+hk tbh.
  • A10metalA10metal Joined: Posts: 3,039
    Well I don't think @Froztey is here and we do need to close up the thread.

What's good name for new thread?
    Froztey can change if he doesn't approve, but might as well get is started. Maybe the patch notes will actually unlock with the new thread.

Thread title:
    Twin Blades Shitty Wifi / Ethernet Cabel A Dream / Plz Buy One Twin Blades
  • CipherCipher Catchphraser Joined: Posts: 1,951
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    As far as archetypes go, I've always felt more fighters should have storage characters, i.e Juri, Jam, and Menat could be included too I suppose. They make for some interesting gameplay designs that would be broken if they didn't have store mechanics, which allows them to have more unique traits/properties to their moves overall.

Jam is less of storage than actual buffing.

Juri needs to store to get acces to the move.
    Jam has the moves even without store, the store just buffs it up, to allow her to delete your lifebar in one sequence.

Also, if we need anything from GG in SF, then Jack-O.
    There can never be enough Waifus and I can never have enough of them!!!
    SteamId, leave a comment before adding!
    Street Fighter: Cammy, Rose
    Guilty Gear: Elphe, Jack-O

My SFV Cammyguide!
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc Joined: Posts: 2,043
    willseless wrote: »
    Fuck S1 Ryu though. Good riddance. Buff his fireballs and range all you want, but don't bring back S1 Ryu.

just keep that fucking jumping lk the fuck outta here.
    that shit was dumb as hell
    Welcome back King of Muay Thai.
    Hurry up and release the DMCV trailer capcom/sony.
    edited January 3
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    I'm more annoyed by her f+hk tbh.

Yeah her f+HK is completely better than her s.HK and that's actually getting nerfed. Which is sensible. It was one of the only safe on block at near all ranges CC that hit crouchers. Just wasn't going to last. It already took a recovery nerf in Season 2 so it's easier to whiff punish and not something you wanna throw all day any way.

• GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,393
    The new thread should be AE thot destroyers
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma/Sakura
    Street fighter V Sakura/Kolin/Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ 16/17/Hit

• VoltaVolta Joined: Posts: 351

Ah I see. Well guess c.LP will still be alright then. Plus still links into c.LK any way.

Nice thing about Gief is even if he becomes top 5, he will still have bad counter matchups pretty free. All that would happen is everyone would pick up pocket Guiles, Birdies, Nashes and Chuns or whatever else to counter. Punk was already preparing both Nash and Chun to counter Itabashi and he cleaned up Itabashi real easy at Evo (IIRC) with Nash.

Gief even when he's top tier still has to struggle. That's mostly why Gief players argue he'll never be top tier since he won't ever win enough matchups to be top tier.

Stupendous did cr. short into cr. jab. Cr. jab no longer chains. It's a huge loss for him in neutral, and one of his better oki options, cr. jab, headbutt now has an even bigger gap. Combined with the command grab nerf, things are looking pretty gloomy for Gief. I have no idea what warranted his nerfs either. If he were even high mid-tier as so many people seem to believe, someone like Itazan would string together tournament win after tournament win. Never mind his horrendous matchups in Guile, Abigail, Dhalsim, Nash, Birdie and Menat.

Before the SRK Super Gold Club starts frothing at the mouth and accuses me of downplaying, understand that I no longer have a dog in this race. Once Blanka is released I'm doing a Frotzy and I will drop Gief like a hot rock, so I couldn't care less if they nerf him to Z-tier.

• YorKeYYorKeY I talk about fighting games 10x more than I play them. Joined: Posts: 8,120
    edited January 3
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    Even though i liked elena but lets stop kidding ourselves She does not have a huge fan base stop lying yorkey and shes also one of the reasons why USF4 died so fast. SFV needs more character archetypes we're really lacking on rekka characters or even charge characters

Okay, no one's saying she has a Chun Li or Cammy level fan base.

I'm saying she has a fanbase among Street Fighter fans and the FGC.

Technically yes, that can be said about EVERY character, but at the same time it can't be said. If someone told us that El Fuerte would never be in a SF game ever again, most people wouldn't give a shit, but if they were told Elena would never be in another SF game again, there would be big discussions about it once they got past all the healing jokes.

I remember someone telling me that R. Mika has no fan base, and that she shouldn't return in SF4, they argued she was just niche character from the old alpha games that was forgettable when I argued why she should be in SF4. Now everyone get enough of her on R/Kappa and that ass. Elena would be the exact same in Unreal Engine 4 and would be 100% welcomed and have a sizable playerbase. People CARE about Elena.

YorKeY wrote: »
    Juri is gonna be sick this time around, definitely a character you should practice before AE.

I'm bummed about that rumored Akuma nerf, you get one less V-Trigger move within the duration, meaning 4 air fire balls max instead of 5.

WHAT?

the first fucking thing i read on this fucking page and im triggered

That's what I heard, no troll for once.
    Dota 2 player.
    SFVAE: No one and everyone (Yun in the future)
    Currently playing: Tekken 7 & Rise of the Tomb Raider
    If you play MvC click this link for kreygasm
    I do art things with my hands, music things too.

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Joined: Posts: 22,992
    Nerfing Gief's cr.lp like that is dumb

Hopefully it doesn't stay in the final build

I'm not expecting much from Capcom at this point though

This discussion has been closed.