Made it Gold last night

mykhulbeemykhulbee Joined: Posts: 15
Just like the title says.
Almost 2 years since the game came out and after 1 year of plateauing in super silver i finally got gold last night. I'm new to this forum so i don't know if it is an appropriate thread subject , but i felt the urge to share this.

Comments

• appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,107
    you played the game constantly and got gold now?
    how much hours ingame?

• mykhulbeemykhulbee Joined: Posts: 15
    I can't tell how many hours exactly 'cause im playing on ps4. But, let's say that since the game was first launched i played roughly 3-4 times a week 2-3 hours each.
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 923
    Good stuff. Keep it going
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 334
    Now try getting and staying there with Ryu.
  • Totengott666Totengott666 sweep the leg Joined: Posts: 24
    Damn son
  • VhoziteVhozite Bounce... Joined: Posts: 4,068
    Good shit. But aim higher!
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,332
    Good on you friend!
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Good shit. But aim higher!

Speaking about aiming higher, I reached super gold earlier this week and i'm on my way to U. gold !
    I'm surprised that I was able to reach S. gold that fast considering I've been stuck on s. silver for about a year and a half.
  • BlocksWithFaceBlocksWithFace Joined: Posts: 15
    Congrats! Enjoy the feeling.

One day, maybe I'll join y'all in the gold.

Having not played any fighting games in 10+ years and only gotten SFV back in July, might take me a couple of years though.
    Congrats! Enjoy the feeling.

One day, maybe I'll join y'all in the gold.

Having not played any fighting games in 10+ years and only gotten SFV back in July, might take me a couple of years though.

You just gotta be constant about it, and also be willing to learn something new every once in a while. For me , what really helped to get from silver to gold was to try to learn how all the other characters worked. Just spending 30 minutes with a different character and checking it's frame data gave me great insight on the matchup.

• ProjectjusticeProjectjustice young old guy Joined: Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gratz kid!
    Fightcade, Steam and XBL tag: Projectjustice
    PSN: Projectjustice77
  • EuthanasiaEuthanasia Joined: Posts: 8
    This vid makes me happy. Congrats.
    I'm starting season 3 strong so far, reached Ultra Gold last night. I thought it was worth mentioning since it's arcade edition launched recently. I even finished the evening with over 7000 lp, so, not much until i get platinum i guess. I'm sincerely surprised how much I grew in such a short time considering I've been stuck in silver not so long ago.