Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Rainbow Six Siege - the 900(ms) IQ shooter

2»

Comments

• itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 5,070
    edited December 2017
    What attachments do you use on the new operators' guns? People said Dok/Vigil's shotgun is OP but I find the SMG more effective and easier to use in most cases.
    Also I got the Buck keychain. Man the Canadian weapons suck ass

Vigils smg is really really good
    Almost no recoil or spread
    Shotgun you'll be shit out of luck if they're close and you miss once
    Shotgun can be fun
    His gadget is cool but there are better operatives gadget wise
    He's best used for his guns

I run his smg with reflex but I think it would be good with holo

Dokk I run the mk14 with acog of course
    She's alright to me
    The phone thing is pretty good and it's funny when they shoot out their own cams
    I think there are better and more useful ops though

Zofia I run the rifle which is easily one of the best guns in the game
    That shit has like no fucking spread
    Her gadget is overly strong
    2 long range breaches and 4 concussion rounds that tell you if anyone is in the room or not while disorienting them at the same time
    She is extremely useful and works well on every map

I noticed they indirectly buffed shields
    Pistols are buffed
    C4 throw range is greatly reduced
    It's like you're throwing bowling balls
    They said they buffed Mira and jackals 2ndary shotgun in damage but I didn't notice a difference

New map feels like a cod map

My new ops tier list

1. Zofia
    2. Dokk
    3. Vigil
    edited December 2017
    Zofia I think is op

Bucks c8 is really good
    Just not easy to control but not hard either
    The spread is just straight vertical up instead of diagonal
    Buck is played a lot in pro league and he is a really useful op so it's a good idea to learn how to control his c8
    His semi rifle isn't bad either if you can't control the c8

Frost gun isn't bad but it isn't up there either but there are a lot of places on the map where the traps are really effective
    Post edited by itzpookiie on
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,741
    Idk, Frost's gun has so much vertical kick it feels like I have to aim at the nuts to shoot them in the head. Her gadget is pretty fun though. Maybe I don't feel comfortable because I'm using on her an optics (red dot) that I don't use on any other gun.
    I'm gonna try the Mk14 on Dokk.
    Which attachments did you put on Vigil's main weapon?
    [SFV] Laura [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,200
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
    i take back that comment on the c4
    it seems like my game was glitching last night or something
    they throw normally now
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep Everything you do is a balloon. Joined: Posts: 1,772
    Man machine pistols are so strong in this game. You can delete people so fast with them, they make little noise and their reload time is non existent. I started defaulting with them on many ops since their SMGs/ARs take longer to kill someone.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    Man machine pistols are so strong in this game. You can delete people so fast with them, they make little noise and their reload time is non existent. I started defaulting with them on many ops since their SMGs/ARs take longer to kill someone.

Smg11 is the best one
    Korean ones kick a lot
    Not a fan of the Japanese ones
    Aren't the Japanese MP's similar stat-wise to the SMG-11?

Man, when the SMG-11 had the ACOG, spawn-peaking must've been super cheesy (besides Jaegar's ACOG of course).
    SMG-11 had ACOG? wtf? That doesn't even make any sense with that gun...
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    edited December 2017

Our Ubi bois scored big with the last patch. Having the same performances as CSGO, feelsgoodman.
    I think I joined the game at the right time.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    edited December 2017
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    Aren't the Japanese MP's similar stat-wise to the SMG-11?

Man, when the SMG-11 had the ACOG, spawn-peaking must've been super cheesy (besides Jaegar's ACOG of course).

The Japanese ones spread more at medium to longer distances
    The smg11 is like a straight laser
    I think smg11 is faster fire rate too I don't remember
    But either way you would rather use acog on echo as a hard anchor with 1 speed and shotgun/msg combo works better on smoke with 2 speed
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,781
    Jesus Korean bae shotgun is pretty damn nuts
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    Jesus Korean bae shotgun is pretty damn nuts

Maybe on console
    It's ass on pc
    Holy shit that's a lot of charms this week. I'm gonna have to play all day to get them lol
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    I just ran around and knived 4 people in a row in a round. The design of melees being one shots is pretty curious...
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    edited December 2017
    After settling down with the new ops for a while, Dokkaebi is the most underwhelming to me. Her logic bomb is alright but it feels like a double-edged sword because of how the defenders can use their phones to bait impatient players. Not to mention the intel she gets may either be incredibly obvious ("there's a Rook on OBJ stomping his damn feet, guys!") Or provide little benefit (you hear nothing after the hack goes off. Enemies aren't nearby so you're good, I guess). Also, her passive of hacking enemy cams is kinda moot when you shoot out 5 or 6 of them beforehand.

Vigil and Zofia are fun.

Dokka's gadget can be extremely useful or extremely useless depending on when you're using it. If a teammate is chasing down a roamer and doesn't know exactly where he's hiding, making his phone ring will reveal his position to him. If there's only a couple enemies left and you want to rush them you can call them to make them panic.
    Remember also that when you hack them you force them out of camera mode and they won't be able to access cameras until they turned the phone off, so you can use it to deny intel and let your teammates go through a hallway where they might have standard or Black Eye cameras.
    I think she has a relatively high learning curve when it comes to use Logic Bomb optimally, but when you understand when to use it it can be a pretty high value support operator.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    edited January 1
    dokke is good but there are more useful ops
    shes good when your team is pushing in
    shes really good when your team is pushing into the site where the remaining enemy ops are anchoring
  • HadoukieHadoukie K-UGER! Joined: Posts: 434
    So I got this game during the steam sale. Played it very little at launch on PS4, but am now on PC. What would be the best characters to unlock from? season 2 or 3?
    edited January 12
    Sledge/Rook are good first choices because they have good weapons/gadgets and are straightforward to play. Then Mute/Jäger/Bandit to learn to setup your defense (and roam with the Germans) and Thermite/Ash to learn breaching. If you want to learn intel-based support roles get Twitch, IQ or Pulse.
    We don't know what year 3 ops will look like, so I'd pick year 2 for now. It will give you at least two great intel anchors (Mira and Lesion) and the most broken op in the game (Ela). Plus if you already own Y2 pass the Y3 pass will give you 600 extra credits and with 5 extra bucks you will be able to get the year 1 operators bundle.
    If you want to spend the 600 credits you get with any of the passes on a single operator:
    - Hibana is the best breacher and overall one of the best ops in the game
    - Buck is another great breacher and replacement for Sledge
    - Valkyrie is a fun intel-based roamer that will force you to learn maps and typical entry points for attackers
    - Caveira is a unique stealthy roamer that is now actually pretty good with the pistol buff

btw these mid-season reinforcements are kinda shit. I'm glad for the Capitão buff but 5 shots per drone with Twitch means you have no room for error when you destroy gadgets or cameras, and Ela still has too many bullets in her mag for how good her weapon is. I don't think anybody ever thought that Twitch required that nerf or asked for it.
    Post edited by OceanMachine on
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • HadoukieHadoukie K-UGER! Joined: Posts: 434
    Does anyone here still play, and also on PC? Could use some pals to play with, since randos never go smoothly.
    I'm on PC as well as itzpookie. I think Plaid has a PC account too
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,622
    Yo was thinking of picking this up next time it's on a sale, how hard/easy would you say it is to get into this game?
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,523
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    Yo was thinking of picking this up next time it's on a sale, how hard/easy would you say it is to get into this game?

If you played Overwatch and CoD, then it would be a good transition except it's about precision and more thinking involved.

Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
    The game has a massively steep learning curve - map knowledge is key and you'll need to learn how every operator works - and is very punishing for new players. That being said, if you manage to not quit the game after the first 5-10hrs it's one of the most rewarding FPS out there.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,622
    nice i'll look into it. I've played other "hero shooters" so the concept isn't too foreign to me.

I have a friend who said the same that its a little rough for newcomers, but once you get in the groove and learn the game it because good.

They just said don't play it like it's some regular shooter since it's not
    matchmaking is the worst its ever been
    getting diamonds in every single game
  • VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,523
    https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/game-info/seasons/chimera/index.aspx

2 new operators, Outbreak co-op mode with 3 new maps, Yacht is back, Bartlett dropped, Blitz buff speed, Ela nerfed.
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 1,026
    Watching a guy on the TTS going against a Blitz. He is hauling ASS now. Crackhead speed lol
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 583
    The Blitz buff is ridiculous lol. He is too OP now.

Btw not sure if you guys saw it but this weekend was the Siege invitational and the final was one of the best pro match I have watch. Definitely recommend watching that final.

Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov, Bryan Second: Josie, Devil Jim

DBFZ: Adult Gohan/GokuBlack/SSJVegeta
    Apparently Blitz is bugged. He runs with the shield on at the same speed as any 2-speed op even if having shield up is supposed to decrease your speed.
    They are also still looking at some tweaks for him (I hope they do because 2 speed Blitz is fucking scary and dumb)
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    We tried Outbreak on TTS, it's a pretty hilarious mode to play with friends and a nice addition to the regular game. Normal mode is very easy (no friendly fire feels like a breeze when you're used to regular Siege), I hope pandemic isn't just impossible to compensate that.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file