AE Ibuki Patch Changes/V Trigger 2

DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo systemJoined: Posts: 57,962 mod
Just a general thread to discuss her changes when they come about. V Trigger 2 looks interesting as a trigger that gives her something that affects the mid/far range better. Wonder if the first trigger will get inevitably nerfed.

She was a character that was already not bad in Season 1 IMO that got stuffed with buffs going into Season 2 and even I'll admit she's a bit overboard within the game now. Hopefully they continue the Season 2.5 style balancing where she just gets adjusted and not destroyed.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Comments

• ditnditn Joined: Posts: 526
    overhead no longer combo,s or guy couldnt do it
    slide looks safer?
    vt1>vt2 for now so vt1 might be nerfed

not really much i could see tbh
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,962 mod
    The guys playing on that stream were casuals so can't really go by what you saw until we get notes or someone that's tournament worthy displays her.

I'm also figuring VT1 will get nerfed so that VT2 is worth using

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

yeah i think so too.
    well more info this week can,t wait
    edited December 8
    2nd V Trigger description

(Fuma Shuriken/2 bar trigger) - Ibuki will throw a giant shuriken at the opponent, which comes back after going off-screen.

Press HP + HK for Fuma Shuriken - Haku, which is for use against grounded opponents, and press back plus HP + HK for Fuma Shuriken - Kokufu, which is angled upwards for anti-air usage.

Due to the length at which the shuriken is on screen, it serves to limit the opponent's movements. Ibuki can continue to combo the opponent after hit, and if it's blocked she can use her Airborne Kunai and Kasumigake to confuse the opponent's attempts to block.

dont see whyi would use this unless vt1 is nerfed
    Pretty much. I would probably just use it vs Gief or someone that has trouble dealing with stuff from a range.

yeah neefed hard.
    time for honest buki
    Yeah supposedly some nerfs to c.mp and fhk as well. See if we can get more info on that.

Nice thing is at least with all of these nerfs her overhead should still be safe on block lol

• VinDEEEZELVinDEEEZEL Joined: Posts: 21
    She sounds boring as hell now. I want to say maybe they gave her something fun to compensate, but seeing how they handled last year's balance that's doubtful
    edited December 9
    Yeah so far it seems like shades of Season 1 to 2 where they take off your top tier badge and demote you.

Some of the characters that have gotten very obvious nerfs to things (like Gief) have gotten some buffs or things in their new trigger to compensate.

It sounds like with her V Trigger one that you're basically going to be using it for hit confirms if you can't juggle shit after the bomb. Hopefully there's something else to this shit and the EX kunai stuff. He said mid screen target combo so not sure if it still works in corner or what. Hopefully it's not a situation where Capcom can't figure out how to buff gimped lower tier characters, so they just have to bring her down to their shit.

• Nhazul4769Nhazul4769 Joined: Posts: 20
    I'm mostly fine if the Kunai mix-ups are gone, but the Bomb mix-ups being gone is a bit too much.
    not all bomb mixups are i think just the j normal ones.
    think you will use ex kunai from now on