SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT MEGA MAN 11!!!!!!! (RIP Po 19XX-2017)

Comments

• FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,937
    .gifs are floating around tried to post some. The one where the stack boss falls apart and the head is spinning while MM is blasting him is soooo~ smooth. Don't get the bitching....but 'h4rdc0r3' fans and all...
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Do your eyes not work properly?

That animation is stiff and janky... the characters lack personality and fluidity. The models are only slightly better than Mighty No. 9 due to having slightly better textures. Stages look dull and lifeless, and I already don't like that super move bullshit.

This is low-effort as all fuck, much like everything else that trash company does lately.

Now go ahead and hide behind "it's a work in progress" when ain't shit gonna change much like Infinite DLC.

MEGA MAN FANS DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS LIFELESS LOOKING SHIT.

Po could you even program visual basic?? You bitch so much about shit. But I bet you couldn't program a damn thing. Do something about it yourself if it's so bad Po. You talk so much shit but can never back it up.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,360
    edited December 5
    Tien Gouki wrote: »
    Do your eyes not work properly?

That animation is stiff and janky... the characters lack personality and fluidity. The models are only slightly better than Mighty No. 9 due to having slightly better textures. Stages look dull and lifeless, and I already don't like that super move bullshit.

This is low-effort as all fuck, much like everything else that trash company does lately.

Now go ahead and hide behind "it's a work in progress" when ain't shit gonna change much like Infinite DLC.

MEGA MAN FANS DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS LIFELESS LOOKING SHIT.

Po could you even program visual basic?? You bitch so much about shit. But I bet you couldn't program a damn thing. Do something about it yourself if it's so bad Po. You talk so much shit but can never back it up.

I don't get paid to do the shit... But I'm sure there's some kid out there that's already put together something that blows this MM 11 clown show out of the water, the same way people have been shitting on this scrub ass company in the 2d space for decades.

A million dollar company that should be a billion dollar company ought to be capable of doing better than what CON MAN and his stolen Kickstarter funds cooked up, instead of this barely passable demo reel.

Have some goddamn standards for once, and stop lapping up whatever this garbage heaps shits out just because they sprinkled some nostalgia on top.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX BLACK-GOKU-HAX Joined: Posts: 18,028
    edited December 5
    Could you do that thing where a poster tries to post but it never shows up but he's not exactly banned.

RockB his ass!

(This happened to RockB, same RIP this guy thread of good show of lols made too)

Edit: Also B-tier Bipson and Soviet. RockBSo-Simpus!
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,402
    As a guy who hasn't played a core Mega Man game in 20 years, I agree with Po

The stain of MN9 is just too much, game looks bland. I think it's the 3D. Give me sprites.

Like, after Cuphead....I think platformers have been ruined for me, tbh.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,849
    I'll get it on the Switch as long as it's not 59.99. That's pretty much robbery. From what I see, that game is not worth 60 dollars.

I doubt this will be a retail game. Mega Man 9 and 10 weren't and I don't expect this one will unless Capcom makes a deal with Limited Run games.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,462
    The game is giving off serious Ducktales 2013 vibes
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Looks like shite.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • DANZANDANZAN NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,575
    Not even a megaman fan but i'm hyped anyway because this looks really good.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,281
    Looks like teh sex.

Fixed it for you :tup:
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,285
    Inafune must be hella salty right now.

Fuck Infune for that mess that is Mighty Number Poo
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,924
    Darksakul wrote: »

Fuck Infune for that mess that is Mighty Number Poo
    With all of the money he allegedly put into it, we should call it Mighty Number Po!

• MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 317
    I'll get it on the Switch as long as it's not 59.99. That's pretty much robbery. From what I see, that game is not worth 60 dollars.

I doubt this will be a retail game. Mega Man 9 and 10 weren't and I don't expect this one will unless Capcom makes a deal with Limited Run games.

You're underestimating Capcom and being way too naive. They are going to want a great return on this investment with the bare minimum amount of money they are going to put into it. I stop being naive about when Viewtiful Joe 2 came out.

You're underestimating Capcom and being way too naive. They are going to want a great return on this investment with the bare minimum amount of money they are going to put into it. I stop being naive about when Viewtiful Joe 2 came out.

How am I being naive? Mega Man 9 & 10 were digital games. Capcom released plenty of games that are digital only like Bionic Commando Rearmed games, Commando 3, and Strider 2014 and those games were successful for them. From the looks of this game I doubt this will be a game that will be on the shelf of my local Best Buy.

From the looks of this game I doubt this will be a game that will be on the shelf of my local Best Buy.

That's the problem.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    It's only a problem for those who don't like digital games.
  • sadboysadboy Joined: Posts: 64
    edited December 5
    As weird as it might sound, I've been excited and reserved about each iteration in the series after Mega Man 2. From what I saw in the trailer, it looks more inspired than Mighty No. 9.
    It's only a problem for those who don't like digital games.

90% of a games actual costs are distribution and marketing
    Development actually falls into a separate and unrelated budget under R&D

its in fact cheaper to make a game for digital distribution than it is to have print media.
    Commercial discs are actually pressed or printed and not burned.
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,644
    I would prefer a new Megaman X, but I'm glad we're getting anything at all

Any Megaman is better than no Megaman (or MN9)

From the looks of this game I doubt this will be a game that will be on the shelf of my local Best Buy.

That's the problem.

I'd like some elaboration on the logic here.
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 352
    Doesn't look nearly as bad as MN9, but doesn't look as good as the later sprite based games either.

Could turn out to be a good game like MM9/10, but my expectations are super low. Do we know if Capcom is developing this in house?
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,970 mod
    edited December 5
    (*comes back to 50 new posts, with about half of them being kvetching about the game or at each other*

...I can't even say that I'm surprised, sadly)

Illogical tantrums that make me surprised the person in question hasn't given himself a heart attack as of yet aside, I was at least made aware that I missing watching the video in the first post. I keep forgetting Twitter can do that given I don't use any of those narcissism platforms that pass as "social media".

The game does look a bit stiff and Mega Man's voice sounds different (which isn't necessarily a bad thing given horrors of MM8 vocally), but as someone who was always going to reserve judgment until this was done, it seems like a decent enough start down to them confirming at least a Guts Man-esque stage and the regular, non-MM5 Rush Coil--fuck that thing.

I won't do it now. I'm going to wait until you all get your hands on this and your excitement sinks deep within your chests. As you feel your anticipation turn into furious anger for the turd of a game you waited a year for, only then will I bring out the receipts and laugh at all of you for your misplaced faith in Capc(p)om.

I will laugh mighty no. nine-ily.

Fixed that for you.

Bious wrote: »
    Powered Up looked worse than this and is one of the best Megaman games so fuck the haters.

Same with Maverick Hunter.

Basically.

Could you do that thing where a poster tries to post but it never shows up but he's not exactly banned.

RockB his ass!

(This happened to RockB, same RIP this guy thread of good show of lols made too)

Edit: Also B-tier Bipson and Soviet. RockBSo-Simpus!

I could, but I've almost always found that less elegant than just outright banning the person, especially since the mods still have to see it. I think I've only ever used it once and that was more just because I wasn't quite if the person was a bot or not and I may not have used it at all; it's difficult to remember. Either way, as such, I won't, at least right now, but I also won't stop any other mod who uses it.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    looks like a newgrounds flash game
    you think I'm typing just to type it

here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Shin_Jr wrote: »
    looks like a newgrounds flash game

Castle crashers was made in flash and it’s great.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

edited December 6

That's the problem.

It's being treated like some indie flash game when it's fucking Mega Man.

The production values are substandard. Look at goddamn Mario Odyssey, then look at this... Hell, look at fucking Sonic- the running punchline himself has been treated better and given bigger budgets. Even Mania looks like it had more money put into it.

Mega Man deserves to be treated as big time like his peers for fucking once, instead of this shit that looks like it could run on a phone.

But it's Cap- THAT SHITTY ASS COMPANY, so of course we can't have nice things.
    Post edited by po pimpus on

That's the problem.

It's being treated like some indie flash game when it's fucking Mega Man.

The production values are substandard. Look at goddamn Mario Odyssey, then look at this... Hell, look at fucking Sonic- the running punchline himself has been treated better and given bigger budgets. Even Mania looks like it had more money put into it.

Mega Man deserves to be treated as big time like his peers for fucking once, instead of this shit that looks like it could run on a phone.

But it's Cap- THAT SHITTY ASS COMPANY, so of course we can't have nice things.

It's funny you mention Sonic. Trying to turn a 2D Platformer into something it's not is how we got to this sad state of affairs for that fandom. 2D platformers are not AAA $59.99 games. If anything they're worth something like 15-20 nowadays. Which is not to say it doesn't sell well nor that it is treated poorly, just that a Mega Man game being faithful will take up a solid 8 hours of solid entertainment. I'd rather have a 20$ faithful Mega Man game instead of Sonic 06 for Mega Man at 60 with Mega Man in an open world dealing with side missions and story campaigns where it doesn't belong
    @Colonel-Gilgamesh

The Sonic 06 Mega Man game you described is Mega Man Legends. Legends is the one Mega Man series that could work as a AAA game.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Like Like Like Joined: Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Legends 1 and 2 are goat status to me. I love both of those games immensely.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

Only two Mega Man series worth a shit is OG and X.

Fuck this Star Force, Legends 64, ZX and Network warrior Pokemon CTG Shit
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,402
    Battle Network games were lit tho
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,854
    Po sees new megaman game coming to all platforms...

tenor.gif?itemid=5362501

Po sees that Capcom at the last minute decides to make it a japan only release

tumblr_n115pwGiQp1tnx4eko1_250.gif
  • kylebrkylebr Casually competitive Joined: Posts: 1,028
    I really like the first ZX (even more than the Zero series), pretty solid Metroid-ish plataformer. The multiple forms really spiced up the game.
    CFN: kylebr92, Fightcade: kylebr, Steam: kylebr92.
    SFV: Guile, Karin.
    GG Rev 2: Ky, Johnny.
    SSB4: Mario, Marth, Cloud.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,970 mod
    edited December 6
    Wasted wrote: »

Up to Battle Network 3 at least, anyway. Gods, Battle Network 4 is so bad. It might literally be the worst (official, widely released) Mega Man ever even with as much hate as Mega Man X6 and Mega Man X7 (and Mega Man X5) both get and deserve.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    Wasted wrote: »

1-3 were solid but 4-on were pretty terrible. Especially since they tried to go the Pokémon route and make multiple versions of the game.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file