SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT MEGA MAN 11!!!!!!! (RIP Po 19XX-2017)

1356

Comments

  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    The Damned wrote: »
    Wasted wrote: »
    Battle Network games were lit tho

    Up to Battle Network 3 at least, anyway. Gods, Battle Network 4 is so bad. It might literally be the worst (official, widely released) Mega Man ever even with as much hate as Mega Man X6 and Mega Man X7 (and Mega Man X5) both get and deserve.

    I don't know if you count spin-offs but Battle Chip Challenge was just as bad.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,462
    Some hands on information

    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/12/05/eleven-things-we-learned-while-playing-mega-man-11.aspx
    1) Same Mega, new look
    Since Mega Man 9 and 10 both paid homage to Mega Man’s roots with an 8-bit inspired art style, Mega Man 11 is delivering a more modern anime-inspired look.

    2) Pick eight
    In classic Mega Man tradition, players will get to choose which of Mega Man 11’s robot masters they will tackle first, and they can choose from all eight robot masters right out of the gate.

    3) Classic Mega Man action
    Despite the new look, Mega Man 11’s controls feel as precise and tight as one of his 8-bit adventures. Mega Man can still charge up his shots and slide to quickly dodge enemy attacks or move from one end of the screen to the next.

    4) Music to match
    Capcom isn’t ready to reveal who is composing the music for Mega Man 11, but we can say that the soundtrack is full of toe-tapping tunes that will likely please old-school fans.



    5) A worthy challenge
    The original Mega Man games offered a challenge that was in line with games of the NES era. As the industry’s trends have changed, Mega Man games have retained their classic challenge. Mega Man 11 doesn’t break this trend. Thankfully, the action also feels fair. We died several times during a few sections, but we overcame even the trickiest platforming sections with a little practice.

    6) A challenge for everyone
    Capcom knows that hard games aren’t for everyone, which is why the developer is offering four different difficulty settings. We played on normal, which offered a traditional Mega Man experience, but fans who really want a challenge can tackle superhero mode. Players looking for an easier experience, or who might want extra platforms during tricky jumping sequences, can try the casual or newcomer modes.

    7) A room with a new view
    Mega Man purists might notice a minor perspective shift, which gives players a slightly higher view of the action. Fortunately, this doesn’t affect gameplay. However, the camera has also zoomed out a bit, which gives players a better view of the playing field.



    8) Dressed to kill
    Mega Man has traditionally changed color every time he equips a new robot master weapon, but Capcom originally envisioned that Mega Man would have a more drastic change in appearance. For Mega Man 11, Capcom is returning to this concept, and Mega Man’s helmet will change shape when he equips different weapons.

    9) Slip and slide
    Pressing down and jump at the same time allows Mega Man to slide across the screen, which is a useful way to dodge enemy attacks. Capcom hasn’t finalized the controls, but the team is toying with the idea of putting the slide move on a single button, which might be easier for new players.

    10) Weapon wheel
    Managing Mega Man’s eight different robot master abilities is tricky. In the past, players had to cycle through these powers on the shoulder buttons or jump into a menu, which was cumbersome. Mega Man 11 allows players to quickly hot swap between Mega Man’s weapons with a flick of the analog stick. All of Mega Man 11’s weapons are attached to a direction on the right analog stick, which makes swapping to your favorite weapon much quicker, and might even allow players to string together robot master attacks like a combo.

    11) Game-changing mechanic
    Mega Man 11 features an entirely new gameplay mechanic that will impact Mega Man’s moment-to-moment action. Unfortunately, we can’t talk about this feature, but we feel that it’s a nice addition to the action and helps balance the difficulty. The gear icons featured under Mega Man’s health hint at this new mechanic.

    To see our entire month of Mega Man 11 coverage, click in the banner below and bookmark our hub. We'll have several stories to add to it in the coming days and weeks.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,966 mod
    edited December 6
    So I heard, but for the record I know nothing about it beyond its "illustrious" reputation.

    Meanwhile, I had actually watch poor RoahmMythril suffer through the lazy, rush-job that was Battle Network 4 and it was just...insulting to experience even secondhand. Like, as much as po pimpus complains about modern-day Capcom, that game is a prime example of Capcom at its worst.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

    "Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356

    1) Same Mega, new look
    Since Mega Man 9 and 10 both paid homage to Mega Man’s roots with an 8-bit inspired art style, Mega Man 11 is delivering a more modern anime-inspired look.

    giphy.gif

    Yeah... that gimpy looking shit looks real modern anime...

    Like Episode 5 of Dragonball Super modern.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,462
    edited December 6
    po pimpus wrote: »

    1) Same Mega, new look
    Since Mega Man 9 and 10 both paid homage to Mega Man’s roots with an 8-bit inspired art style, Mega Man 11 is delivering a more modern anime-inspired look.

    Yeah... that gimpy looking shit looks real modern anime...

    Like Episode 5 of Dragonball Super modern.

    And also like Super, has every opportunity to get better as time goes on.

    I have more issue with the animation than the art style to be honest. The enemies look ok, but the blue bomber moves like he crapped his pants and is trying to hide it
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    edited December 6
    po pimpus wrote: »

    Like Episode 5 of Dragonball Super modern.

    And also like Super, has every opportunity to get better as time goes on.

    I have more issue with the animation than the art style to be honest. The enemies look ok, but the blue bomber moves like he crapped his pants and is trying to hide it

    The same way Infinite DLC got better over time?

    YOU. CAN'T. TRUST. ANYTHING. THIS. SHIT. COMPANY. DOES. THAT. ISN'T. MONSTER. HUNTER.

    They don't get the benefit of the doubt. Ever.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,462
    po pimpus wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »

    Like Episode 5 of Dragonball Super modern.

    And also like Super, has every opportunity to get better as time goes on.

    I have more issue with the animation than the art style to be honest. The enemies look ok, but the blue bomber moves like he crapped his pants and is trying to hide it

    The same way Infinite DLC got better over time?

    YOU. CAN'T. TRUST. ANYTHING. THIS. SHIT. COMPANY. DOES. THAT. ISN'T. MONSTER. HUNTER.

    Given that MM9 and MM10 games did just fine, I disagree.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    edited December 6
    po pimpus wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »

    Like Episode 5 of Dragonball Super modern.

    And also like Super, has every opportunity to get better as time goes on.

    I have more issue with the animation than the art style to be honest. The enemies look ok, but the blue bomber moves like he crapped his pants and is trying to hide it

    The same way Infinite DLC got better over time?

    YOU. CAN'T. TRUST. ANYTHING. THIS. SHIT. COMPANY. DOES. THAT. ISN'T. MONSTER. HUNTER.

    Given that MM9 and MM10 games did just fine, I disagree.

    You realize those were done before the fall into absolute garbage was complete, right?

    Back then, they could at least get Marvel and SF somewhat right.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,462
    po pimpus wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »

    Like Episode 5 of Dragonball Super modern.

    And also like Super, has every opportunity to get better as time goes on.

    I have more issue with the animation than the art style to be honest. The enemies look ok, but the blue bomber moves like he crapped his pants and is trying to hide it

    The same way Infinite DLC got better over time?

    YOU. CAN'T. TRUST. ANYTHING. THIS. SHIT. COMPANY. DOES. THAT. ISN'T. MONSTER. HUNTER.

    Given that MM9 and MM10 games did just fine, I disagree.

    You realize those were done before the fall into absolute garbage was complete, right?

    Meaning that we have no reference for Neo-Capcom screwing up Mega Man.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,273
    The Damned wrote: »
    So I heard, but for the record I know nothing about it beyond its "illustrious" reputation.

    Meanwhile, I had actually watch poor RoahmMythril suffer through the lazy, rush-job that was Battle Network 4 and it was just...insulting to experience even secondhand. Like, as much as po pimpus complains about modern-day Capcom, that game is a prime example of Capcom at its worst.

    And the Network series spawned Star Force which so bad it makes the ZX game looks good

    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,966 mod
    edited December 6
    I know nothing of Star Force...or ZX for that matter beyond, of course, that they exist. So if you say so, then I will note your opinions on the matter, but that's all I can do right now.

    Regardless, the point was that is Battle Network 4 is fucking horrible whether you like any of the other Battle Network games or not, which was why I responded to Wasted with what I did.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

    "Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,273
    The Damned wrote: »
    I know nothing of Star Force...or ZX for that matter beyond, of course, that they exist. So if you say so, then I will note your opinions on the matter, but that's all I can do right now.

    Regardless, the point was that is Battle Network 4 is fucking horrible whether you like any of the other Battle Network games or not, which was why I responded to Wasted with what I did.

    I think the whole Battle network sub series is awful. Like it sorta had a good beginning, but then along its way it forgot it suposed to be a mega man game and than later forget what they were doing at all
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 582
    really? because it looked like Battle Network was just trying to rehash the old Mega Man storyline, but in a slightly different way. I thought it was ok, but the constant stream of random battles in maze like stages trying to figure out where to go started to get annoying.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,966 mod
    I have my own mixed feelings on the Battle Network series as a whole, so I can definitely understand not liking it. That said, I do, at the very least, appreciate the attempted concept, which is basically "What if Dr. Light and Dr. Wily decided to go into Internet infrastructure instead of robotics and thus fucked up the world that way?" I wouldn't say that it tries to "rehash" the old Mega Man storyline beyond reimagining the Robot Masters as .EXEs, which is kind of a given since otherwise it wouldn't be Mega Man without them using a decent amount of the same characters.

    Let's face it, as much as pretty much everyone who has responded to this thread likes Mega Man, the Classic series at least is pretty sparse on actual story beyond "Dr. Wily escapes again and again and again and..." in various variations. Sure, some of the Classic series games do go in at least slightly more depth, like MM4, MM5, MM8, Mega Man Powered, and I think Mega Man & Bass, but otherwise there's not really any actual storyline for Battle Network to "rehash" in the first place and, incidentally, it doesn't use any of those as far as I'm aware.

    That said, there certainly are a lot of aspects of Battle Network that stretch disbelief (to the breaking point) even more on a regular basis than the various cardboard prisons that don't hold Dr. Wily and Dr. Light's world-dooming easy forgiveness in the Classic series. Also, Lan is a pretty "meh" protagonist overall I guess. So, again, I can understand disliking the Battle Network series, but not for reasons of it being a "slightly different" rehash because it isn't.

    (Also, Chrome doesn't recognize "storyline" or "reimagining" as words? What.)
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

    "Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Christmas? Bah, humbug! Joined: Posts: 3,961
    Get hype 268831890704826369.png

    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 582
    I dont know about that. You get a new story for Bass. Zero becomes a thing that is fully revealed instead of just this off to the side story thats told in the later games. Like other than those main story nuggets of the Original MM, Battle Network is it's own thing. And yeah, MM doesnt necessarily NEED its own story. But its nice to know that if it wants to, it totally can given how well Legends and some of the earlier X games did it (we're not talking about the completely meme-y voice acting of X4).
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

    Besides, Megaman games have been dull since after 3. I will make an exception for 9 because that one was fun. The same can be said about the X series. Was there even one fun one after 4? They just became dull and repetitive.

    The spinoffs weren't bad, though. Battle Network may be the best in the entire damn line-up. Zerovania was alright but that style of game is stale as all hell.

    Either way, Po has 100% good reason to be skeptical and 1000000000000000000000000% good reason to be angry at Capc(p)om.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hello Po alt.

    Screen%2BShot%2B2017-12-04%2Bat%2B7.54.13%2BPM.png
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

    Besides, Megaman games have been dull since after 3. I will make an exception for 9 because that one was fun. The same can be said about the X series. Was there even one fun one after 4? They just became dull and repetitive.

    The spinoffs weren't bad, though. Battle Network may be the best in the entire damn line-up. Zerovania was alright but that style of game is stale as all hell.

    Either way, Po has 100% good reason to be skeptical and 1000000000000000000000000% good reason to be angry at Capc(p)om.

    Po has never been a troll.

    He's the goddamned truth on loop 24-7.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

    eSports is fucking retarded.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,273
    Azure wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

    Besides, Megaman games have been dull since after 3. I will make an exception for 9 because that one was fun. The same can be said about the X series. Was there even one fun one after 4? They just became dull and repetitive.

    The spinoffs weren't bad, though. Battle Network may be the best in the entire damn line-up. Zerovania was alright but that style of game is stale as all hell.

    Either way, Po has 100% good reason to be skeptical and 1000000000000000000000000% good reason to be angry at Capc(p)om.

    Po has never been a troll.

    He's the goddamned truth on loop 24-7.

    You don't need to be a troll to be a shit poster.
    Just make every forum entry on every board all about how you hate Capcom and capcom is the devil.
    Even on the political pages he goes back to capcom.

    Its is why he got clapped on the MVC I pages, oh wait that would be trolling.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Azure wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

    Besides, Megaman games have been dull since after 3. I will make an exception for 9 because that one was fun. The same can be said about the X series. Was there even one fun one after 4? They just became dull and repetitive.

    The spinoffs weren't bad, though. Battle Network may be the best in the entire damn line-up. Zerovania was alright but that style of game is stale as all hell.

    Either way, Po has 100% good reason to be skeptical and 1000000000000000000000000% good reason to be angry at Capc(p)om.

    Po has never been a troll.

    He's the goddamned truth on loop 24-7.

    You don't need to be a troll to be a shit poster.
    Just make every forum entry on every board all about how you hate Capcom and capcom is the devil.
    Even on the political pages he goes back to capcom.

    Its is why he got clapped on the MVC I pages, oh wait that would be trolling.

    No.

    That's introducing Yomi into the Meta of the trolling that is the travesty of MvC:I.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

    eSports is fucking retarded.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,273
    Azure wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Azure wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

    Besides, Megaman games have been dull since after 3. I will make an exception for 9 because that one was fun. The same can be said about the X series. Was there even one fun one after 4? They just became dull and repetitive.

    The spinoffs weren't bad, though. Battle Network may be the best in the entire damn line-up. Zerovania was alright but that style of game is stale as all hell.

    Either way, Po has 100% good reason to be skeptical and 1000000000000000000000000% good reason to be angry at Capc(p)om.

    Po has never been a troll.

    He's the goddamned truth on loop 24-7.

    You don't need to be a troll to be a shit poster.
    Just make every forum entry on every board all about how you hate Capcom and capcom is the devil.
    Even on the political pages he goes back to capcom.

    Its is why he got clapped on the MVC I pages, oh wait that would be trolling.

    No.

    That's introducing Yomi into the Meta of the trolling that is the travesty of MvC:I.

    Going over to the MVC I pages and telling everyone off about MVCI is the very definition of trolling
    Does not matter what he or anyone has opinions about MVCI, you know for a fact that everyone in that thread has a interest in MCVI and telling them their game of choice is awful is just flat out trolling and its why Poop Pimple got clamped so hard he got banned.

    He got jailed now because the man was to argue with mods

    But thats nether here or now, this thread is a celebration of Classic series Mega Man and not trying to defend Po for his years of shit-tastic posting
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

    Because he is. Holding a grudge against a company that hasn't personally wronged you is fucking retarded. He can do what any sane person would do and simply move on. Capcom isn't giving you what you want anymore? Leave them to the waste side and go elsewhere. Acting like an ex wife who got nothing from the divorce settlement will accomplish nothing. He'll make himself happier if he didn't wrap himself around Capcom's dick so tightly.

    Who the hell are you to tell Po what to do with his life? If he chooses to air out his grievances with Capcom, that's on him and it's fine to do as a poster. Gimmicky? Sure. Still, it's not against the rules.

    You're not his keeper so mind your own. If you don't like his posts, scroll past them.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,273
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

    Because he is. Holding a grudge against a company that hasn't personally wronged you is fucking retarded. He can do what any sane person would do and simply move on. Capcom isn't giving you what you want anymore? Leave them to the waste side and go elsewhere. Acting like an ex wife who got nothing from the divorce settlement will accomplish nothing. He'll make himself happier if he didn't wrap himself around Capcom's dick so tightly.

    Who the hell are you to tell Po what to do with his life? If he chooses to air out his grievances with Capcom, that's on him and it's fine to do as a poster. Gimmicky? Sure. Still, it's not against the rules.

    You're not his keeper so mind your own. If you don't like his posts, scroll past them.
    A Ban and a current in jail infraction says otherwise.

    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

    Because he is. Holding a grudge against a company that hasn't personally wronged you is fucking retarded. He can do what any sane person would do and simply move on. Capcom isn't giving you what you want anymore? Leave them to the waste side and go elsewhere. Acting like an ex wife who got nothing from the divorce settlement will accomplish nothing. He'll make himself happier if he didn't wrap himself around Capcom's dick so tightly.

    Who the hell are you to tell Po what to do with his life? If he chooses to air out his grievances with Capcom, that's on him and it's fine to do as a poster. Gimmicky? Sure. Still, it's not against the rules.

    You're not his keeper so mind your own. If you don't like his posts, scroll past them.

    It's why I think he's a troll. The guy never stops airing out his grievances. That's the problem. He'll bring up Capcom when even when it has nothing to do with the topic. How obsessed is he over it to never shut the fuck up about it?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,644
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

    Because he is. Holding a grudge against a company that hasn't personally wronged you is fucking retarded. He can do what any sane person would do and simply move on. Capcom isn't giving you what you want anymore? Leave them to the waste side and go elsewhere. Acting like an ex wife who got nothing from the divorce settlement will accomplish nothing. He'll make himself happier if he didn't wrap himself around Capcom's dick so tightly.

    Who the hell are you to tell Po what to do with his life? If he chooses to air out his grievances with Capcom, that's on him and it's fine to do as a poster. Gimmicky? Sure. Still, it's not against the rules.

    You're not his keeper so mind your own. If you don't like his posts, scroll past them.

    I don't think that's how this or pretty much any other forum works, though.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's definitely how SRK works but mods here are fickle and soft as baby shit. They'll bop you for any reason even something not against the rules.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,273
    Hey this thread is about MEGA MAN and not Po.

    Bring in More Mega Man
    Picture+68.png
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Shin_JrShin_Jr " they need to stop it " Joined: Posts: 893 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Who the hell are you to tell Po what to do with his life? If he chooses to air out his grievances with Capcom, that's on him

    how street fighter lets you beat up a car? they should change it to the CAPCOM logo for now on.

    anyways to hell with Megaman bring on Dino Crisis

    you think I'm typing just to type it

    here's 50 cents run down to the store and grab a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk - GM
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 317
    I think Po should buy this shit just on principle. He's been complaining about how bad Capcom was treating the Mega Man franchise for years now. But here's the thing Capcom has always been a shit company (the difference is that we all notice it more), they're not going to change, they're not going to restructure, they're not giving young developers a chance, they're not changing senior management, they're not putting their cash reserves into R&D, or anything else. Yeah, keep on dreaming. Po, Sakurai is not going to make you a Mega Man game-it's not coming from Nintendo buy 11 while you still can because Mega Man is dead. And his ass mediocre ass should stay dead.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    How are people who have been here just a fraction of the time I have tell me how SRK used to run? I've been on these boards since it launched.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    Raz0r wrote: »
    How are people who have been here just a fraction of the time I have tell me how SRK used to run? I've been on these boards since it launched.

    No one told you how the site used to run. It's clear the way things were during the old days don't apply anymore.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    How are people who have been here just a fraction of the time I have tell me how SRK used to run? I've been on these boards since it launched.

    No one told you how the site used to run. It's clear the way things were during the old days don't apply anymore.

    1Vd8J_s-200x150.gif
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    I like how I don't even have to be here for people to constantly speak my name.

    I said what I said about this shit, and come this time next year I expect apologies from all you fucks who think Capc... this trash ass company are going to improve anything about the way this looks and animates.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,966 mod
    edited December 7
    This thread is quickly becoming an exercise in narcissism.

    Raz0r wrote: »
    *snip*

    Besides, Megaman games have been dull since after 3. I will make an exception for 9 because that one was fun. The same can be said about the X series. Was there even one fun one after 4? They just became dull and repetitive.

    *snip*

    X5 through X7 were bad for varying reasons and, honestly, it's still a bit difficult to tell which one is worst between X6 and X7. That said, Mega Man X8 was a pretty fun game that actually did learn from most of the (massive) mistakes of X7. Too bad it was too late save the (sub-)series as a whole, especially since once you find out how much of a boner Inafune has for Zero it becomes pretty clear that he had
    been trying to throw X under the bus since at least X3, hence why we got X5 as the "definitive end" in the first place.
    Post edited by The Damned on
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

    "Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,739
    I like X5 :(
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,966 mod
    edited December 6
    (All this bickering and I hadn't even noticed Colonel-Gilgamesh had posted actual information last night.)

    Noted.

    I still dislike it overall, but I have no problem with other people liking it. [/hint hint]

    Regardless, we can at least both agree that X6 and X7 are worse games.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

    "Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file