SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT MEGA MAN 11!!!!!!! (RIP Po 19XX-2017)

Comments

• MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 317
    I agree with Razor on this one. I only play Megaman up until 3 too. The rest are boring ass hell-especially that X cheese. I missed out on 9 because I didn't expect much and Capcom killed all my interest.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    X7 and X8 are fan games that po made and don't exist now.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,273
    The Damned wrote: »
    (All this bickering and I hadn't even noticed Colonel-Gilgamesh had posted actual information last night.)

Noted.

I still dislike it overall, but I have no problem with other people liking it. [/hint hint]

Regardless, we can at least both agree that X6 and X7 are worse games.

If I want to split hairs X6 is at least playable, X7 gave us Axle which no one wants and that the mega man series didn't need
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    Darksakul wrote: »
    (All this bickering and I hadn't even noticed Colonel-Gilgamesh had posted actual information last night.)

Noted.

I still dislike it overall, but I have no problem with other people liking it. [/hint hint]

If I want to split hairs X6 is at least playable, X7 gave us Axle which no one wants and that the mega man series didn't need

X6 has the worst level design in the series and nightmare mechanic gave the game horrible RNG.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,739
    edited December 6
    Only 3 Levels in X6 were passable as actual levels.

Blaze Heatnix needs to be in every curriculum of bad game design.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    Azure wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

Because he is. Holding a grudge against a company that hasn't personally wronged you is fucking retarded. He can do what any sane person would do and simply move on. Capcom isn't giving you what you want anymore? Leave them to the waste side and go elsewhere. Acting like an ex wife who got nothing from the divorce settlement will accomplish nothing. He'll make himself happier if he didn't wrap himself around Capcom's dick so tightly.

Who the hell are you to tell Po what to do with his life? If he chooses to air out his grievances with Capcom, that's on him and it's fine to do as a poster. Gimmicky? Sure. Still, it's not against the rules.

You're not his keeper so mind your own. If you don't like his posts, scroll past them.
    A Ban and a current in jail infraction says otherwise.

FGD Mods are barely half an evolutionary step beyond NeoGAF.

Which still leaves them with one foot planted squarely in the primorial ooze.

No, this place is so much better than how gaf is or was.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited December 6
    You guys keep calling Po a troll but he's hella on the money with Capcom. They have been shitting the bed for years, heavily leaning on their past games' successes, due to their sheer laziness and lack of imagination. He's a worried fan who has been scorned and doesn't want to see his beloved titles that he's so attached to lose any more polish than they already ahve.

Because he is. Holding a grudge against a company that hasn't personally wronged you is fucking retarded. He can do what any sane person would do and simply move on. Capcom isn't giving you what you want anymore? Leave them to the waste side and go elsewhere. Acting like an ex wife who got nothing from the divorce settlement will accomplish nothing. He'll make himself happier if he didn't wrap himself around Capcom's dick so tightly.

Who the hell are you to tell Po what to do with his life? If he chooses to air out his grievances with Capcom, that's on him and it's fine to do as a poster. Gimmicky? Sure. Still, it's not against the rules.

You're not his keeper so mind your own. If you don't like his posts, scroll past them.

So was Nazi Germany.

FGD is occupied France.

GD is the GatDam Free 1st World.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.

So was Nazi Germany.

FGD is occupied France.

Yeah that narsisium speaking. Take that shite to the political threads, this is about the blue bomber, Mega Crap

So was Nazi Germany.

FGD is occupied France.

Yeah that narsisium speaking. Take that shite to the political threads, this is about the blue bomber, Mega Crap

Learn how to spell like the big boys, then come revel in new-found appreciation of and for your own narcissism, ne09er newblette. :coffee:
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

d3v wrote: »

Which still leaves them with one foot planted squarely in the primordial ooze.

No upper brain function is needed in FGD - only feels strong enough to Smash against the keyboard hard enough to get real people banned.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled Megaman talk.

Found a scan from the Gameinformer article.

rockman113_thumb.jpg

Screenshot of test level made by recreating a stage from Megaman 5 in the new art style. Basically, it seems that they did a lot of this first to test the new art style.

Looks promising
  • The DamnedThe Damned Hope: You can't believe in it Joined: Posts: 10,966 mod
    edited December 7
    (Sigh.)

Anyway, I fixed the tense-fuckery of my second-to-last post so it actually reads coherently now.

Noted.

Nah. X6 is barely playable too. As horrible as the camera was in X7 since it was the first full 3D venture, there are way too many leaps of faith over or onto instant death in X6. Additionally, as Bious and Hawkingbird pointed out already, despite the stages in X6 being shorter on average than the tedium of X7, they somehow manage to have worse level design overall due to the above and other factors; in X7, I can generally at least see what's capable of killing me, Flame Hyenard's bullshit boss fight aside. I personally would rather replay all of X7 than play Blaze Heatnix's stage ever again given it's the arguable nadir of all Mega Man stages period.

As for Axl, I won't say that he was/is a great or even good character, much less a necessary one, but pretty much everyone was out-of-character in X7 save for Sigma, i.e. X becoming a whiny bitch who sits out half of the game rather than a reluctant pacifist who will ultimately still do right thing without complaining despite his doubts. Additionally, Axl at least got redeemed a significant amount in X8 where they tone down the bulk of his annoying qualities, including replacing X for half of the game, even if you still don't like him.
    Post edited by The Damned on
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
    edited December 7
    @The Damned

Can we just agree that X6 AND X7 sucked, and badly?

Measuring dick tooth-grooves seems moot.

• Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,462
    edited December 7
    I've only played 2, X, vs SF, and that one fan game where MM lost an arm whose name I forgot. You'll need to explain to me what does and does not suck ass in these bad games.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,356
    I suggest you go back and play all of Classic and X at least up to X5.

Then maybe you can understand why 11 rubs me the wrong way.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »

That would imply me wanting to do that.

Then don't question my trepidation at this title, please.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    I've only played 2, X, vs SF, and that one fan game where MM lost an arm whose name I forgot. You'll need to explain to me what does and does not suck ass in these bad games.

Two posts above your own.

edited December 7

That would imply my post was aimed at you.

I wanted to know why X6 and X7 sucked......and X8 too?

Thank you my good man. Mostly tuning out a lot of this thread on account of bickering.

It's smarter to skim after someone drops the line 'So was Nazi Germany'
    X7 sucks as it introduce the worst Mega Man character outside of the Battle network/Star Force Timeline, Axl
    latest?cb=20100201235116
    Not to mention the stupid rescuing hostages gimmick ontop of Mega Man game play if you want the real ending and to Unlock X as a playable character in his own game

Story is Trash as X decided he going into retirement as a field agent of the Maverick Hunters for no reason at all
    The only upside is Zero game play isn't complete Trash. Axl on the other hand don't acquire weapons like X and Zero does, instead of copying boss weapons or unlocking stuff from a boss Axl copies the forms and weapons of grunt and minor minions with no real impact on game play what so ever.

X6 just has bad level design and it contradicts/recons X5's ending.

Bad Ending for X5
    (Zero Turns Maverick)

Good Ending for X5
    (Zero Stays good)

• BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,739

That would imply my post was aimed at you.

I wanted to know why X6 and X7 sucked......and X8 too?

Thank you my good man. Mostly tuning out a lot of this thread on account of bickering.

It's smarter to skim after someone drops the line 'So was Nazi Germany'

X6 had bad level design and a terrible story that continued from X5's close to the series. It was an obvious cash grab game made by Capcom that had little-to-no play testing. There are only 3 levels in the game that can be called actual stages. The nightmare system introduced can make some already-bullshit stages prime bullshit. X has the ability to go unarmored but it is obvious no one checked to see if the game was actually playable like this. All in all it was a poorly-made game only made to get Megaman money.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,486
    No MMX Command mission? :(
    (Oh, right. Axl's stupid name doesn't have an "e" it. I'll go back and edit that out too.)

For the record, I wasn't trying to decide between which one of X6 and X7 was worse. I was just explaining why I don't think it's clear cut that one is worse than the other since they both have very significant problems unfortunately.

So, yes, we can agree that they are both quite bad at least.

With that declared, you may now return to your petty bickering with each other.

Damn. I feel bad for not being able to remember myself, but given it's been at least a year and a half since the last time I checked on it, I suppose it's not surprising that I couldn't recall it off the top of my head.

Anyway, the fan game you're thinking of is Mega Man Unlimited.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse

You didn't talk about the actual design of 11. Only bitched about it not being a AAA game. Nothing of the new weapon we saw from trailer, Rush Coil being back, the new enemies. For allegedly being a gameplay guy your focus was purely on the presentation.
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,644
    6) A challenge for everyone
    Capcom knows that hard games aren’t for everyone, which is why the developer is offering four different difficulty settings. We played on normal, which offered a traditional Mega Man experience, but fans who really want a challenge can tackle superhero mode. Players looking for an easier experience, or who might want extra platforms during tricky jumping sequences, can try the casual or newcomer modes.

I think this is a great idea for a new game.

It's crazy to think that this might be somebody's first Megaman game, but it will be.

• Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,046
    When is x9?

Wake me up when Capcom decides to tie in the x series with the zero series. Ain't it funny how in the main storyline which consists of 5 series(classic, X, Zero, zx, legends) only one has actually finished?

I feel like most people already forgot about this too but are they just never going to finish zx either? My dream is that x9 will be a triple A quality megamantroidvania. I also know it won't happen.
    When is x9?

Wake me up when Capcom decides to tie in the x series with the zero series. Ain't it funny how in the main storyline which consists of 5 series(classic, X, Zero, zx, legends) only one has actually finished?

I feel like most people already forgot about this too but are they just never going to finish zx either? My dream is that x9 will be a triple A quality megamantroidvania. I also know it won't happen.

Not if it going to have Axl. Fuck that shit.
    Zero and ZX series don't needs to be Finished.

Why would X9 be a Metroidvania?
    There never been a Mega Man Metroidvania, why start with X9?

When is x9?

Metroidvania is the ZX series shtick. Mega Man series don't step on each other's toes.
    When is x9?

Not if it going to have Axl. Fuck that shit.
    Zero and ZX series don't needs to be Finished.

Why would X9 be a Metroidvania?
    There never been a Mega Man Metroidvania, why start with X9?

The Zero series is done. It's ZX that got left hanging.
    Because I like metroidvanias.
    The thing with Megaman games is that for veterans they're always easy and once you've beaten them once they're very short games even with replayability in mind. I'm a huge fan of the metroidvanias style becuase you can keep the game fairly linear but still add cool bits of exploration, customization and secrets.

I think it would be neat to have an x game in that style where you can explore about and tackle any of the 8 bosses in order of first to last, but each time you beat one the others get more health/do more damage. Or say, once you've beaten 3 bosses the rest get a new attack or pattern, and once you've beaten 6 the remaining two gain yet another attack. The same could be applied to the main map, where things get stronger as you progress and even if you backtrack. Idk man I just think it's a great genre for Megaman.
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 887
    I still think Powered Up had the right idea. Beat the various robot masters to unlock them for playthrough purposes. Beating the game as Iceman was fun.
    Because I like metroidvanias.
    The thing with Megaman games is that for veterans they're always easy and once you've beaten them once they're very short games even with replayability in mind. I'm a huge fan of the metroidvanias style becuase you can keep the game fairly linear but still add cool bits of exploration, customization and secrets.

I think it would be neat to have an x game in that style where you can explore about and tackle any of the 8 bosses in order of first to last, but each time you beat one the others get more health/do more damage. Or say, once you've beaten 3 bosses the rest get a new attack or pattern, and once you've beaten 6 the remaining two gain yet another attack. The same could be applied to the main map, where things get stronger as you progress and even if you backtrack. Idk man I just think it's a great genre for Megaman.

ZX does all that. Why have the X series do what another Mega Man series already provides?
    It doesn't. You don't have access to all 8 bosses to begin with and have to go through some linear sections. It also doesn't flat out do anything I pitched above.

Regardless.....why not?
    Pretty sure that if you wanted a "link" from the X series to the (formal) Zero series for some reason, then X5 already provides that and everything past it is effectively its own universe (at present). That's the closest you're ever going to get for various reasons.

Reiraku wrote: »
    I still think Powered Up had the right idea. Beat the various robot masters to unlock them for playthrough purposes. Beating the game as Iceman was fun.

It still annoys me and surprises me that we never at least got a Mega Man: Powered-Up! 2 given how everyone and their mothers still have fond memories of Mega Man 2.

That's the "success" of the PSP for you though.

- P. G. Wodehouse
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 409
    Why dont they make a MMPowered up 2 on digital distribution (PSN, Steam etc...) is beyond me, the game was crazy fun. Heck so was Megaman X PSPver.

As far as storylines goes. Z ties in directly into Zx and both are other. The end of Zx2 is basically the tie in to Megaman Legends. And yeah Megaman X serie was supposed to end at X5 from a story viewpoint. And get into the Z serie.
    Instead of that neat ending, albeit a bit dark, we got shoestring budget X6 into the garbarge riot that was X7 and everything Axl touch turn to crap. Then they somewhat tried again to tie the story of X8 into Z...weird ass stuff.
    MM11 seem pretty boring. It doesnt look charming like powered up, it's just...plain. Like some random unity indie game with below-average gameplay.
    Why dont they make a MMPowered up 2 on digital distribution (PSN, Steam etc...) is beyond me, the game was crazy fun. Heck so was Megaman X PSPver.

As far as storylines goes. Z ties in directly into Zx and both are other. The end of Zx2 is basically the tie in to Megaman Legends. And yeah Megaman X serie was supposed to end at X5 from a story viewpoint. And get into the Z serie.
    Instead of that neat ending, albeit a bit dark, we got shoestring budget X6 into the garbarge riot that was X7 and everything Axl touch turn to crap. Then they somewhat tried again to tie the story of X8 into Z...weird ass stuff.
    MM11 seem pretty boring. It doesnt look charming like powered up, it's just...plain. Like some random unity indie game with below-average gameplay.

Legends was a separate unrelated timeline

And MM11 boring? The game still in alpha.
    Y'all got me agreeing with this dude, and I can't stand this dude's opinions most of the time:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file