MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Comments

• VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,197
    Who do you guys feel is the hardest character to play in this game? Spider-Man?
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

His combos are fun.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,905
    Notes

Reality stone is still good, if not better in some situations. Being on block is a pretty big deal.

Space stone nerf hits harder than it appears on the surface. Still a great stone but not as good at 50 percent. Def requires a bit more skill to use now

Dante is still really good, which is insane. You have a patch that changed almost everything on the character and not only is he still good but probably still top tier.

Dorm is still good, not free combo breakers is really all, and a bit less time to mix you up with thorns

Zero's actually have to step there Offense up now, no more converting huge damage off DP's and supers.

Chris hits like a truck now, that magnum shot is a problem.

Ultron is still good, HP is fair now. Still really good.

Bad Nova's were all over the place yesterday, lol. I expect a wave of nova players to come forth now.

Sounds like a righteous patch. Long as it don't F' with my coon traps I'm solid. Brand got hit but it's not like I get hit during Tornadoes....like ever. Sure I'll eat my words at some point. Think I'm going to give in and give WS a try just to try something new.

Granted every character except MH, RR, FB and sadly BP are new to me at this point ha!
    edited December 5
    Enjoying all three DLC characters..too bad I work today. I'll be hitting lab hard this weekend.
  • PLEXIKLASPLEXIKLAS Joined: Posts: 286
    @Evil Canadian Thx for the patch video! made the patch super easy to understand in 15min. awesome!
    @Evil Canadian Gotta share the vids here man.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,962 mod
    Black Widow seems overall like she'll be the first real technical execution character. Both in neutral and possibly combos. There are some characters that have hard combos, but with the way the game's scaling works you can usually settle for easier shit and do alright.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,767
    edited December 5
    Black Widow seems overall like she'll be the first real technical execution character. Both in neutral and possibly combos. There are some characters that have hard combos, but with the way the game's scaling works you can usually settle for easier shit and do alright.

Yup. Her F.HK covers a lot of distance and can be kara. She can get around advance guard really easy if you guess or bait them right. Its really deceptive.

Team Femme Fatal is a goooooooo. Black Widow/Gamora

THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • MegamanSteveMegamanSteve Joined: Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 5
    GhostTear wrote: »

this was pleasing to watch

That theme hits me right in the nostalgia feels, THAT shoulda been venoms theme
    "He who hesitates is lost"
    - Bass, MegaMan7
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,280
    DLC is now available on Steam too.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
    Good to see MameSpider going back to crack. Rocking the Webslingers too

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,197
    Damn if Spidey and Venom actually have good team chemistry that's gonna be a really popular and fun team to watch.

PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most

Do you know how he's getting 2 HK Venom Traps out consistently? It seems like it only randomly works for me in training mode.

Yo them traps.......okay. Maybe I will like Venom. Shit.
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 915
    DLC is now available on Steam too.

Thanks for the heads up. I was resigned to the fact that it was going to be tomorrow so gave up checking. :)
  • MaravillaMaravilla Joined: Posts: 276
    Haven't had time to play the update but biggest nerf to reality surge is it goes away if they hit you right? Also if it travels faster now is this a nerf?
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 I'm dreaming of a green Christmas Joined: Posts: 4,274

Spidey's up there, but I would have said Black Panther.
    Sounds like a lot of people think Widow is the new Viper, though, so that probably means she's the most difficult.
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • AlkiAlki Joined: Posts: 12

Do you know how he's getting 2 HK Venom Traps out consistently? It seems like it only randomly works for me in training mode.

You have to start the 2nd trap as the 1st trap is appearing. So it only works from far enough away that you can recover from the first trap as the trap is appearing.

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,280
    edited December 5
    6465 dmg with one bar with Venom and full carry from one corner to the other one. Let's gooo
    edit: 6.6k now
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,194

Yeah, Rocket/Venom/Space is a scary theory team.

Do Venom's traps persist after tag?
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,795
    So, is there any inescapable command grab reset with tag? Like making it so the guy will get hit in his prejump frames if he jumps, or get grabbed if he don't?
    I guess that would require a standing reset, and this kind of thing is rare, isn't it?
    Maybe there will be some shit with Nemesis AA grab+Venom trap that pierce the sky, but feel free to crush my dreams.
    Reticently wrote: »

Yeah, Rocket/Venom/Space is a scary theory team.

Do Venom's traps persist after tag?

Yup

disney really gonna buy fox...damn son...
    edited December 5
    So traps all day and an easy ass lazy man combo character in Venom? Shiiiiiet.
    Where's my Coon Symbiote Alt? I hear you like traps in your traps! So here we go.
    Coon space costume and anti venom. I'm going to leave WS alone until I have more
    time.

Here I go being a not so special snowflake and joining the legions of Venoms that will
    blot out the sun!
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,368
    Man I'm liking what I see with Winter soldier so far. It seems like his guns not piercing doesn't even matter. Man air qcf lk is huge he makes me not even care about any nerfs before his release.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod

Hmm, probably chun li imo.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    Ehh, Black Panther. Hella manual for the simplest shite.

What does this mean for MVCI?
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,368
    I think Winter Soldier is going to cause more salt than Gamora.
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 5
    Ok so my max is 5k meterless (6.2k with 1 bar) with Widow, anyone got better damage?
    Also what stone you guys rockin? I'm sticking with time atm, tried power but no dice.

I'm digging her so far but i feel she is not real, all her shit seems like gimmicks.
    No crossups aside from the zip down, no air coverage moves unless you just yolo "predictabo" air throw, no lockdown specials (got a lockdown super tho).

The shocker mechanic is cool as a concept but I'm not seeing the point, you can combo into the shock and use it in the same combo and most her specials and all her supers aside from the Ranbu cause the shock so it's basically always there.
    There's prob some real grimmy setups but they won't be a thing for a while. Maybe I just suck tho so we'll see.

Also I hate how her batons look like the anal probes from South park, they just look dumb.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    edited December 5
    Maravilla wrote: »

all the characters people want they may get

via wolverine, storm, deapool, etc.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,297
    For the first time I wish this was 3v,3

Playing bw and ws makes it clear MH was not for me
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,560
    @Evil Canadian Gotta share the vids here man.

ehhhh just feeling that im shilling if i do. I put the character ones in the appropriate char thread thats about it.
    Maravilla wrote: »

all the characters people want they may get

via wolverine, storm, deapool, etc.

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention!
    Just in time for season 2 of crack

I wouldn't be surprised if they have them mofos already designed in the back.

Damn that would be awesome!
  • flickyflicky Super Nintendo Chalmers Joined: Posts: 880
    Winter Soldier and Black Widow actually work really well as a team, especially with Time Stone. Both of them have bouncing projectiles and combined with teleports and her overhead hop, it makes seeing them things hard let alone reflecting them. She also has Shuma Gorath's eye balls so any hit seems like it leads to ridiculous shit. Both of them seem reset heavy, Bucky seems a bit of a Cable function and Black Widow seems a bit of a Jill function, screen control and mobility. I like them both.

Venom is just easy mode character, kind of similar to Sigma in the last DLC pack, with Black Panther and Monster Hunter being a lot more technical to use.