MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Comments

• WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 5,027
    Sounds about right, my luck to get hit with the lag stick playing my day 1 Thor haha!
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument Yo, this old man's a lancer. My real name is Hector. Have you heard of it? No? Well, nice to meet ya Joined: Posts: 1,980
    http://shoryuken.com/2018/01/08/srk-forums-to-close-at-the-end-of-january-2018/
    Unsure if you guys know, but posting regardless.

Make your plans for future communication.
    Stay golden, my friend!
    Sounds about right, and it comes at a pretty good time for me as well. With no SRK I'm not likely
    going to keep up with all the other social media buzz. I'm down to close this chapter. Honestly closing this shit will help me get my work done....granted...I'll probably end up back on IRC ha!
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,485
    Sounds about right, and it comes at a pretty good time for me as well. With no SRK I'm not likely
    going to keep up with all the other social media buzz. I'm down to close this chapter. Honestly closing this shit will help me get my work done....granted...I'll probably end up back on IRC ha!

Or on Discord, which is basically today's IRC for gamers.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
    I don't see people saying shit on discord most of the time. Doesn't serve as a proper distraction.
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,149
    Miss you too po
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • MegamanSteveMegamanSteve Joined: Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's been real. Sucks that it had to happen so soon cause I just came back to checking everyday since MvCi came out. Godspeed yall.
    "He who hesitates is lost"
    - Bass, MegaMan7
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 See you next fight... Joined: Posts: 4,313
    That suuuuuuuucks
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • The Comeback KidThe Comeback Kid Half Baked Joined: Posts: 203
    Did MvCi kill the forums? Lol.

Seriously tho, this sucks.
    Hey, you, get off my cloud
    You don't know me and you don't know my style
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,760
    Month 3 on finding the best partner for Nova besides Ultron and Dorm

Zero aint working out :(

I think cap/nova could be decent. Maybe I'll try to find some stuff before the forums disappear :'(
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,275
    There's very likely gonna be a new FGC forum. One to combine them all...
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • flickyflicky Why do people run from me? Joined: Posts: 979
    edited January 8
    Well fuck me sideways and call me Sally. I can't believe this is legit, this is SRK submitting defeat to EventHubs. How can Shoryuken, the people who bring us the Evo series, need to close the forums down? What about subscriptions? Some of these forums literally have tens of thousands of posts, they're hardly close to dead. It doesn't cost that much to keep a forum open, I'm genuinely confused as to why they need to do this. Please someone archive this shit because this site has some serious gold on it.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,564
    flicky wrote: »
    Well fuck me sideways and call me Sally. I can't believe this is legit, this is SRK submitting defeat to EventHubs. How can Shoryuken, the people who bring us the Evo series, need to close the forums down? What about subscriptions? Some of these forums literally have tens of thousands of posts, they're hardly close to dead. It doesn't cost that much to keep a forum open, I'm genuinely confused as to why they need to do this. Please someone archive this shit because this site has some serious gold on it.

Because Wiz didn't want to deal with it anymore. Chances are he's wanted to close it for years but just waited for other media options to become available to be "nice".
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,764 mod
    Did MvCi kill the forums? Lol.

Seriously tho, this sucks.

Yeah might as well make all the puns now. 2018 RIPn everybody and everything.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,716
    edited January 9
    Guys, @Darc Requiem has started a free zetaboard to try and connect everybody if/when SRK bites the dust.

There's more work to be done (such as character specific sub-forums), but it's a start:

http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/

The options aren't as good at SRK is, and I truly hope SRK can stay alive, but this seems to be a better option than Discord and Reddit to me.
    CFN: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    In on asylum forums.
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That Asylum forum doesnt even have a Sub Forum for Marvel.

SRK started off as forum for competitive players finding, sharing, discussing strategies. It bloomed opening to more people and more casual people which in turn helped slightly the growth of FGC. Helping the casuals turn into more serious players. It might tap the brakes just a bit on the FGC growth but community will bounce back in a different form whether its another FGC forum or twitter/discord/FB page whatever.

Anyways, I'm assuming Wizard does not want to keep hosting paying ect for the forums. He could have easily switched to a free-based no thrills forum to continue the SRK legacy.

Guess its been fun. Quick rant. Guess I'll see you guys when I see you guys.
  • nukynukertonnukynukerton Joined: Posts: 4
    What are the good discords for mvci? I'm on pc but listing all would be good probably

I joined one I saw on srk somewhere but I've seen some say there are/is better
    Seems only fitting that the end of SRK would result in the return of Cisco.

• ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,461
    So, now that you've been unbanned, how about that DLC reveal you promised over on GameFAQs...
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • CiscoCisco better than you Joined: Posts: 3,381 GOAT
    ES_Curse wrote: »
    So, now that you've been unbanned, how about that DLC reveal you promised over on GameFAQs...

I aint giving them anything. I was not unbanned because of them but apparently because this site is closing. It's obvious someone sees that the only hope of saving this site is to have the Greatest Poster return.

At the beginning, i thought it was just because of the poor metagame standings due to the bloggers in this board.
    The Greatest Poster of Shoryuken - Undefeated in Religion threads
    So you don't know shit. Got it.
    ES_Curse wrote: »
    So you don't know shit. Got it.

Of course i know shit, you piece of shit.
  • SepticFir8SepticFir8 Joined: Posts: 12
    Bummer about the forums closing. I kind of like it here. I guess I'll find another forum then.
    Zachara wrote: »
    I can't be bothered with a new forum, Discord is trash for anything more than 24 hours old, same with twitter and Reddit is just... yeah.
    I lurked here for years before making an account, I remember my first look at frame data and being like "Wtf is this? This is supposed to help me?" and it was through these forums that I learned to read it and apply it to make meaty setups, blockstrings and shit like that. I will miss coming here to read shit almost everyday, even if I had nothing to input.

Well it was an honour chatting shit with most of you.

Aye, I would say it's a sad day but I'm kind of relieved. I wouldn't be surprised if I slowly faded out of the scene. Shit I'm almost gone already.
    These forums kind of kept me coming back. Sure there's other places but eh. I don't like a lot of you motherfuckers but..

Old man line: "I wanna got where I can see, the face are all the same, I wanna go where everybody knows, my name."

Cheers fam.

WorstPlayer signing off for the last time.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,760
    Took a similar idea I have with my morrigan team and applied it to nova lol.

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,275
    I'll miss is seeing 100 new replies in a thread letting me know a new character trailer dropped.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    I won't miss 200 new replies in a thread about pointless arguing XD

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,939
    I won't miss Cisco and his autism.
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 666
    RIP

See you guys somewhere else, keep fighting the good fight.
    And fuck Zero
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Time-Cap.Marvel/Ryu, ?-Venom/?
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
    willseless wrote: »

It's kind of charming in its own way. Someone who adopted a troll persona for so long that it began to consume his entire mind, leaving behind what you see today. Sounds like a cool idea for one of those Chinese cartoons

Years from now people will remember who I am.

In just about 5 min, everybody else doesn't remember who the hell you are.

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,711
    It's been real here I guess. Just gonna join the various discords to keep in touch
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • Hero_PandaHero_Panda Joined: Posts: 565
    Just when I'm getting back on the MvCI fix...
    It's been real y'all. Taught me so much and I returned very little, if anything at all.

Hopefully I'll see you folks on another outlet.
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,939
    Cisco wrote: »

Years from now people will remember who I am.

In just about 5 min, everybody else doesn't remember who the hell you are.

Rather not being remembered than being remembered as a joke.
    I wish I could forget about him.
    But not for the reasons he thinks.

• flickyflicky Why do people run from me? Joined: Posts: 979
    It's a bit like being a serial killer or something, you get outcast from society and everyone remembers you for acting like a dumbass.