MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Comments

• AlkipotAlkipot Mayoral Upper! Joined: Posts: 2,033
    @Evil Canadian I can’t get the dash cancel outta arm block to work in that first combo, what am I missing?
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,519
    Alkipot wrote: »
    @Evil Canadian I can’t get the dash cancel outta arm block to work in that first combo, what am I missing?

for after gunshot lp arm, gotta let it rest for a split second else you gonna get the HP arm to come out.
  • AlkipotAlkipot Mayoral Upper! Joined: Posts: 2,033
    edited December 6
    Ok, figured it out. Apparently you can only double punch dash outta arm block punch and not pad double tap. Weird.
    Post edited by Alkipot on
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
    also dis now

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 I'm dreaming of a green Christmas Joined: Posts: 4,270
    Venom is like Sigma 2.0
    Getting first hit can be tricky, but ALL the easy confirms and damage once you get that hit.
    I don't know if I'll be adding him to my rotation, but... I might.

Mechanically, Bucky seems good. But he's still WAY too boring for my taste

I want to play Black Widow...
    But I don't think I have the skill to make her work. :sad:
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    Venom is like Sigma 2.0
    Getting first hit can be tricky, but ALL the easy confirms and damage once you get that hit.

If the first hit for venom is tricky its not very sigma like at all!

sigma just mash charge all day every day
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,006
    Welp, more Disney/Fox merger talks - http://collider.com/disney-fox-deal
    Well it looks like that Disney-Fox merger might happen after all. Early last month, word surfaced that Disney had engaged in talks to buy assets from 21st Century Fox, including the film studio and non-broadcast TV parts like FX and National Geographic. At the time, talks had cooled and the two studios weren’t actively in negotiations, but there was always the possibility that those talks could resume. According to CNBC, they have. The outlet reports that not only are talks back on, but they’re closing in on a deal that could be announced as early as next week. The value of the Fox assets is more than $60 billion, which makes the purchase of Lucasfilm seem like chump change in hindsight.

As previously reported if the deal goes through, Disney would buy Fox’s movie and television production assets, while Fox could keep its news, sports, and the broadcast network Fox. The sale arose when 21st Century Fox executives decided they couldn’t compete as well in the marketplace with their film studio (which is hogwash) and instead wanted to focus on honing the news and sports portions of the company.

The specifics of the deal in terms of how things change is wildly unclear. It’s possible Disney keeps Fox as a “separate” studio like Lucasfilm or Marvel Studios and sets up its own executives and hierarchy. Or it’s possible portions of 20th Century Fox (the film studio) are moved to existing Disney assets, like bringing all the superhero movies to Marvel Studios, etc.
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,187
    edited December 6
    Gotta be 'that guy' and remind that the merger could happen tomorrow and that doesn't necessarily mean FF or X-Men characters in this game. If the rumors hold true perhaps some X-Men are coming anyway, but it's unlikely Capcom is just waiting on a merger to start character development.

Not to mention Marvel expressly wanted to push the MCU, which XM and FF still wouldn't show up in until at least Phase 4.5, which is 4-5 years away.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    We gonna get Fantastic Four, but turns out its gonna be the FF from the era where they all had giant fuck off guns and flak jackets

5261623799708.jpg
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 892
    edited December 6
    Gotta be 'that guy' and remind that the merger could happen tomorrow and that doesn't necessarily mean FF or X-Men characters in this game. If the rumors hold true perhaps some X-Men are coming anyway, but it's unlikely Capcom is just waiting on a merger to start character development.

Not to mention Marvel expressly wanted to push the MCU, which XM and FF still wouldn't show up in until at least Phase 4.5, which is 4-5 years away.

If Marvel gets X Men they will shove them into the MCU as fast as possible just like how getting Spiderman made them change things at the drop of a hat despite having be so close to Infinity Wars.
  • The Comeback KidThe Comeback Kid Half Baked Joined: Posts: 193
    Finally played venom and black widow. Venom is fun as hell, very easy to pick up. I did training for like 2 minutes and jumped into casual matches. His easy hyper is really fast n dirty when he's on the far left or far right. Widow is gonna take some getting used to and I hope she's worth the trouble. Haven't tried Bucky yet.

I bought a ps4 specifically for this game and I'm basically a MvC fanboy, but with the first season out now, this is the game we should have gotten at launch. It now feels like a full package. Sucks it cost 90 instead of 60 for it all, and that the costumes aren't included in the season pass, but the game really is fun.
    Hey, you, get off my cloud
    You don't know me and you don't know my style
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,765
    Finally played venom and black widow. Venom is fun as hell, very easy to pick up. I did training for like 2 minutes and jumped into casual matches. His easy hyper is really fast n dirty when he's on the far left or far right. Widow is gonna take some getting used to and I hope she's worth the trouble. Haven't tried Bucky yet.

I bought a ps4 specifically for this game and I'm basically a MvC fanboy, but with the first season out now, this is the game we should have gotten at launch. It now feels like a full package. Sucks it cost 90 instead of 60 for it all, and that the costumes aren't included in the season pass, but the game really is fun.

Felt the same way too. MVCI felt like UMVC3 2.0 because of all the returning characters and only 5 new characters. With the new 6 it feels more new and even refreshing to see faces we haven't been accustomed to since MVC3.

It only gets better now at this point. What I hope to see? If they do a season pass.

6 new characters. 4 Cap/2 Mar
    New or Continuation of Story Mode
    New Wave of Costumes
    New Stages
    More ways to use surges of stones. (Ex. Space stone push back)
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,898
    edited December 6
    MvCI felt like a brand new game to me because of 2 v 2, the tag system and I couldn't play for shit. Fucking 2 months to get muscle memory.

Fuck that noise.

(Oh and NOTHING in this game plays like DOK/Dorm/Doom)
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 542
    Made a Black Widow player rage quit today.

Using Sigma's counter vs her bombs makes Sigma teleport behind her, which really seemed to piss off the poor guy since I used it quite a bit.
    Rip sig.
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 662
    Tried to find an infinite for Venom with Time Storm looping the "shark" and Venom Rush

Didn't work
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Time-Cap.Marvel/Ryu, ?-Venom/?
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 542
    Also, as it turns out if you do Sigma's counter against Widow's bombs and Widow tags out before it blows up, Sigma will teleport to wherever BW was when the tag button was pressed.
    Rip sig.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,915
    edited December 6
    Winter Soldier must have pocketed whatever the Russians were on when the Olympic committee banned them when WS escaped the Kremlin. He hits harder than Gigas!
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 913
    edited December 6
    GhostTear wrote: »
    holy

Don't get me wrong, that was pretty cool.
    But I'm triggered once again by the word "Cable" at the start.

Unrelated - I spent 2 and a half hours trying to figure out this Black Widow combo I was working on when I realised she could cancel he DD+P into KK and then my hands decided they were going to do what they wanted now. She is stupid fun and I would argue has the most going on out of the whole cast at this point. Maybe I'm just excited but I feel like I'm pressing so many buttons it sounds like I'm playing on a hitbox but I'm not.
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,725
    Zachara wrote: »
    holy

Unrelated - I spent 2 and a half hours trying to figure out this Black Widow combo I was working on when I realised she could cancel he DD+P into KK and then my hands decided they were going to do what they wanted now. She is stupid fun and I would argue has the most going on out of the whole cast at this point. Maybe I'm just excited but I feel like I'm pressing so many buttons it sounds like I'm playing on a hitbox but I'm not.

She is quite technical. The jill function of the game for sure. I guess the bigger question is it worth it? We will see.

Post this here for lulz and more visibility on what she can do.

"Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    @Alkipot

i make cambos

I hate people like you :(

Good stuff
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,266
    Jesus those web recapture loops. Desk always finds the craziest things
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,765
    holy

yeah they hardly share any resemblance let alone play the same way. really annoying
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,619 mod
    holy

My execution is trash but she feels good. *giggity*

I'll probably use her more like a marvel version of makoto personally
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,610
    How u lern da cawmbos so quik?

Apes are a more advanced species than us mere humans
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 913
    holy

My execution is trash but she feels good. *giggity*

I know that feel. My hands are struggling to play her but it doesn't matter due to how good she feels to play.
    Worst thing for me is I love execution heavy characters because they've generally got the craziest stuff so I can theory craft a tonne.
    Shame I make it look like I'm actually trying to play them with stumps instead of hands.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 I'm dreaming of a green Christmas Joined: Posts: 4,270
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    Venom is like Sigma 2.0

If the first hit for venom is tricky its not very sigma like at all!

sigma just mash charge all day every day

Haha, you're not wrong. Air Venom Fang kind of fills that role, too (though not as well since it doesn't have armor)
    I meant more that neither Venom or Sigma have great solo mixup options. They have them, but they aren't as dirty/oppressive as the best characters.
    Obviously a teammate helps offset this a lot, and once they have the hit say good bye to half your life bar.
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,610
    edited December 6
    Chun-li/Black Widow, team exclusive for Korean StarCraft players
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,915
    Actual conversation I just had with my clinical director.

""This client I want you to observe is really big into video games. If you want to play with him we'd appreciate it."
    "OK cool, what does he like?"
    "Marvel vs Capcom Infinite."

And some of you guys pretend that filthy casuals don't want to press buttons in this game...
  • RawwStewageRawwStewage Joined: Posts: 895
    Is there anywhere where the unlisted patch changes are being put together? Such as hawkeye's ice arrow having more recovery and space stone meter going down on hit during storm.
    Practice more post less
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,273
    RAW_Guts wrote: »

If Marvel gets X Men they will shove them into the MCU as fast as possible just like how getting Spiderman made them change things at the drop of a hat despite having be so close to Infinity Wars.

In fairness to this, they had been planning Spidey's inclusion since the first Avengers movie since Marvel and Sony were actually on good terms. They just couldn't get the deal done fast enough.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,792
    Is there anywhere where the unlisted patch changes are being put together? Such as hawkeye's ice arrow having more recovery and space stone meter going down on hit during storm.

The space part. It always did.
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 6
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Actual conversation I just had with my clinical director.

""This client I want you to observe is really big into video games. If you want to play with him we'd appreciate it."
    "OK cool, what does he like?"
    "Marvel vs Capcom Infinite."

And some of you guys pretend that filthy casuals don't want to press buttons in this game...

What subject/field is this..psych?