Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Comments

• appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,266
    who the fuck is john d?

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,189
    So i guess there wont be a season 2 DLC.

I wouldn't say that. It's not a guarantee, but I believe there is a chance of Season 2 happening if the community shows its dedication and is vocal enough. I'm just really into this game and want to see more from it.

As unfortunate as it may sound, I don't think Capcom cares too much about what the community does with the game. The community will play the game regardless of what happens as we are seeing right now. It's the other guys they need to captivate. If there isn't a possibility to attract the general public to the game again with a profitable Season 2, I don't think they will do it. Marvel Infinite can be a part of every major from here until EVO and I don't think it would sway Capcom's mindset UNLESS they were to some how do right by EVERYONE and convince them to give Infinite another chance.

The amount of work and polish that Capcom would have to do to make the FGC give Infinite another try is probably more work than Capcom is cut out for, which is why I think they won't do it.
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 625

I wouldn't say that. It's not a guarantee, but I believe there is a chance of Season 2 happening if the community shows its dedication and is vocal enough. I'm just really into this game and want to see more from it.

As unfortunate as it may sound, I don't think Capcom cares too much about what the community does with the game. The community will play the game regardless of what happens as we are seeing right now. It's the other guys they need to captivate. If there isn't a possibility to attract the general public to the game again with a profitable Season 2, I don't think they will do it. Marvel Infinite can be a part of every major from here until EVO and I don't think it would sway Capcom's mindset UNLESS they were to some how do right by EVERYONE and convince them to give Infinite another chance.

The amount of work and polish that Capcom would have to do to make the FGC give Infinite another try is probably more work than Capcom is cut out for, which is why I think they won't do it.

I have to agree with this.

I remember Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 only getting like 2-3 patches because of a simple deadline from Marvel but honestly, I think not only the dealine for Infinite has passed, but so has any real chance of Capcom bothering to fix the game has disappeared as well.

BUT, maybe Capcom could try and do something if people showed dedication to it regardless.
    BUT, I also disagree with the fact that the vocal minority or whatever destroyed the game because it's kinda hard to say vocal minority when almost everyone and their mothers shat on the game. It's disparaging and can really make a company know they fucked up but it's worse when Capcom has done nothing to sway people into buying the game, no delays, barely any touchups past Chun-Li(when again there is far worse face models that people was pointing out) or the presentation as a whole.

Not to mention Capcom is still a business and there needs to be a reason to waste money for all of these fixes which with AE it was the chance to right the wrong that they pulled with SFV(which I'm not even sure if it's a success outside of people who already have SFV to be frank.) but there really is none with MvC:I and that's the thing that makes it harder to see them bothering.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • CiscoCisco better than you Joined: Posts: 3,383 GOAT
    People are likely just burned out. Sure, Marvel is getting shitted on and being kicked to the curb while DBFZ, NRS games, etc are making the stage but I think those games are "fireworks" displays.

Their lifespan will probably be short. What will likely happen is that people will end up craving for Marvel once all the hype for the other new games are done (i'll give it a year until people want to return to Marvel) because their is very little that can be explored in some of these new FG's that people are jacking off to.

DBFZ looks like a girls game to me and i just think that people will have everything figured out with this game by late summer, which means that it's metagame will get boring pretty fast.

Marvel will come back once people realize the shallowness of the current evo features and how they just didn't create the same kind of emotional hype Marvel events have for so many years.

You also have to remember. SRK almost died itself, until I returned and saved this site in less than 2 days.
    The Greatest Poster of Shoryuken - Undefeated in Religion threads
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 Don't make me use this Joined: Posts: 4,351
    Zatalcon wrote: »

Anyone complaining about "X-men" and "social issues" must not realize what the whole point of the X-men franchise is about.
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer They called me, Mr. Pig. Joined: Posts: 5,146
    edited February 12

I remember when the the first thing people thought on random post was probably fake. Which if you read the damn post it is if you know anything about Disney
    despite being a big company being relatively liberal. (It was one of the first company to give partner benefits for gay people for instance.) No wonder people are
    so damn confused nowadays when any joe shmoe post that illicits a feeling gets reposted.
  • MaravillaMaravilla Joined: Posts: 342
    Why would Disney want to kill off the xmen? A franchise that's popular worldwide? Also who the fuck are the inhumans? Wtf?
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 12

Not legit at all.

Marvel ressurected Jean Grey after more than a decade being dead and X-Men Red has received lots of praise plus Iceman among others.

The X-Men are finally getting their good mojo back so it makes absolutely zero sense to shut them down seeing as they are a money machine for Marvel.

Fake rumor.

Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    MvCI: Gamora/Thanos, Thor/Arthur, Venom/Sigma, Ghost Rider/Megaman X
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • MythicMndMythicMnd Joined: Posts: 21
    lol nothing in that steam post makes any sense
  • SaitsuSaitsu No Longer Fantasy, This Is Reality Joined: Posts: 35,869
    It's simple. "People always find what they're looking for". If you want something to be the case, you'll take any opportunity, even a completely baseless rumor, to use it to fulfill what you want to be the case. It's why The Usual Suspects worked as well as it did both in reality and in the movie. You try to believe in something so much you don't bother to take what you're given with any sort of contempt.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,232 mod
    If you wanted to kill something, you wouldn't buy it. Obviously.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,189

This is so absurd. Not believable at all.
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Legend II wrote: »
    This is the kind of nonsense that has damaged this game.

All these fake and stupid rumors targeting it.

I never seen a game and a solid game at that, receive so much toxic stupidity and drama all around it.

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Hence why I feel like the FGC has passed me by.

Do you guys remember last November when that NeoGAF guy spread a false rumor that Capcom was filing for bankruptcy, citing an article that you could have done a 1-second google search for to realize he didn't exist, and didn't even post his source? The day that went out, it started getting some buzz on twitter as Maximillian retweeted it, apparently thinking it was true. I caught up a couple of hours before I left work, and then went to the gym and came home to see that Capcom was now trending on twitter. I thought if it had gone that viral that perhaps there was some credence, but nope. Everyone just wanted to nut themselves dreaming about Capcom selling off their IPs to whoever and it wasn't until like 8 PM that someone finally called the guy out, and the buzz eventually died off.

People wanna get so caught up in their hate trains that they can't even check their sources. That's basically what happened to MVCI. There was negative buzz about the game that it ultimately never recovered from, people were calling players who liked the game "shills" for a long time. My favorite insult it got was that MVCI "was inspired by SFxT's engine" like that was a bad thing. They didn't even explain why that was bad, it was just that statement, which by itself is pretty neutral, was used as a weakness. Considering a lot of players who cut their nails in SFxT are now doing very well in other games (Coolkid and Esuta in SFV, and Fergus in Tekken 7), I'm not sure how that's a bad thing.

MVCI basically became the pariah for all things people hated about Capcom in the FGC.

It's the Russians.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU RIP Mahvel 2017-2017 Joined: Posts: 11,286
    Psychoblue wrote: »

I never seen a game and a solid game at that, receive so much toxic stupidity and drama all around it.

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Hence why I feel like the FGC has passed me by.

Do you guys remember last November when that NeoGAF guy spread a false rumor that Capcom was filing for bankruptcy, citing an article that you could have done a 1-second google search for to realize he didn't exist, and didn't even post his source? The day that went out, it started getting some buzz on twitter as Maximillian retweeted it, apparently thinking it was true. I caught up a couple of hours before I left work, and then went to the gym and came home to see that Capcom was now trending on twitter. I thought if it had gone that viral that perhaps there was some credence, but nope. Everyone just wanted to nut themselves dreaming about Capcom selling off their IPs to whoever and it wasn't until like 8 PM that someone finally called the guy out, and the buzz eventually died off.

People wanna get so caught up in their hate trains that they can't even check their sources. That's basically what happened to MVCI. There was negative buzz about the game that it ultimately never recovered from, people were calling players who liked the game "shills" for a long time. My favorite insult it got was that MVCI "was inspired by SFxT's engine" like that was a bad thing. They didn't even explain why that was bad, it was just that statement, which by itself is pretty neutral, was used as a weakness. Considering a lot of players who cut their nails in SFxT are now doing very well in other games (Coolkid and Esuta in SFV, and Fergus in Tekken 7), I'm not sure how that's a bad thing.

MVCI basically became the pariah for all things people hated about Capcom in the FGC.

It's the Russians.

Wha chu say?
    Fighting Game Mains:
    - USFIV - Fei Long
    - SFV - Ryu
    - UMVC3 - Akuma/Iron Fist/Ghost Rider
    - KOFXIV - Ryo/Geese/Kim
    - Xrd - Ky & Kum
    - DBFZ* - Trunks/Yamcha/Gohan
    - UNI[ST]* - Enkidu
    - Tekken 7 - Hwoarang & Kazuya
    *to be purchased
  • AcidicEnemaAcidicEnema Joined: Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...

The only good thing you can say about this game is that it's combat engine is solid... Which would have worked in 1997, but it's 2018... We've seen better, we HAVE better.

EVERYTHING else about this game is trash. Crap visuals. Lifeless UI and menus. Dull, forgettable music. A roster that NO ONE can get hype for outside of like 4-5 characters. Voice direction straight out of a Harmony Gold anime dub from 1987. The worst PR campaign since DmC. The audacity of the first trailer since the teaser shoving DLC and Season Pass bullshit in our faces with absolutely no shame or forethought on the implications of selling additional content before we ever decided if the base game was worth buying. The shill, yes shill ass "pros" and their yes men fans hyping this shit up like their paychecks depended on it (because they did) despite having "functioning" eyes and ears.

The absolutely disgusting, disingenuous, soulless feeling this game gives off, as it was made by committee and not desire that permeates every fiber of this product... A feeling that is magnified X1000 when held up to the absolutely stunning love letter to fans that is DBFZ...

This shit was doomed from jump, and has earned every bit of criticism and backlash it received. Don't you DARE try to argue otherwise and expect to be taken seriously.

The "haters" didn't kill Marvel, YOU did by not manning up, facing facts about it's flaws and doing something other than digging your heads into this sandbox of a forum and hoping we'd all get "left behind".

For every 10 Pos that flamed the fuck out of this crap, 5 @DevilJin 01 s sat silent when they could have been using their shill connections to get something done and save this sinking ship.

Shillville got blown up, but I ain't the one that dropped the nuke-- Your boys at Capcom and their self-appointed PR agents like DevilShill01 did that.

Still salty about being banned eh? Even when you've "won", you act in pathetically small ways. Really sad.
    "You don't always get what you want. GG was dead for years outside of a few communities before they got xrd. Tekken was defacto dead after ttt2 too. Shit was on life support.

Growing up I learned to just be happy with what you have or move on. I wanted evo to have more variety too. Instead we have 3 anime games, and 2 smash games. I wanted kof14 to release with better graphics so it had more of a scene. Sadly life gives you what you got so you might as well hold the L and click rematch.

People used to come out for these games for the love not the admiration." - Negative-Zer0
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 524

You want it. ok. Still not going to happen. I posted right after the last DLC batch that it was weird they didnt announce anything after BoF. And the "leak list" were looking a lot more like "wishlist". I'd love nothing more to be wrong on this. But Capcom wont pay to make DLC when their projection with it is "it wont even recup the cost of the 50k server fee sony and microsoft are asking.".

MVCi is a game with fun gameplay. Horrendous mobile grade quality graphics for half the cast. And was plagued with shitty balancing from the get go.
    It's the "why you should either do it right or never do it at all" of fighting game.
    I still think there will be some more DLC because it's already been made but if there's not. Who cares.

• PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 3,079
    edited February 12

You want it. ok. Still not going to happen. I posted right after the last DLC batch that it was weird they didnt announce anything after BoF. And the "leak list" were looking a lot more like "wishlist". I'd love nothing more to be wrong on this. But Capcom wont pay to make DLC when their projection with it is "it wont even recup the cost of the 50k server fee sony and microsoft are asking.".

MVCi is a game with fun gameplay. Horrendous mobile grade quality graphics for half the cast. And was plagued with shitty balancing from the get go.
    It's the "why you should either do it right or never do it at all" of fighting game.
    Apart from like 4 characters this game is actually pretty balanced right now once you understand the object of the game, and those 4 characters just need slight numbers moves around to help them out.

EDIT: I missed this completely, but Deviljin, if you have any shill connections see what needs to be done to get a PS4/XB1/Steamworks port of SFxT v2013 up and running!
    Post edited by Psychoblue on
    I gotta say GG's for UnSaxon for an ol' bastard who downplays himself it was gg's.
    Even better you stuck around for all 10 even though you didn't win 1. That's what's
    up. Connection actually seemed decent too.

Helped me decompress for sure, was stressing out. Now I remember why I came back
    to fighters. Win/lose it gets that frustration out off of real life BS with fake BS. Any other
    SRK heads want to play me on steam holla:

steamcommunity.com/id/playmeandwin
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 Don't make me use this Joined: Posts: 4,351
    @WorstPlayer I don't mind getting hit with the cheap stuff as long as I know that I deserved to be hit. :wink:

And even though I didn't win any, I felt like I was at least holding my own (except in that one almost Perfect game haha).
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    edited February 12
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    @WorstPlayer I don't mind getting hit with the cheap stuff as long as I know that I deserved to be hit. :wink:

And even though I didn't win any, I felt like I was at least holding my own (except in that one almost Perfect game haha).

I don't remember that one. Games were all pretty close. I think once you switched out Sigma
    we had more of a game going. Your Sigma team was really more about me fucking up than
    anything else. (which really is what Sigma and characters like him do best, gatekeepers against sloppy play.)

Both of us don't Luminous Body for shit I noticed.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,538 admin
    po pimpus wrote: »
    For every 10 Pos that flamed the fuck out of this crap, 5 @DevilJin 01 s sat silent when they could have been using their shill connections to get something done and save this sinking ship.

Shillville got blown up, but I ain't the one that dropped the nuke-- Your boys at Capcom and their self-appointed PR agents like DevilShill01 did that.

@po pimpus Everyone knows you dislike MvCi and that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion.
    I am sick and tired however of you calling out everyone and their dog being shills etc.

You don't add anything productive to the MvCi subforum so please refrain from posting here, other mods have told you this before.
    Well said and agreed. :tup:

i film things

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Po was the only reason this thread was fun.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 625
    Cisco wrote: »
    People are likely just burned out. Sure, Marvel is getting shitted on and being kicked to the curb while DBFZ, NRS games, etc are making the stage but I think those games are "fireworks" displays.

Their lifespan will probably be short. What will likely happen is that people will end up craving for Marvel once all the hype for the other new games are done (i'll give it a year until people want to return to Marvel) because their is very little that can be explored in some of these new FG's that people are jacking off to.

DBFZ looks like a girls game to me and i just think that people will have everything figured out with this game by late summer, which means that it's metagame will get boring pretty fast.

Marvel will come back once people realize the shallowness of the current evo features and how they just didn't create the same kind of emotional hype Marvel events have for so many years.

You also have to remember. SRK almost died itself, until I returned and saved this site in less than 2 days.

I'm not sure if this is a joke post or not so I'll just pretend it's only slightly serious.
    Dragonball fans are known to practically stay on anything Dragonball for a good couple of years if not moreso. I've seen people still play Xenoverse on the PS3 and I know there's still plenty who play Xenoverse 2 even now.

Thinking DBFZ is going to die out quickly isn't happening even in a fake scenario.

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

Hell no, KOFXIV literally died for less! Marvel Infinite has so many issues that it wouldn't have mattered if no one talked about the game, it still would have sold dog shit simply because of Capcom's continuous blunders finally hitting critical mass.

• KillaFoxKillaFox Resident Savage Joined: Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭✭ Junior OG
    MvCi is kinda ass tho. He could’ve summed his synopsis up in a few words.
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,936
    I want to believe something amazing would still happen.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

DBFZ Optimization of other forms : Design Ideas Fusion Character | * Rose, Black & Zamasu in one character? | * SSJB & Kaoiken not as a multiple form and multiple power-up | *

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Pikon
    2.) Hit
    3.) Super Janemba
    4.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    5.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    6.) Caulifa
    7.) Kale
    8.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    9.) Rose with Zamasu
    10.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards
    New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,586
    The best thing I can say in MvCI's defense is that we definitely aren't seeing another fast-paced Capcom fighter in the next few years, so it's always going to have a handful of hangers-on that will run 6-man tournaments at majors.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,773
    edited February 13
    @po pimpus

Your anger makes me happy when I feel sad. I love that you spend time here, despite the fact you have DBZF. You must really love MVCi. :)

Didn't realise Po got banned. Oh well.
    Post edited by Intuitive2011 on
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration