Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Comments

• Master_BelmontMaster_Belmont Joined: Posts: 37
    I want to believe something amazing would still happen.

You're not alone.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 3,079
    TONIGHT, the lights come back on.

PC players, join us tonight at 9 PM EST at

The TO has recovered from the superflu, the Ranbats are back on.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer They called me, Mr. Pig. Joined: Posts: 5,146
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    TONIGHT, the lights come back on.

PC players, join us tonight at 9 PM EST at

The TO has recovered from the superflu, the Ranbats are back on.

Cool if I got time I'll come through with my Dragon Scales!
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 14
    He said he got Wolverine vs Ryu. I stopped watching it after he said that. Also, nothing new here kids just some non-marvel player fishing for easy likes.
  • MaravillaMaravilla Joined: Posts: 342
    Are those guys the devs?
    Eventhough we've been talking a while about this, i still can't understand why MVCI isn't at evo. I don't get why JWONG or anybody won't say anything about it or against it; why won't they play it? The gameplay is not as bad and would probably be more exciting to watch than what we have at evo now.

What gives?
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Passing Bystander Joined: Posts: 150
    edited February 14
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    Eventhough we've been talking a while about this, i still can't understand why MVCI isn't at evo. I don't get why JWONG or anybody won't say anything about it or against it; why won't they play it? The gameplay is not as bad and would probably be more exciting to watch than what we have at evo now.

What gives?

The gameplay have a respect. But the roster inclusions however... like certain X-Men such as Wolverine & Sentinel mostly, even Akuma & Wesker, something the EP1 Storyline lack of.
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.

https://larsmasters.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Why would anyone care about ep1 storyline?
    Zatalcon wrote: »

What gives?

Gameplay is amazing, not not as bad. Much better than most that are going to evo, which is shitty.

Also what's riduculous is the devs not saying anything. I mean from the start it looked like they WANTED this game to fail, wtf man?
  • AsuraXgunnerAsuraXgunner Joined: Posts: 23
    been taking a few days to avoid all the “no marvel at evo” or “marvels dead” business. I was wondering besides Jako Man is there any other YouTube or twitch streamers that I should be following?
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, if anything, Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution didn't make it to Evolution 2005 either.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    been taking a few days to avoid all the “no marvel at evo” or “marvels dead” business. I was wondering besides Jako Man is there any other YouTube or twitch streamers that I should be following?

Yeah, I'm going to start some drama and keep a regular Marvel Stream popping soon. I'll post up and become one of the brave in the next week.
    Just getting the branding taken care of. I genuinely like this game even though it sucks. I know sounds ridiculous but it's the only fighter with my
    dragon scales.
    edited February 14
    The lobby was great!

https://twitch.tv/videos/228827157

MVCI started at around the 1 hour mark.
    I'm just a gamer/troper whose just passing by. The answers lies in the Heart of Battle.

edited February 18
    -DELETED- move to above. please skip this
    Post edited by LarsMasters on

The lobby was great!

Couldn't find your lobby ha, post the code next time.

The lobby was great!

Couldn't find your lobby ha, post the code next time.

I'm not the TO, you'll need to actually go into the twitch chat next time and request that you want in.
  • GitsumGitsum Joined: Posts: 97
    Man, there was this Arthur/ Strange timestone team that trolled me hard. I was using Hawkeye/ BP power and he would kill my BP and then run the time out. Leveled up my Hawkeye/ X mindstone team and proceeded to punish raw teleports, block covered teleport mix-ups, and win 2-1. I love this game!
    Gitsum!
  • Master_BelmontMaster_Belmont Joined: Posts: 37
    Gitsum wrote: »
    Man, there was this Arthur/ Strange timestone team that trolled me hard. I was using Hawkeye/ BP power and he would kill my BP and then run the time out. Leveled up my Hawkeye/ X mindstone team and proceeded to punish raw teleports, block covered teleport mix-ups, and win 2-1. I love this game!

Funny, I think I've run into that guy before.
  • SonicabidSonicabid You're a disease, and I'm the cure. Joined: Posts: 12,497

Funny, I think I've run into that guy before.

Would he do raw level 3's with Arthur followed by a tag-in with Strange and then constant Timestone/Teleport spam to cross you up while Arthurs level 3 was still going on? If so I think I played against him too. :lol:
    Yakuza 6 day juan.
  • AsuraXgunnerAsuraXgunner Joined: Posts: 23
    I am guessing the guy your talking about is on the ps4 network and is between 10th to 8th rank. If that is the case then I fought him a while back.
    So it's about time we did an MvCI SRK Round Robin with my steam heads. We got who?
    Unsaxon
    PsychoBlue
    WorstPlayer

Who else?
    So it's about time we did an MvCI SRK Round Robin with my steam heads. We got who?
    Unsaxon
    PsychoBlue
    WorstPlayer

Who else?

We could round up SCMike, Emily Lux, and a couple other people from the other Discord I reckon.

Just not this week please. Apart from Lag Stone taking place this weekend I'm going to be at Xanadu.
    edited February 15
    Damn fighting games on PC be gasping for air lol! I wonder how these numbers would look on PS4. The culling of DBFZ's casual population is insane. 10K players to 3K? Wow.
    Damn fighting games on PC be gasping for air lol! I wonder how these numbers would look on PS4. The culling of DBFZ's casual population is insane. 10K players to 3K? Wow.

DBFZ lost almost 14x the playerbase on PC in 3 weeks that MVCI got in its entire lifetime.
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 524
    So i guess there wont be a season 2 DLC.

I wouldn't say that. It's not a guarantee, but I believe there is a chance of Season 2 happening if the community shows its dedication and is vocal enough. I'm just really into this game and want to see more from it.

You want it. ok. Still not going to happen. I posted right after the last DLC batch that it was weird they didnt announce anything after BoF. And the "leak list" were looking a lot more like "wishlist". I'd love nothing more to be wrong on this. But Capcom wont pay to make DLC when their projection with it is "it wont even recup the cost of the 50k server fee sony and microsoft are asking.".

MVCi is a game with fun gameplay. Horrendous mobile grade quality graphics for half the cast. And was plagued with shitty balancing from the get go.
    It's the "why you should either do it right or never do it at all" of fighting game.
    Apart from like 4 characters this game is actually pretty balanced right now once you understand the object of the game, and those 4 characters just need slight numbers moves around to help them out.

EDIT: I missed this completely, but Deviljin, if you have any shill connections see what needs to be done to get a PS4/XB1/Steamworks port of SFxT v2013 up and running!

Too bad they didnt balance the obviously broken Dante&Dorm at the start. People were theorizing "Dante god tier to pull in casuals" turns out casuals practicly never came over and Dante-SSStier-again bored the shit of veteran after a month. (then when he was nerfed to normaldom a glitch was discovered that put him back on the pedestal for another month and then some before it was finally resolved.). This combined with the lack of communication from capcom's part and Disney's whole "Dont e-sport our stuff peasants". Never got the optimism going in the community.

I didn't see too many people exploiting the glitch in the general space. Dante definitely pissed a lot of people off though because crazy cool style is only crazy cool and stylish when the characters new. Now seeing all that shit is really ho-hum especially with the lowered execution barrier.

Overall though? It's the gameplay that drove off the FGC. In NyC a lot of the MvC3 vets tried to stick with it but too different, too much BS, like they doubled down on the stuff people complained about
    in MvC3 mechanic wise, and really? Noone really likes the Stone surge mechanic. (It fucks with the match too much and hearing them call it out constantly is annoying. At least with realities nerf it ceased
    being AS annoying, but Power is really close. Steam is filled with almost nothing but Power and Soul users. The power users entire gameplay surrounds the surge. Spamming space and others outside of a lockdown will get you killed after all)
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 Don't make me use this Joined: Posts: 4,351
    Unsaxon
    PsychoBlue
    WorstPlayer

Who else?

It would be hard for me to coordinate with y'all what with the 3 hour time difference, but if we could work it out I'd totally be down.
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,381 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I'm not surprised. There are hella casuals on Steam. As people get a lot better playing online, they are just going to drop it and move on to the new thing.

There will still be a strong playerbase on PC tho. I'd rather play the same people who don't suck rather than a gaggle who are questionable at the game.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
    It dropped that much?

• King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 524
    Maravilla wrote: »
    It dropped that much?

Nah it's still around 6k peak everyday.
    8,000 people dropped off in 3 weeks since it's been out. Granted there's still an average of 10K but still that's crazy. Just shows you how niche fighters are despite high profile IP's and proper presentation.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 Don't make me use this Joined: Posts: 4,351
    Maravilla wrote: »
    It dropped that much?

Nah it's still around 6k peak everyday.

I mean, that's still above 10% of the game's all-time peak.
    Sadly, Marvel is lucky if it's hitting 1% of its max.
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    edited February 15
    Tekken so far keeps impressive numbers though considering it's been out for a while. Still shit for a PC game but good for a fighter LOL
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,232 mod
    Randoms only play fighters for the casual shit then peace out. 44000 people saw a new DBZ game and that's probably about all they cared about. They do so much game hopping any way. Not like us where we stick to a set of games.

I still get matches on PS4. Playing and liking MVCI is better than playing and not liking DBFZ so I'll stick to that along with AE. The tag system and stones let you do so much and changes teams based on which you have. I love that it lets you turn what you want into just about anything.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• GhostTearGhostTear MANGO NATION...FOX MCCLOUD...MANGO NATION Joined: Posts: 2,883
    Raz0r wrote: »

is that terry crews in the back?

lol at yipes
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
    Randoms only play fighters for the casual shit then peace out. 44000 people saw a new DBZ game and that's probably about all they cared about. They do so much game hopping any way. Not like us where we stick to a set of games.

I still get matches on PS4. Playing and liking MVCI is better than playing and not liking DBFZ so I'll stick to that along with AE. The tag system and stones let you do so much and changes teams based on which you have. I love that it lets you turn what you want into just about anything.

I'll start hopping on my PS4 again then when I have some more time. I was hoping to go full PC Master Race but being DBFZ isn't clicking with me right now in the lab or in sets I'll go back to that.