MVCI Bar and Lounge: Maximum Carnage Xmas Special

Comments

• RawwStewageRawwStewage Joined: Posts: 895
    willseless wrote: »
    Is there anywhere where the unlisted patch changes are being put together? Such as hawkeye's ice arrow having more recovery and space stone meter going down on hit during storm.

The space part. It always did.

Lol never noticed. Guess it deserved the nerf.
    Practice more post less
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,915
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Actual conversation I just had with my clinical director.

""This client I want you to observe is really big into video games. If you want to play with him we'd appreciate it."
    "OK cool, what does he like?"
    "Marvel vs Capcom Infinite."

And some of you guys pretend that filthy casuals don't want to press buttons in this game...

What subject/field is this..psych?

Yeah, Applied Behavior Analysis to be exact. I'm a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and the clinical director wanted me to see if this kid would be a good transfer from Intensive In-Home.
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 170
    Don't forget to call him free and a scrub
  • SevansSevans Hell bent Joined: Posts: 630
    Is there anywhere where the unlisted patch changes are being put together? Such as hawkeye's ice arrow having more recovery and space stone meter going down on hit during storm.

Hawkeye's ice shot has more recovery now? I didn't notice...
  • RawwStewageRawwStewage Joined: Posts: 895
    Sevans wrote: »

Hawkeye's ice shot has more recovery now? I didn't notice...

Advancing guard is a true punish now.
    Practice more post less
  • SevansSevans Hell bent Joined: Posts: 630
    I hope that's not true; that's a mother fucker. Clint already has to put up with being borderline useless against anyone just willing to hold back.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,186
    Hahahaha, I was doing shit like this the other day.
    Now I WILL do this.

Now THAT'S teamwork! Lol
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

""This client I want you to observe is really big into video games. If you want to play with him we'd appreciate it."

And some of you guys pretend that filthy casuals don't want to press buttons in this game...

Yeah, Applied Behavior Analysis to be exact. I'm a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and the clinical director wanted me to see if this kid would be a good transfer from Intensive In-Home.

Well did you body him?

Well did you body him?

Don't see him until Friday. I'm gonna play Hawkeye and toss some Ice Arrow loops at him. If he Gold Reflects I'll know if he's worthy or not.
  • Riot55Riot55 King Scrub Joined: Posts: 859
    Posted this on the Venom boards but will post here too.

I just fiddled around and figured this out (I mess it up a few times but towards the end check it out). You can move around during the cinematic command grab and maybe set up some kind of trap or at least tag them with a poison at the end. The other thing that's annoying as you can see as I mess up a few times is that it seems inconsistent how far Venom runs after the opponent. I can't always get far enough to cr.LP into power stone.

MVCI: Gamora/Hawkeye - Add Taskmaster into this game, Capcom plz
    www.youtube.com/riot55
    www.twitch.tv/riot12345
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,693
    Power stone on block/whiff can be punished?
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 913
    Unless it got stealth changes - It's -8. It has 30 frames of recovery. So yes, it can be block and whiff punished.
    The issue though is that hitbox on it is large enough that on block it can be awkward to punish unless they're stand right next to you.
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,610
    Quick note about Black Widow for those unaware, her qcf+LP and the 22+P gives more damage and attributes her qcb+LP (induces a crumple state), qcb+HP (causes a wallbounce), and her qcf+PP super deals more damage.
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • AlMoStLeGeNdArYAlMoStLeGeNdArY Optimize or Die Joined: Posts: 2,367
    Man bucky has a lot of stuff to him seems like metal shield cancels are going to be big for him. In the video posted he did f hp and metal shield K. You can also cancel from qcf lk metal shield into f.hp. The timing is pretty tight for this not really sure if it can be looped but it should be possible.

So maybe something like f.hpxxmetal shield K xxqcf lkxxmetal shield F.hP. Something like this should be possible and should be possible to loop. Going to see if i can get it.
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    Got a little bored

YbfECAH.jpg

But it won't go on the front page like OMG MANGA REFERENCES will!
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,765
    yo on teamspooky stream team resident evil is putting in wwooorrrkkk

chris level 3 should be an unblockable....yeah i said it
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,359
    GhostTear wrote: »
    yo on teamspooky stream team resident evil is putting in wwooorrrkkk

chris level 3 should be an unblockable....yeah i said it

If the recticle didn't track on startup and you couldn't combo it into itself, sure.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,266
    MilesRiey wrote: »
    Got a little bored

A side by side comparison of Venom Web should be interesting too. I'm pretty sure the animations are identical
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,878
    Bucky is very stiff. He would be very fun if it didnt feel like he was alrdy nerfed before he was released. Having to wait for forever after throwing a grenade before being able to shoot the assault rifle sucks. Also the startup is so bad you cant nj assault rifle
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,187
    You absolutely do not want Bucky's AR to be any more faster. The start-up isn't 'bad' it's crisis averted. If anything it should have the low grav trait in the air Chris has but that's it. Bucky is very good, in the center of the technical scale between Venom and Nat.

Speaking of Chris; the damage from a simple Magnum > HKxxMagnum is the kind of ground respect he deserved.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm liking ScarJo a little bit more than the new comers, i think she got some nasty ass shit in her movesets. That whole ground smoke trap is nearly ridiculous and she can like attach bombs and shit.

If only she had long hair just like during IM2 when i was so hard.
  • dizzynecrodizzynecro ゾインクス! ゾインクス! Joined: Posts: 959
    thiagoeis wrote: »
    Tried to find an infinite for Venom with Time Storm looping the "shark" and Venom Rush

Didn't work

It's because of the capture state limit they added to stop spiderman's web ball reality infinite.
    Alki wrote: »

Do you know how he's getting 2 HK Venom Traps out consistently? It seems like it only randomly works for me in training mode.

You have to start the 2nd trap as the 1st trap is appearing. So it only works from far enough away that you can recover from the first trap as the trap is appearing.

I don't know if anybody here played Melty but Nero has a very similar move that has the exact same bug lol. Weird.

Anyway Venom is a fucking masterpiece. As a Venom player through both MvC1 and 2 and huge fan of the character I'm so impressed. I've totally warmed up to the VO and the animation is gorgeous. The implementation is nostalgic and the updated gameplay design is wonderful. He still feels like old venom, just improved in almost every way possible. I'm having a blast playing him. Any ideas on what his best stone is?
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 I'm dreaming of a green Christmas Joined: Posts: 4,270
    edited December 7
    Widow's f+LP is a standing Low that hits from 1/3 screen away.

She can also move full screen and get a command grab in less then a second
    (dash xx f+HK xx qcb+LK) OR (dash xx df+HK xx qcb+HK)

Damn this character is going to be good and I want so badly to be good with her.
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 1,301
    UnSaxon51 wrote: »
    Widow's f+LP is a standing Low that hits from 1/3 screen away.
    Damn this character is going to be good and I want so badly to be good with her.

Shes fun as hell and honestly her jd.HK is pretty ridiculous when you start tossing smoke grenade forcing them to block. Then of course don't forget her command throw mixups. Although I haven't found a practical use for her air throw outside of tagging in and using it during a hold state super.
  • UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 I'm dreaming of a green Christmas Joined: Posts: 4,270
    edited December 7
    HK air throw seems to have a very large hitbox that doesn't last very long.
    LK air throw moves really far really fast and is much more lenient. Plus it can catch grounded enemies too.
    NNID/XboxLive/Steam: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
    NickRocks wrote: »
    Bucky is very stiff. He would be very fun if it didnt feel like he was alrdy nerfed before he was released. Having to wait for forever after throwing a grenade before being able to shoot the assault rifle sucks. Also the startup is so bad you cant nj assault rifle

You bugging. Bucky is very fluid doesn't feel nerfed at all. I wonder if you're doing something wrong if you're not getting his qcf lk out before your jump ends. I can get j f hp qcf lk and j d hp qcf lk. It all depends on how you do the move you can almost always combo from nades into qcf. Lk. Not really sure what you're doing that you're not getting his moved out.
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 662
    dizzynecro wrote: »
    thiagoeis wrote: »
    Tried to find an infinite for Venom with Time Storm looping the "shark" and Venom Rush

Didn't work

It's because of the capture state limit they added to stop spiderman's web ball reality infinite.

Yeah, I discovered it was a capture state right after posting the video. But thanks for the answer.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    MvC:I: Reality-Ultron/Chun, Time-Ultron/Chun, Time-Cap.Marvel/Ryu, ?-Venom/?
    DBZ: Trunks/Piccolo/Yamcha
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 409
    I deem team Venom/Sigma

TEAM HIGHEST SKILLCAP

Clearly made for the likes of Marlinpie.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,898
    Hey there's swag combos for these characters...just no reason to do them.
  • White AngelWhite Angel Shadow Blade! Joined: Posts: 104
    edited December 7

These videos from Desk.
    Hey there's swag combos for these characters...just no reason to do them.

Pfft if you're not swagging you're playing Marvel wrong.