Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious BusinessJoined: Posts: 3,282
edited December 2017 in Fighting Game Discussion

10_sfanniversary05.jpg
10_sfanniversary06.jpg

(Note: Alpha 2 Gold, Alpha 3 Double Upper, HD Remix, and Ultra 2 NOT included)
Post edited by Kalyx triaD on
XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx

Comments

• LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 673
    Dont forget no Double Upper on Alpha 3 either. I wish I could be playing Alpha 2 online (fuck Vism!), but Ill play Alpha 3 online just so I can play a good SF game I enjoy.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • DANZANDANZAN Allow you to LIVE. Joined: Posts: 6,696
    This is great.

• x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,222
    edited December 2017
    LordxMugen wrote: »
    Dont forget no Double Upper on Alpha 3 either. I wish I could be playing Alpha 2 online (fuck Vism!), but Ill play Alpha 3 online just so I can play a good SF game I enjoy.

That is fairly surprising (no online A2, no SFA3 Upper, no Ultra SF2 lol) but god damn this trailer made me smile. ONLINE ALPHA 3 AND ST!!!!1!!1

Edit: Oh shit Steam release too? THIS IS DELICIOUS.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
    x64 wrote: »
    That is fairly surprising (no online A2, no SFA3
    I GET the no Alpha 2 online (so as to funnel the Alpha crew into one game). The no Double Upper is strange to me unless there was no arcade version of it and it was just a handheld only kind of deal (since Double Upper started out as a GBA version iirc).

LordxMugen wrote: »
    That is fairly surprising (no online A2, no SFA3
    I GET the no Alpha 2 online (so as to funnel the Alpha crew into one game). The no Double Upper is strange to me unless there was no arcade version of it and it was just a handheld only kind of deal (since Double Upper started out as a GBA version iirc).

I understand not using the PSP port if it was too hard to scale, but not using at least the DC port of SFA3 Upper kinda sucks.
    I understand not using the PSP port if it was too hard to scale, but not using at least the DC port of SFA3 Upper kinda sucks.
    THATS RIGHT! It was a DC release! lol

Well the advertisement talks about "Arcade Perfect Port" so thats likely why Double Upper was not considered since it was a home release.

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,282
    Capcom is honestly getting their shit together.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    edited December 2017
    Yuna wrote: »
    Why online play for Hyper Fighting instead of Alpha 2? It always felt to me like Alpha 2 had the bigger community.

They probably went with "ok, only 4 games with online, what's popular". Hyper Fighting and Super Turbo HD Remix were some of the best selling XBLA games last gen, so those were proven. Third Strike was a no brainer. So they probably picked between A2 and A3. Even though the SF2 series is my favorite, I'd give A2 online play over HF. Here's hoping there's some hidden stuff in this compilation like Hyper SF2 and Ultra SF2.
  • KnightWarriorKnightWarrior Joined: Posts: 809
    I just fanboyed

• TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017
    Skeptical of "arcade perfect" ports (ie random input delay etc)
    Skeptical of netcode quality & matchmaking.

Excited about concept. I would absolutely buy this and support it if it turns out OK.

Things that would get me on board a lot faster:
    Cross-platform play. This never happens, though, because (...?)
    GGPO netcode. It was literally designed with Alpha 2 as a test game. What are we doing.
    Im pretty sure most (if not all) of these releases are getting GGPO unless were downgrading 3S to the Xbox OG release.
    TS wrote: »

SFV got Crossplay between PS4 and PC. No reason they can't do it again.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

But, they haven't (ie. MvC Infinite), and probably won't this time, either.

SF5 is the exception and not the rule, and that's still only one console to PC. I would be happy to see it, I doubt very much that I will (this isn't just a Capcom thing, this is basically everybody, and I'd bet the problem is on the Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo end).

Anyway, not to shit on a game that literally doesn't exist yet...
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 471
    No HSF2 Anniversary?
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 1,036
    They should have released this on last gen also, this kind of tempts me to get a ps4 but I think I will give it a miss
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Maybe the other games will be in there as secrets, like in SF Alpha Anthology.
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017
    Sooooo.... EVO staff, any chance of these 4 at next evo? Or any side dedicated tourney?

https://media.eventhubs.com/images/2017/12/10_sfanniversary06.jpg
  • electricgraveelectricgrave KOBURAH!!! Joined: Posts: 67
    This is great news! I'm hoping for HDRemix lobbies, nice and basic, no kicking out people and stuff. I do like the USF2 statistics, wouldn't mind having that in the online games.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,210
    So it looks like we're losing out on the following characters in this version of A3

- Guile
    - T Hawk
    - Fei Long
    - DeeJay
    - Evil Ryu
    - Eagle
    - Maki
    - Yun
    - Ingrid

That's quite a hefty chuck of the roster missing, all because chances are this collection will use Vanilla A3 and not Upper, and Capcom never bothered to rerelease A3 Max anywhere outside PSP

This is possibly the biggest disappointment I have about the collection, I could live without A2 having online play
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,290
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    So it looks like we're losing out on the following characters in this version of A3

- Guile
    - T Hawk
    - Fei Long
    - DeeJay
    - Evil Ryu
    - Eagle
    - Maki
    - Yun
    - Ingrid

That's quite a hefty chuck of the roster missing, all because chances are this collection will use Vanilla A3 and not Upper, and Capcom never bothered to rerelease A3 Max anywhere outside PSP

This is possibly the biggest disappointment I have about the collection, I could live without A2 having online play

Some of those are from the home version of vanilla A3, everyone above Eagle on your list. Depending on whether or not they really did a direct arcade port, those home version characters may have made it in.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,282
    Yeah I'm thinking the first four should make it in at least.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,527
    There were a bunch of balance changes (notably V-ism nerfs) and stuff between the A3 arcade version and the A3 home version, correct?
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Naeras wrote: »
    There were a bunch of balance changes (notably V-ism nerfs) and stuff between the A3 arcade version and the A3 home version, correct?

IIRC they nerfed all of the full screen Vism combos and took out crouch cancel infinites.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,459
    Slightly disappointed there won't be any balls-to-the-wall hilariousness that was Hyper SF2 or Hyper Street Fighter Alpha.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,856
    HSF2 should been there and A2 should have been OL with A3.

HF was a good title and successful title too.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Picolo
    2.) Killin
    3.) Kid Buu
    4.) Pikon
    5.) Hit
    6.) Broly - legendary
    7.) Super Janemba
    8.) Gotenks SSJ3
    9.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    10.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    11.) Caulifa
    12.) Kale
    13.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    14.) Android 18 with Andriod 17
    15.) Rose with Zamasu
    16.) Dr Jero with Andriod 19
    17.) Yamcha with Puar
    18.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards

Necro
    Xianyu with Jianyu or Noembelu

New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Awesome. Just had to wait 20 years for this to come out. I don't mind having spent thousands of dollars on actual arcade equipment, just make sure they are good ports. There is no reason for ST to ever die. USF2 and HDR should have never counted for anything. Leave my SF alone David "Yomi" Sirlin.

Now lets hope they do this for the versus series

• NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 828
    edited December 2017
    Does anybody know whether Street Fighter 3: Second Impact has native widescreen like in the arcades and what version of Street Fighter Alpha 3 (CPS2, Upper {with Fei Long and Balrog}, or Double Upper {with Eagle and Yun}) is in the 30th anniversary collection?

I really don't want to get inferior versions that I will never play despite the convenience of everything being in the same place.

P.S. Never understood the love for Super Turbo, New Challengers has everything Super Turbo offers and more unless you enjoy animation frames being tossed to the wind and crappy ex-type supers.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,535

But, they haven't (ie. MvC Infinite), and probably won't this time, either.

SF5 is the exception and not the rule, and that's still only one console to PC. I would be happy to see it, I doubt very much that I will (this isn't just a Capcom thing, this is basically everybody, and I'd bet the problem is on the Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo end).

Currently crossplay really only benefits PC users because console manufacturers don't want to make any agreement about it. In Rocket League PC players can play against PS4, XB1 and (soon) Switch players but these can't play between them. Epic Games actually accidentally activated crossplay between PS4 and XB1 for Fortnite, yet it was disabled and they made clear that there's a long road before convincing Sony and Microsoft to seal the deal. So the technology is clearly already there and it's only held back by the stubbornness of console manufacturers.

As a PC players, I can clearly say that crossplay is one of the main things that kept me playing SFV for a long time, and the lack of it is what turns me away from lot of titles like MvCI where the playerbase on PC is small and is soon taken over by veterans. I really can't bother going on discords and begging people for games when in many other games I can just login and get a game with any random dude within seconds.

About 30th anniversary collection, I'm really happy we might be able to finally play those titles on a proper client on the main PC gaming hub instead of a shitty outdated emulator only the hardcore fans know about. A bigger playerbase will make those games way more enjoyable.
    My concerns about it currently are:
    - will the netplay be on par with GGPO?
    - are they just straight arcade ports or will there be added characters/functionalities from the home versions? I know nostalgia blahblah but I can't see how you can release a fighting game in 2018 without things like a training mode.
    It's bad we didn't get titles like Alpha 2 as playable online but at least we got the "main" competitive titles out there. I will take it as a chance for me to dig deeper into the older titles that I never played seriously.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
    Does anybody know whether Street Fighter 3: Second Impact has native widescreen like in the arcades and what version of Street Fighter Alpha 3 (CPS2, Upper {with Fei Long and Balrog}, or Double Upper {with Eagle and Yun}) is in the 30th anniversary collection?

I really don't want to get inferior versions that I will never play despite the convenience of everything being in the same place.

P.S. Never understood the love for Super Turbo, New Challengers has everything Super Turbo offers and more unless you enjoy animation frames being tossed to the wind and crappy ex-type supers.

What do you mean SFIII was natively widescreen? It was meant to be played on a 4:3 monitor.

Also, have fun playing Super by yourself lol.

No, only Second Impact had native widescreen available. If I wanted to play New Challengers with others, I could already do so with FightCade.
    From my understanding all CPS games were kind of widescreen, but then squished when hooked up to an arcade monitor.

CPS3 version of Second Impact had an exclusive setting that changed the game to be 16:9 instead of the the usual 4:3.
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Seems too good to be true.

With regards to arcade perfect ports, i'll belive it when i see it
    Something makes me wonder though if you look and listen to the trailer why does the sound not match up to the game

At 52 seconds
    At 1: 21
    At 1:25

And who gives a shit about chracter's in alpha 3 upper most of them were shit anyway.

It's nice to finally have a version of giant attack that's not on a piece of shit console at last, hope they don't fuck this up
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
    edited December 2017
    I care. There is fuck all for me to do in the Alpha series outside of playing some Fei Long in Alpha 3 Upper or Double Upper. Every other character I play is better in another title.
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There has never been an SF game that was ported to console and ended up being arcade perfect. Something was always slightly off (speed mostly).

I seriously hope they use the version of GGPO that we saw in DS and MVC:O. No online for A2 sucks, but at least the better alpha game has netplay!
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
    Reticently wrote: »
    Some of those are from the home version of vanilla A3, everyone above Eagle on your list. Depending on whether or not they really did a direct arcade port, those home version characters may have made it in.

A lot of people seem to be forgetting Alpha 3 Upper got an arcade release on the Naomi board. No Eagle or Ingrid (psp version) but the excuse for Capcom isn't there.
  • SkullboySkullboy Never See It Comin'. Joined: Posts: 12,587
    Oh my fucking God.

This is a miracle. I get my baby 3S on console, with online play alongside all these other legendary games.

They should've sent a poet.

"Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)