Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, Steam)

Comments

• electricgraveelectricgrave KOBURAH!!! Joined: Posts: 57
    edited December 2017
    I prefer ST over Hyper, all day everyday. Hyper is fun don't get me wrong but ST is perfect and the best SF game IMHO.

CPS2 A3 is basically all we're gonna get I bet. No upper characters I'm afraid at less they port the Naomi/DC game, better yet the Saturn port which runs under a "CPS2 Environment" sort of speak. However CPS2 A3 is the best, plays the best, clean, no 3D hitboxes and what have you.

Alpha 2 not having online hurts, great game. I'm one of the few that prefers 2Gold/ZeroAlpha. Playing on fightcade is always fun, some prefer A2 over 3, I'm right in the middle, both are great and different enough to make it worth playing both.

I'm glad they are bringing Hyperfighting with online play, it deserves to be played like back in the days of XBL, fun times.

3rdS is heaven gameplay wise. Always prefer the way 2nd Impact stages and BGM looked, if only the stages from 2ndI were available on 3rdS, I wish they made that DLC for 3rdSOE like they did with the 2ndI BGM.

• rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,469
    They better have at least a minimum of 4man lobbies. Im hoping HDremix & Ultra gets an unlock but im guessing they are saving that for the definitive 50th year anniversary release. Online is fine but what's the point if they have no lobbies to play with your buddies & randoms.
  • Shinra358Shinra358 Joined: Posts: 87
    edited December 2017
    very poor decision. shoulda went like this:

sfii anniversary collection - should have been ps2 version but with the uncut version of sfII movie instead of censored one with hd remix selections now.

sfiii collection - should have been one game just like the sfii collection. picking a character version would show that version's ending and have their skillset for that game.

sfa collection - should have merged the ps2 version with the psp version. have all the features and characters from the psp version of a3 but have all the secret playstyles of the ps2 version.

seeing that sf3oe was missing the system direction options from the ps2 version and controller rumble, looks like they would exclude from this as well. and I HATE reselling inferior games when there are already better versions...
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    About 30th anniversary collection, I'm really happy we might be able to finally play those titles on a proper client on the main PC gaming hub instead of a shitty outdated emulator only the hardcore fans know about. A bigger playerbase will make those games way more enjoyable.
    My concerns about it currently are:
    - will the netplay be on par with GGPO?
    - are they just straight arcade ports or will there be added characters/functionalities from the home versions? I know nostalgia blahblah but I can't see how you can release a fighting game in 2018 without things like a training mode.
    It's bad we didn't get titles like Alpha 2 as playable online but at least we got the "main" competitive titles out there. I will take it as a chance for me to dig deeper into the older titles that I never played seriously.

I also wonder what they have access to. Alpha Anthology carried over arcade ports and also added training modes and other basics, plus a few bells and whistles. Are they starting over from scratch, or are the modifying something they already had the rights to?

Similarly, 3S Online already exists, so I wonder the same about that. It's too early to know the amount of ambition here.

There's also the Nesica arcade re releases, though I read there were some input delay issues.

And perhaps this is naive, but I wonder if A2 would be that hard to add online for? Once A3 is up and running, aren't you talking about 90% the same setup on the dev side? Budget/schedule permitting.
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,222
    However CPS2 A3 is the best, plays the best, clean, no 3D hitboxes and what have you.

I'm pretty sure that was the PS1 release due to the lack of memory.
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • LoghornLoghorn Joined: Posts: 305
    edited December 2017
    x64 wrote: »
    LordxMugen wrote: »
    That is fairly surprising (no online A2, no SFA3
    I GET the no Alpha 2 online (so as to funnel the Alpha crew into one game). The no Double Upper is strange to me unless there was no arcade version of it and it was just a handheld only kind of deal (since Double Upper started out as a GBA version iirc).

I understand not using the PSP port if it was too hard to scale, but not using at least the DC port of SFA3 Upper kinda sucks.

They can just easily use the Upper version of Alpha 3 from SF Alpha Anthology on PS2. They have the source code for it.

Plays exactly like the Arcade version of Alpha 3 with no loading times whatsoever, but with even more characters (being Guile, T. Hawk, Fei Long, Dee Jay & Evil Ryu along with other characters being playable without having to go through cheat codes to access them).
    Loghorn wrote: »
    Plays exactly like the Arcade version of Alpha 3 with no loading times whatsoever, but with even more characters (being Guile, T. Hawk, Fei Long, Dee Jay & Evil Ryu along with other characters being playable without having to go through cheat codes to access them).

Oh cool. For some reason I thought Alpha Anthology didn't have Upper. Might have to track that game down at some point.
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There has never been an SF game that was ported to console and ended up being arcade perfect. Something was always slightly off (speed mostly).

ST on DC?
  • Running WildRunning Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane Joined: Posts: 3,185
    when in many other games I can just login and get a game with any random dude within seconds.

Yeah but most of the time those random players are gonna be on shit connections and probably even rage quit on you.

YouTube Channel - All sorts of random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various classic fighting games.
    RB2: Xiangfei, Cheng, Mary, Geese
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,525
    TS wrote: »
    About 30th anniversary collection, I'm really happy we might be able to finally play those titles on a proper client on the main PC gaming hub instead of a shitty outdated emulator only the hardcore fans know about. A bigger playerbase will make those games way more enjoyable.
    - are they just straight arcade ports or will there be added characters/functionalities from the home versions? I know nostalgia blahblah but I can't see how you can release a fighting game in 2018 without things like a training mode.
    It's bad we didn't get titles like Alpha 2 as playable online but at least we got the "main" competitive titles out there. I will take it as a chance for me to dig deeper into the older titles that I never played seriously.

I also wonder what they have access to. Alpha Anthology carried over arcade ports and also added training modes and other basics, plus a few bells and whistles. Are they starting over from scratch, or are the modifying something they already had the rights to?

Similarly, 3S Online already exists, so I wonder the same about that. It's too early to know the amount of ambition here.

There's also the Nesica arcade re releases, though I read there were some input delay issues.

And perhaps this is naive, but I wonder if A2 would be that hard to add online for? Once A3 is up and running, aren't you talking about 90% the same setup on the dev side? Budget/schedule permitting.

They said they wanted "arcade perfect" stuff, which leaves out 3SOE.
  • JamesLeeJamesJamesLeeJames Joined: Posts: 14
    edited December 2017
    [Warning! Wishlist ahead!]

I hope that Sega Saturn Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper, Hyper Street Fighter 2 (With fixes from Capkore HSF2), Street Fighter Alpha Anthology Content, Hyper Street Fighter Alpha with Endless Arcade attack and many stages, Pocket Fighter, Darkstalkers Series be unlockables (Or DLC at the bare minimum?)

I like Street Fighter, I personally enjoy the series and I am willing to pay for additional content just so that I can get away from Emulation. I am willing to pay around $25 USD for the Street Fighter DLC, Another $20 for Darkstalkers, and possibly $10 for CP System 3 game Red Earth.

Alternatvely they can make the games I am suggesting unlockable with the requirements being you have to at least beat the games regardless of if you encounter the secret bosses or not just so that you prove you're competent at the games.

For instance, unlocking Sega Saturn Alpha 3 will have you to just make it to the final boss and put up a good fight, win or lose. Hyper Street Fighter 2 will be unlocked if you beat the 5 versions regardless of how many continues you use and regardless if you fight against Akuma.

Darkstalkers Chronicles + Darkstalkers Collection (Darkstarkers, Night Warrior, Vampire Hunter 1& 2 and Vampire Savior 1&2) will be unlocked if you play and beat all the Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter Alpha games regardless of how many continues you use.

Pocket Fighters will be Unlocked if you play all the default games at least five times.

Red Earth will be unlocked if you can at least make it to the end boss of any Street Fighter III games.

Hyper Street Fighter Alpha will require you playing and beating all of the games.

That's all that's running through my mind but I hope Capcom doesn't skimp on the content and start the new year with a fighting game boom!
    Post edited by JamesLeeJames on
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,372
    Bout time now release MvC2 again pls Xbox or somebody stole the game from my HDD and i cant redownload it
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 329
    Lack of HD Remix is disturbing, but still a day 1.
  • nilcamnilcam New Student Joined: Posts: 465
    Cross-platform play. This never happens, though, because (...?)

SFV got Crossplay between PS4 and PC. No reason they can't do it again.
    But, they haven't (ie. MvC Infinite), and probably won't this time, either.

SF5 is the exception and not the rule, and that's still only one console to PC. I would be happy to see it, I doubt very much that I will (this isn't just a Capcom thing, this is basically everybody, and I'd bet the problem is on the Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo end).

Currently crossplay really only benefits PC users because console manufacturers don't want to make any agreement about it. In Rocket League PC players can play against PS4, XB1 and (soon) Switch players but these can't play between them. Epic Games actually accidentally activated crossplay between PS4 and XB1 for Fortnite, yet it was disabled and they made clear that there's a long road before convincing Sony and Microsoft to seal the deal. So the technology is clearly already there and it's only held back by the stubbornness of console manufacturers.

As a PC players, I can clearly say that crossplay is one of the main things that kept me playing SFV for a long time, and the lack of it is what turns me away from lot of titles like MvCI where the playerbase on PC is small and is soon taken over by veterans. I really can't bother going on discords and begging people for games when in many other games I can just login and get a game with any random dude within seconds.

Rocket League on Swithc has crossplay with Xbox One and PC. Only Sony opted out of the crossplay agreement.
  • nilcamnilcam New Student Joined: Posts: 465
    I'm super excited for this collection. I am sad that A2 doesn't have online because it's my favorite SF title. The upside is that I haven't played much A3 so it's a new game to me.

I hope Capcom includes scanline and pixel perfect modes.
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    On A3: Naomi sprites were pasted into PSP version and did not look good. Yun was like a foot taller than Ryu. Dumb.

I do understand that people want the extra console characters, but hoping for regular A3 Upper or the modified Alpha Anthology version is probably more practical.
    J-ride wrote: »
    Naeras wrote: »
    There were a bunch of balance changes (notably V-ism nerfs) and stuff between the A3 arcade version and the A3 home version, correct?

IIRC they nerfed all of the full screen Vism combos and took out crouch cancel infinites.
    Every version of Alpha 3 is different. As far as I remember:

Arcade, PSX, Dreamcast(?), Saturn all have crouch cancels and infinites. Console ports have various assorted nerfs to characters, animation cuts (PSX especially), and I think DC version has some input delay. New characters added. Different bonus modes between the various ports. DC version also buffed Guile, who was garbage on PSX & Saturn.

Upper is an arcade rerelease based on the DC version, released on the Naomi hardware instead of CPS 2. More character changes, V-ISM invulnerability nerfed (I think this started in DC version?), crouch cancels removed, A-ISM characters build meter faster, etc.

Don't know anything about Double Upper (who would?). A3 Max is PSP version of Upper, with the Eagle/Maki/Yun/Ingrid sprites added from CvS2/Capcom Fighting Evolution.

Alpha Anthology is a PS2 compilation of the arcade version, plus a version of Upper with the first set of console chars (Guile, E.Ryu, Dee Jay, Fei, Hawk, Shin Akuma, extra Balrog, Final Bison) but not the Max ones. Also includes Hyper SF Alpha, but loses most of the single player content from earlier home versions (World Tour mode, etc). I think this version has a DIP settings menu that allows specific flags based on different arcade revisions, including crouch cancels?

It’s been a while but,IIRC you can’t crouch cancel in the DC version. Definitely works in the PS1 version tho.

Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 820
    Yeah A2 getting no online is weird. Hopefully they can introduce it down the line.

I will be fun to take Vism into a training room though and I'm pumped about the prospect of Hyper Fighting with good NetCode.

Good stuff capcom!
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 611
    Am I the only one not crazy about the designs being used to crop the screen to 4:3? I would be happy with plain single colors, or simple patterns. Something like what HDR and 3SOE did.
  • BraboChokeBraboChoke I take my food for thought with a pinch of salt Joined: Posts: 820
    Ianskie wrote: »
    Am I the only one not crazy about the designs being used to crop the screen to 4:3? I would be happy with plain single colors, or simple patterns. Something like what HDR and 3SOE did.

Maybe there are a few we can choose from... Hopefully.
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 471
    [Warning! Wishlist ahead!]

I hope that Sega Saturn Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper, Hyper Street Fighter 2 (With fixes from Capkore HSF2), Street Fighter Alpha Anthology Content, Hyper Street Fighter Alpha with Endless Arcade attack and many stages, Pocket Fighter, Darkstalkers Series be unlockables
    This
  • ZephyranthesZephyranthes Mad Mod Poet God Joined: Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What are some good joysticks for Xbone?
    This Ain't Kansas. Unabashed and unfiltered comic book commentary and reviews:
    Between the Gutters: A comic book podcast that talks about the stories within the panels.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-713428097/sets/between-the-gutters
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/between-the-gutters-podcast/id1311976402
    There has never been an SF game that was ported to console and ended up being arcade perfect. Something was always slightly off (speed mostly).

ST on DC?

That is the best port of ST out there but still has some issues. Even with the dipswitches set correctly the speed the game uses before the "Round x Fight" is set to Turbo 0 which is jarring, plus a few other oddities (Screen aspect ratio is off slightly, some new character bugs).
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 611
    edited December 2017
    BraboChoke wrote: »
    Maybe there are a few we can choose from... Hopefully.

I am hoping for this. I am just excited my favorite game 3S is going to get revitalized once again. Fingers are crossed it will be the best port thus far, I know the hardcore players will most likely still refuse to play on it. I can’t afford a cab or supergun with boards so I will take what I can get.
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,098
    I'm hoping this will have GGPO, but the way they just refer to it as "rollback netcode" instead of saying GGPO makes me think it's their own in-house netcode.

Also no SFA2 online? That's really disappointing.

When they say it's arcade perfect, I think they probably mean "using a cps2/3 emulator and arcade roms" and that's probably it. Hopefully the input delay will at least be comparable, if not better.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster OK Joined: Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited December 2017
    Yuna wrote: »
    Why online play for Hyper Fighting instead of Alpha 2? It always felt to me like Alpha 2 had the bigger community.

You need to get a ps4 so we can play 3s, girl.
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.
    Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - One Punch Man (Viz Media), Rick and Morty (Oni Press)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Initial D, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Law and Order: SVU, Sons of Anarchy
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,196
    Hyper Fighting with online is great news. Emulation for that game is pretty wonky.
  • AKUMA2000AKUMA2000 RAGING DEMON DISTRIBUTOR Joined: Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017
    It sucks that SFA2 doesn't have online play but its ok because I like both A2 and A3, also Ryu's theme song from A3 will be a joy to hear again while engaged in battle........can't wait for the pre-orders to start.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 444
    SF3 Alpha is online? This is going to be fun seeing so many noobs dc.
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,642
    I am so happy to have all of these classics in one. I've been wanting an Alpha 3 for consoles since last gen, so it's nice to see it become a reality. Sucks that Alpha 2 doesn't have online. That would've been awesome.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    I can't see why it couldn't be added later if we make enough noise about it.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,642
    A question for those who were around during the competitive yrs of Alpha 3: was there ever a version featuring the console characters that was played competitively?

Most of my experience came from playing the Arcade version, the PS1 port, and Alpha Anthology on PS2. I'd like to know how this game was played in a tournament setting.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited December 2017
    No.

Console versions of games weren't even taken seriously for tournament play until post-2000, because that was the first time ports were very close to being arcade-perfect. Up until then console versions of games included hardware sacrifices, even when the ports were "good" (loading times, resized characters/stages, dropped animation, slowdown etc). On top of that there were often character nerfs and other gameplay changes.

I don't think Evo started using consoles until 2003 or 2004, which was 5 years after A3 was released. Even then, there were some strong negative reactions when they announced it.

Japan still plays A3, because arcades didn't die off as quickly there as they did over here, and so there was always a central place to go and a uniform version of the game. Zero 3 Upper was released in Japanese arcades, but everyone seems to prefer the original version, as is often the case with "fixed" games.
    edited December 2017
    What are some good joysticks for Xbone?

With MadCatz dead only Hori and Razer make official sticks IIRC. Hori sticks come with their own proprietary joystick and buttons while the Razer comes with full Sanwa. If you're used to Sanwa the Hori sticks/buttons are fairly similar but there is a usage curve to get used to. If you want to go custom, can't go wrong with a Brook Unversal Fight Board pcb (compatiblity with PS3/PS4/XB360/XBone).
    Zx-tole wrote: »
    Sad days, no street fighter the movie the game listed in this collection

I know there is a high likelyhood of this being a joke post but I'd imagine there are licensing/royalty issues abound for this game to see a re-release. Not to mention the negative connotation the movie brings.
    More details from EventHubs

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/dec/14/street-fighter-30th-anniversary-collection-has-online-play-four-its-twelve-games-features-new-rewind-netcode-technology/

Is that rollback then?

Sounds like it but we can tweak the input latency right?