Sakura General Thread: She finally graduated!

mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,622
edited December 2017 in Sakura

HB9r837.jpg
werkEjc.jpg
A9Tpy5T.jpg
6nXKrs6.jpg
eXO1kVS.jpg
GrandAjarFlamingo.gif
sakuraz4sje.gif

Post edited by mykka on
SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin, Xiayu

Comments

• mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 2,622
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 9,645
    Too bad she graduated without learning what pants are
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    Too bad she graduated without learning what pants are

Battle costume
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 986
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,674
    Re-analyzing the Sakura trailer has me very hyped to return back to SFV (I quit in S1 since it was too stale for my taste):

cr.LP, st.LP, st.LK xx dp combo. This means I can hitconfirm from a cr.LP. This will allow cr.LP to still be a great pressure tool, and can possibly score big damage off of CH.

cr.HP is back, but it looks very slow. I'm hopeful it'll still be an effective AA. However she has an air grab. And can cancel j.MP into EX tatsu. This means she has great air-to-air options to work around her lack of invul DP, just like SF4.

In addition to this, her hp DP ender looks like it leaves the opponent in a good mixup situation just like sf4. I hope that I can still setup a far (3.5-4 / 5 screen distance) AA with LP dp and juggle into MP dp.

CH st.HP appears to pop up for air juggle. Mostly shown for v-trigger extensions.

She has sf4 cl.st.MP still for pressure. Great that she has both cl.st.MP and far st.MP. I'd imagine cl.st.MP is b+MP.

She still has sf4 far st.HK, I wonder how useful it will be in terms of poking. (ala Cammy's st.HK poking ability).

She also has a psuedo divekick, but only seems useful for combo extension.

Psuedo divekick is the same animation as her neutral j.HK. I'm glad they kept this in there, her j.HK was really good (obviously not as good as sf4 Sakura's broken's j.HP) since it hits low and allows you to stuff certain recoveries when used correctly.
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Sexy Fighting Game Renaissance Joined: Posts: 3,411
    Nice. She has the CVS2 dive kick.
    I would imagine that it might be slightly easier to link her stuff together after Tatsumaki
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP | Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    PSN: Dark_Ice_Saiko
    KOFXIV
    Kyo / Luong / Geese [Mai, Shun, Leona, Terry, Mian, Mui Mui]

DOA5LR
    Nyotengu/Mai

Tekken 7
    Eliza [Geese, Xiaoyu, Jin, Lars, Lee, Steve, M.Raven]

BBCF
    Hakumen [Azrael, Nine, Makoto]

SFV
    Ibuki [????????]
    Come to dreamcancel.com for KOFXIV FAQS, wiki-updates, and mini-guides!

• JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 791
    That trailer got me really excited, I wasn't expecting her as the first character of season 3.
    I hope she has at least one good anti air.

Trailer with her jap voice.

I like her theme
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,523
    chara_sakura2-2_pop.jpg

In the character site they show this image marked as "new". I thought it was her st.HK. Does it mean it has new properties or that it's a new move entirely?
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • Angerfist62Angerfist62 Joined: Posts: 986
    chara_sakura2-2_pop.jpg

In the character site they show this image marked as "new". I thought it was her st.HK. Does it mean it has new properties or that it's a new move entirely?

During VT2, she gains new property for her shouoken and her shunpukyaku, the moves becoming like her ex version but even stronger. Here, that's just the end of her VT shunpukyaku, which is that launcher, like in 4. It's V skill cancelable by the way. For her roundhouse, I'm pretty sure it's her CC spin we saw at the start of her last combo.
    "Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters"
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 323
    Was that an air throw or the throw off of her v skill?
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

• ZioSerpeZioSerpe Fueled by nostalgia Joined: Posts: 1,568
    edited December 2017
    It kinda seems like the natural ending of her v-skill if you do no followup but still collide with the opponent
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    SFV: Roxanne (soon)
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,523
    Throw after V-Skill is done by pressing LP+LK.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,516
    This is awesome! Sakura announced on the same day that I got engaged!

Sakura is where it all began for me as an '09er. This really means alot to me.

Do you have Discord? Our group of mutual friends have migrated. Let me know.
    CFN: RammaCricket
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
  • SpydeR-ManGSpydeR-ManG Walking the path of Heaven Joined: Posts: 60
    edited December 2017
    A couple of key differences I'm seeing from the SF4 version from the trailer:

Sakura Otoshi being a follow up to the V-Skill means she won't have a homing EX version for punishing fireballs or other moves from far range. The V-Skill's initial hop seems similar to Chun Li's in terms of having a fixed trajectory.

EX Shunpukyaku has either limited or no juggle followups outside of the corner. The launch during EX has her extending her leg horizontally similar to her st. HK, whereas the VT2 Shun is at a higher angle like the SF4 EX. One of the combos vs an airborne Ryu demonstrates juggling EX Shouken after EX Shun connects; while this is still shown in the corner, there MAY be juggle potential mid-screen because of EX Shun being able to connect the launcher on airborne opponents. Again this is all done in the corner so we'll have to wait for the update to come out for verification.
  • diztrukteddiztrukted o KEN ENTHUSIAST o Joined: Posts: 181
    I Cant Wait!!!!!
  • CathraoCathrao Cheeky lil bugger Joined: Posts: 700
    Certainly look forward to her. Helps that both VTs seem useful on first glance.
    Steam ID: Cathrao | SFV: Sakura? | T7: Lili/Feng
  • sleeplostsleeplost World Warrior Joined: Posts: 18
    Thank goodness Flowtron was to be trusted after all with the half of the S2 roster and the Sagakura leaks. I was betting on Sakura's confirmation to save my Winter from being entirely melancholic - and Capcom managed to deliver. She looks fantastic and looks like she'll be, at the least, mid-tier. To be completely fair, I don't care much for tiers, I'm just glad to have my girl back in the game.

Not to mention this news came to me right at the end of my semester, too! Great timing. I'm absolutely beat. Can't wait to start training again.
    CFN: Sleeplost
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/id/midoriya
    Twitter @sleeplost_jp
    I like playing as: Sakura | Zeku | Juri
  • Ford_DentFord_Dent Joined: Posts: 13
    That trailer got me to go back to SFV after like a four month hiatus just because I want to be used to the game again before she comes out. As it turns out she comes out just as I'm getting back from my Christmas holiday, so I'll have something to balance out the bummer of having to go back to work. I've been into her since fucking around on an Alpha 3 cabinet in some arcade in South Carolina as a kid, so it's good to see her.

And she has a costume with pants now to boot! Bless.
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,327
    sigh there's no Shoshosho as a V-Trigger.

You had one job, Capcom!!

What are the properties of her install type V-Trigger?
  • MomohimechanMomohimechan Joined: Posts: 48
    Finally a character worth playing~
    I've come to terms with that fact that i have no future as a Karin main. ;u;
    I always loved playing Sakura in Mvc2 and SFIV so her inclusion is definitely a welcome addition! xD
    SFV Karin, Sakura. Tekken 7 Xiaoyu

Artist and lover of all things cute
    Capcom Unity will be streaming Sakura on the 9th of Jan.
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 5,394
    Yall ready to destroy them jump ins with cr.hp?!!
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma/Sakura
    Street fighter V Sakura/Kolin/Menat
    GGrev2 Millia
    DBFZ 16/17/Hit

• VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,400
    Genistar wrote: »
    Yall ready to destroy them jump ins with cr.hp?!!

I'm more biased towards B.HP to wreck jumps so... No?
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 12
    Basic combos video (by 4Gamer.net)
    Sakura Discord - https://discord.gg/UzQEZHT
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,409
    Vt1 has plus on block fireballs and can combo into 210 damage meterless with cr.mk xx fireball>M shouken
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • ZCUZCU Joined: Posts: 9
    i'm kinda mad she doesn't have her old victory dance
  • Ford_DentFord_Dent Joined: Posts: 13
    She does do a version of her dance between rounds if you win with enough of a life lead. It's not 100% the same, but the spirit is there.

Just because fuck Akuma
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
    Btw people, try to use c.HP as anti air, it' covers the same jump ins that b+HP does plus if used correctly works on crossups. The only advantage b+HP has is the Crush Counter, but if it junst AAs normally you're minus on the opponent landing.
    CFN - ZioSerpe
    Twitch
  • WinterstrideWinterstride Joined: Posts: 10
    any notable sakura players i should be stalking for strategy and tech?
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,861 mod
    Majorboy and Mago are using her.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,861 mod

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH