Yes! Yes!

I'm going to play sfv again
    USF4: Blanka, Hugo

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, Guile, Kuma

SFV: Birdie, Necalli
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,296 mod
    Bronn wrote: »
    fuck blanka

I need to check, but I believe this is a bannable offense.

/kappa
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,646
    Are we back to trolling people online with jab roll > throw?

Hell yeah!

• SavagerySavagery Joined: Posts: 93
    YESSSSSSSS!!! The Beast is finally back for SFV. Really excited to see what CAPCOM comes up for him using the V-SYSTEM!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,861 mod
    He's gonna have unga bunga that will piss people off and people will shame you for using him.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Pft haters gonna hate! I've been seeing a lot of that going around whenever Blanka was mentioned as a possible returning character. Did i miss something over these pass few years?
  • VoltaVolta Joined: Posts: 351
    HF vertical roll, please.
  • BlonkaBlonka Joined: Posts: 10
    Very excited. I wonder what his V-Skill/Trigger will work. Won't wait too long as he is 2nd on the S3 list to be released. I hope we will get his classic stage.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,725
    Blonka wrote: »
    Very excited. I wonder what his V-Skill/Trigger will work. Won't wait too long as he is 2nd on the S3 list to be released. I hope we will get his classic stage.

earliest I am guessing is Feb.. more than likely he will be released at Final Round or something. I'm interested in his redesign though. Looking forward to what they do with his roll because as is I don't think it fits in SFV.

they should give the option to piano electricity or make it a motion like chun. I can see them making that his v skill though.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • HertogHertog Joined: Posts: 304
    Predictions:

V skill will be his hop

V trigger I: 3 bar Electric blanka, buffs his specials

V trigger II: 2 bar, gives him some extra moves like a full screen low electric spark

USF4: Blanka, Hugo

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, Guile, Kuma

SFV: Birdie, Necalli
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,200
    Online gonna quickly turn into cancer come ~March
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,725
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Online gonna quickly turn into cancer come ~March

I plan on contributing to that cancer when I can if ono let's me.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • BR3N7BR3N7 All New Netflix Original Series: Orange Eats the Big Black Joined: Posts: 2,239
    While this will make me retry the garbage game I have 3 major concerns. This reminds me of SFxT when I waited for Honda or Blanka and I got the electric oompa loompa and he fucking sucked and felt nothing like SF2 or SF4.

A) They don't make his electricity pianoable like SF4. If they make it a simple input option like Kolin I swear... Or light electricity is negative on block... I want electric pressure/mixups....

B) His Vertical balls will be garbage tier. Please make his EX vertical ball a GTFO move that has invincibility. If he lacks this I can declare now he will be low tier like FANG. Make it punishable AF but invincible.

C) His style is hit and run with pesky offense and defense and this game doesn't allow for that and why I find it garbage personally. This is a offensive pressure game and his style may just fall flat or they again make him like SFxT which was not a fun Blanka to use.

I am about excited as I can be given it wasn't salt tossed and a fat sumo and maybe he will be a close enough port from SF4 and I can play this game again.

• Dead_RikimaruDead_Rikimaru Joined: Posts: 195
    He's gonna have unga bunga that will piss people off and people will shame you for using him.

No.
    He will be reworked, his move set will be creative and interesting. He will be fun to play and very popular.

But haters still gonna hate.
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter" and I know it's a terrible username Joined: Posts: 1,646
    I have no idea on how Capcom will adjust Blanka to this game and that's exciting to me

Maybe we will be hugely disappointed with the result, let's wait and see.

My prediction is that he won't have a fullscreen horizontal roll anymore. I know it's his trademark move and all, but some of the characters went through some radical changes like Nash, so maybe Blanka will too. I'm thinking something like Urien's shoulder tackle, with limited horizontal range.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,200
    edited December 2017
    Bronn wrote: »
    fuck blanka

I second this
    atirador wrote: »
    I have no idea on how Capcom will adjust Blanka to this game and that's exciting to me

Slide sweep crush counters from half the screen
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I just hope he keeps the same st.HP and that it works as a CC

atirador wrote: »

Maybe we will be hugely disappointed with the result, let's wait and see.

My prediction is that he won't have a fullscreen horizontal roll anymore. I know it's his trademark move and all, but some of the characters went through some radical changes like Nash, so maybe Blanka will too. I'm thinking something like Urien's shoulder tackle, with limited horizontal range.

I think it's pretty certain that'll be given a drastic overhaul, if only to appease to the whiners. I just hope they don't change him to a motion input character like they did with Vega.

Ideally he'd be a hit-and-run character with high-priority normals like in SFII, but at this point I'm just glad he's in the game at all. I don't even care how bad he might turn out to be, I'll
    main him anyway.
  • IM_AmazonIM_Amazon Joined: Posts: 159
    I suspect Hop will have some kind of followup feature to make it "properly" build V. Might be too similar to Laura on paper, though...

My hope is that Rainbow Ball EX becomes the throwback move to HF Vertical Roll. SFIV's version was a blast but it drove people crazy.
    Volta wrote: »

I think it's pretty certain that'll be given a drastic overhaul, if only to appease to the whiners. I just hope they don't change him to a motion input character like they did with Vega.
    That would piss me off to no end. I actually agreed to that change for Vega because it made his moves easier to link and fits his attack style. Blanka is supposed to be trickier!

Volta wrote: »
    Ideally he'd be a hit-and-run character with high-priority normals like in SFII, but at this point I'm just glad he's in the game at all. I don't even care how bad he might turn out to be, I'll main him anyway.

Well said brother.
    Welcome to the Blanka Nation LOL!!
    I hope Capcom will restore Blanka's personality to how he was in the SF2 days. Serious, feralistic, mean and not the goof ball they made him out to be from SFA3 and on.

There is a close to 0 chance of this being true but I hope you're right.
    I think the s
    I hope Capcom will restore Blanka's personality to how he was in the SF2 days. Serious, feralistic, mean and not the goof ball they made him out to be from SFA3 and on.

Me too but that distinction pretty much goes to Necalli now. I would love for them to go back to basics with that.
  • pesserpesser Joined: Posts: 159
    yes yesss yeesssssss
    ssblanka

"tiger knee is the air. if dan can do it why can't sagat? he's a million times better than dan".
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,861 mod
    edited December 2017

Yeah my brother reminded me that in the SFIV story they made him friends with Sakura and he's also running around with Sak in the trailer. Unless they make both characters fit a very serious role, I'm expecting full goofball. No Dan will help the issue at least.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

Yeah my brother reminded me that in the SFIV story they made him friends with Sakura and he's also running around with Sak in the trailer. Unless they make both characters fit a very serious role, I'm expecting full goofball. No Dan will help the issue at least.

Goofball or beast, you'll be a fan regardless. Everybody loves Blanka. Once he is released you'll drop Ibuki faster than Frotzey drops his mains.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,554
    edited January 12
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    This reminds me of SFxT when I waited for Honda or Blanka and I got the electric oompa loompa and he fucking sucked and felt nothing like SF2 or SF4.

C) His style is hit and run with pesky offense and defense and this game doesn't allow for that and why I find it garbage personally. This is a offensive pressure game and his style may just fall flat or they again make him like SFxT which was not a fun Blanka to use.

SFxT Blanka is actually a very good character. He has one of the best normals in the game(far jab) which is hit confirmable into a chain. He has good incoming damage from a tag or chain himself, especially in the corner. His Cross Art has gigantic range(can hit some characters jumping forward from full screen), and is very fast. He has a lot of safe tag out options. Ex electricity is strike invul for like 25 frames and +8 on block. His electricity pressure does a good amount of damage(3 reps is 10% life). He has a block infinite which is a 2f link to do. He sort of demolishes any character attempting to throw projectiles. He has a bunch of airborne options which let him avoid different kinds of pressure. He has a good mobility overall.

His anti air is a little sketchy, but upball trades a lot and he can combo off the trade. His solo damage isn't great however, but cl.hp being special cancelable helps with confirming.

like this is not the sequence of a weak character

Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    I'm really hoping for a Command Throw to sneak its way into his Move list.
    Something like Fei Long's Tenshin to set the enemy up for combos and add to the mindgames. I know this is a bad time for a CT with the universal slower recovery coming but it'll be a great addition to his arsenal.
  • LakercronoLakercrono Joined: Posts: 309
    May have to try SF5 when Blanka comes out, though I will be so behind the curve. I'm guessing balls will be punishable on hit with whatever the SF5 equivalent of an Ultra is...
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,100
    edited January 17
    soon

• pesserpesser Joined: Posts: 159
    anyone the costume thats gonna be available that's some top tier troll shiz right there muahahahhahaah
    ssblanka

"tiger knee is the air. if dan can do it why can't sagat? he's a million times better than dan".