Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Blanka - General Discussion

Comments

• SavagerySavagery Joined: Posts: 107
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    BgM93x.gif
    Wait....wait.......wait......did he just stuff the Amazon River Run with Thunder?? Hope that @##$% doesn't come over in SFV.

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,524
    They will not make CVS2 one...
  • mykhulbeemykhulbee Joined: Posts: 18
    blanka was a pain to deal with for me back in sf4 and I can guess its still gonna be same. Glad for all blanka players tho.
    edited January 29
    Haven't been this anxious for a character reveal for a longggg time.
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    They will not make CVS2 one...
    Probably not but if they retain they same range and hit box info for the Amazon River run,that filth can happen again.
  • VoltaVolta Joined: Posts: 402
    The thing that annoyed me about River Run in IV was the stray hurtbox on startup. You got smacked during the first couple of frames even though the animation was nowhere near the opponent's hitbox.
  • VanceVance Dial down the center Joined: Posts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't mind if they totally change Blanka in SFV, as long as Blanka vs. Boxer is a 5-5 matchup or better. Every game Blanka is in, he's free vs. Boxer. Please make it stop. :|
    Ultra Street Fighter 2 player
    Used to play Street Fighter V before Season 2
    Played a lot of HD Remix
  • septicseptic TRIGGERED Joined: Posts: 604
    Will be interesting if he gets the Vega treatment and is no longer a charge character..

After the disappointment that is Sakura my fear is they play it too safe with Blanka. I think coming into the game brand new with two v-triggers isn't necessarily a good thing. Capcom was too cautious with Sakura, both her v-triggers are underwhelming and I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the season 3 cast get the same treatment.
    Wonder how many of the pros are actually going to take Blanka for a spin come release day.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,236 mod
    I'm sure like most new characters, every relevant pro is going to mash some buttons with him. Just like how a lot of them went streaming Sakura when she hit. We'll see if Chris G, HumanBomb or Alex Myers ever actually end up playing her. Kindevu getting top 16 with her is pretty beast especially since the last time I saw him play her was CVS2.

@SNAAAAKE I should have known the green man was gonna make you come out and get some scrubs to take walks.

@The Mullah Probably coming back for some green man too.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• HertogHertog Joined: Posts: 308
    So sad that this forum won't be around when Blanka arrives :(
    USF4: Blanka, Hugo

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, Guile, Kuma

SFV: Birdie, Necalli
    HM why?
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,781
    Hertog wrote: »
    So sad that this forum won't be around when Blanka arrives :(

Forums been saved. You can continue the plan to flood the blanka page with tech.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,936
    As for Blanka

V-Trigger: Shout of Earth similar SF4 Ultra2 and has anti air properties that staggers/CRUMPLE on ground by enemies.

blanka-electric.gif

V-Skill: Electric Thunder

I hope they would turn Blanka's Electric Thunder able to enhance his Rolling Attack specials.

If they hold VSkill button longer than usual it add/empower Blanka's Rolling Attack specials with static electric charge that increase the dealt stun gauge damage both blocked or unblocked.

Since nowadays it's like Capcom isn't into "Rapid Pushing" of buttons, So they could make it like by holding LP+LK

latest?cb=20120114002748

Unique Abilities

Has the different Jump speeds like KOF's Hyperjump, Hop and Hyperhop.

blanka-streetfighter-animated-movie-electric-loop.gif

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

DBFZ Optimization of other forms : Design Ideas Fusion Character | * Rose, Black & Zamasu in one character? | * SSJB & Kaoiken not as a multiple form and multiple power-up | *

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Pikon
    2.) Hit
    3.) Super Janemba
    4.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    5.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    6.) Caulifa
    7.) Kale
    8.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    9.) Rose with Zamasu
    10.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards
    New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • JOLTheadJOLThead Joined: Posts: 578
    I'm ready! Finally playing the game regularly. I'm using Guile to learn the game. Hope we get a Blanka with shenanigans, crossups, mobility, and a color option of white to make him look like Blizzard from Primal Rage. Thunder ROLL!
    PSN id: JOLThead
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,904

February 20th
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,385
    edited February 12
    At 36 seconds looks like he has a command grab that beat Sakuras cr. jab
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,268
    indeed, he has one

"New to Blanka’s arsenal is a command grab called Wild Hunt, where he leaps forward and viciously scratches the opponent before throwing them a set distance away from him. This addition to his move set opens up more opportunities for Blanka to be aggressive."

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/blog/2018/02/12/blanka-the-warrior-of-the-amazon-charges-in-to-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-on-february-20

He looks really good. Not too happy with his CA starting with a slash attack but everything else looks damn solid!!
  • HertogHertog Joined: Posts: 308
    A c. grab I'm really curious!
    USF4: Blanka, Hugo

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, Guile, Kuma

SFV: Birdie, Necalli
  • The_ShakunetsuThe_Shakunetsu The Burning Hadou of the East Joined: Posts: 3,936
    edited February 12
    Blanka with Gamma Charge?

Liking his visual, animations, gestures and movements so far.

SFV Arcademode, Storymode with SFA3 World Tour Challenges & Vtrigger/Vskill ideas
    Arcade Mode Concepts - Better than traditional Arcade Mode | Story Mode Suggestion - Battle Challenges, Battle Attack & Battle Type | V-Trigger & V-Skill Ideas

DBFZ Optimization of other forms : Design Ideas Fusion Character | * Rose, Black & Zamasu in one character? | * SSJB & Kaoiken not as a multiple form and multiple power-up | *

Character Wishlist SFV, DBFZ and MVCi

My DB Characters for DBFZ
    Solo Characters
    1.) Pikon
    2.) Hit
    3.) Super Janemba
    4.) Great Ape Baby or Adult Form
    5.) Syn Shenron - can transform to Omega
    6.) Caulifa
    7.) Kale
    8.) Dabora with Babidi

Pair/Tag Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Choi with Chang in CVS2, Cait with Sith in Code Chaos, Hisuii with Kohaku in MB, Danny with Demi in the Outfoxies, Jie Mei Hua in Dong Dong Never Dies and Groove-&-Fight's Oume with Otane.
    9.) Rose with Zamasu
    10.) Dabura and Babidi

Team Character - Can be either like the implementation of this characters in the named game: Captain Commando in MVC2, Doronjo in TVC, Tronbone in MVC2 or Ace Attorney in UMVC3.
    19.) Tien - Some specials summons Chiaozu and Launch
    20.) Ginew Forces - with The Ginew Forces Plays like (Captain Commando in MVC2 or Doronjo in TVC)
    21.) Meta Cooler - Plays like Ultron in MVCi
    22.) Roshi - Some specials summons Turtle and Oolong
    23.) Napa - Summon numerous Saibamen (like Gargos Ki or Tronbone in MVC2)
    24.) Bojack

My Capcom Characters for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
    SIGMA X ULTRON HENCHMEN- Consist of bounty hunters, heroes rival, dominant forces and altered or robotized Capcom characters.

1.) Cyber Akuma - Akuma with cybernetic enhancement, Ryu's recurring rival.
    2.) Mecha Zangief - A Zangief cloned Repliod.
    3.) Devilot with Super-8 from Cyberbots. (older version that look like Doronjo and plays like Doronjo TVC and Trone bonne combined)
    4.) Cyborg Charlie Nash -MvSF Bison's Ending with Shadow lady missiles and electric shock

CAPCOM- New Characters

1.) Felyne - from Monster Hunter (rival to Rocket Racoon)
    2.) Hauzer - from Warzard (Godzilla and Kaiju)
    3.) Son-Son - the original son-son (male) (Goku) (plays like Tekkaman Blade in TVC)
    4.) Nina - from Breath of Fire (plot can be from the cause of using Reality Gem)
    5.) Saturn Dyer - Plasma Sword Character (The Mask) (plays like Yatterman -1 in TVC)
    6.) Tessa/Tabasa - from Warzard (her previous plots revolves on crystals involvement)
    7.) Pure and Fur - Protector of Capcom world.
    8.) Rouge - Power Stone (her previous plots revolves on acquiring power stones involvement)
    9.) Anita(Older) (DS/VS What if Character) - A like a Jojo bizzare character/persona/shaman king, summoner that summons Donovan and his sword (Touhou)
    10.) Ingrid - A crossover character
    11.) Ruby Heart - MVC2 (Magic stone involvement) Pirate
    12.) Asura - from Asura's Wrath.
    13.) Astaroth - from Ghost and Goblins size is like Dormammu or from Project-X-Zone
    14.) Nero - Devil May Cry (mix of Vergil, Dante and TVC Soki)
    15.) Shoma - Rival Schools

MARVEL

1.) Doom
    2.) Spider-man
    3.) Wolverine
    4.) Thanos
    5.) Venom
    6.) Cyclops

My Characters for SF5's 4th Season onwards
    New Characters

Different Playstyle I want in SFV
    1.) Xianyu and Jianyu - as a pair fights like Choi and Chang in CVS2.
    2.) Delta Red Rep!! - Can play like Captain Commando. (Team/Ginew/Turtles)
    3.) Yun and Yang - play like how rival school or Capcom Fighting Jam works you can switch characters after or before round in matches.
    4.) I want Lee or a Jacky Chan Rep to be a character that plays tricky on block and overheads like Iron Fist in UMVC3.

Characters I want to return
    1.) Sodom
    2.) Maki
    3.) Eagle
    4.) Necro
    5.) Oro

Characters and concepts that need to explored before going to SF3 Timeline
    1.) Tom
    2.) Noembelu

Designs I want to see again in SF
    1.) Asuka (from concept design) - play like KOF kazumi and Hokuto from SFex
    2.) Wraith (Slam Master)

SFV Guest from SF expansions
    1.) Skullomania
    2.) Garuda

Extra Battle and Cameo Costumes

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/216908/extra-battle-thoughts-and-ideas-for-dlc-costumes-and-npc-encounters
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,781
    I wasn't expecting him to look so.... authentic? Def a good sign. They did give us the troll costume but his movements don't seem stupid goofy like I thought they would be.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    Hertog wrote: »
    A c. grab I'm really curious!

Never hurts to ask i guess! This was on my wish list and what do you know,it came true! He needed something like this to add to the mind games.
    Really happy with what i'm seeing so far! Good job CAPCOM!!
    A couple of observations:

- After the forward throw, Blanka seems to have recovered while the opponent is still bouncing on the ground. Maybe that means you'll be plus after a follow-up command hop for mid-screen throw loops. This is especially powerful as he most likely gets command hop > throw after a CC as well. This almost seems to good to be true, so let's wait and see.

- In the same vein he seems to get oki off of everything: after the cr. fierce CC'd Sakura she landed over half a screen away. I assume his cr. fierce would not be the only knockdown CC in the game that doesn't give oki, correct me if I'm wrong.

- St. strong seems to reach relatively far, at least for SFV's standards. It was his best poke in IV, and I thought it's very telling that they chose to show this poke without any context. I'm guessing it will be his main poke again.

- Forward Command Hop seems to have invincible frames, or at least a very small lower body hurtbox.

- He can still combo cr. forward xx Electric Thunder like in IV. I wonder if jab xx Electric Thunder still works as well, which was his BnB pressure tool.

- He still has his BnB jump in, cr. forward, st. jab xx Roll, and he can now extend it with EX Electric Thunder > EX Vertical Roll if he does EX Roll after st. jab.

- Rainbow Roll startup seems extremely slow with the double hop backwards, but I'm guessing it's safe on block. Seems to have very good comboability if you land it, though.

- I didn't notice this at first, but after he does the st. fierce in the trailer he goes for a very quick Coward Crouch and wakes up with Wild Lift. Looks similar to his st. fierce in SFII, and I wonder if it's quick enough to do Coward Crouch xx Wild Lift as an AA.

- Which brings me to his AA. Since his traditional AA buttons such as st. strong and st. fierce both hit horizontally (cr. fierce too), I'm guessing st. roundhouse will be his go-to AA button, although cr. strong is used in the trailer. It's interesting how he's plus after cr. strong AA > cross under Hop into cr. forward, it was quick enough to beat Sakura's cr. jab. Reminds me AA st. strong > cross under roll in SFII.

- Coward crouch seems to be a great mix-up tool as it recovers so fast; whenever the opponent sees the crouch he has to guess between a regular attack (Wild Lift) or a very hard to anti-air jump (Raid Jump). I doubt you can still Command Hop cancel the Coward Crouch like in IV, I think that would give him too many dangerous options up close (WL, RJ or Command Hop > Bite). In a game where jumping is so good, Raid Jump will be a powerful tool.

- His CA looks similar to Ultra 1, but with better comboability. His triggers seem very versatile, trigger I looks very good as a combo extender, especially when used as Ground Shave. Trigger II seems to make Roll safe, and of course enables the crazy Marvel-esque air combos. Since it can be used after every one of his three rolls, and juggles multiple times in the trailer, I'm guessing that one (AA) Vertical Roll is enough to make your opponent eat the full damage of the trigger.

- He appears to be a very complete character: he has good combo potential, good mobility, an overhead, a command grab, short hang-time, non-stubby normals and good options against projectiles such as Coward Crouch, Rainbow Roll and EX Roll, assuming it's still invulnerable to projectiles. Both of his triggers seem useful for specific matchups.

- His victory dance > your character's victory pose.
  • JOLTheadJOLThead Joined: Posts: 578
    I kept begging for a command grab in sfIV. Finally! I'm excited about the look and moves of SFV Blanka.
    PSN id: JOLThead
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,575
    Savagery wrote: »
    He looks really good. Not too happy with his CA starting with a slash attack but everything else looks damn solid!!

it's reminiscent of his SFxT level 3 and the his super in that game
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • MofoSLOMofoSLO Joined: Posts: 20

SEXY :)
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,318
    blanka gameplay looks so sick
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • BR3N7BR3N7 Finally the Electric Oompa Loompa gets a command grab! Joined: Posts: 2,266
    edited February 14
    BR3N7 wrote: »
    While this will make me retry the garbage game I have 3 major concerns. This reminds me of SFxT when I waited for Honda or Blanka and I got the electric oompa loompa and he fucking sucked and felt nothing like SF2 or SF4.

A) They don't make his electricity pianoable like SF4. If they make it a simple input option like Kolin I swear... Or light electricity is negative on block... I want electric pressure/mixups....

B) His Vertical balls will be garbage tier. Please make his EX vertical ball a GTFO move that has invincibility. If he lacks this I can declare now he will be low tier like FANG. Make it punishable AF but invincible.

C) His style is hit and run with pesky offense and defense and this game doesn't allow for that and why I find it garbage personally. This is a offensive pressure game and his style may just fall flat or they again make him like SFxT which was not a fun Blanka to use.

I am about excited as I can be given it wasn't salt tossed and a fat sumo and maybe he will be a close enough port from SF4 and I can play this game again.

So.... Ummmmmm... the difference was always Oicho Throw IMO between Honda and Blanka.

Why I can't confirm without playing I feel all 3 want's were hit and got a fucking command grab as a bonus even if just EX.

Can't wait for Tuesday to play this game again for the first time in a long while.
  • IM_AmazonIM_Amazon Joined: Posts: 163
    edited February 15
    Looks great so far! Backstep allowing a combo/juggle for that startup and (lack of) invuln is perfection. All the Nash players are going to be jealous with their Moonsaults...

Also thrilled to see his command grab work like Revenger. Love that stuff. His Triggers look good, his normals great, I dig the increased differentiation in Hops, the TC looks promising, the new Upball angles are intriguing, and even the costumes hit bullseyes. They really did just take what worked and fleshed him out even more, which is a good place to start.

I honestly didn't know how badly I wanted him back before this. Having such excellent production value and changes on Blanka of all people is rich.

Any opinions on Thunder only having one strength? I personally like that since my Hands execution was buttcheeks, but I'm interested to know how much that could affect his game.
    His weaknesses so far seem to be: no 3-framer, no 2-bar VT, and very poor throw range.

All in all very manageable, I think he has the tools to deal with pretty much any matchup.
    IM_Amazon wrote: »
    Looks great so far! Backstep allowing a combo/juggle for that startup and (lack of) invuln is perfection. All the Nash players are going to be jealous with their Moonsaults...

Also thrilled to see his command grab work like Revenger. Love that stuff. His Triggers look good, his normals great, I dig the increased differentiation in Hops, the TC looks promising, the new Upball angles are intriguing, and even the costumes hit bullseyes. They really did just take what worked and fleshed him out even more, which is a good place to start.

I honestly didn't know how badly I wanted him back before this. Having such excellent production value and changes on Blanka of all people is rich.

Any opinions on Thunder only having one strength? I personally like that since my Hands execution was buttcheeks, but I'm interested to know how much that could affect his game.

I'm very happy with ET having only one strength. In IV, you had to be insanely fast to piano out fierce electricity. Good riddance.

Volta wrote: »
    In IV, you had to be insanely fast to piano out fierce electricity. Good riddance.

You were messing up by pianoing it, sliding is faster and less hand straining.

Loss of electricity differences means he potentially loses tools. In SF4 HP elec is generally for pressure but it is slower to offset the frame advantage it gives on block, while LP is faster which gives it uses as a situational anti air or to blow up a high normal. They also had different input buffers, this meant it was nice to have LP electricity buffered to react to something, but you could also clear the input queue faster with hp preventing it from coming out which allowed some option selects.

Homogenizing them means you end up with less potential frame advantage, and probably a version with medium speed which has less uses overall.

Overall it's a boon for people who didn't practice doing electricity well, and it's a negative for those who have. If EX electricity is useful, you'll probably have people complaining that it is too hard to do too.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    Veserius wrote: »
    You were messing up by pianoing it, sliding is faster and less hand straining.

Loss of electricity differences means he potentially loses tools. In SF4 HP elec is generally for pressure but it is slower to offset the frame advantage it gives on block, while LP is faster which gives it uses as a situational anti air or to blow up a high normal. They also had different input buffers, this meant it was nice to have LP electricity buffered to react to something, but you could also clear the input queue faster with hp preventing it from coming out which allowed some option selects.

Homogenizing them means you end up with less potential frame advantage, and probably a version with medium speed which has less uses overall.

Overall it's a boon for people who didn't practice doing electricity well, and it's a negative for those who have. If EX electricity is useful, you'll probably have people complaining that it is too hard to do too.

Pianoing, sliding, whatever I did, I couldn't reliably get it to work. I practiced 10 minutes every day for a couple of months before I gave up. I'll be the first to admit that my execution in general isn't the greatest, but fierce electricity really was a pain for most players. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a few characters with high execution barriers, but in the case of my main I'd gladly take a less sophisticated move that is easier to execute.

Pianoing, sliding, whatever I did, I couldn't reliably get it to work. I practiced 10 minutes every day for a couple of months before I gave up. I'll be the first to admit that my execution in general isn't the greatest, but fierce electricity really was a pain for most players.

as someone with self proclaimed bad execution, I'm going to go with those things being related.

if you're practicing in a poor way, obviously it's not going to go well as well.
    Veserius wrote: »
    Pianoing, sliding, whatever I did, I couldn't reliably get it to work. I practiced 10 minutes every day for a couple of months before I gave up. I'll be the first to admit that my execution in general isn't the greatest, but fierce electricity really was a pain for most players.

as someone with self proclaimed bad execution, I'm going to go with those things being related.

if you're practicing in a poor way, obviously it's not going to go well as well.

A friend of mine could do it every time with the sliding method, I got it perhaps 1 out of 20 times. I did it the way The Mullah demonstrated in a vid. I had more success with his method so I stuck with that, but I never got it to work consistently either.

Back then there was this discussion in the Blanka forums about what you could do to increase your speed. People came up with the most ridiculous stuff such as training with the CoC grippers.
    the mullah's method is so bad that even he stopped using it.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,318
    1 more day left, hype 2 stronk for the one costume lol
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • alex_000alex_000 Joined: Posts: 60
    edited February 21
    Very sad to see that electric thunder is insanely nerfed compared to SF4. It's beaten by jump fierce attacks. That means if you do light ball > electric thunder cancel to counter an opponent that netural jumps all the time your electric thunder will be beaten.

Same thing if you use electric thunder as anti-air you'll be beaten. It's hurtbox must be very strange like it's only to the left and right side, and not to the top (where it seems like the hurtbox is). It's only usefull for grounded opponents.
    alex_000 wrote: »
    Very sad to see that electric thunder is insanely nerfed compared to SF4. It's beaten by jump fierce attacks. That means if you do light ball > electric thunder cancel to counter an opponent that netural jumps all the time your electric thunder will be beaten.

Same thing if you use electric thunder as anti-air you'll be beaten. It's hurtbox must be very strange like it's only to the left and right side, and not to the top (where it seems like the hurtbox is). It's only usefull for grounded opponents.

Did you do jab ET? I did fierce and it beat most jumping attacks or at least trade (vs. Akuma).