The SFV Lounge: SRK is ALIVE. AE Hype is BACK! DISCORD going the way of DISCO

Comments

• TWINBLADESTWINBLADES KOLIN WILL BE SHIT TIER IN SEASON 3 (WE FALKE NOAW) Joined: Posts: 10,435
    edited January 13
    Froztey wrote: »
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Sigh

It’ll never end will it........

shush yourself I know you're happy about this I watch you play your AA game is questionable without jab

How dare you call my AA’s into question you fucking sus ass bitch!!!!!!!!
    SFV: KOLIN/CAMMY
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
  • SpadaSpada CFN: MeraMora /MeraSpada Joined: Posts: 674
    After seeing the AE stream, I hope this is not the the final version and a launch day patch exists. Zangief V-trigger 2 damage is too much, 400 dmg out of a max distance Cr.mk !! It’s unreal. But than again it would be funny to see Itazan use it against Nemo..hmmm
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,764 mod
    Spada wrote: »
    After seeing the AE stream, I hope this is not the the final version and a launch day patch exists. Zangief V-trigger 2 damage is too much, 400 dmg out of a max distance Cr.mk !! It’s unreal. But than again it would be funny to see Itazan use it against Nemo..hmmm

The Gief thread is laughing at you.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• SpadaSpada CFN: MeraMora /MeraSpada Joined: Posts: 674
    edited January 13
    Spada wrote: »

The Gief thread is laughing at you.

I went to have a look, they don’t seem very happy with Zangief, to be fair he is weaker if you picked VT1 and compared him to S02. But the potential of his VT2 is very scary, don’t know why they didn’t take notice of this. Could it be that the rumors about Giefs players being the masters of downplaying are true ?
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,672
    edited January 13
    Checks his Twitch Friends list and sees everyone watching CountBlackulee :lol:
    Post edited by Darc Requiem on
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,866
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    i love it when I eat ass and her ass hair gets caught inbetween my teeth
    Then when I pull it from my teeth out I clean the dingleberries off for her

Ewwwww ass hair. That stuff is the worst. Why is it even there anyway?
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,791
    why does Abigail have infinite armor on VT2 lol and he can super from it

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,265
    In that video she gets him with a jumping fierce. I'd like someone to test the jump in buttons vs different strength AA normals.

I had that theory that it'll be x will beat y but you have to pick right. In other words AA jabs will only beat some jump ins not all.
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,719
    edited January 13
    Veggie wrote: »
    This dude on the gdq stream just beat punch-out AND super punch-out at the same time, using one controller! I have no words.

Damn, I could never beat either one of those games, no matter how many hours and hours and hours I worked on it. The thing I love about old games is you have one chance to beat the game, no saving and resuming where you left of whenever you want.
    Let me guess...

Your girl give you a blow job you never kissing her again????

Grow up

Not immediately afterwards, no

I don't see why anyone would willingly do that kind of thing either though

Or why I would subject her to that

Yeah, I don't get it either, and for what it's worth, I think my wife would turn her head in disgust if I ever tried to kiss her after a BJ... In fact, she has told me she thinks it's a huge turn-off, but I don't think a lot of girls would see it that way.
    CFN: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,672
    @Highlandfireball He's testing Ryu right now. Tune in
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,377
    In that video she gets him with a jumping fierce. I'd like someone to test the jump in buttons vs different strength AA normals.

I had that theory that it'll be x will beat y but you have to pick right. In other words AA jabs will only beat some jump ins not all.

Naw that video is the equivalent of the stupendous video. Earlier he was using the same jump punch and it literally looks like the jhp goes right through the jab with invincibility.

What’s actually happening:

The heavies seem to have had a reduced hurtbox on their frontal portions. The only place he could get an AA jab to hit was when the heavy was spaced shallow where the jab could hit her in the ass or around there. As soon as it’s a further away jump, the heavy wins clean.

This is basically a “buff” to jumpins from far away, at least against AA jabs.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,719
    Damage off his VT2 is insane. About 300 for VT Parry xx EX DP. I think it was 514 for VT Parry xx CA.

I'm definitely trying him out in AE.
    CFN: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
    edited January 13
    Ryu VT2 is definitely something to look out for. It's not like parry where it comes with all of those issues and ways to max range a button so he can barely get a punish.

His VT2 is basically a Kolin parry without no height requirement. You press 2 buttons and if you catch a hit box you suck them into 170ish damage into probably a lot more than that. Should allow you to bully the neutral a bit better with people afraid of catching the counter. Which is great for a character like Ryu because he already has strong AA. If people jump and they do some aerial special that's reactable, V Trigger parry it. Otherwise just standard AA them and pressure them on the ground. I can see Ryu countering Sim or Menat limbs on reaction and going to town

Probably the best trigger to make up for him no longer having a meterless DP. You have something that just sucks hit boxes in into big damage.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• JeromJerom Joined: Posts: 1,225
    edited January 13

Iv seen people say jab aa still works but its way more inconsistent now. They could make it so AA jabs only beat every 1 out of 10 jumpins and peeps would still complain
    CFN: Jeromy
    gief abby
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 961
    I told ya'll bout dem AA jabs.

STOP

JUMPING

You can AA jab in SFIII and more so SFIV. It was never going away it's just been shrinking here and there.
    Dem Barney Rubbles are back.

• HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,265
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    the Cr.Mk change is REALLY noticable it hits at his toes now

So we are thinking that might be a buff? I was unsure on that. You'd need to training room both versions. He should see how many squares it hits. I figured that was just one change to the push back.
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc Joined: Posts: 2,019
    Yo Urien's VT2 can be cancelled from cr. mk

hahahahahahaha
    Welcome back King of Muay Thai.
    Hurry up and release the DMCV trailer capcom/sony.
  • Heat_SleepHeat_Sleep Everything you do is a balloon. Joined: Posts: 1,733
    I like how GG has dedicated AA buttons with 1F upper body invincibility. Wish SF had it.
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc Joined: Posts: 2,019
    crossup psycho crusher into psycho crusher

muwahahahahaha
    Welcome back King of Muay Thai.
    Hurry up and release the DMCV trailer capcom/sony.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,371
    edited January 13
    Heat_Sleep wrote: »
    I like how GG has dedicated AA buttons with 1F upper body invincibility. Wish SF had it.

I don't think any are first frame air invincible (actually no air invincibility), normally closer to 5-8f they get low profile hurtboxes then anti-air for 4-6f depending on the quality of the 6P. If you do a late, low air dash you'll eat a lot of 6P's unless you run into their active frames. However, when I mean low profile I mean REALLY low, some characters don't have vertical enough air attacks to really hit them while in the air. That's why when you think you've anti-aired chipp you still eat j.D to the face a lot.

Blazblue has a attack type system. They don't have true invuln but 'jump-in' invuln on their anti-airs. However, some moves don't have 'jump-in' properties despite being in the air (normally air specials that are negative on block but meant to bait anti-airs) so will eat BB's generally slow anti-airs for breakfast.

Both games have strong anti-airs with just as strong ways to bait them.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,887
    Ryu VT2 is definitely something to look out for. It's not like parry where it comes with all of those issues and ways to max range a button so he can barely get a punish.

Another big plus is that the timer last a pretty long time. So you don't even necessarily have to use it. You can just keep it around to mess with your opponents head. I'm just bummed that DP juggles are locked to VT1. Otherwise that would have been another huge plus for VT2.

Probably the most important info that is left for us to find out is how fast the start up is? If it's 1f then that's very good. 2f is still pretty good. If it's 3f then that would kill a lot of my excitement for this. It feels like most of the cast uses block strings with only a 2f gap. If we can't squeeze this in between most common block strings then this will pretty much be the anti cross up parry.
    Rice_Eater wrote: »

Another big plus is that the timer last a pretty long time. So you don't even necessarily have to use it. You can just keep it around to mess with your opponents head. I'm just bummed that DP juggles are locked to VT1. Otherwise that would have been another huge plus for VT2.

Probably the most important info that is left for us to find out is how fast the start up is? If it's 1f then that's very good. 2f is still pretty good. If it's 3f then that would kill a lot of my excitement for this. It feels like most of the cast uses block strings with only a 2f gap. If we can't squeeze this in between most common block strings then this will pretty much be the anti cross up parry.

Most V Trigger counters are 2 or 3 frame start up IIRC. Remember hearing Kolin's and Vega's counters have about that start up.

Might get lucky and they want to give him the Kolin EX parry treatment and go 1 frame, but that would probably be lucky. We'll see.

Alki just gonna go charging through the plasma now.

Birdie's VT2 can anti air then combo into super, but Zeku's VT2 can't lol.

I missed Zekus vt2. They are saying it’s the worst in the game. Anything good about it at all?
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Yo Urien's VT2 can be cancelled from cr. mk

hahahahahahaha

Do we know how unsafe it is on block?
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Juri Duty All Day Joined: Posts: 1,623
    edited January 13
    Dime wrote: »
    Birdie's VT2 can anti air then combo into super, but Zeku's VT2 can't lol.

I missed Zekus vt2. They are saying it’s the worst in the game. Anything good about it at all?

All I saw with Zeku's VT2 is that he could Vtrigger cancel it from his DP, but nothing juggled after. Birdie's VT2 activation has him shoot fire upward, then he could juggle into bullhead canceled into super.
    JokeeBoi wrote: »
    New mobile look is ass.

Well not like it matters anymore because we're moving to new software in a couple week any way.

• JokeeBoiJokeeBoi Literally nobody. Joined: Posts: 1,803
    Is the new stuff we're moving to good?
    The only thing I really know is that I don't know a damn thing.
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,887
    Most V Trigger counters are 2 or 3 frame start up IIRC. Remember hearing Kolin's and Vega's counters have about that start up.

Might get lucky and they want to give him the Kolin EX parry treatment and go 1 frame, but that would probably be lucky. We'll see.

I was watching Count Black's AE stream. He's a player that got a hold of the copy early. Although I didn't see it, Valle was watching the stream and saw Count Black test the parry and he said it starts up in 3f. So yeah that kind of sucks. I really wished it would have been 2f instead. But we can make it work. It's just not the invincible DP replacement that some were hoping for.

At least I found out that EX joudan works from mediums. So he can do st. MP, cr. MP, EX donkey, DP for pretty good damage.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,371
    edited January 13
    JokeeBoi wrote: »
    Is the new stuff we're moving to good?

It's really customizable, like to see a darker theme but this site is using it
    https://discuss.codecademy.com/

Here's a list of a few sites that use the new stuff. It's a lot cheaper (less than a 4th the price). However, it's extremely customizable supposedly so how it works when we get it is unknown currently.

Edit:
    Honestly if they made this dark and with bigger avatars I think I'd be ok (I know avatar size is customizable as I looked into the software). This doesn't look awful https://community.drownedinsound.com/c/music. Most places probably don't put a whole lot of customization into the look.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken