The SFV Lounge: SRK is ALIVE. AE Hype is BACK! DISCORD going the way of DISCO

Comments

• DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,764 mod
    JokeeBoi wrote: »
    Is the new stuff we're moving to good?

Someone reported that what we're moving to (Discourse) was kinda buggy when they were using it for work. With that said they said it's been a while since then so hopefully we move into a less buggy software.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,672
    Another AE Stream is going on.

CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
    Rice_Eater wrote: »
    Most V Trigger counters are 2 or 3 frame start up IIRC. Remember hearing Kolin's and Vega's counters have about that start up.

Might get lucky and they want to give him the Kolin EX parry treatment and go 1 frame, but that would probably be lucky. We'll see.

I was watching Count Black's AE stream. He's a player that got a hold of the copy early. Although I didn't see it, Valle was watching the stream and saw Count Black test the parry and he said it starts up in 3f. So yeah that kind of sucks. I really wished it would have been 2f instead. But we can make it work. It's just not the invincible DP replacement that some were hoping for.

At least I found out that EX joudan works from mediums. So he can do st. MP, cr. MP, EX donkey, DP for pretty good damage.

It is what it is. A one fits all capture state counter wasn't going to be 1 frame and didn't have much of a shot at 2 even. Still gotta burn EX DP or V Reversal to get out of the tough shit.

He definitely sounds more well rounded and has a vast toolset compared to his old self now. Getting a new V Trigger that can slow down unga bunga and VTCable EX hadoken is a big deal for his neutral.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• SkieghSkiegh I am Ryudo Unit 2R Joined: Posts: 438
    Seems I missed the turmoil on SRK. I mostly just lurk about as I once did (though I will give AE a shot -- give SFV the same second chance I gave SFIV), but I'm glad the forum is safe. Forums are like the founding fathers and cornerstones of the internet, they must be preserved for as long as possible. Did SRK open up a patreon or something? I'll put some amount in if they did -- certainly wouldn't be the first forum I've put money towards keeping alive (they fade fast these days). Even if people just pop in a dollar, it adds up fast enough with enough donating traffic.

I always just assumed if SRK was personified as a Street Fighter character it would have been Ryu -- a shoto or something. As it turns out it's...

latest?cb=20101223212249

Now we just gotta build max meter for the next time...
    I tried to catch a gif of Ryu's c.MK.

Tpex6oD.jpg

I'm guessing it might have still hit from that range in Season 2, but you can let me know if you see anything.

• pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    how are all these dudes getting the game this early?

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • serpentaurusserpentaurus just watching Joined: Posts: 4,594
    Vega and Zeku should trade Vtriggers 2. Vega needs the damn invincible Dp and Zeku could use that counter. Zeku vtrigger 1 is godlike though, no need for more.
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
  • serpentaurusserpentaurus just watching Joined: Posts: 4,594
    Or better yet, give Vega the 3 vtriggers so that he can be viable this season at least.
    umvc3: Thor / Dr.Strange / Ammy - Thor / Dorm / Doom - Wesker / Dr.Strange / Vergil - ssf4: Vega
  • Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,887
    Man I just really wish they made Ryu's VT2 3 bars instead and let it last at least 30 seconds. He would then actually get the time he needs to properly use those fireballs to zone and hopefully push people to the corner to try and land those shiny new DP juggles that he got.

With the current state of both VT's I'd rather use VT2 even if it's nothing more then a scare tactic. VT1 ends so quick and doesn't let me go nuts. People just gotta sit back, jump a couple of fireballs and it's almost over.
    how are all these dudes getting the game this early?

I feel like I remember you asking this about another game (probably earlier SFV) a while back.

That's how I know I've been on SRK too long.

edited January 13
    I tried to catch a gif of Ryu's c.MK.
    Tpex6oD.jpg

I'm guessing it might have still hit from that range in Season 2, but you can let me know if you see anything.

I just went to training mode. It does seem to hit farther. Ryu's foot was passing right through Ken when I was testing Cr. MK range.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,791
    new york players have early copies im sure, when i got SFV a week or 2 before its release i went to the same store all the top players go to they just arent streaming it outta fear maybe

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    edited January 13
    I just went to training mode. It that does seem to hit farther. Ryu was foot was passing right through Ken when I was testing Cr. MK range.

If you're talking about going into training mode with current SFV, kinda ambiguous there.

It's also difficult to tell the range of hit boxes by throwing buttons at a character that is standing still in training mode. Hit boxes and hurt boxes change a lot in actual play and everyone just kinda has the same static hurt box/throw box when standing still.

With that said, if the c.MK is longer it should tap Ken standing still from a bit further away even in idle stance. Either way Ken isn't a good idle character to test as his character model bounces around a lot (while the actual hurt box for him stays completely still). He even bounces around a bit when he's crouching so his crouch probably isn't great to test either.

I just went to training mode. It that does seem to hit farther. Ryu was foot was passing right through Ken when I was testing Cr. MK range.

If you're talking about going into training mode with current SFV, kinda ambiguous there.

It's also difficult to tell the range of hit boxes by throwing buttons at a character that is standing still in training mode. Hit boxes and hurt boxes change a lot in actual play and everyone just kinda has the same static hurt box/throw box when standing still.

With that said, if the c.MK is longer it should tap Ken standing still from a bit further away even in idle stance.

Yeah I'm not a Ryu expert. Highland, HNIC Mike, or Riceater would probably know right away. In my limited testing his hit box seems to start at his ankle right now. His foot itself didn't hit anything. That gif seems to show otherwise.
    edited January 13

With that said, if the c.MK is longer it should tap Ken standing still from a bit further away even in idle stance.

Yeah I'm not a Ryu expert. Highland, HNIC Mike, or Riceater would probably know right away. In my limited testing his hit box seems to start at his ankle right now. His foot itself didn't hit anything. That gif seems to show otherwise.

Yeah either way you still might be on to something as since the hurt boxes are stationary, it would hit in the same place regardless of what the character animating is doing.

• HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,265
    You could try and act out what just happened in that gif. I dunno, it's not something you can visually identify , if it's been buffed we would be talking like 1-2 small squares on the grid, it would be too hard to see that.
    Well, it's not going to be mind blowing either way since basic c.MK fireball doesn't true string or anything like that and probably won't leave you at any interesting place frame wise outside of VT1.

• Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,791
    Check the AE stream archive the dude was specifically trying out things we all talked about

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,265
    mowr wrote: »
    Hey maybe Ryu will be able to outfootsie Laura now

Brings up an interesting point, what happens if you use V-trigger parry on a fireball. Does he punch through the fireball? That would fuck that bitch up.
    If it works like Alex' sledgehammer attack after parry with much faster start up, could be interesting vs fireballs.

• mowrmowr VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,946
    edited January 13
    It probably works like Abigail's V-Skill parry where there's like a hitbox shockwave and if you're in it you get caught, just that Ryu's has a vaccuum effect on top so if you're in the air you get grounded and such.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=nZbQctu85BY

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 786
    itzpookiie wrote: »
    i love it when I eat ass and her ass hair gets caught inbetween my teeth
    Then when I pull it from my teeth out I clean the dingleberries off for her
    Lmao I can't believe this forum almost died. Leave LordWilliam1234 alone

DBFZ's beta is doing a SFV beta with the failure to connect to the server.
  • GamogoGamogo Common sense isn't. Joined: Posts: 2,989
    Outsourced low-rent animation aside, Vega's VT2 is looking both decent and versatile.

I agree re: Ryu's c.mk - it looks to have slightly more forward reach. I'm really looking forward to trying him in S3.
    Guacamole is awesome.
  • appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,061
    JLALloyd wrote: »

"Let’s get back to the beta and start with the dates, in case you missed them (if that’s even possible):

13th January at 8am GMT/9am CET (if you pre-ordered the game on Playstation Store.)
    14th January at 8am GMT/9am CET for everyone."

^ I preordered on ps store

The streams for the game are unwatchable ATM with no one being able to play. Even if they were playing it'd be ABC knockdown super fest with saiyans. Meh.

edited January 13
    ^ I preordered on ps store

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    maybe its get enabled later for the us version?
    streamer is from germany.

https://twitch.tv/directory/game/Dragon%20Ball%20FighterZ

edited January 13
    I'm French and I have some friends that were able to get matches earlier, I checked twitter and a lot of people are experiencing the same thing all around the world + matchmaking issues. Oh well I'll play after work.

CPU battle is available but the team selection is random
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,371
    Hm I got in, training mode isn't in game just tutorial mode. Couldn't figure out how to summon shenron after having all 7 dragon balls and 7 meters.

Guess I'll try something tomorrow. No training mode sucks.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • ToreyBeansToreyBeans SHAMOOOOOONE~! Joined: Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 13
    I summoned Shenron - seems that the number of 10s in your combos determines which ball you get (e.g. 10 hits for the one star ball, 20 hits for the 2 star ball, etc). Then you have to do the light attack super move. The super will get interrupted and Shenron'll show up.

Oh yeah! Figured out that you get a dragon ball whenever you do a light attack auto combo.

There's even a specific order for getting the dragon balls when you auto combo:

1st auto combo - 4 star ball
    2nd auto combo - 2 star ball
    3rd auto combo - 5 star ball
    4th auto combo - 3 star ball
    5th auto combo - 6 star ball
    6th auto combo - 7 star ball
    7th auto combo - 1 star ball
    Post edited by ToreyBeans on
    CFN: ToreyBeans - Birdie
    PSN: Raiken05
  • LosLos Joined: Posts: 917
    So you won't eat pussy because that's where pee comes out? I'm sure you can use some hand sanitizer to make it ad hygienic as possible, she'll appreciate
    edited January 13
    Los wrote: »
    So you won't eat pussy because that's where pee comes out? I'm sure you can use some hand sanitizer to make it ad hygienic as possible, she'll appreciate

wrong thread? :coffee: :pensive:
    Post edited by appo on

@Highlandfireball Watching Brent's stream. Apparently Cr.MK has more range than St.LK according to one of the Ryu players.