Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The SFV Lounge: SRK is ALIVE. AE Hype is BACK! DISCORD going the way of DISCO

Comments

• FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 13,193
    Eternal wrote: »
    Daemos wrote: »
    I think second only to Bison's cape and Hot Ryu, Blanka's story mode costume is one of the best costumes in SF history. In the context of everything we know about the character and culture around him, it's absolutely genius. Ono is a fucking genius.

Blanka's mascot uniform is the best outfit he's over anything he had in 4 or SFxT. It's got a perfect troll face on it, fitting for the character and his fans, and it's kind of adorable. It manages to thread that needle perfectly where you get mad but you can't stay mad. Polar opposite of that giant glowing feather halo shit he had in SF4 where it was only fun for the person playing it at the time and everyone else hates it.
    Quark wrote: »
    looks like blanka is still obnoxious to fight. just as he should be.

his face is a little weird but I'll forgive him when he has the best hair in the game.

and also the best costume.
    3rbmepP8yWDr.png

Blanka's hair is the thing I actually one thing dislike about his remake. It's too poofy, moves around too much and gets in the way. They should have gone with the look of his nostalgia outfit which is longer than SF4 without adding like 2 feet to his height. I like the longer shin & arm hair, and I like his hair on head overall longer, I just dislike how fucking giant it is. Then again, I hate the same thing about Necalli's VT but that is FAAARRR worse.
    NCK_Feroce wrote: »
    Daemos wrote: »
    So....how come blanka (like sakura) didn't a get complete movelist overhaul? :/

They are playing it safe. They can’t take the same risks as year 1 from a financial standpoint. This is why we have 2 new characters this season alongside 4 returning. They have more leeway with them to indulge their creativity.

That's good if you ask me, if they maintain the same way with Cody and Sagat people will be extremely pleased. I don't hear Sakura and Blanka players complaints about their mains movesets, this is a good step in the right direction.

The incredibly drastic change in look for Cody over Final Fight or Street Fighter has me worried they'll pull a Juri on him where they kind of try to keep some of the flavor of the character in concept but they change everything so much that it just hints at the original character rather than feels like the same one with new tricks.

With cody, you may not have to worry as much (although his mayor status could be a hint). I mean, he's a fan favorite and I believe many cody fans were longing for him to break his cuffs and get some change. Id' be 50% optimistic that he won't change and the other 50% slightly concerned.

• GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 3,011
    Did I miss the last chore for the last piece of the viewtiful Joe thing?
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 611
    Not FGC related, but today at work, I got some sweet, sweet, vindication...
    There’s been two contractors managing some sort of IT solution (don’t want to get into specifics) at one of our sites (us and another company).

A few months ago, the other contractor (to my belief) sabotaged some work we did, as well as told the client a whole bunch of lies to make us look like shit so the owner would only work with them. The owner questioned me about the statements they made, and I explained why all of their lies were BS and offered to come in and prove to the owner the other contractor was lying, but the owner refused. They believed all the other company’s BS and didn’t want us to touch the system again.

We have a one year warranty on our installations and yesterday I got a call from the owner saying that one of our slightly older installations (still within the warranty) could not be located on the system and the other contractor told the owner that they believed we never did it, even though we got paid for it. Due to the circumstances, the owner finally allowed me back on-site.

The main access point to the system was mysteriously hidden, yet when I dug through the database, I found it working perfectly fine.

I then had to find out how the system became hidden...

In the configuration for the automatic query that would find this, someone literally put in code that pretty much said to find all of these systems, and to specifically disregard the exact system we installed... Too bad for the other contractor, they didn’t realize that any edits to this query were stored within a history, and I found that a few months ago, someone on their account added the code to specifically hide our system. The real great thing was the history actually showed the following, “Query changed from ‘find all’ to ‘find all except _______’ ”.

I took screenshots of everything and sent it to the owner. I then strolled over to the owner’s office and he was shocked, and apologized profusely to me for not believing me when I told them the other company was crooks months ago. I strolled out of owner’s office as he picked up the phone to call the other contractor. I could hear his yelling from far down the hall, while I walked, whistling away... Good riddance, you lying fucks.

That is fucking awesome.

Usually situations like that don't let you get vindication in the end. Glad it worked out for you!
    amrraed wrote: »
    Interesting, eh ?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-loses-80-of-its-pc-player-base

I know is is cancer but just skim over the comments section.

From the days of yore:
    You can Lead a Scrub to Water, but you can't make 'em Think

Been watching match footage of DBF on various rehosts, one of which is Sajam playing. He's pretty much destroying people at Saiyan rank with super basic stuff while they still mash on auto combos and super telegraphed dragon rushes.

I know that's what happens around every mid level online, but point being that a lot of the people buying the game aren't even gonna make it that far. DBZ will get them in the door but they'll rage quit when Krillin defeats SSJGS Vegeta because that would totally never happen in muh dargonbawl. Also this game is stupid and ghey and they are going back to a quality series like Xenoverse.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • stronzolostronzolo Joined: Posts: 679
    edited February 14
    Interesting, eh ?
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-loses-80-of-its-pc-player-base

Kinda expecting it, glad I had the chance to beat all those xenoverse players before they left.
    This should be a lesson to all those FGs developers that think that making their games easier and more accessible will draw more casuals
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 972
    So that Album should be out in Japan right now, right?

Somebody go rip Falke's full theme!
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 1,036
    I need a blanka toy plushie
  • ShahenzanShahenzan to burn beasts Joined: Posts: 334
    edited February 14
    Interesting, eh ?

thats like the least interesting thing possible actually
    every fighting game takes a big hit a couple weeks after dropping, casuals have gotten their fix and now all thats left is people who wanna play the game
    if it retains somewhere in the neighborhood of 6k consistently, hell even 3k I'd say thats still a big win for anime

its too bad I can't be hype about the idea that most shitters are gone, because who knows how PS4 is doing
    CFN - Ninebreaker
    PSN - Shahenzan
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,452
    purbeast wrote: »
    That story costume is so fucking dumb. People gonna rage hard when they lose to that.

Dumb too how the costume is way wider than his hitbox.

Yeah, the size is definitely an issue I could see ppl complaining about.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 13,193
    Interesting, eh ?

Called it. Not even a Db 2d fighter can hold up casuals for long. Not surprised. Fresh game hype, then dwindles. NOW.....the real test begins to see how long it stays relevant. If it can't do that then well...it disappears. Same thing happened with destiny 2. Mad hype, streams and all that. Then roughly 3 weeks later......tumble weed blows buy

The numbers portrayed in that article are completely ignoring context because of how it presents the data. DBFZ was only over 40k for TWO DAYS after day 4 the actual fluxuation of players has settled into basically as Tekken or SFV did but with much higher numbers. By saying "IT DROPPED 80%!" it ignores the spots it dropped and how much that is leaving it.

It says tekken 7 took 2 months to lose the same amount, sorta. By not giving all the data it can present information in a light that stretches it. June 29th Tekken 7's peak had dropped from 18,996 (3 days after release) to 5,599. That's a loss of ~71% of it's player base in less than a month. They streeeeeeched the timeframe to get it to 80% but that doesn't really accurately show how quick drop offs are on games.

Yesterday DBFZ had the exact same number of peak players as Tekken 7 did it's equivalent day post-release: 9,530. Tekken 7 averages usually about 2400~2600 player peaks. That is PEAK players. That doesn't tell you the average number of players at any given time of day. Tekken 7 averages about 1600ish players playing at once during the day. SFV averages about 1400 while having peaks only about 1700~2000.

I think DBFZ will do fine and be possibly the most popular "marvel-esque" game we'll have seen in over a decade in terms of playerbase. GG Rev only peaks in the mid 200s and MvC:I's peak in the last 24hours was 33 players.

There is DBFZ DLC on the horizon I'm sure and more events to come, it hasn't even had it's first EVO. Here is a factoid worth noting: Despite selling significantly less SFV almost doubles Tekken 7's tournament entries at most events, pro-tour or otherwise.

Edit: That said, I am curious to see if DBFZ tournament entries match it's popularity even if online play stays popular. I have my doubts it'll be as popular offline as online might make it seem like it should. Marvel 3 in it's hay day may out match it in entries but if it does it'll be close.

Well of course. That's one article. Still not surprising though. New game hype usually have high numbers. But can it stay relevant like other fighters have done before it? That's the real question.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The King of Wakanda Joined: Posts: 10,054
    Interesting, eh ?

Twitch viewership is still pretty high on DBFZ.
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • VoltaVolta Joined: Posts: 402
    FDream wrote: »
    I need a blanka toy plushie

We ALL need a Blanka toy plushie.
  • Relldaproblem1Relldaproblem1 Joined: Posts: 116
    If Gat has his trailer/release around evo and they continue at this character a month pace. I really think will be getting more characters then the Initial 6 they've shown this year.

Rell Shyt
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,999
    8800 is more than every other fighting game on Steam though.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 59,232 mod
    Scrubs can only mash super dash so long at each other before they get bored

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The King of Wakanda Joined: Posts: 10,054
    Scrubs can only mash super dash so long at each other before they get bored

Hey I've been scrubily mashing supers for 25 years now. It doesn't get old to some of us :lol:
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
    edited February 14
    If Gat has his trailer/release around evo and they continue at this character a month pace. I really think will be getting more characters then the Initial 6 they've shown this year.

Rell Shyt

Honestly I'd prefer that they don't add more. 6 chars first half, maybe a balance tweak (if needed but probably best leave it alone), then let the game set for the second half leading up to CapCup. 5~6months with no new game play changes gives players a chance to really dig their teeth into using and countering the 6 released characters. Always a chance for final character in a year long season to be really good or have some gimmicky BS that players need to figure out but only have like a month.

Spend the second half of the season concentrating on things like improving CFN (add a real chat system between players!), more stages, special events, more costumes (not Chun Li), some single player content (new story mode?), and preparing for the next year to have the next 6 characters at the level of preparedness that they can be released in a similar month to month basis.

Rell Shyt

Honestly I'd prefer that they don't add more. 6 chars first half, maybe a balance tweak (if needed but probably best leave it alone), then let the game set for the second half leading up to CapCup. 5~6months with no new game play changes gives players a chance to really dig their teeth into using and countering the 6 released characters. Always a chance for final character in a year long season to be really good or have some gimmicky BS that players need to figure out but only have like a month.

Spend the second half of the season concentrating on things like improving CFN (add a real chat system between players!), more stages, special events, more costumes (not Chun Li), some single player content (new story mode?), and preparing for the next year to have the next 6 characters at the level of preparedness that they can be released in a similar month to month basis.

Uh..capcom?
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 11,001
    edited February 14
    Interesting, eh ?

Lol they're saying those not a fighting game dbz games are better. Dbzf is boring because you can just mash to combo and all the specials are hadokens
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,203
    Wasted 60 dolla on dbfz only to get to ssj3 rank an quit cus disconnected and it feels kinda boring, more of a mahvel guy, anyways I didn't know Guile was actually kinda fun hahaha ppl can't react to ex boom.
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,393
    edited February 14
    HNIC Mike wrote: »
    Also apparently ChrisT stepped up his crybaby game and has called for a boycott of the character. Lol. Has a hash tag and everything.

This is where we are as a community i guess

A boy cot of Abigail? Just needs a few tweaks.

I kinda feel empowered kicking Abi players asses. I feel like I'm showing them the matrix.
  • AkhosAkhos Joined: Posts: 23,403
    Also apparently ChrisT stepped up his crybaby game and has called for a boycott of the character. Lol. Has a hash tag and everything.

Chris T isn't a Smash player, is he?

I kinda feel empowered kicking Abi players asses. I feel like I'm showing them the matrix.

No. Boycott of Ken. He demands buffs and after all his emails and DMs he has decided to take political action
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,393

No. Boycott of Ken. He demands buffs and after all his emails and DMs he has decided to take political action

Shit happens. If he's serious he'd just switch. Akumas right there easy as fuck to play too.

Shit happens. If he's serious he'd just switch. Akumas right there easy as fuck to play too.

He's serious but he's saying the Ken community has chosen him to be their voice or some dumb shit.

Anyway how bout that new bad match up for Ryu coming on Tuesday?
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,199
    edited February 14

On board if one-sided rollback/syncing is fixed.
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,199
    edited February 14
    snip
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx

He's serious but he's saying the Ken community has chosen him to be their voice or some dumb shit.

Anyway how bout that new bad match up for Ryu coming on Tuesday?

Depends , beating fireballs ain't nothing new for us and his jump is potentially crap, plus possible ball parry.

We,ll figure it out. We always do.
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,882
    I’ve been meaning to take an image of a crying baby and photoshop Chris T’s head on it.
    CFN & FightCade: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • TrenchCoatJonesTrenchCoatJones Joined: Posts: 519
    Damn he a bitch
    XBL Ooklathemok3
    PSN Girthedestroyer
    SFV ID Ozzy_Booty
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,695
    Is it cause Chris T is a weak baby complainer

or are all ken players weak baby complainers by nature

a question as old as time itself.
    AceKombat wrote: »

On board if one-sided rollback/syncing is fixed.

Netcode is probably my biggest issue with the entire game experience. I prefer the slow down of SF4 netcode to the desync issues of SF5. At least on a very slow connection you can KIND OF react to stuff and sort of get a feel for the lag to adjust your combo timing. You just can't handle a guy who is half way across the screen then crossing you up then you land a hit confirm and prepare to cancel but oh wait you're being thrown.