The SFV Lounge: SRK is ALIVE. AE Hype is BACK! DISCORD going the way of DISCO

Comments

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,948
    willseless wrote: »
    DBFZ beta downloaded. No 16 though. that's a bummer.

It's available now?

Pre-load. It starts tomorrow for those who preordered and sunday for the pleb.
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,746
    edited January 12
    Oh okay. Thanks. I'll download it now anyway. I want it try it out to at least, as I don't think I'm going to buy it in the very near future.
    CFN: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Joined: Posts: 22,994
    You're just mad that Laura is a better grappling bud than Abigail
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,715
    Also ooooooooh shit we have a Highlandfireball S3 Ryu breakdown:

Good stuff from @Highlandfireball aka Papa Froztey
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Cavalry is here Joined: Posts: 5,827
    edited January 12
    Pertho wrote: »
    All of Cammy's moves are with kicks, whats your issue?

I don't play her but I assume it's the same issue as with Menat and Ryu, it's annoying to get the move you don't want especially at crucial times because the lenient inputs screw you over.

it was a godsend when Juri's DP got changed to punch to comboing into stores wouldn't result in an accidental dp
    Semi-retired from FGs for now :V
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,746
    Yeah, @Highlandfireball 's video really got me thinking about learning Ryu as soon as AE drops. I've been meaning to try out a more defensive character to work on my patience and punishes. He seems like he may fit the bill.
    CFN: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • Flacko_aliFlacko_ali Joined: Posts: 446
    Adding an extra layer of strats to the VT system is great.. The damage nerf was needed. You can still get big damage while your in VT but less wake up Jab >VT combo into death. Mmmm more raw VT activations in S3??
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,385
    Meanwhile, I'm still wondering why a D, DB, B, UF, UF+KKK input gives Cammy an EX DP instead of Instant Air Divekick.
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Joined: Posts: 22,994
    edited January 12
    Volt wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I'm still wondering why a D, DB, B, UF, UF+KKK input gives Cammy an EX DP instead of Instant Air Divekick.

Capcom inputs + you're cancelling your pre-jump frames
    edited January 12
    Yeah, @Highlandfireball 's video really got me thinking about learning Ryu as soon as AE drops. I've been meaning to try out a more defensive character to work on my patience and punishes. He seems like he may fit the bill.

0Ddaz_s-200x150.gif

He will erode your patience down to nothing...

Because he's ass!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 961

• FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,878
    RAW_Guts wrote: »

No amount of sucking up or imitating Blanka now is gonna save the rest of the cast, the Blankocalypse is upon us.

Lord abigal will put save the world form the blankocalype.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,715
    @DevilJin 01 about to order those brussel sprouts you posted in the discord from BJs Resturant
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,824 mod
    Nice. Lmk how u like.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,280
    edited January 12
    I told you froztey about the dad thing. This way I don't need to make any payments and we can still hang out.

Also I want to marvelous stuff but I don't know what those words mean, sort this shit out children.

Also I think Ryu will be better than people think. I didn't really go over the normal changes, most of them seem linked to some universal game change, but if it's again making things a little easier to defend against, that'll be good for Ryu.
    It's hard to really full assess the notes for every character as there's a lot of question mark hit box changes hat could be buffs or nerfs. There's probably a few characters that got a couple buffed hit boxes that we won't know about till Tuesday. As far as Ryu goes it's safe to say that he's probably going to actually be better than certain characters if his changes really pay off, or at worst he's going to be better than Season 2.5 even if he's still the worst.

Well...at least we didn't have to wait till 2 weeks after launch to know in a basic sense what is going on.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,372
    No amount of sucking up or imitating Blanka now is gonna save the rest of the cast, the Blankocalypse is upon us.

I don't think there's ever been a SF where blanka wasn't one of the most hated characters
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
    I told you froztey about the dad thing. This way I don't need to make any payments and we can still hang out.

Also I want to marvelous stuff but I don't know what those words mean, sort this shit out children.

Also I think Ryu will be better than people think. I didn't really go over the normal changes, most of them seem linked to some universal game change, but if it's again making things a little easier to defend against, that'll be good for Ryu.

You're probably the only person here who could convince me Ryu won't be left in the exact same spot he is now.

Yet somehow, I still think he's getting Yamcha'd in S3.

Alkipot wrote: »
    I can’t wait to use that blue/red recovery option while labbing vs Karin. Fuck that safe ass hoe.Time to figure her bullshit out.

Yeah there's so much question mark stuff with wake up and frame traps that you can just run the colors in training mode now instead of having to set this up or hope you run into someone that plays the character again.

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,576

You're probably the only person here who could convince me Ryu won't be left in the exact same spot he is now.

You mean Top Tier Yamcha?
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,389
    I can’t wait to use that blue/red recovery option while labbing vs Karin. Fuck that safe ass hoe.Time to figure her bullshit out.

Yeah there's so much question mark stuff with wake up and frame traps that you can just run the colors in training mode now instead of having to set this up or hope you run into someone that plays the character again.

Have you people never heard of sfv oki lol

https://toolassisted.github.io/OKI/#KRN/55/6/6/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 10,289

I don't think there's ever been a SF where blanka wasn't one of the most hated characters

Not hated

feared
    edited January 13
    I think when it comes to offense and stuff on this game, one of the main problems I have with it is that defensive options cover more options than do offensive options.

On offense you kinda have to perfectly predict what the opponent will do defensively to counter it. Whereas on defense, the combo of blocking, jabbing, reversaling and backdashing will each beat multiple offensive options.

On the other side of this, stagger pressure with mediums “beats” all those options. But “beats” them is a strong word. It does small white damage on block, loses to jabs when not timed properly, loses to reversals and only does very small damage to backdashes.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,799
    I haven't even touched this game since it's release day, I'm just now getting into the game and now I have to look everywhere for info so I can catch up to ya. I'm still undecided who to main

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Dime wrote: »

https://toolassisted.github.io/OKI/#KRN/55/6/6/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/1,0,,0,/

I don't wanna enter the Matrix. Fuck that.

I think when it comes to offense and stuff on this game, one of the main problems I have with it is that defensive options cover more options than do offensive options.

On offense you kinda have to perfectly predict what the opponent will do defensively to counter it. Whereas on defense, the combo of blocking, jabbing, reversaling and backdashing will each beat multiple offensive options.

On the other side of this, stagger pressure with mediums “beats” all those options. But “beats” them is a strong word. It does small white damage on block, loses to jabs when not timed properly, loses to reversals and only does very small damage to backdashes.

That's bullshit. Rounds ending in 10 to 15 seconds with all of this unga offense and v triggers. We need more defensive options to cover us from anything that could get us off of block.

• TWINBLADESTWINBLADES KOLIN WILL BE SHIT TIER IN SEASON 3 (WE FALKE NOAW) Joined: Posts: 10,447
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »
    I haven't even touched this game since it's release day, I'm just now getting into the game and now I have to look everywhere for info so I can catch up to ya. I'm still undecided who to main

Nigga what have you been doing this whole time?

If you say playing other games I’m gonna knee cap the fuck outa you.

Who’s on?
    SFV: KOLIN/CAMMY
    CFN: TWINBLADES [The "i" in TWINBLADES is actually a uppercase L]
    PSN: CARBON465
    edited January 13

I don't wanna enter the Matrix. Fuck that.

That's bullshit. Rounds ending in 10 to 15 seconds with all of this unga offense and v triggers. We need more defensive options to cover us from anything that could get us off of block.

Not sure if serious.

When I think of “offense” in this game I mostly think about unga and v trigger Laura/urien stuff/ most other triggers (and corner throw loops which are gone in s3). Outside of that the offense seems pretty tame. For me it’s less that there is a need for more defensive “options” there’s just a need for actual neutral AA to... you know, work. That alone shores up a lot of the problems. The game seems to be balanced around people seeing the point blank position very frequently based on strong dashes and strong jumpins so the upclose game is tamed to facilitate that... you get in a lot more frequently in this game than others, but your options once in are less strong overall. In old games someone gets in on you and it’s close to guaranteed damage. But getting in wasn’t “easy” per se.

I actually like the offensive strategy in sf5. I just wish that I didn’t always feel the need to be point blank or threatening to be point blank with 95% of the roster.

It’s weird.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,799
    TWINBLADES wrote: »
    Mr.PaVy-RD wrote: »

Nigga what have you been doing this whole time?

If you say playing other games I’m gonna knee cap the fuck outa you.

Who’s on?

I was in School and Didnt like the game season 1 and 2 but its going in the right position now so im interested, just got laid off today and now possibly thinking of joining the military as you can see my life is all types of fucked up lol

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    So... Am I crazy or there's no Dragon Ball FighterZ board on the front page?
    edited January 13

There isn't. Anime isn't respected here. Go search fighting game discussion for your one general thread about the game.

• Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 7,046
    edited January 13
    So i was gonna clear cinematic story on hard for the 30k fm before AE drops, but all my story data has been deleted for some reason? Everything except for Karin's story is at 0%.

Yeah I'm doing doing the story twice.

There isn't. Anime isn't respected here. Go search fighting game discussion for your one general thread about the game.

DBZ will be blacker than Marvel.
    Saitsu wrote: »

You mean Top Tier Yamcha?

No, Anime Yamcha.