Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.
American Government Thread 2: State of The Memo
PerthoCapt of Team #HellspawnJoined: Posts: 22,922 mod
Alright gents, will copy/paste the rules for the other one soon. Lounge needs a restart every so often so figure 666 is the best number to end this thread on.
Because somebody suggested it. Argue respectful and please source as much as possible.
This thread is to discuss the current American Government. From the primaries on 2015 through the election, the country has lost its damn mind and people in it too. With the election of Trump, things have gotten even more interesting. This place is to discuss things. This place is going to have civil discussion. If you're posting in this thread, take some time to read the rules. Following there will be a set of rules unique to this thread:
1) Source your claims as much as possible. There's a lot of information being spread around and quoted second to third hand. If you're able to get the article containing the information you speak of, please post it so everybody can be on the same page.
2) Attack the information on the article not the source. As of right now there are various arguments on which are valid sources. Because nobody could come up with a good list of worthwhile sources, quote things and post them so that #1 can happen. Attacking the source gets you jailed for free, getting caught doing it multiple times, or refusing to read something because of where it came from gets you clapped too. Don't go ridiculous quoting Stormfront or any obviously dumb site. But there is a lot of citizen journalism going on and if they offer something worthwhile, it should be examined and critiqued fairly.
4) Keep things as civil as possible. Excessive flaming is going to get addressed. What's excessive? Whatever based on the situation. I let a lot of random for fun trolling because the situation is currently nonsense. Don't tip things into abusive.
3) I'm going to label all posts that involve me modding the thread with "This is a Mod Post". Any post having that header is not up for discussion. If it means move along or cease a behavior, it needs to happen ASAP. This type of threads weren't allowed in GD for a reason. Right now it exists solely at my discretion and only because of my kindness. If I need things to change when I come in, it just happens. Nothing following the words "This is a Mod Post" is up for discussion. It it really bothers you, PM your concerns.
List of sources people have agreed on:
Yeah, there's none yet.
1) signaling wiz for any reason permanently closes this thread and makes all political talk in any GD thread is instant jail time. I will seek and destroy any mention of anything remotely political whether it be here, lounge, transformers thread etc. This topic either exists in GD in this thread or it doesnt at all. That includes the current state of the world thread.
2) any mentiom of the phrase fake news, alternative facts or any other some such is a 3 day ban. Dont write it, dont quote an image that has those words in it, it better not be in the url of an article you cite. You posted a video from youtube that has either of those phrases, you're eating a dick too. Not in amy serious way, not as a joke.
3) you have an issue with something then PM me. You wanna make it public on your own then dont complain about how things shake out. But if somebody is annoying you, there is a handy dandy ignore function. Trying to force my hand is not gonna help you with shit.
If you dont like these terms then dont post in the thread. You feel this is a threat to your freedom of speech then kindly remember that the 1st amendment doesnt apply to private organizations, and if you find this unfair then feel free to let Eldergod know how much of a dumbfuck he is for antagonizing the only mod GD has ever had willing to let you guys have this shit show in the first place.