Ryu Season 3 Official Patches Are Finally Here!

TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited January 10 in Ryu
Edit: With the Official patch now out let's delve into this...

I thought it would be helpful if I first post some of the Universal Changes so that we can get a better understanding of how these may affect Ryu along with his own personal changes for season 3.

• Increased active frames for Regular Throws from 2F to 3F
• Increased combo scaling for combos that include a V-Trigger activation
• Increased recovery for Command Throws
• Made revisions to the hurtboxes for jumping attacks, and to the normal moves that are primarily used as anti-airs
• Changed properties of moves that change the position of the character, which may affect certain combos

Ryu Season 3 Official Changes

• Shoulder Throw:
- Increased stun from 120 to 150.
- Changed positioning after hit.

• Standing LP (Normal/V-Trigger):
- Changed hitbox and hurtbox
- Changed the collision boxes during the move
- Increased the pushback on hit and block

• Standing MP (Normal/V-Trigger), Mind’s Eye (V-Skill): Changed the collision boxes during the move
• Crouching LP (Normal/V-Trigger): Changed the hurtbox
• Jumping HP (Normal/V-Trigger), Jumping HK: Changed the hitbox and hurtbox

• Axe Kick:
- Increased startup from 8F to 9F
- Increased the advantage frames when canceling the 2nd hit into V-Trigger

• Solar Plexus Strike: Reduced the damage from 90 to 80
• Tatsumaki Senpukyaku: Changed the collision boxes

• EX Hadoken:
- Reduced the total frames from 44F to 42F (No changes in recovery) - Can be canceled into V-Trigger.

• V Hadoken:
- Total framed for the Hadoken is unified to 42F for all
- Level 1: Increased damage from 70 to 80
- Level 1: Decreased disadvantage on block from -6F to -2F
- Level 2: Decreased disadvantage on block from -4F to 0F
- Level 2: Increased the damage from 90 to 100
- Level 3: Increased damage from 120 to 130
- V EX Hadoken: Changed the total frames from 43F to 40F

• V Shoryuken: Eased the air combo count

• V EX Shoryuken:
- Decreased the stun from 250 to 200
- Eased the air combo count

• Joudan Sokuto Geri: Added his “Donkey Kick” as a new move

It's weird that the official patch notes have no mentioning of changes to the c.mk but the previous AE patch notes talk about it...

So let's express our opinions and thoughts on the matter in a New Season of Street Fighter V.

Lastly, I'll keep the old patch notes in case someone wants to look for it. I'll set them into the spoilers below
Shoulder Throw (Forward Throw)
• Stun has been increased from 120 to 150.
• Circumstances after landing it have been changed.

Standing Light Punch (Regular/V-Trigger State)
• Hitbox has been changed.
• Hurtbox has been changed.
• Adjusted the move's collision box during movement.
• Pushback on hit has been increased.
• Pushback on block has been increased.

Standing Medium Punch (Regular/V-Trigger State)

Crouching Light Punch (Regular/V-Trigger State)

Crouching Medium Kick
• Pushback on hit has been increased.

Jumping Heavy Punch (Regular/V-Trigger State)

Jumping Heavy Kick

Axe Kick
• Startup has been increased from 8 frames to 9 frames.
• V-Trigger cancelling the second hit now has additional advantage frames.

Solar Plexus Strike
• Damage has been reduced from 90 to 80.

Mind's Eye (V-Skill)

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku

EX Hadoken
• The move's full frames have been changed from 44 frames to 42 frames (there have been no changes to hitstun or blockstun).

V-Trigger Hadoken
• All Hadoken types (light, medium, heavy) are now 42 frames (hitstun and blockstun has also been made the same for them all).
• Level 1 charge's damage has been increased from 70 to 80.
• Level 1's blockstun has been changed from -6 to -2.
• Level 2 charge's damage has been increased from 90 to 100.
• Level 2's blockstun has been changed from -4 to 0.
• Level 3's charge's damage has been increased from 120 to 130.

V-Trigger EX Hadoken
• The move's full frames have been changed from 43 frames to 40 frames (there have been no changes to hitstun or blockstun).

V-Trigger Shoryuken
• Its airborne juggle points have been relaxed.

V-Trigger EX Shoryuken
• Stun value has been changed from 250 to 200.
• Its airborne juggle points have been relaxed.

Jodan Sokuto Geri
• This new move has been added to Ryu's arsenal.
Post edited by TrueSephiroth on
"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu

Comments

• HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,265
    edited January 4
    Some interesting changes. A possible buff to cr.mk is a big one, if that's what it is, might be a nerf lol.

Assuming we can DP from a regular shoryuken now out of the EX tatsu corner combo maybe.

Throw stun is a bonus, that's respectable stun.

Button nerfs everybody seemed to get.

Better zoning in VT1, but people probably going to go VT2 anyway.

Donkey kick hits crouchers we know that.

With the other character nerfs he might becone viable again. I see nothing there though to get overly excited about.
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 9,265
    Looking at the frame data. I'm assuming all fireballs will be 11 startup and 31 recovery now in v trigger. That's good numbers. If his trigger bar lasts a touch longer or doesn't deplete as much he will be hard to get in on.

Still, all I'm seeing is a lot of defensive changes when what he needed was a better attack.

Donkey kick could fill that void.

Actually now that I think, they probably upped the juggle on a dp so you can connect a wall bounce donkey kick. There is potential there.

• Rice_EaterRice_Eater Now more Evil Joined: Posts: 1,887
    Actually now that I think, they probably upped the juggle on a dp so you can connect a wall bounce donkey kick. There is potential there.

Are you saying EX donkey kick > DP doesn't always work? Makes me wonder about that now. In that one video we never saw them do it normally, it was always done after a VT cancel only. We only ever saw Ryu do resets with jab and strong outside of V Trigger.

The changes to VT1 are pretty good. And I assume the better DP juggle is only for VT1 and not both. The problem is that none of this matters if VT1 is half way gone after throwing two fireballs. I get that they don't want him to spend the rest of the round in a powered up state. But could they at least make it last a very long time if you can avoid throwing fireballs like Akuma with his fireball/air fireball/SRK?

As for the DP juggle, I think one of the reasons he got this is so he can do something from a EX fireball VT cancel mid screen. And he should also have more damaging options in the corner with just 1 bar. They may also bring back his LK tatsu > EX DP combo that he had in the beta. I don't expect it to work with regular DP but regular DP may connect after EX tatsu like highland said.
    I dunno mixed reports on the dps hitting the wall bounce. HNIC Mike said it always hit and people were just timing it wrong.

The Ex FB trigger cancel xx DP, yeah that'll probably work now I'd imagine. Plus he's plus on block if they block. Basically gave him the FADC that the other ballers had.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,724
    My wish was they fix the retardness dmg nerf on srks

They nerfed SPS and gave srks dmg buff to Ken :(
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • M8in8M8in8 Joined: Posts: 25
    edited January 5
    I.only see nerf here particulary with push back on hit and blok particulary on cr mk...remember that cr mk hado don t connect yet at certain range but now it will be more hard to connect until the start up of nirmal hado is not decreased....
    The solar plexus doesn t deserve that....it s already slow and ask a lot of risk ....how many cc did you get while trying to put out this move ? Ah ah ah no sence
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,578
    The hadoken and VT1 buffs are amazing so I hope they're final.

Speed up st.MK by a frame though, and extend cr.MK's range a little won't ya....
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
    It seems that the meta game is changed so mb ryu is not so hurted by buttoms and pushback could be compensed by hurtbox extend
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 835
    I'm curious if these hitbox/hurtbox/pushback changes will fix his st. mp cr. hp link so it doesn't whiff on random counterhits.
    Get Serious!

SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 3500

SF4: main char: Fei Long
    learis1 wrote: »
    I'm curious if these hitbox/hurtbox/pushback changes will fix his st. mp cr. hp link so it doesn't whiff on random counterhits.

Yeah possibly, seems a cast wide change because Ryus not the only one that has stuff whiff on CH.
  • jordyloksjordyloks Joined: Posts: 39
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Honestly, it would've been nice if they would've improved the recovery of his normal fireballs. I get that his V Hadoukens are supposed to be better, but it would've been just as important if his normals projectiles (which is what we would be using more) got better recovery so that they would at least be more respectable when we don't have VT around.

I'm not going to lie that I'm not entirely pleased with the changes for Ryu thus far. I hope I'm wrong come the 16th when we can break into this game finally.

Just thinking about this. It seems like his DP's have better juggle in both V Triggers, otherwise it would have specified that buff was only for one and not the other. Point is that although VT1 received some really nice buffs, the timer is still way too short. Those nice things that Ryu can do in that VT will be gone quickly after a few fireballs. And that's another reason why I'm leaning towards VT2 instead.

Besides it being a easy mode parry, the timer for it last a pretty long time as long as you don't use it. So you have more time to try and push your opponent to the corner and look for an opening to land those DP juggle combos. That's assuming it work with both VT's and not just VT1.

• ronny007ronny007 Joined: Posts: 4
    So, what's the difference between "Changed the hurtbox/hitbox" and "Collision"?
    I thought at first that the hurtbox/hitbox would be make them bigger or smaller and collision just the movement among them(maybe higher or to the right/left)

What do you guys think?
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 329
    These nerfs are unacceptable and the buffs are not nearly enough. Buff cm.k and restore DP, grant Fake Hadoken, these are tge needed changes.
    Agree with random....this modifcation is just a way for Capcom to say:

A. Yes we listen to the Fans and we gave you the move you wanted.

B.Yes we buffed Ryu fireball game (tbh this is why ryu is so low actualy)

By this two letter : they look like they are doing a good job , but what they gave , is just an illusion.... Because without Vt1 , Ryu is exactly the same and suffer with the same weakness . You have to keep in mind that Vt1 is consuming so fast , so these buff are not really a threat ......Opponent as just to crouch and wait you spend your Vt1

Comparing to others caracters ryu suffer of too many thing that we already spoke:

1.Firebal game is pure shit

2. On Crouching opponents , he has nothing really efficient to deal with...

3.Dp range forward can t connect with many of his move at certain range , while all other pepole with dp can connect, and this, independently from the range that the first hit was given. Not the case with Ryu....

4.Normals range are too short , particulary from his light , and cr hp

5.Cr mk hado can t connect , this is the real thing i never understood , but it s directly connected with the balls nerf...

and i also forget many other thing .....

But Clearly , Capcom's Policy , is around to make shine the DLC Caracters , just to sell them more. That s why you work a caracter for 1 year , and after a new patch your caracter is no more viable , so you just want to change and try the New one to be good. That s why Abi just get more great Buff , and after , when Capcom will judge , that they had enough sell the Abigail Caracter they nerf him as hellz , like they already done with Rog.

So ryu will never get real buff until the last season end.
  • FinkledoodooFinkledoodoo Donkey punch is my shoryuken Joined: Posts: 566
    edited January 10
    I'm glad they killed Ryu now instead of nerfing him later... Now I can focus exclusively on DBFZ...

Got me missing S1 Ryu like:
    Do you know what this is: Down Are Up El Why Be
    Dbfz is a totaly different game. I doubt you will like it if u like stf
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    For me, the buffs to VT1 Hadoukens are nice, however if the meter burns as fast as it does now, then the buffs although nice is still going to make them fairly irrelevant especially when you compare that to other VT options of the other characters. Not to mention that if VT2 turns out to be that much better than this makes the buffs here all the more irrelevant all together.

I just don't understand why Capcom didn't simply buff Ryu's normal projectiles so that they travel faster and recover better to hopefully improve the zoning capabilities in a SF game where they are next to non-existent besides on one character at this point.

That would've been a much, much better improvement to his character then what I'm seeing on the list, and if the c.mk buff did get better, then by how much is what I'll have to say. At this point, is it that bad for Ryu to finally get a c.mk into hadouken that actually connects and works? Considering the amount of bs other characters can do, and Ryu can't be given a proper c.mk into Hadouken buffer is completely ridiculous in my mind.

I would've preferred great fundamental buffs to Ryu to help in a game where it clearly does not aid in his gameplay whatsoever. I'm really sick of having to play honest with less then below average options against characters who play so dishonestly with either good to excellent options. It's almost like as though Capcom is afraid of honest characters in their SF games these days.

As I said, I'm not at all really hyped for these changes, as many of them are situational (as in when you either have VT or Meter) but as always we can't say anything definitively until we actually play the game. Still, I don't see Ryu going up on the list unless neutral play becomes that strong, and his normals show up to be that much more effective in this game for him to capitalize on that.

edited January 12

So parry strike into DP does 258 damage. This confirms what I was guessing a little while back. The parry strike itself does 160 and the DP follow up adds another 108 after being scaled to 90%. And he gets at most 4 attempts at this if for some reason you kept doing it one after another, but most likely it'll be 3 attempts. Another thing is that the timer last a very long time if you don't attempt any parries. This will be pretty useful since he gets better DP juggles in both V Triggers(at least I think that's the case).

What we still don't know for sure is if this is active on frame 1. If it is(and I think it is) then this can punish things that Ryu's regular parry can't punish like jabs or or jump ins. It will definitely make people more weary to press buttons when it's technically their turn against Ryu. In the end I don't think this is a great VT, but I do think it's better than the first.
    Post edited by Rice_Eater on
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,789
    they basically didnt revert the hard nerfs ryu received but instead gave some of the things ryu SHOULDVE had to sakura instead, Sakura has everything ryu had and more theres basically no reason to pick him. ryu got Ultra streetfighter 4'd again

SFV-Ryu/Chun/Nash
    3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
  • JustinAkatsukiJustinAkatsuki Joined: Posts: 217
    Hate to say it and season 3 isn't even out yet but the patch failed Ryu and some ryu mains deep down probably feel the same way. They buff v trigger 1 and yet...if it drains too fast as it does now then why buff it when you can't even stay in it for long? So stupid. We still don't know much about v trigger 2 and why couldnt't capcom just give him better normals and a better fireball game? god its annoying. Hope im wrong but he might still end up at the bottom in season 3 once again, solar plexus nerf isnt a big deal but with all he's been though in season 2 why give him any nerfs in the first place makes no sense. Axe kick v 2nd hit advantage buff in vtrigger cancel is nice except you actually have to land a hit on it which you won't have many opportunities to do so.

I dont get it just because sakura and Akuma are in the game ryu has to get treatment like this
  • Rockman85Rockman85 Joined: Posts: 404
    I am not sure what all the negativity is about here.
    Throw loops are gone. This helps Ryu. His throw now looks like he is closer to his opponent.
    Donkey Kick hits crouchers increasing your chances to deal more damage instead of using fireball.
    HIs new V-trigger is going to make people hesitant to press buttons against him.
    Damage scalling for VT combos will benefit him as it wasnt a benefit for him to start with.

You know as I was typing this I realized that he can not connect SPS to axe kick anymore.
    ahh well.
    Would have been cool to SPS, axe kick xx VT, SPS, C.hp xx dp xx super anywhere on the screen.
    I guesss I was dreaming too hard.
    PC AE ID: opticknads
    edited January 12
    That's exactly why the axe kick was nerfed. Ridiculous combos would have been possible. Imagine Two SPS in one combo the salt would have been brilliant lol

I'm quietly confident. I'll be putting out a vid tonight with my thoughts.
    Rice_Eater wrote: »

So parry strike into DP does 258 damage. This confirms what I was guessing a little while back. The parry strike itself does 160 and the DP follow up adds another 108 after being scaled to 90%. And he gets at most 4 attempts at this if for some reason you kept going it one after another, but most likely it'll be 3 attempts. Another thing is that the timer last a very long time if you don't attempt any parries. This will be pretty useful since he gets better DP juggles in both V Triggers(at least I think that's the case).

What we still don't know for sure is if this is active on frame 1. If it is(and I think it is) then this can punish things that Ryu's regular parry can't punish like jabs or or jump ins. It will definitely make people more weary to press buttons when it's technically their turn against Ryu. In the end I don't think this is a great VT, but I do think it's the better than the first.

So looking at that he does two Parry's to counter juris V-skill. This might not be as good as we thought then since if it doesn't crumple automatically, it still won't counter some moves like head stomp if bison just flys away.
    edited January 12
    So looking at that he does two Parry's to counter juris V-skill. This might not be as good as we thought then since if it doesn't crumple automatically, it still won't counter some moves like head stomp if bison just flys away.

Look again, the first parry was just his normal V-Skill parry, no meter drainage. The 2nd parry is the VT2 parry which automatically crumples. BTW, some guy got a copy of AE early and has been streaming it. He's still streaming right now here

The stream may be over by the time you see this post. But anyways, I was watching when he tested Ryu, this is what I know so far

-EX Joudan does 80 damage
    -EX Joudan > heavy DP does work
    -HP and EX DP only get extra juggle ability with VT1
    -LK tatsu > EX DP and EX Tatsu > DP works in VT1
    -VT1 timer is still the same or almost the same unfortunately
    -After forward throw all his long range normals like cr. MP, cr. MK, st. MK, and st. HP reaches. St. HP does CC so he's probably at least +5 after a forward throw.

St. MP does whiff after forward throw though but the new throw does open some things up. So walk up into something may work when you condition your opponent to block meaty's. Unfortunately I didn't get to see other things like how much damage the other joudan kicks do. But we'll find out in a few more days.
    His fists are glowing though? How do you parry with the v trigger with the same buttons or with HK/HP?

Also what about axe kick after the front throw? I'm thinking front throw axe kick xx trigger
    edited January 12
    His fists are glowing though? How do you parry with the v trigger with the same buttons or with HK/HP?

Also what about axe kick after the front throw? I'm thinking front throw axe kick xx trigger

Yep, the VT parry works with HP/HK instead of MK/MP. So you can still do his V Skill parry alongside his VT2 parry. You can also see the difference between the two in his stance. With the VT2 parry he raises his outside arm much higher.

As for Axe kick, the first hit won't reach. The 2nd hit will connect but you risk your opponent stuffing it if they wake up with a button.

Yep, the VT parry works with HP/HK instead of MK/MP. So you can still do his V Skill parry alongside his VT2 parry. You can also see the difference between the two in his stance. With the VT2 parry he raises his outside arm much higher.

As for Axe kick, the first hit won't reach. The 2nd hit will connect but you risk your opponent stuffing it if they wake up with a button.

Yeah I just checked the Capcom unity site. Beat me to it.

What I want to know is , what if he pressed HP/HK the first time, would it crumple or would juri pass through him. Like say Cammys dive kick ( the triple hit) will one trigger parry crumple any hit, or you still have to parry the multi hits with the normal parry then finish with the crumple?

The axe kick might be far enough away that it might work regardless of the data. Like the active frames will already be out if the first hit whiffs.

Good info by the way.ill name drop ya in the vid.
  • MafamaticksMafamaticks Where'd ya life go? Joined: Posts: 783
    From the looks of it, it might crumple on the first hit. When they get parried they teleport right in front of Ryu so he can hit them. At least that's what happened when they parried the jump in.
    From the looks of it, it might crumple on the first hit. When they get parried they teleport right in front of Ryu so he can hit them. At least that's what happened when they parried the jump in.

Yeah it auto plays by the looks of it. Hopefully any situation just plays the counter.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 58,764 mod
    Looks like it's pretty much a Marvel style capture state if you get tagged by V Trigger counter. Just get sucked into the animation.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,724
    My useless 2cents as not-pro is kinda disappointment at boring Ryu striking again

I'm hyped af about joudan and VT2, but that's it
    Buffed normals sure will make life easier but for an annual patch i will like something more
    As start i don't like buffs have been made on VT1 instead "neutral Ryu" as it make you lose either the new cool VT2 or lose part of the few buffs

Shitty wishlist of stuff i will have liked to see:
    1. stHP sp cancellable outside VT1 (and even in MP>HP scenario)
    2. stHP to have better CC effect
    3. MP>stHP to force standing
    4. jMP 2nd hit to have an actual juggle effect outside be jus EX srk/hado and very situational bHK
    5. NOT nerf SPS lol
    6. NOT nerf bHK lol
    7. take back the stupid dmg nerf on SRKs dmg
    8. take back the stupid stuff that removed SPS>bHK>LK>HPSRK

Tbh does'nt seem anything crazy compared to rest of the cast

Look again, the first parry was just his normal V-Skill parry, no meter drainage. The 2nd parry is the VT2 parry which automatically crumples. BTW, some guy got a copy of AE early and has been streaming it. He's still streaming right now here

The stream may be over by the time you see this post. But anyways, I was watching when he tested Ryu, this is what I know so far

-EX Joudan does 80 damage
    -EX Joudan > heavy DP does work
    -HP and EX DP only get extra juggle ability with VT1
    -LK tatsu > EX DP and EX Tatsu > DP works in VT1
    -VT1 timer is still the same or almost the same unfortunately
    -After forward throw all his long range normals like cr. MP, cr. MK, st. MK, and st. HP reaches. St. HP does CC so he's probably at least +5 after a forward throw.

St. MP does whiff after forward throw though but the new throw does open some things up. So walk up into something may work when you condition your opponent to block meaty's. Unfortunately I didn't get to see other things like how much damage the other joudan kicks do. But we'll find out in a few more days.

@Rice_Eater
    Can't see the video, any sign of EX joudan>EXsrk ?
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
    @Cestus

It works, the timing looks harder though compared to heavy DP.

Another cool thing I learned is that you can connect solar plexus after hitting with the furthest tip of Axe kick after VT canceling it. But you're not close enough to land cr. HP though. Still it's combo into sweep, tatsu, or DP.
    @Cestus

It works, the timing looks harder though compared to heavy DP.

Another cool thing I learned is that you can connect solar plexus after hitting with the furthest tip of Axe kick after VT canceling it. But you're not close enough to land cr. HP though. Still it's combo into sweep, tatsu, or DP.

Yeah I thought that would be the case. I mention that in my vid I'll stick it here.

Also do you know if you can do axe kick (AA) Ex donkey kick ? That would be some fat AA damage if you can then link a DP.

Yeah I thought that would be the case. I mention that in my vid I'll stick it here.

Also do you know if you can do axe kick (AA) Ex donkey kick ? That would be some fat AA damage if you can then link a DP.

I got nothing to do and have just been watching streams and I did see that work. Damage is great like you said, according to math that should be 208 damage. The problem is that I don't think it's 100% consistent. I saw the guy drop it a few times. I think that happens when Ryu's opponent is right over the top of his head. EX donkey kick might be slow, but not slow enough I guess. Heavy donkey kick might be the one you have to use at that range.

Another nice piece of news I saw is that LK tatsu > EX DP works mid screen in VT1, but you have to be pretty close. He was able to connect it after cr. HP > LK tatsu. If people are still tech'ing in 2018, a gimmicky dash in LK tatsu > EX DP does 252 damage when you have VT1 activated. For this reason alone I will use VT1 sometimes lol.
  • Rockman85Rockman85 Joined: Posts: 404

I got nothing to do and have just been watching streams and I did see that work. Damage is great like you said, according to math that should be 208 damage. The problem is that I don't think it's 100% consistent. I saw the guy drop it a few times. I think that happens when Ryu's opponent is right over the top of his head. EX donkey kick might be slow, but not slow enough I guess. Heavy donkey kick might be the one you have to use at that range.

Another nice piece of news I saw is that LK tatsu > EX DP works mid screen in VT1, but you have to be pretty close. He was able to connect it after cr. HP > LK tatsu. If people are still tech'ing in 2018, a gimmicky dash in LK tatsu > EX DP does 252 damage when you have VT1 activated. For this reason alone I will use VT1 sometimes lol.

I agree with you on your Ryu assessment. I think He will be better over all.
    I see him being more agressive with VT1. Those FB changes keep him much less at a disadvange compare to before. Also overall fireball have been reduced. He will seem more in your face while zoning.

If fireball overall length is shorter does that mean there are more denjin set ups now?

Finally, I was thinking you can CC HK, Axe Kick XX VT, SPS, S.HP XX DP.
    This should work right?
    PC AE ID: opticknads
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 835
    Lol, I'm all excited thinking Ryu has the most powerful counter with VT2, and then I see that Karin's VT2 is also a counter except she can cancel special move recovery into it...
    Get Serious!

SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 3500

SF4: main char: Fei Long