SRK Forums *NOT* closing down at the end of January 2018

Comments

• Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 8
    As someone that hasn't regularly used these forums in a long time, the news of this place closing still hit pretty close to home. A lot of good came out of SRK forums for me and my good friends and I'll definitely miss this place regardless!

</3
  • BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,931
    I joined back in 2003, so to see a forum I've actively been a part of for 15 years shut down makes me sad. I've met some great people here on GD and matchmaking back in the day.

I'll miss GD and posting here. I won't miss all of you though, just some. Fuck you.

Fuck cats. Also shut the fuck up Don.

End of an era boys.
    shut up TGS
  • Marvin WilliamsMarvin Williams Joined: Posts: 1
    now is the time to at least post once on this forum. thank you all for all the helpful posts and info. peace out.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,689
    Well that sucks.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,143 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I joined back in 2003, so to see a forum I've actively been a part of for 15 years shut down makes me sad. I've met some great people here on GD and matchmaking back in the day.

I'll miss GD and posting here. I won't miss all of you though, just some. Fuck you.

End of an era boys.

Fuck cats? Fuck you.

I haven't been to the IRC channel in forever. Is it still active?
  • SevansSevans Hell bent Joined: Posts: 636
    Think about how much more productive some of us might be, though.
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,815
    damn thats wack af.

rip I owe alot to this shitty place.
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,931

End of an era boys.

Fuck cats? Fuck you.

I haven't been to the IRC channel in forever. Is it still active?

It is, we are having our memorial service for the forum right now on there haha.
    shut up TGS
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 825
    This news is very disheartening. I have seen many much less active forums remain operational so it comes as a surprise. However, one has to roll with the punches...
  • PerthoPertho Capt of Team #Hellspawn Joined: Posts: 22,817 mod
    GD discord. Come get wild and angry.

https://discord.gg/QAFjujk
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,454
    Fuck all this noise, why get rid of the Forums is what I want to know!

Gamefaqs is too goddamn cancerous to even have decent talk these days!!
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,945 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The forums have had a good run, as evidenced by the number of years some of us have been around for. I haven't been as active as I have in the past, but I will miss the forums.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,503
    edited January 8
    Iduno wrote: »
    This is some fucking bullshit, Forums are the only thing worthwhile about SRK.

Real.

It's literally the difference between me going here or Eventhubs.
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • Shin AkumaShin Akuma "A free America without her THOMAS PAINE is unthinkable." ― Marquis de Lafayette Joined: Posts: 1,674
    I thought this was a joke at first but... :sad:

???

Cue cliche:
    "If everyone donated a dollar..."
    “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”Bruce Lee
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.Vince Lombardi Jr.
    "Execution wins games." Execution > Strategy. "Execution is like the sun ― every single aspect of fighting games revolves around it." ― Me
    "KNOWING (strategy) is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must DO (execute)." ― Bruce Lee • Leonardo da Vinci • Johann Wolfgang von Goethe • Sun Tzu
    "One may KNOW (strategy) how to conquer without being able to DO (execute) it." "He wins his battles by making NO mistakes. Making NO mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory. ― Sun Tzu
    "If you can execute everything you want to at the right time, you can't lose. And that's why Tomo (Ohira) was the best ever. EXECUTION. He's just quicker, faster, better trained than anyone that's ever lived." ― Jeff Schaefer
  • RX-78-3RX-78-3 Newport News Arcade OG Joined: Posts: 575
    I'm shocked at how little notice we are getting. Not even a donation drive or a change of ownership attempt? It comes across as the site owners/staff just deciding to give up in the face of current social media outlets. But I guess this is a trend that all older forums are feeling right now.

Still... Gentlemen, it has been a privilege. I have many fond memories and memorable discussions with people I've met on this site.

Wherever we may all end up, we await your return warriors...
    :f::d::df:+:p:
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,454
    Where the flying fuck are the cowardly bitch-made site admins to explain this shit?!?!
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • ZuluZulu Mighty Mighty Joined: Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wow really? I mean I rarely post but really?
    All seeing. All knowing. All that.
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,455
    Guess I'll be more active on Discord. Damn this sucks though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file