I need help building my own Xbox One Fighting Stick

DragonsukenDragonsuken Joined: Posts: 4
Hello, dear people of Shoryuken. I really do want to create my own Arcade Fight Stick for Xbox One, but as many websites and guides, I have visited. I can't understand a few things. First of all why and where I need the resistors for the LT and RT buttons. The guide doesn't help me as many photos as removed http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/184953/xbox-one-padhack-thread-calling-the-goons-toodles-gummowned-phreak-and-you-do-it-for-the-kids/p1 Can you make the procedure as simple as possible for me. Thank you!

Comments

• FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,587
    Easiest way possible:

1) If you want to use the stock controller PCB, buy a Phreakmods Crossbone, and follow the instructions in this thread.

2) If you're open to using another PCB, the Brook UFB offers XBO support.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • DragonsukenDragonsuken Joined: Posts: 4
    Easiest way possible:

1) If you want to use the stock controller PCB, buy a Phreakmods Crossbone, and follow the instructions in this thread.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can;t buy it as I live in Europe and I don't find any in Europe. The Brook UFB is kinds expensive.

i would like to do it myself, but I don;t understand how to add the 100 ohm resistors on the LT and RT buttons
    Easiest way possible:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't buy it as I live in Europe and I don't find any in Europe. The Brook UFB is kinds expensive.

i would like to do it myself using just the controller, but I don't understand how to add the 100-ohm resistors on the LT and RT buttons

• DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,745
    better copy and paste all you can now, the forum is closing the end of the month.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Darksakul wrote: »
    better copy and paste all you can now, the forum is closing the end of the month.

Thanks for the tip, I just read about that. So unfortunate. :( Anyways, I still don't understand why and how can I add the resistors to LT and RT buttons.
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 105
    Gimme 5 I'll find my thread from last year, or try to anyways ^_^
    Not many pics as I was reading the labels off the boards, so if you get stuck shoot me a message and I'll get you fixed up :)

The short version on this is you will need to connect the soldering for lt/rt to a 3.3v source on the board with a 10k ohm resistor otherwise they give too weak of a signal to register correctly.

Would highly recommend connecting to windows and testing you get solid inputs whenever you wire them so it's easier to troubleshoot as you go :)
    Darksakul wrote: »

Thanks for the tip, I just read about that. So unfortunate. :( Anyways, I still don't understand why and how can I add the resistors to LT and RT buttons.

How'd you go with it?
  • thatfoocrispythatfoocrispy Joined: Posts: 26
    Easiest way possible:

what about the xbone/360 hori fighting commander pcb?