Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

[SR$2k Dev Thread] SRK2 Now Open! srk2.com

Comments

• Bea_IankBea_Iank Joined: Posts: 307
    I have been looking on cloud servers for this purpose as well.
    My main worry is how much bandwidth the forums would use monthly.

If you go through with it, I would be glad to help.
    Flat is justice!
    CFN: bea_iank
  • Sp00kyFoxSp00kyFox Joined: Posts: 343
    awesome to see all the effort here. I really hope there is some way to keep the SRK forums alive. you all have my moral support!
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,781
    I'm in with anyway I can. Discord is just a temporary stop gap anyway.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,752
    I like discord but only for real time communication, and that's it. Reddit is a a disorganized bootlegged forum, great for showcasing what is popular and the latest news but you can't use effectively when you want to archive important indepth information, neither is that information easily found either.

So yes, i would love to see a new forum where we can seek refuge.
    DBFZ: A18/Trunks/Yamcha
    GGXrdR2:
     Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX V-ISM BOB SAGAT 30th Anniversary Joined: Posts: 18,116
    Can your servers handle the load of all these guys and their waifus?

SRK itself has had a ton of downtime thru the changes and breaking apart where we were all scared and didn't know why it was happening.

Shoryuken server migration/downtime working on that Credit...man~

1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The King of Wakanda Joined: Posts: 10,081
    edited January 9
    I'm definitely willing to help out. I was looking into premium options at Zetaboards since it was so barebones.
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,883
    I'm definitely willing to help out. I was looking into premium options at Zetaboards since it was so barebones.

What are the premium options?

I was also thinking about it and I'm thinking that the free version probably doesn't have a lot of storage capacity. I don't know if that can increase with the premium version.

I am curious to see where the talks about migration end up though.

If there is a way to just move everything to somewhere else and/or maybe have someone else in charge of SRK that would be great. I'd hate to see all of the old posts disappear.
    CFN & FightCade: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The King of Wakanda Joined: Posts: 10,081

What are the premium options?

I was also thinking about it and I'm thinking that the free version probably doesn't have a lot of storage capacity. I don't know if that can increase with the premium version.

I am curious to see where the talks about migration end up though.

If there is a way to just move everything to somewhere else and/or maybe have someone else in charge of SRK that would be great. I'd hate to see all of the old posts disappear.

At work. I'd have to look it up. IIRC they didn't seem substantial.
    CFN: Darc_Requiem (PS4)
    CFN: Dark_Requiem (PC)
    WAKANDA FOREVER!!!!
    ShoRyuKen Warriors Backup Forum
    http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • KingCrimsonKingCrimson CFN: OldManRage Joined: Posts: 1,883
    edited January 9
    bchan009 wrote: »
    I'm currently toying with different software on my own hosting.

It's easier than using a forum service.

I appreciate your efforts. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help, anything at all.
    CFN & FightCade: OldManRage
    PSN: WhoCares1984
    SRK Warriors Forum: http://s15.zetaboards.com/SRK_Asylum/index/
  • GetTheTablesGetTheTables Joined: Posts: 612
    Throw me in as another supporter of a new forum home. Don't know what I can do but if there is some way I can help out I will.
    CFN: GetTheTables
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You could ask for a joining fee to start off with a good note. I don't have a clue on the cost of running boards but I'd think most ppl here could chip in 10 bucks to join
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,364
    I wouldn't mind helping with any monetary donations that may be needed to either keep this site going or to start a new one.
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    though I don’t want to migrate to another forum I’d be willing to.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,671 mod
    I hope there is an official migration spot.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
  • tribaLtribaL すいっぴ。 Joined: Posts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I would also be 100% on-board with this. Just be sure to advertise the hell out of it on discord/reddit to get the foot traffic that hasn't been seen here in some time.
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I will 100% support such an initiative with my hard earned cash.
    I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,507
    edited January 9
    Didn't someone in the announcement thread also mention they were already doing a successor forum?
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bless the lot of you all. If there is a way to save this small community or give it a new home, it would be much appreciated.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Grand_Sage_MosesGrand_Sage_Moses Joined: Posts: 192
    I'm definitely interested in it. Just let me know how I can help.
  • DaemosDaemos Survival of the Strong Joined: Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Retard wrote: »
    I would like to show some support too (Senior Software Developer for a couple of years). No ads and already paid hosting is a humble offer, but I don't believe that you can sustain that while maintaining the performance / uptime of the current board :/ There is a reason for vanilla to charge the prices they do, even if you cut out their profits. @Jasen Hicks if you need more manpower, count me in!

Thanks! I don't want to hijack this thread but I am willing to listen to everyone's proposals and recommendations if SRK folks are willing to let me assume the forums and migrate over. I have a few discussion points with MrWiz and he said he'd take them back to the SRK team for discussion on their end.

I have experience running a few large boards for other hobbies I have and a few folks that have jumped in to help me out with extensive IT experience that compliments my own very well; additionally, they are fellow SRK members who also enjoy the forums and want to see them continue. If it all works out we can maintain the information, migrate it over, and have it all up in a well controlled, managed environment with little to no down time and hopefully some improvements that everyone will enjoy.

In the end, no help will go unused and I want to have the community help as much as possible. I have the funding and resources setup and in place to make it all happen but will have some various aspects I can use help with such as moderation, updates, themeing, etc.

You came. :heart:

I FEEL IT WITHIN MY BODY!
  • VoltVolt The Ultra Plastic Warrior Joined: Posts: 3,473
    I'll help in whatever way I can.

We definitely need to save some tech here, even if we can't save whole threads. Do we have a successor yet, or is the Zetaboards' forum the only one?
    Join the SRK Weekly SFV Tournament!!!

If anyone is crazy enough to fight someone from Rio in SFV's terrible online, CFN is Volt-Ikazuchi.
  • YunaYuna SRK'S Social Justice Warlock Joined: Posts: 7,679
    though I don’t want to migrate to another forum I’d be willing to.

Likewise here. I'd rather keep SRK alive, maybe reverting to the older forum format (bring back animated avatars), but if it's a new forum or nothing at all, then sure.
    "You can go ahead and cry about SJWs at this point if you like (I know some of you will), but it's not that I'm against boobs and asses and vaginas and cocks and all that. Love 'em! Genitals? Brilliant. Love lookin' at human genitalia. I love to watch genitals just poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it... poundin' it..."
    --Jim Sterling

"kurt slipped up and said the word wrestler. oops"
    --Stuart "Stu-Booty" Hayden
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,399
    I think vanilla open source would probably be the easiest option if we can get an archive before the places goes we can see about rehosting it to lower cost then see about adding some new premium memberships.

We also don't lose the current srk and can go in and trim the fat as we go.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,440
    Volt wrote: »

We definitely need to save some tech here, even if we can't save whole threads. Do we have a successor yet, or is the Zetaboards' forum the only one?

I wouldn't start jumping ship to anything until an official statement by SRK leadership is put out.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Does not like SJWs or the alt right Joined: Posts: 6,001
    im sure someone could write a bot to crudely make text archives of the forum. its really a question of who has decent hard drive space
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • PerthoPertho Capt of Team #Hellspawn Joined: Posts: 22,925 mod
    Volt wrote: »

I wouldn't start jumping ship to anything until an official statement by SRK leadership is put out.

They did put out an official statement: forums are doneso at the end of the month.

Instead of being able to talk to anybody who knows anything we get vague comments and no facts. So SRK upper management stays the same.

The Cannons have done a lot so I sure as hell aint gonna ask them to do more or assume any ill from their decision, but there is a community that deserved a shot at saving themselves if only for the fact that the user base helped solidify things.

Right now it feels half assed: the part most users like is leaving and then the clickcoin miner keeps on living.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,617
    +1 for willing to pay for a premium membership or at least surf the forum with my ad blocker off if that's what it takes.

For those digging the Discord thing, is there a discord plugin that we could have on-site that would provide real time chat options or would that kind of defeat the purpose of having the forum in the first place?
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,623 mod
    Azure wrote: »
    bchan009 wrote: »
    I've got plenty of resources. If you guys don't want to give up and use reddit/discord then please post in this thread. If interest is high enough I'll try to have a new board set up by the end of the week! Please post feature requests also -- I'll be shopping for appropriate forum software.

If it has Animated Avatars and Steel Blue, you have a strong case.

I miss those days..
    I'm definitely interested in seeing to forum live on.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file