Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

[SR$2k Dev Thread] SRK2 Now Open! srk2.com

Comments

• NoJohnsNoJohns WHINING FOOLS BEGONE! Joined: Posts: 50
    bchan009 wrote: »
    Theme switcher is working! Now taking requests for color schemes / your favorite fighting game stages.

Krauser's stage from Fatal Fury Special.
    PSN: JOKERSHENCHMAN
    Steam ID: BOSS GHOST
    Twitter: NoJohnz
  • bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 895
    NoJohns wrote: »
    Theme switcher is working! Now taking requests for color schemes / your favorite fighting game stages.

@NoJohns This one, right?

dc-2141-11327790777.jpg

That's the one!
    edited January 16

That's the one!

I'll do my best to fulfill the request. Nobody seems to have ripped it yet which means I may end up having to do it myself. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it in the near future.

Edit: Nvm. I found it. <3
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX V-ISM BOB SAGAT 30th Anniversary Joined: Posts: 18,116
    Alpha 2 grass, or if the lightning et all is too annoying to screencap a still from moving parts

Alpha 2 Ken Birthday boat
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,674
    Volcanic Rim, Vanilla SF4 version. Extra red.

• tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Theming system is fully functional and looking good! You can try it out for yourself @ http://srk2.com !

I'll focus on styling the text/site colors for each theme now.

theme_explanation.jpg

damn, looks hype! terrific work and looking forward to further development.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • Lucky ZeroLucky Zero Joined: Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 16
    Theming system is fully functional and looking good! You can try it out for yourself @ http://srk2.com !

theme_explanation.jpg

So are you wanting people to register now?

Also, people like animated avatars, so I'm curious... have you experimented with getting those to work? Reason I ask is because I'm using XenForo on the new Higher Voltage forums and, from what I've researched, I have to set Imagick as the default image processor in the forum settings in order to have animated avatars. However, Imagick is not installed on my server. Do you know if that's something I could install myself or does the web host have to offer it? It looks a bit different from things I've learned to install so far.

Animated avatars on forums are such an old feature at this point... you'd think they would just be an option by default :/

edited January 16
    Lucky Zero wrote: »

theme_explanation.jpg

So are you wanting people to register now?

Also, people like animated avatars, so I'm curious... have you experimented with getting those to work? Reason I ask is because I'm using XenForo on the new Higher Voltage forums and, from what I've researched, I have to set Imagick as the default image processor in the forum settings in order to have animated avatars. However, Imagick is not installed on my server. Do you know if that's something I could install myself or does the web host have to offer it? It looks a bit different from things I've learned to install so far.

Animated avatars on forums are such an old feature at this point... you'd think they would just be an option by default :/

Hi!

No, I'm not currently accepting registration since there's still stuff under development. The theme switcher is usable by anyone visiting though, so no need to log in to try.

Animated avatars are already working on my site -- if you go there and open up a thread you'll see them moving in all their glory. =)

Modern forum software usually doesn't allow you to have animated avatars because the forum software will generally create thumbnails based on the file you upload. These thumbnails are usually resized and won't include animation as a result. I had to modify some stuff to get them to show up on Vanilla. The 'modern' line of thinking is also that animated avatars are tacky or distracting, so a lot of software doesn't even support them / has them disabled by default.
    edited January 17
    Krauser's stage looks fantastic! Love it!
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,833
    If you're still accepting ideas for backgrounds, Jotaro's Cell from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure would be cool
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World, Digimon: Cyber Sleuths, Yakuza 3
    edited January 17
    Changes for today:

- Tweaked dark theme
    - CSS/javascript cleanup/optimization
    - Animated upvote buttons
    - Cleaner post score display
    - User title displayed under avatar
    - Images allowed in signatures
    - Flag button added to posts

I think board is feature complete now. I'm about ready to do a database wipe and open it up to people. I'll probably make a few more themes, but then we're ready to go.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Changes for today:

- Tweaked dark theme
    - CSS/javascript cleanup/optimization
    - Animated upvote buttons
    - Cleaner post score display
    - User title displayed under avatar

I think board is feature complete now. I'm about ready to do a database wipe and open it up to people. I'll probably make a few more themes, but then we're ready to go.

Aaaaahhhhh, animated AVs! Let us know when it's open bchan009-senpai!
    :tup:
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX V-ISM BOB SAGAT 30th Anniversary Joined: Posts: 18,116
    edited January 18
    Changes for today:

To avoid abuse, size and dimension limits, if not filetypes allowed (choosing one all sigs have to be) as well are key!

Then with a guide to have their own sorta template and how much they can fit into one file known ahead of time to work with, that gets people creative too, even with a static image.
    To avoid abuse, screen every new sign up for "Do you like Spiderman?"
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

I am super excited for your forum to be done. I think it's because I'm dreading SRK's move to the new format.
    edited January 18
    Forums now open! - Working out e-mail bugs. Please wait. =[

Today's updates:

- Moved to quality hosting solution
    - Easy-to-read URLs
    - SSL certificate for encrypted login
    - New KOF '94 Japan stage theme
    - UI/optimization tweaks
    - Stage Select button added to the top of the screen

kof94_japan_icon.jpg

Btw - do you guys like BBCode or Markdown(what Reddit uses)?

Feel free to post over there and let me know if there are any bugs!

https://srk2.com
    Post edited by bchan009 on
    edited January 18
    Ok. Forums are open FOR REAL THIS TIME.

If you made an account before please remake it. Your confirmation e-mail should arrive this time. Look for it in your spam folder if you don't see it for a while.

http://srk2.com
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You've done a really good job bchan009!
    Thanks !
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • RudeAwakeningRudeAwakening Joined: Posts: 91
    edited January 18
    What about SF2 Ryu stage?

Or A2 Ryu stage.

The OG Character.
  • JaldaboathJaldaboath SHOULDERCANNONSON Joined: Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 18
    Registered, might as well start posting.
    "One day, in a far off place, a small tribe witnessed a big animal, doing something different: walking on its hind legs. The scared tribe swore it was the devil, walking on land. That devil became the creature called Jaldaboath" - b1gazn
    2006 Most Fucked Up Battle Poll Champion: Vile

If you're looking for a USFIV updated mod, check out the "Mega Pack vol.2." And my dA page.
    edited January 18
    I'm so relieved sign-up e-mails are working. Last night/early this morning was really tense...

I've set up a theme request thread so feel free to post there:

https://srk2.com/discussion/12/stage-request-thread

Themes will be rotated out periodically to make room for new ones. I personally pay attention to every request! =)
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,713
    Ok. Your confirmation e-mail should arrive this time. Look for it in your spam folder if you don't see it for a while.

http://srk2.com

Came here to post that. Looks real neat man. Great work!
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    edited January 19
    1/19/18:
    - Theme tweaks
    - New e-mail system!

I have moved over to a new e-mail system that should help keep srk2.com e-mails from being marked as spam. There should be no more problems receiving verification e-mails now. Required a tiny monthly fee, but definitely worth it to make sure e-mails work!

This should no longer be a problem -- but if you have not received a confirmation e-mail please PM me. I will confirm you manually!

I'm visiting my parents this weekend so development will slow down a bit -- but when I return I'll get started on a nice mobile theme. =)
    Signed up!

In my confirmation email, the URL didn't appear as a link. Had to copy and paste to confirm my account. Not a big deal whatsoever, just wanted to make you aware.
    Signed up!

In my confirmation email, the URL didn't appear as a link. Had to copy and paste to confirm my account. Not a big deal whatsoever, just wanted to make you aware.

From what I can tell gmail turns the text into a link automatically, but some other people only get plain text. Now that I have a better mail server to work with I'll see if I can turn on HTML e-mails with clickable links for everyone.
    Signed up!

From what I can tell gmail turns the text into a link automatically, but some other people only get plain text. Now that I have a better mail server to work with I'll see if I can turn on HTML e-mails with clickable links for everyone.

Weird, I was using Gmail and still got plain text.
    18lwK0L.jpg

edited January 20
    Signed up!

18lwK0L.jpg

Sigh. Who knew the most confusing part of this whole thing would be sending e-mails? I've learned way more about how e-mail works in the past 2 days than I could ever want to know. =/
    Signed up!

Sigh. Who knew the most confusing part of this whole thing would be sending e-mails? I've learned way more about how e-mail works in the past 2 days than I could ever want to know. @_@

Much like anything with web development, those random facts you now know will haunt your dreams

1/20/18:
    - HTML e-mails now active (clickable links in e-mails!)
    - Emoji guide added to site rules/info

Site uses the standard twitter emojis - see how to type them below:

Twitter_Emoji-5.png?t=1516385241778
  • PerthoPertho Capt of Team #Hellspawn Joined: Posts: 22,922 mod
    yo bchan, aren't using vanilla?

how the do you have animated avatars? :rofl:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited January 20
    Pertho wrote: »
    yo bchan, aren't using vanilla?

how the do you have animated avatars? :rofl:

I actually sent Preppy instructions on how to do it, but he hasn't had time yet.

Basically you've got to edit something in the forum config.php, and then you have to add some custom code to your theme files.
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh man we could have animated avatars back? Sweet
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Install
    So I've been told that people love reactions.

I'm thinking about downgrading to a slightly older version of Vanilla to get reactions back/add a little stability...gonna play around a bit tonight.
    edited January 22
    1/22/18:
    - Changed Vanilla Forum versions
    - Theme tweaks
    - Added reactions/user ranks
    - Removed voter system

Reactions are working. Still deciding what kind of ranks I want. Badge system for special members will be set up later. =)
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    More gay ngga ad tbh
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file