why did various users get banned

fishjiefishjie noJoined: Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
Since i dont post on srk as much as i used to, i was curious the stories behind which people got banned and why? off the top of my head

rockbogart
soviet
cisco
stuart hayden

etc

Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle

Comments

• BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,984
    Soviet insulted Wizard and some other mods IIRC. Rock committed account-suicide and got DELETED by some rogue mod.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • PerthoPertho Capt of Team #Hellspawn Joined: Posts: 22,825 mod

Also during my ban a bunch of no-name members made parody twitter and srk accounts on the front page of me. It was pretty hilarious. I’d contact each and everyone of them and the them to keep up doing the good work and they’d be like “oh, it’s not fun if you think it’s funny. :(“ and they’d stop soon afterwords.

I remember that part of it. That shit was great. :rofl:
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    how did blackrain get banned...
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pertho wrote: »
    Shoryuken.com IS the forums. If you take that away then there is nothing. It'll just be a classier version of eventhubs that I'll never click on. If I don't go into that front page all that much as is, it is basically guaranteed I never go to it now.

I'd be interested to see the effect this has on this and next year's EVO.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They didn't feed Snorlax enough McRibs to get out of jail.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Let me elaborate on how I got banned.
    Back when premium was still around wiz would let us get a name change if we bought a year of premium at the end of the year.

Well wiz got rid of premium as we all know.

If no one remembers the price point for premium it was roughly $3 a month, $15 for 6 months or $25 for a year. Something like that. Like I said; roughly.

Well shortly after wiz got rid of premium he decided to be “generous” and do name changes again if you bought 2 evo shirts. The evo shirts were $30 each plus shipping. So a name change when from $25 to almost $70 (probably $80 if international).

I thought this was absolutely bullshit and called him out on it. I believe I called him a “greedy McRib eating fuck and he is ruining the community with his greed” On the front page and the thread he made for it.

Wiz banned me for 2 weeks I think to give me time to cool off; it didn’t work. I went in on him again as soon as I got back. Front page mostly. I got banned from posting on the front page so I posted my grievance with him somewhere on the site (I don’t remember exactly where) and wiz decided to permanently ban me.

When word got out that I got permanently banned for what I did there was a backlash. Wiz wasn’t happy about that either so for a while (a few months I believe) anyone who even mentioned me would have their posts edited, posts deleted or were infracted, some times even banned.

Also during my ban a bunch of no-name members made parody twitter and srk accounts on the front page of me. It was pretty hilarious. I’d contact each and everyone of them and the them to keep up doing the good work and they’d be like “oh, it’s not fun if you think it’s funny. :(“ and they’d stop soon afterwords.

oh my god thanks for sharing bro i knew there was an epic story behind it
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,176
    Darksakul wrote: »
    ParryAll wrote: »
    I got banned for a while cause i support trump and intellectually destroy opposition, who was a mod.

^^ Perfect Disney response for fan opposition to SW:TLJ.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 24,714
    Just as I said you were cool, then you post this.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,904
    How did Louiscipher get banned? He had McRibs give him special treatment after he cried about Angelpalm e-bullying him.
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,199
    Richter wrote: »
    How did Louiscipher get banned? He had McRibs give him special treatment after he cried about Angelpalm e-bullying him.

Because he was a fucking dickhead, reregistered multiple times under different nicknames, kept being an ass, and got perma'd, as well as had himself exposed through sheer posting style on new accs
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When Leah Dizon was beating both Adrianna Lima and Beyonce in the poll thread I could not stand such blasphemy I posted links to the thread in like 3 different threads got banned for a week for spamming lol. I believe I also broke the rule of naming people on discord when I screen shotted The Epidemic saying he would destroy anyone on SRK in Overwatch then also saying it's a trash ass game so I was banned for a week:rofl:
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • BoelBoel FREEDOM FIGHTER I CANNOT BE CAGED Joined: Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    free dingdangdoom
    <@MrWizard>; SRK still gets quite a bit of traffic
    <@MrWizard>; mostly from SFV noobs
    <@MrWizard>; and GD hell spawn
    #teamhellspawn
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Free lil whoodie

Ye dug.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Richter wrote: »

Because he was a fucking dickhead, reregistered multiple times under different nicknames, kept being an ass, and got perma'd, as well as had himself exposed through sheer posting style on new accs

Let's not forget that he called Mixah an inarticulate FOB.

...Mixah sounds like a typical EACO dude.

Prolly smarter than most.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,666
    edited January 12
    locoghoul wrote: »
    How do ppl get banned on a site like this ROFL? Oh wait now I remember how snowflakes were banning ppl for posting anything other than "omg I'm so sad" on the "Chester from Linkin Park committed suicide"

Shieet, I had people unfriending me on fb for making the numb/In the end jokes.
    However as the great reverend Logan Paul once said, "I didn't do it for the views"
    "I use humor to cope up with uncomfortable situation"
    "Fuck me Jake, fuck me in the ass brother."
    Hotobu wrote: »

I'd be interested to see the effect this has on this and next year's EVO.

I don't see this affecting Evo all that much. eSports was going to decentralize the core of the scene. Think because of reddit, people saying that anybody who touches a fighting game is a member of the community, twitter and top player cliques, joining the community didn't start with joining SRK. That's a good thing if you hate SRK (as a shitload of people do, some with good reasons) but it is shitty for a host of other important ones. One of those important ones being the repository of information that it is.

Its at the point where new "FGC" members are going to start drowning out the older ones to the point where maintaining interstate friendships is less important for a national tournament like Evo and the spectator part takes over. Regionals are going to start taking over as the actual community events; those tournaments you go to because you actually give a shit. Evo is going to still be important in all of our hearts because of history, but its going to kind matter dick all for people who used to post on SRK as the one tournament that made us all pause and you had to attend.

This isn't the community anymore, this is now just a slice of a broader community. It is a slice that got eaten by eSports.

GGs.

Fuck E-Sports.

Dota is kewl though :coffee:
    Post edited by Tyrant Sardines II on
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,760
    Consultation on diabetes... That shit is gold.

At least y'all didn't get clapped for misspelling stupid ass Cap "We used to be good once" com...

The name gets spelled correctly when they stop fucking up.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,461 admin
    SoVi3t wrote: »
    Bious wrote: »
    Soviet insulted Wizard and some other mods IIRC. Rock committed account-suicide and got DELETED by some rogue mod.

I asked mods why my family was being attacked, and got banned for it. Mr Wiz then said whatever nonsense he said after I said:

whatever, this place still dead
    That's revisionist. You started making threats before anybody had had any chance to respond to your issues. I had been away from my computer because real life is a thing, and by the time I got back things were in a real bad state. You're back because I believe you are now beyond that and a healthier person.

Thanks for being here. Thanks for being part of this.

Support ForumTraffic: help keep SRK alive and make money at the same time!

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,649
    Why has Mr.Wizard blocked me on twitter, ffs?
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • odinodin holy bybel Joined: Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Cuz yer EUROTRASH.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,649
    odin wrote: »

Cuz yer EUROTRASH.

Your ancestors are Eurotrash you fucking 10th generation immigrant.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • PerthoPertho Capt of Team #Hellspawn Joined: Posts: 22,825 mod
    Funniest ban so far for me is when "FaceMeandBeAutistic" posted a picture of a gun and got nuked.

Nothing about that situation was funny.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 12,033
    Funniest ban so far for me is when "FaceMeandBeAutistic" posted a picture of a gun and got nuked.

Nothing about that situation was funny.

Him getting banned was funny. I don't disagree with why he got banned, but I thought it was funny that it finally happened because he was fucking retarded anyway.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,098
    I guess the moral of the story is, don't act like a child online if you don't want to be banned.
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,666
    I guess the moral of the story is, don't act like a child online if you don't want to be banned.

Be a guuuuurl
    OTT Movie
    Tenacious Disgaea

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file