SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy

Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,476
edited January 11 in Fighting Game Discussion

Activate Special Moves with a single button, and make use of special items to change the tide of battle! However, the fight isn’t over the moment you’ve chipped enough health away. Once your opponent is on the ropes, utilize your Dream Finish technique to win the match! Spectate on other battles online, and wage on who you think will win using in-game points. Use your winnings to buy voice clips and accessories in an all-new costume system, and customize your favorite heroine to your heart’s content!

SNKHeroines_thumb.jpg

Features

Assemble Your Heroines and Battle Head-to-Head – A brand new tag battle action fighting game is here! Players can participate in a four-multiplayer frenzy online or with friends!

An Iconic Cast of SNK’s Female Characters! – Choose from a generous roster of female heroines from the SNK universe!

Defeat Foes With Style and Elegance – Coordination is key, as players can choose from up to 100 different accessories for their characters. Accessories including cat ears, glasses, face paint, and new sound effects.

Here’s a quote from SNK President and CEO Koichi Toyama:

“I am very pleased to launch this partnership with NIS America, who has a proven record of delivering excellent results in the publishing and marketing of Japanese game content over the years. I am convinced that this collaboration will allow us to deliver the highest quality content to our fans.“

And one from NIS America president Takuro Yamashita:

“NIS America is honored to work alongside SNK Corporation in spreading the SNK brand of gaming throughout NA and EU regions. Since 2003, NIS America has strived to spread Japanese culture through video games and we hope that our partnership with SNK will strengthen our bonds and ultimately, provide the highest quality title for fans.”

A limited “Diamond Dream Edition” version of the game was also announced for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. It comes with a hardcover art book, Fatal Cutie hat, a towel, wrist sweatband, a two-disc soundtrack, a tank top, and a Lapel pin set.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/11/snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzy-also-coming-ps4-shows-screenshots-details-costumes/

Comments

• Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,476
    SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy2_thumb.jpgSNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy1_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy3_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy4_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy5_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy7_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy12_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy8_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy9_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy10_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy11_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy13_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy14_thumb.jpg

SNKHeroinesTagTeamFrenzy15_thumb.jpg
  • affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 3,035
    edited January 11
    it better have 50 playable heroines, otherwise it's underwhelming by KOFXIV's standards.

just because it's an all female fighting game, doesn't mean they should develop it with half baked gimmick tier effort.
    KOFXIV already gave them a headstart, so it better have a playable selection as large as KOFXIV's. and Yuri's long braid better be an option.

I'm very surprised they are dedicating a successor to Gal Fighters with XIV production values, so they better treat it like a new ambitious flagship fighting game and not pull any punches.

well it's nice they are at least smart to not leave PS4 out of it. they know PS4 will make them more profits.

also it seems like they are experimenting with teammate spectators in the background, like KOF94-98, except the teammates in the background are now swappable tag team style. that's pretty groundbreaking for a fighting game, though I think Kizuna Encounter had something similiar? not in 3D though.
    affinity wrote: »
    it better have 50 playable heroines, otherwise it's underwhelming by KOFXIV's standards.

just because it's an all female fighting game, doesn't mean they should develop it with half baked gimmick tier effort.
    KOFXIV already gave them a headstart, so it better have a playable selection as large as KOFXIV's. and Yuri's long braid better be an option.

I'm very surprised they are dedicating a successor to Gal Fighters with XIV production values, so they better treat it like a new ambitious flagship fighting game and not pull any punches.

well it's nice they are at least smart to not leave PS4 out of it. they know PS4 will make them more profits.

also it seems like they are experimenting with teammate spectators in the background, like KOF94-98, except the teammates in the background are now swappable tag team style. that's pretty groundbreaking for a fighting game, though I think Kizuna Encounter had something similiar? not in 3D though.

My guess is it’ll have all the KOF 14 girls alongside the ones leaked for the upcoming KOF. And maybe a few more so that it’s actually an SNK Girls game as oppose to KOF Girls
    edited January 11
    oh well, what are the leaked ones for the upcoming KOF? they seriously should give SNK Heroines the KOFXIV treatment with roster ambitions, the selection could be AMAZING!!

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/11/snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzy-also-coming-ps4-shows-screenshots-details-costumes/

they are already messing up adding Kukri as some kind of boss, which is dumb. like add Chizuru or someone new for that.
    ok so it's nostalgia from the guy that was the villain of Gals Fighters, though its argued Miss X is female and could be related to Demitri
    http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters4/missx.html
    so perhaps Kukri is female in SNK Heroines?

well they still should have 50 playable heroines at least.

lets see....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTRih_TW4AE3tAg?format=jpg&name=medium

1. Sylvie 2. Mian 3. Zarina 4. Mature
    5. Vice 6. Luong 7. Angel 8. Nakoruru
    8. Mui Mui 9. Love Heart 10. Kula Diamond 11. Leona
    12. King 13. Mai Shiranui 14. Alice 15. Athena
    16. Yuri Sakazaki 17. Vanessa 18. Whip 19. Chizuru
    20. Blue Mary 21. B.Jenet 22. Hotaru Futaba 23. Kasumi Todoh
    24. Elisabeth 25. Rose Bernstein 26. Hibiki Takane 27. Cham Cham
    28. Diana 29. Foxy 30. Shermie 31. Lilly Kane
    32. Hinako Shijou 33. Momoko 34. Li Xiangfei 35. Fiolina Germi
    36. Moe Habana 37. Ai 38. Ryoko Izumo 39. Lenny Creston
    40. Rosa 41. Clara 42. Asuka 43. Maria
    44. Eri Kasamoto 45. Sinclair 46. Yuki 47.Carol Stanzack
    48. Malin 49. Iroha 50. Kisarah Westfield

edited January 11
    what? there's gotta be more than 11 playable characters, this is absurd, and even insane if it's missing female fighters that already are completed during XIV, like Whip, Alice, Vanessa, Zarina, Luong, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/Nq2xDzG.png

Nq2xDzG.png
  • ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 268
    Pertho wrote: »
    You fucking dickhole, this was Affinity's thread to make.

I thought the thread title wasn't long enough. Didn't have enough unwarranted praise either.
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 763
    missx-2.png

• KillaFoxKillaFox Resident Savage Joined: Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭✭ Junior OG
    Game looks like ass

and not edible ass either
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 4,025
    Blue Mary or we riot.
    it seems SNK Heroines tech could allow KOF XV to eventually have visible teammates in the background like KOF94-98, except 3D.

so they currently achieve having 1 teammate per side visible in the background, and animated, KOFXV could have 2 teammates per side in the background,
    though tag team should stay out of KOFXV. that stuff cheapened 2003 and XI combat.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,149
    Cronopio wrote: »
    Looks like a fighting game made by Illusion.

Lets hope the mods push it towards that.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,269 mod
    Pertho wrote: »
    You fucking dickhole, this was Affinity's thread to make.

Can we at least change the thread title to one of @affinity 's choosing?
  • ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 268
    Despite the overall lack of hype I sense from the people here, I'm going to analyze what I've seen (note this is from watching footage from US and JAP trailers and visiting the NISA web page):

So far the playable characters are all ones who have existing models in KOF XIV; Mai, Leona, Athena, Kula, and Yuri.

The picture in affinities post is part of the background on the game site (Athena and Kula are in the foreground), I count 9 silhouettes (there's one behind Yuri and Leona, she'll probably be between them after her reveal) for a total of 14 characters (I could be off as the left side characters have some odd overlaps). (Speculation) I believe the top position looks like Fio (Metal slug) while there is a Shermie like bowl cut to the left (down and to the left of the handgun). However considering that the characters seem to be in costumes these guesses could be off.

Not certain about other normals available (I'm hoping for ABCD+S where S is the one button special button) but Mai, Leona, and Athena all used the auto combo animations from KOF XIV. Athena even finished a round canceling from auto combo to dp to shining crystal bit (I think those are pokeballs (undoubtedly only for the switch version)).

Regarding meters, there's the health bar and the other side seems to be special meter (less life = more meter available) rounds start with the meter at half and half. Currently I can say using specials drains the meter (think AOF), your partner seems to build meter in while in the background but mid combo tags drain from the incoming partner (neutral tags appear to be free), and the meter is used for the finishers.

Not fully certain how the combo system flows but it looks marvel-esque for a ground based fighter (if that makes any sense whatsoever), let's use the Kula / Athena combo from the US trailer as an example: Kula hits with stand A, close D (may be auto combo for this game), second hit of close D causes ground bounce => Kula hits j.D which causes a 2nd ground bounce => B ray spin, sit (both of which hit) => dp+C (2 hits) => tag Athena (tag cancels dp)=> j.C => D phoenix arrow => dp +p. That combo does about 1 section of health (seeing as it starts from the 50% mark that means it would be 20% of Leona's total health).

I think that's it. This analysis was very train of thought, so forgive me if I overlooked some things. The idea of you need to hit super to win reminds me of Playstation allstars battle royal, but I'm hoping for more of a traditional fighter in all other regards.
    edited January 12
    DTRXUiKX4AIhWd1?format=jpg&name=orig

Looks like from

1.Sylvie Paula Paula
    2.Mina
    3.Shermie
    4.Shiki
    5.Love Heart
    6.Fio
    7.Mian
    8.Luise
    9.Cham Cham
    Post edited by Monkey66 on
    snh1-pin.jpg
  • C-SwordC-Sword Joined: Posts: 763
    edited January 12
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 611
    I will still pick this up, even if it looks wack.
    edited January 12
    Looks like the cast is

1. Athena Asamiya
    2. Kyla Diamond
    3. Mai Shiranui
    4. Yuri Sakazaki
    5. Leona Heidern
    6. Sylvie Paula Paula
    7. Mian
    8. Shermie
    9. MuiMui
    10. Love Heart
    11. Fio
    12. Goeniko
    13. Cham Cham
    14. ?? (Luise Meyrink)
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 11,173
    They're really going out of their way to lewd Kula in this game huh
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 708
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    They're really going out of their way to lewd Kula in this game huh

They are giving the people what they want.
  • SaandroSaandro Joined: Posts: 177
    What the actual fuck? Oh well, if it's successful maybe SNK will get enough money to do a proper Samurai Shodown game again.
    It’s honestly looks like a fun & cute game for the Switch. Looking forward to it
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 329
    edited January 12
    Seems like something from the early 2000's in terms of style, I like it.
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,503
    Guess having Mai in DOA5 really opened SNK's eyes of playing boob-jiggle dress-up with their females.
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,269 mod
    edited January 13
    Thread title really needs to be changed to "SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy is the greatest heroines tag team fighter ever".
  • Raging_ZoroarkRaging_Zoroark Disgraceful! Joined: Posts: 1,483
    d3v wrote: »
    Thread title really needs to be changed to "SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy is the greatest heroines tag team fighter ever that surpasses every fighter until now, surely an EVO candidate".

Steam: Razor
    3DS FC: 0576-4330-3314
    NNID: Featther
  • KensouADVKensouADV Joined: Posts: 460
    edited January 13
    It looks to be a fun little game. I just think 14 characters to be a pretty small roster for this type of game when you had like 19 female characters in XIV. Well, Love Heart might not be in since SNK sold the rights of SkyLove to another pachislot company still in 2016. But there are items named after her, so who knows? Hope for KukriSandel Dark as boss, MissX and Yuki as "I want Kyo" tag team.

Besides ottomatic, here are two other breakdowns:

KOFXIV: Kensou/Athena/Nakoruru [Kyo, MuiMui, Sylvie, Whip]
    BlazblueCF: Taokaka [Rachel, Lambda, Tsubaki]
    DOA5LR: Tina [Mai, Sarah]
  • Red Rick DiasRed Rick Dias *Cornette Face* Joined: Posts: 3,346
    *Looks at the trailers. Looks at the merch. Looks at the US publisher for this.*

*Cornette Face*

Not only "no", but "hell no." What I'm seeing of the battle system so far isn't holding my interest, and I strongly suspect this game will instead focus most of its efforts on being a vehicle for fucktons of DLC. I'll pass. I don't need Waifu Simulator 2018.
    edited January 13
    ^*coughnooneaskedcough*
    Goeniko will be in looking at one of the silhouettes

latest?cb=20121230003511&path-prefix=es
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Are they really going to leave my girls King and Angel out if this? Come on SNK.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 708
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    Goeniko will be in looking at one of the silhouettes

latest?cb=20121230003511&path-prefix=es

I am all for this. Geonitz was always my favorite SNK boss type character.