Forums aren't going at the end of January.

Comments

• Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,373
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Cronopio wrote: »
    All this was pretty fighting game like, the forum got rushed the shit down but pulled a comeback off when there was no hope left.

SRK Forums with the full parry?

Most of us are old enough to have played 3S we got them skills
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • Shin AkumaShin Akuma "A free America without her THOMAS PAINE is unthinkable." ― Marquis de Lafayette Joined: Posts: 1,674
    “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”Bruce Lee
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.Vince Lombardi Jr.
    "Execution wins games." Execution > Strategy. "Execution is like the sun ― every single aspect of fighting games revolves around it." ― Me
    "KNOWING (strategy) is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must DO (execute)." ― Bruce Lee • Leonardo da Vinci • Johann Wolfgang von Goethe • Sun Tzu
    "One may KNOW (strategy) how to conquer without being able to DO (execute) it." "He wins his battles by making NO mistakes. Making NO mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory. ― Sun Tzu
    "If you can execute everything you want to at the right time, you can't lose. And that's why Tomo (Ohira) was the best ever. EXECUTION. He's just quicker, faster, better trained than anyone that's ever lived." ― Jeff Schaefer
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 12
    i'm so glad the forums are saved! i'll be paying for premium because i need to feel important. oh premium, i've missed you all these years... :)
    Post edited by pootnannies on

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX V-ISM BOB SAGAT 30th Anniversary Joined: Posts: 18,102
    KillaFox wrote: »
    Bluefagmingo needs to crawl back into his shitty IRC, circle jerk about how GD is terrible and forums should only last a few months.

Moron.
    He aint got no juice here except his trusty red stapler

ol back of the building cubicle janitor room wondering how he's still here when he's not even on the payroll anymore
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,931
    KillaFox wrote: »
    Bluefagmingo needs to crawl back into his shitty IRC, circle jerk about how GD is terrible and forums should only last a few months.

Moron.
    He aint got no juice here except his trusty red stapler

ol back of the building cubicle janitor room wondering how he's still here when he's not even on the payroll anymore

that would imply I was ever on the payroll :s

p.s. i believe you have my stapler
    shut up TGS
  • Shin AkumaShin Akuma "A free America without her THOMAS PAINE is unthinkable." ― Marquis de Lafayette Joined: Posts: 1,674
    edited January 12
    Now that SRK is saved, let's hope that this does not happen again.

And this ― when we the migration is complete.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/175625/what-the-hell-did-you-do-to-the-forums/p1
    “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”Bruce Lee
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.Vince Lombardi Jr.
    "Execution wins games." Execution > Strategy. "Execution is like the sun ― every single aspect of fighting games revolves around it." ― Me
    "KNOWING (strategy) is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must DO (execute)." ― Bruce Lee • Leonardo da Vinci • Johann Wolfgang von Goethe • Sun Tzu
    "One may KNOW (strategy) how to conquer without being able to DO (execute) it." "He wins his battles by making NO mistakes. Making NO mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory. ― Sun Tzu
    "If you can execute everything you want to at the right time, you can't lose. And that's why Tomo (Ohira) was the best ever. EXECUTION. He's just quicker, faster, better trained than anyone that's ever lived." ― Jeff Schaefer
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,296 mod
    Looking into Discourse, I see that it has Wordpress integration. I wonder if this is something that can be used so that the front page comments aren't separate from the forums again.
  • FlameAngelZFlameAngelZ I'm gonna fuck you up! Joined: Posts: 1,052
    WE DID IT LEDDIT!!!
    Exclusive Zappa Player!

FlameAngelX got banned... for excessive use of the word "http://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news".
    Pertho wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    Looking into Discourse, I see that it has Wordpress integration. I wonder if this is something that can be used so that the front page comments aren't separate from the forums again.

My initial reaction to that was "please for the love of god no".

It might be a good thing but holy shit is the SRK comment section some dumb shit. You guys can keep current form Specs while we reminisce about Dr.B's bard.

Actually, I want it to happen to drive away the current crop of idiots (e.g. that one dude who rides Japanese dick like a little girl on a pony ride).
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,461 admin
    Cisco wrote: »
    All of you better thank me.

I returned less than 30 days before this site was going to get Deep Impact to pose as the final weapon.

I demand that i have threads and posts expressing their gratitude and admitting that I am the reason why this site was saved.

Many have OG tags and I think i (and only me) should have a "GOAT" tag next to my green bars.
    ftfy

Thanks for being here. Thanks for being part of this.

Support ForumTraffic: help keep SRK alive and make money at the same time!

• AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Preppy wrote: »
    Cisco wrote: »
    All of you better thank me.

I returned less than 30 days before this site was going to get Deep Impact to pose as the final weapon.

I demand that i have threads and posts expressing their gratitude and admitting that I am the reason why this site was saved.

Many have OG tags and I think i (and only me) should have a "GOAT" tag next to my green bars.
    ftfy

Cisco saved SRK?
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    Preppy wrote: »
    As far as I can tell.

Wooooooooooooow.

@Cisco

Thanks. Real Talk.

@Preppy

fishjie still gets to own him for free though, right?

I mean, logic doesn't simply go away because of righteous mindfuckery.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,461 admin
    I've met fishjie, though. Of Cisco, I've only heard the legends.

Thanks for being here. Thanks for being part of this.

Support ForumTraffic: help keep SRK alive and make money at the same time!

• bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 846

Vanilla has wordpress integration too afaik.
    bchan009 wrote: »

Vanilla has wordpress integration too afaik.
    Didn't know. If so, we should have used it (unless it was an additional cost). That said, the current front page staff seem to be more keen on using it.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,881
    Praise Tom.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,904
    edited January 12
    Are we lucky enough to keep this god awful format for mobile? Or will Discourse get rid of that?
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • earthwormbenearthwormben Joined: Posts: 61
    edited January 12
    Richter wrote: »
    Are we lucky enough to keep this god awful format for mobile? Or will Discourse get rid of that?

Go to gearboxs forums for a look at the mobile format, it's very nice, I'm not too keen on the Web theme though

Edited
    Post edited by earthwormben on
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,575
    Well this is awesome news to get today! Also gotta say I love the new reaction tags. Cisco is one of my favorite posters on here, fight me if you want, but hes entertaining and I'll happily mash "ciscolous" on now saved Srk.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    Well this is awesome news to get today! Also gotta say I love the new reaction tags. Cisco is one of my favorite posters on here, fight me if you want, but hes entertaining and I'll happily mash "ciscolous" on now saved Srk.

Cisco is what happens when you take genshir0 and infuse him with actual quality and worth.

• AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,503
    MAGIC PIXEL COMEBACK.

#ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • flickyflicky Why do people run from me? Joined: Posts: 980
    Cisco got his own upvote named after him, this must have been a prophecy.
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 611
    What a week. Major props to those that worked so diligently to keep things alive, as well as those putting in the hours to make new boards if things took a turn for the worse.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm just thankful prem is coming back and that all is well in the SRK land.

Mobile format is still hot garbage though.
    Sheeeeesh.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • RandomRandom Joined: Posts: 333
    good
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Peace to the Mountain. Joined: Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 12
    I’m eager to give money to srk. Hopefully the patreon will be worth donating to. I need animated avatars and rep again. Custom patreon user titles would be cool too.
    Post edited by Stuart Hayden on
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Negro Instal
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ianskie wrote: »
    What a week. Major props to those that worked so diligently to keep things alive, as well as those putting in the hours to make new boards if things took a turn for the worse.

I concur. The other thread about the successor site that bchan009 started was great with lots of positive input and support. Good to hear cooler heads prevailed and better decisions were made.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file