Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Dolores O'Riordan, lead singer of The Cranberries dies

orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER!Joined: Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited January 15 in General Discussion
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/obituaries/dolores-oriordan-dead.html
Dolores O’Riordan, the lead singer of the Irish rock band the Cranberries, died on Monday in London. She was 46.

Her death was announced by her publicist, who did not specify the cause.

“Irish and international singer Dolores O’Riordan has died suddenly in London today,” Lindsey Holmes, the publicist, said in an emailed statement, adding that Ms. O’Riordan had been in London for a recording session.

The statement said that family members are “devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time.”

A spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said on Monday that the police were called to a Park Lane hotel in Westminster at about 9:05 a.m., and that Ms. O’Riordan was pronounced dead at the scene. Her death is being treated as “unexplained,” the spokeswoman said.

Man what a shitty start to the year. The Cranberries were one of my favorite bands growing up, it's like a part of my childhood died too, they were one of the few early 90's bands that stayed consistent into the 00's with a great body of work. Dolores had one of the most unique and beautiful voices around you couldn't confuse her with any other female vocalist, but damn she was only 46 this hits me especially hard after we lost another GOAT from the 90's Scott Weiland not that long ago.

Dolores O'Riodan 2007 solo album was fire, definitely going to keep continue keeping all her work in rotation as long as my ears work.

For both nostalgia sake and any younger posters who may not have been around at the time, can't make a Cranberries thread without their most famous tracks:

INB4 "Zombie puns"
P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"

Comments

• AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭ Former OG

Anorexia Nervosa?
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Satan > Kami Joined: Posts: 4,035
    23e.gif

RIP :sad:
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Pastrami wrote: »
    WTF for the longest time I thought Alanis Morisette was the lead singer of the Cranberries. 90s legend right here, RIP

But Dolores had a gorgeous voice.

And a pretty face.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Cutest vocalist. Had a crush on her while in high school. RIP.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,695
    Yea pretty crazy, can't believe she was only 46, grew up listening to Cranberries.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,405 mod
    crucades wrote: »
    Yea pretty crazy, can't believe she was only 46, grew up listening to Cranberries.

Same. was pretty shocked when I heard the news.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    damn, that is wack af. read this last night via rollingstone.com and thought it was a sick joke.
    #90stakeover

ah, i feel old af but RIP nonetheless.
    :bawling:
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • StockyJamStockyJam Wholier than Thou Joined: Posts: 6,234
    edited January 16
    i never like the cranberries.
    i was in my 20s in the 90s...and never heard them much really. recently i tried to get to like em. but couldnt.not really my flavor.
    regardless, rip hun.
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,108
    StockyJam wrote: »
    i never like the cranberries.
    i was in my 20s in the 90s...and never heard them much really. recently i tried to get to like em. but couldnt.not really my flavor.
    regardless, rip hun.

Why fucking post in the thread then?
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • NinetiesArcadeNinetiesArcade Joined: Posts: 1,567
    RIP Dolores. Thank you for producing wonderful music for us.

=============================================================
    "I put Soleil Moon Frye's breast reduction up with the Holocaust and Khmer Rouge purge as one of THE most senseless tragedies of the 20th Century." Return of Shiki.
    'Racism, that's the name of the game
    And you couldn't escape that if you was David Blaine
    Know what I'm sayin?' -Junk Science, House Wigger

• electricgraveelectricgrave KOBURAH!!! Joined: Posts: 86
    edited January 16
    I love Dolores, I am deeply in love with her voice, with her lyrics, with her attitude. The cranberries for me was that pinnacle of sensible music I'd afford myself to listen to. I don't listen to anyone else like them, I think it's due in part to the incredible musicianship, however I think we all saw it though; That downward spiral her music took, even her solo career albums had that same feeling, Roses certainly did. I wondered for so long what was a miss, maybe she was sick for a long time and kept on trooping like a champ. I wish her close ones and her bandmates nothing but the best, may they find solace like I do, in her melodies.

Shattered (Bury The Hatchet)

Promises (Bury the Hatchet)

Daffodil Lament (No Need to Argue)

Hollywood (To The Faithful Departed)

Bosnia (To The Faithful Departed)

Shoe me the way (Roses)

Wake up and smell the coffee

...she's so gorgeous...
    Post edited by electricgrave on

Not but a few days ago...Warrel Dane also died...another tremendous loss.

• VestaxVestax Blends No. 27 Joined: Posts: 1,523
    RIP
    Play an old man's game. Play Super Turbo.
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 4,015
    I found out via Google Music about 30 minutes after the first media outlets reported it. A station for "Remembering Dolores O’Riordan" came up.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 95
    I've been listening to the cranberries since I was a child. Pretty nostalgic, and even to this day I loved her voice and songs. This was really sad not only for me but my whole family :/
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 685
    RIP
  • RLAAMJR.RLAAMJR. Test Joined: Posts: 936
    Love your unique voice and some awesome and unforgettable songs. RIP Dolores.
    "You should have not tangled with nature!" - Storm, X-men vs Street Fighter

Favorite Street Fighter Character: Ingrid
    Favorite Tekken Character: Lili
    Favorite Marvel vs Capcom Character: Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Favorite Mortal Kombat character: Reptile
    Favorite Darkstalkers character: Bulleta/B.B. Hood

• StockyJamStockyJam Wholier than Thou Joined: Posts: 6,234
    cause of death still unknown? was she a heavy drug user or something?
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,108
    StockyJam wrote: »
    cause of death still unknown? was she a heavy drug user or something?
    That's only you man.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,540
    Man, that's fucking sad. Fentanyl is no joke. My cousin died from that shit a couple years ago. RIP Delores :(
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Goddamn you people are drunk off the Capcom-flavored Kool-aid (tastes like shit, I imagine)...
    RIP po 2018
    Dolores had a traumatic childhood as being the victim of abuse. She coped with it in many different ways, some ways were self-destructive and she paid some heavy tolls, ultimately the price to pay was too high. I can't pretend to understand what she went through, but I won't let the circumstances take away from what she left all of us. I will always love her and remember her fondly.

There's something to be said about extraordinary talent, it is not a gift, there's always a price to pay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file