otori wrote: »
Can anyone ELI5 how this character works? I'm lost against random rekka dudes
Bronn wrote: »
yamcha's a pretty clear point imo.
- stubby normals; meaning he's a bad solo
- he gets all these easy meterless HKDs for other characters
- even using meter his damage scales hard
- can use assists to make up for bad M's
his pressure is insane, and the endless HDK's means he can probably end teams, but he quite explicitly designed to be a point, or a mid with a beam anchor.
OceanMachine wrote: »
New info thanks to dustloop wiki:
- unlike most 5H, Yamcha's 5H is actually + on block and by a LOT. This will be a scrub killer for months.
- in spite of its massive recovery, his divekick (j.2H) can always be into special moves and supers on hit or block. Comboing into WFF will always form a true blockstring. In other words, his divekick is always safe. Not only that, but this will allow you for crazy mixups like going for a j.2H crossup and then following with a crossup rekka.
Also I forgot to mention in my video that the 6M ender in WFF can be slightly delayed to frame trap them.
Tolsimir wrote: »
Not my video, but the best Yamcha guide I have come across so far. Maybe someone else here finds it useful: