Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

Yamcha Thread - Cat Loves Food

2»

Comments

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,734
    edited February 7
    Oh sorry, I read "I end up getting hit" lol.
    Yeah I always used spontaneously 214M as a DP like move at mid range even if it doesn't have invincibility just because it has a gigantic hitbox that lasts forever. You also don't need to time it perfectly for that reason. And the reward is a hard KD.
    [SFV] Laura [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,910
    Yea I figured lol. Now im curious if you can cancel specials during clashes
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,752
    5M is also + on block, not sure how much. Tested by setting enemy to block, pausing during blockstun, then setting enemy to repeat light attack while i mashed on light to get counter hits.

Yamcha his 5M is 0 oB, you probably used a character that has a slower light attacks than Yamcha. So, it can be usedagainst characters that have slow light attacks.
    DBFZ: A18/Trunks/Yamcha
    GGXrdR2:
     Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

Yea I figured lol. Now im curious if you can cancel specials during clashes

You surely can. Someone made a video where two SSJ Vegetas kept cancelling clashes into knees endlessly lol
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • YoungFoxYoungFox Joined: Posts: 147
    Wow OceanMachine thank you for all the work you have put in for yamcha players. The hitboxes will be very helpfull.

So i saw i saw that the dustloop wiki dosnt have yamcha frame data yet. Has anyone seen any posted on twitter or discord that they can share. Id like to know how plus thing like 5h on block is or how plus pack attack on hit is.
    5H is exactly as plus on block as 2L since it forms a true blockstring with it but not with 5L. Going by the what other people said about this game's frame data I'd assume 2L is 6f and 5L is 7f, which makes 5H +6 oB (in short, if you want to frame trap use 5L and not 2L).
    For now I suggest to just record the training dummy to mash lights, do whatever move and then mash play dummy and other normals at the same time. You'll know exactly what you can frame trap into what.
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
    edited February 9
    The active frames on j.H seems like it allows it to cover both tech options. That was my biggest problem with yamcha Is that I couldn't pin people down so this might help out. I'll have to do some testing

J.h is indeed gdlk, use it on Oki.
    Post edited by flighflighflugit on
  • BronnBronn Joined: Posts: 510
    The active frames on j.H seems like it allows it to cover both tech options. That was my biggest problem with yamcha Is that I couldn't pin people down so this might help out. I'll have to do some testing

J.h is indeed gdlk, use it on Oki.

A jump in j.h or a lockdown assist + the plus-on-block 5H is usually my favored meaty.
    3s: Alex with the occasional hugo
    SFV: Alex, G.
    DBZF: Ginyu Force, Yamcha, Tien
    16, Piccolo, Veggie
  • ReijiReiji Joined: Posts: 277

That's some Kim Kaphwan shit right here.
    You don't deserve to know my name !
    edited February 14
    delete
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • WarriorBySandWarriorBySand Joined: Posts: 132
    Yamcha Bnb from 0 to 3 bars

Yamcha fuzzy on tall characters

What does "Cat Loves Food" means ? I read the manga I don't remember anything that. Or is it a fandom thing ?
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 10,909 mod
    SFV Cody Discord! - https://discord.gg/6CwKfAG
    SFV Lounge Discord! - https://discord.gg/cBByyap
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Froztey wrote: »

Oh. Yamcha sounds a bit silly here.
2»